Why did you get the RDX - an AWD vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 09:27 AM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why post on the RDX board? The RDX sucks, in your mind, so why come to an enthusiast board for RDX owners or potential RDX buyers?

Forgot I asked...I know why.
I never said that, thanks for putting words in my mouth.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...ort-list_x.htm
Old 09-19-2007, 09:28 AM
B A N N E D

Oh by all means!
Originally Posted by Tripp11
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17385761/

Should I login to my Consumer Reports account to provide even more info? How about JD Power?
Old 09-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Newbie for Life

http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/new...df/2007106.pdf
Old 09-19-2007, 09:33 AM
B A N N E D

From where? Lets keep it in the US please.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Newbie for Life

Seriously, this is just too easy with you...but by all means, continue to voice your opinion (based solely on your mother's Honda) of how poor the reliability is of the Honda/Acura product line.

I'm sure most posters will take you seriously...
Old 09-19-2007, 09:36 AM
Newbie for Life

Originally Posted by AbovePrime.
From where? Lets keep it in the US please.
Why? Aren't cars sold everywhere? Aren't buyers who are polled about their purchase living all over the world?

Merely because you live here in the States doesn't mean the rest of the world's opinion of an auto manufacturer doesn't hold any weight.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:40 AM
B A N N E D

Honda owned three category's out of ten category's, Honda did not dominate the whole survey. This again, coming from people that do washer and dryer reviews, I'm going to them for ALL my car reviewing needs.

CR is so biased it stinks.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17385761/

Should I login to my Consumer Reports account to provide even more info? How about JD Power?
Old 09-19-2007, 09:41 AM
B A N N E D

Because Acura's are sold over here, not over there.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:44 AM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I have read reports of tranny's falling out of TL's, First year tranny problems in TL's, Oddy Tranny problems, misaligned interior trim panels in TL's, MDX's, rattles, the list goes on.

HAHA biased? Lets pull out a CR test with a Toyota or Honda in it and see what biased really means. You would really get your info from a company that ranks Lincoln's at the Top in some category's, Along with Hyundai's?

Laughable really.
did u pick up the new motor trend on accord vs camry? we could sit here all day long and sight instances of EVERY car company's share of problems. Reliability is based on the occurance of said problems (not so much what they are) X amt of problems per X amt of vehicles.

You want to talk panel alignment and quality, the new Toyota Camry is probably a spitting example of degeneration in fit n finish for aToyota, that is documented in about every respectable magazine/reviewer.

honestly.

CR has a Honda atop these catagories: Small car, family sedan, compact pickup & budget car.

In reliability: Honda Accord Hybrid is #1 for fam cars, Small cars #1 is Honda Fit, Roadsters #1 is S2000, small SUV & Minivan is #2, 2nd to Toyota, Pickup Trucks #1 is the Ridgeline...

Would you like me to continue with some more FACT basis for any of the crap uve stated so far
Old 09-19-2007, 09:44 AM
B A N N E D

Seriously, this is just too easy with you...but by all means, continue to voice your opinion (based solely on your mother's Honda) of how poor the reliability is of the Honda/Acura product line.

I'm sure most posters will take you seriously...
First off I could careless if people don't want to take my posts seriously.

Secondly, If you did not know I based my believing of Honda products not being as reliable as everyone says, on my mothers experience and OTHERS as well, TL owners, TSX owners, RDX owners, MDX owners, ODDY owners, ETC... ALL Honda products that have more than one person stranded.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:47 AM
10th Gear

Because Acura's are sold over here, not over there.
Dear Troll:

Please drive your cheap interiorred inferior handling minivan somewhere else.

Thanks,

-c
Old 09-19-2007, 09:47 AM
big shot.

Secondly, If you did not know I based my believing of Honda products not being as reliable as everyone says, on my mothers experience and OTHERS as well, TL owners, TSX owners, RDX owners, MDX owners, ODDY owners, ETC... ALL Honda products that have more than one person stranded.
every car may fail at some point during its life....there are so many variables for that to happen you cannot soley place blame on a manufacturer. Oil changes, proper maintance, belts, engine tunes etc etc.

what exactly is your point? no one is claiming that a honda has never, ever, broken down.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Newbie for Life

Honda owned three category's out of ten category's, Honda did not dominate the whole survey. This again, coming from people that do washer and dryer reviews, I'm going to them for ALL my car reviewing needs.

CR is so biased it stinks.
Sure, Consumer Reports - an independent, NFP organization that has been around since 1930 is biased........but YOU'RE NOT? I think I'll side with CR on this issue.

What about JD Power? Are they biased too, and obviously, since they are - we should all take your "expert" opinion? Once again, I'll take JD Power over your opinion any day of the week.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:53 AM
B A N N E D

Fact, Honda's not leaving anyone stranded is not a FACT.

