Are the windows tinted in the official pics?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 06:58 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Are the windows tinted in the official pics?

I just looked at the official photos from the TOV site. It appears that the rear windows are all tinted. Is that just for the photo shoot?

Also, I noticed that the chrome trim around the grill stuck out like a sore thumb for the RDX in red and black. The chrome door handles were pretty shiny too!!! However, there was not a piece of chrome trim around the windows. I found that rather inconsistent from a design standpoint. I also think that it would look much more upscale with some thick chrome trim around the windows too, just like the VW Touareg or X5. In fact, the X3 does not have chrome trim like the X5 and it definitely looks cheaper.

What do you think?
Old 04-15-2006, 10:15 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ostrich
I just looked at the official photos from the TOV site. It appears that the rear windows are all tinted. Is that just for the photo shoot?

Also, I noticed that the chrome trim around the grill stuck out like a sore thumb for the RDX in red and black. The chrome door handles were pretty shiny too!!! However, there was not a piece of chrome trim around the windows. I found that rather inconsistent from a design standpoint. I also think that it would look much more upscale with some thick chrome trim around the windows too, just like the VW Touareg or X5. In fact, the X3 does not have chrome trim like the X5 and it definitely looks cheaper.

What do you think?
The 20% tint on the rear windows ("privacy glass") is standard from the factory, like on the MDX and Pilot. There is black chrome around the windows.