Panel alignment on a 40K car should be flawless or near perfect, not so misaligned that it looks like someone was asleep on the assembly line.

Honda's hybrid is a rough riding bad Hybrid with dismal MPG for a Hybrid.
Please note that is why they are NOT bringing it back for 2008, along with VERY poor sales.

Please continue with more facts, compared to my "crap".
Old 09-19-2007, 09:54 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by CraigC
Dear Troll:

Please drive your cheap interiorred inferior handling minivan somewhere else.

Thanks,

-c
Old 09-19-2007, 09:56 AM
big shot.

u may have missed this from the other page....

did u pick up the new motor trend on accord vs camry? we could sit here all day long and sight instances of EVERY car company's share of problems. Reliability is based on the occurance of said problems (not so much what they are) X amt of problems per X amt of vehicles.

You want to talk panel alignment and quality, the new Toyota Camry is probably a spitting example of degeneration in fit n finish for aToyota, that is documented in about every respectable magazine/reviewer.

honestly.

CR has a Honda atop these catagories: Small car, family sedan, compact pickup & budget car.

In reliability: Honda Accord Hybrid is #1 for fam cars, Small cars #1 is Honda Fit, Roadsters #1 is S2000, small SUV & Minivan is #2, 2nd to Toyota, Pickup Trucks #1 is the Ridgeline...

Would you like me to continue with some more FACT basis for any of the crap uve stated so far
Old 09-19-2007, 09:58 AM
big shot.

Please note that is why they are NOT bringing it back for 2008, along with VERY poor sales.
ya those sound like cold hard facts to me

they arent bringing it back because the price vs performance just wasnt there...people could spend thousands less on a 4 cyl accord and get very good mpg. the market wasnt there yet
Old 09-19-2007, 09:59 AM
10th Gear

Fact, Honda's not leaving anyone stranded is not a FACT.

Panel alignment on a 40K car should be flawless or near perfect, not so misaligned that it looks like someone was asleep on the assembly line.

Please continue with more facts, compared to my "crap".
Yes the hybrid was crap. you score a point...so now you're 100 irrelevant points to 1 valid point. woo-hoo.

-c
Old 09-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Newbie for Life

care less...

No one takes your posts serious because you don't provide any FACTS which back up your opinion. You just state your opinion which is worth a mint in your mind only.

TL owners, huh? I was a TL owner - want to ask me about my 2004 TL? Did you talk to me? How about my co-worker who has a 2007 TL Type S - want to talk to him? How about a client of mine who drives a 2006 TL - want to talk to her?

TSX owners, huh? My wife had a 2004 TSX - want to talk to her?

RDX owners, huh? YOU'RE NOT ONE OF THEM, but I am - want to talk to me about my experience with my RDX?

How about Accord owners, huh? My wife currently has an Accord - want to talk to her?

Here's what I think - I think you read all of these car enthusiast forums to get your information on cars. Such a small % of car owners come to these sites, and more times than not, they come to vent or complain about issues with their car.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:04 AM
B A N N E D

Sure, Consumer Reports - an independent, NFP organization that has been around since 1930 is biased........but YOU'RE NOT? I think I'll side with CR on this issue.

What about JD Power? Are they biased too, and obviously, since they are - we should all take your "expert" opinion?
Did I say that JD power was biased? No.
But do they know what they are talking about? Probably not.
JD power ranked the MKX's interior at the TOP, While its nice, it's not top ranking.
That and some of their other surveys they have done would put a question in my mind about whether or whether not they knew what they were talking about.

Once again, I'll take JD Power over your opinion any day of the week.
Great! Thanks for sharing!

I did NOT say my opinion was expert, STOP putting words in my mouth.

Thanks

For an Expert opinion I certainly would not base them from CR. Only someone without a brain would so such a thing.

It's quite amusing how some of you Acura owners get SO up in arms over things that don't even matter, because at the end of the day, I will be driving an EDGE or CX-7, you all will be in the RDX or whatever else you drive, nothing that anyone says will change that.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:08 AM
B A N N E D

care less...

No one takes your posts serious because you don't provide any FACTS which back up your opinion. You just state your opinion which is worth a mint in your mind only.
Let me go cry in that corner. Because no one takes my posts seriously, of course you are assuming no one else does, because YOU don't.
TL owners, huh? I was a TL owner - want to ask me about my 2004 TL? Did you talk to me? How about my co-worker who has a 2007 TL Type S - want to talk to him? How about a client of mine who drives a 2006 TL - want to talk to her?
How many owners is that? THREE? Please try again

TSX owners, huh? My wife had a 2004 TSX - want to talk to her?

RDX owners, huh? YOU'RE NOT ONE OF THEM, but I am - want to talk to me about my experience with my RDX?

How about Accord owners, huh? My wife currently has an Accord - want to talk to her?
Yeah, no thanks.

Here's what I think - I think you read all of these car enthusiast forums to get your information on cars. Such a small % of car owners come to these sites, and more times than not, they come to vent or complain about issues with their car.

Don't THINK, know. Thinking leads to asumptions and you cannot assume anything about my motives and be correct.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:10 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by MMike1981
ya those sound like cold hard facts to me

they arent bringing it back because the price vs performance just wasnt there...people could spend thousands less on a 4 cyl accord and get very good mpg. the market wasnt there yet
They are facts, ask Honda, poor sales lead to the demise of the Hybrid Accord.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:27 AM
10th Gear

It's quite amusing how some of you Acura owners get SO up in arms over things that don't even matter, because at the end of the day, I will be driving an EDGE or CX-7, you all will be in the RDX or whatever else you drive, nothing that anyone says will change that.
I thought about the edge a lot when i was buying the RDX since at the time it was hard to get and back ordered. I dug the styling but some of the trim and color choices have me scratching my head, the interior isn't as nice as it should be for the money and once you load it up with all the options you're right around a loaded to the gills honda pilot. It's prolly a nice cheap car but the cost just didn't work out once you threw all the gadgets into it.

It was the same way when i was pricing out the CX-7 you load it up and you may save 2 grand but you still don't have everything the RDX has.

I wasn't a fan of how the CX-7 handled even though i'm a big fan of turbocharged cars with even weight distribution instead of a big engine up front that causes the front end to boat around. If you really like to drive aggressively the RDX is definitely rewarding. Initially like everyone i thought about if i made the right purchase or not. But coming out of a snowy alley at speed making a hard 90 degree turn into a snow covered street and have the car stick it perfectly with the slightest amount of predictable SH-AWD generated fish tail was amazing.

wait, what were we talking about again?

-c
Old 09-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts
They are facts, ask Honda, poor sales lead to the demise of the Hybrid Accord.

Yes the Accord hybrid wasn't selling because Toyota put out the Hybrid camry more geared towards fuel economy, the Accord Hybrid was a performance vehicle.

Poor decision on honda's part because most people that buy the accord just want a comfortable, reliable point a to point b car, if they wanted fast they can pick them selves up a s2000 or now an Acura RDX :P

The accord hybrid and the honda insight are 2 of honda's failed attempts.

your mom's honda probably left her stranded because she neglected to provide any maintenece to the vehicle (not all honda's are maintenence free lol)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Or5qif80xQo

Check that out, some punks trying to kill a honda motor It doesn't proove anything but its a pretty cool video.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:36 AM
XIS
Lizard King

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Don't feed the trolls......

She drives a fricking MazDUH and a ford turd... GMAFB.

It is obvious that she is here because of buyers remorse and her pathetic need to bring others down so it seems to her that her cars were worth it. She is so fargin Jealous of Acura that she is just going to keep spewing, just to hear herself drown out reality in hopes of one day believing herself.

She is a joke.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Aint Doing Sh*t

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Jumping in late but NO car is perfect and the percentages of defects go up with mass production. Certain car companies have more than others. You can't role in here an tell us that the EDGE asd CX-7 have been problem free. I KNOW the CX-7 has had it share of problems and they have been just flying off the lots!!
Old 09-19-2007, 10:53 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by batman
Jumping in late but NO car is perfect and the percentages of defects go up with mass production. Certain car companies have more than others. You can't role in here an tell us that the EDGE asd CX-7 have been problem free. I KNOW the CX-7 has had it share of problems and they have been just flying off the lots!!
Edge=problem free
My CX-7 has had A/C repair and a reflash.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:55 AM
big shot.

all kidding aside, the ford edge/lincoln mkx are hunks of shit, lets be serious here. Overpriced, underperforming american cars that are under the persuasion if u include gimmetry like vista roofs and options, thats what makes a car good. They need to start with the basics, handling, braking, quality.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:58 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by XIS
Don't feed the trolls......

She drives a fricking MazDUH and a ford turd... GMAFB.

It is obvious that she is here because of buyers remorse and her pathetic need to bring others down so it seems to her that her cars were worth it. She is so fargin Jealous of Acura that she is just going to keep spewing, just to hear herself drown out reality in hopes of one day believing herself.

She is a joke.
She? Get your facts STRAIGHT. Aboveprime.=MALE.

No buyers remorse, get OFF of your Acura high horse.

The only car that I would have buyers remorse over is getting the X5 V8, THAT BMW is something to have remorse over.

If I wanted an RDX I could go pick up one RIGHT NOW.

I don't want one because the styling does not suite my tastes.

I believe everything I say.

You should get your facts straight.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:59 AM
RDX Lover

*AHEM I'll try to get back on topic here. The main reasons I bought the RDX are:

1) I live in Denver and 2'+ feet of snow is common. If we have another winter like we did last year (4-5' feet, people stranded, and 4 hours time of being stuck on the road), I will cry if I had to experience the same with another FWD sedan. Granted, I know that the RDX may not get me out of deep snow, but at least I know I'm safe that it won't slip and slide. I also go up to the mountains a lot for snowboarding and to the casinos so the SH-AWD is really helpful.

2) The exterior styling is hot. I love to see the jealous glares as I drive by

3) I wanted a luxury car. The interior is really what struck me. When I first saw the dashboard I fell in love The tech package is fantastic.

4) I love Hondas & Acuras!
Old 09-19-2007, 11:00 AM
XIS
Lizard King

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
blah blah blah blah blah

Listen, girlie. Take your passive-aggressive Acura envy elsewhere.

Don't feed the trolls... Even if they have cute little pig-tails...
Old 09-19-2007, 11:01 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by MMike1981
all kidding aside, the ford edge/lincoln mkx are hunks of shit, lets be serious here. Overpriced, underperforming american cars that are under the persuasion if u include gimmetry like vista roofs and options, thats what makes a car good. They need to start with the basics, handling, braking, quality.
The Edge is damn nice, own one for a week, you will see.
It has a feeling that no other SUV/CUV can provide.
A secure, open, airy feeling with effortless but communcative steering, and a smooth powertrain and a simplistic NAV system. The Vista roof speaks for itself.

The sales numbers on the EDGE's speak volumes.

And for most, problem free.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Newbie for Life

JD power ranked the MKX's interior at the TOP, While its nice, it's not top ranking.
Apples to oranges...

We were discussing reliability and now you've turned to interior styling?

Do you know how JD Power and Consumer Reports obtain their data for reliability?

Merely because JD Power ranked the MKX's interior at a top of a list has nothing to do with their reporting on reliability.

One is subjective and the other is objective.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:02 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by XIS
blah blah blah blah blah

Listen, girlie. Take your passive-aggressive Acura envy elsewhere.

Don't feed the trolls... Even if they have cute little pig-tails...
Hahahahahahaha.
Only if I could have pig tails.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:03 AM
Newbie for Life

The sales numbers on the EDGE's speak volumes.
As do the STEEP discounts and incentives on those vehicles...
Old 09-19-2007, 11:03 AM
B A N N E D

Apples to oranges...

We were discussing reliability and now you've turned to interior styling?

Do you know how JD Power and Consumer Reports obtain their data for reliability?

Merely because JD Power ranked the MKX's interior at a top of a list has nothing to do with their reporting on reliability.

One is subjective and the other is objective.
No that was not my point, my point was to question their credibility based on some of their views on whats the best.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Newbie for Life

She? Get your facts STRAIGHT. Aboveprime.=MALE.

No buyers remorse, get OFF of your Acura high horse.

The only car that I would have buyers remorse over is getting the X5 V8, THAT BMW is something to have remorse over.

If I wanted an RDX I could go pick up one RIGHT NOW.

I don't want one because the styling does not suite my tastes.

I believe everything I say.

You should get your facts straight.
At least he (I'm assuming XIS is a "he" - pardon me if I'm incorrect) has facts to straighten up a bit. I'm still waiting on any sort of factual evidence you have to support all of your reliability smoke.

I'm provided plenty which clearly illustrates the Japanese are on top of their game when it comes to reliability.

You - well, you tell me stories about how people tell you all the problems they've had with their Japanese cars. Remember how I informed you people come to forums to vent?
Old 09-19-2007, 11:06 AM
B A N N E D

As do the STEEP discounts and incentives on those vehicles...
I'm so sorry, but those STEEP discounts are on the RDX and they STILL are not moving as fast as everyone would like.

Those STEEP incentives are a whopping 1k.

The EDGE is selling well regardless of discounts, and as far as I'm concerned all the people that bought the EDGE did not buy them because of the discounts(you can have one at invoice right now, not the case 6 months ago)
they bought them because they liked the EDGE.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:09 AM
Newbie for Life

No that was not my point, my point was to question their credibility based on some of their views on whats the best.
ONE IS FREAKING SUBJECTIVE AND THE OTHER IS OBJECTIVE.

Do you not understand? Damn, this is an uphill battle with you and 99.99% of the people reading this thread would understand this simple point.

I'm giving up...

All bow to the blue oval....but after this year, they'll lose all rights to that oval and the name Ford and be insignificant in the auto manufacturing world.

Maybe one of these years someone will stumble into this forum and take your opinion as FACT and you'll have accomplished something with your time spent at Acurazine.

Quick Reply: Why did you get the RDX - an AWD vehicle?