What are people paying for new RDX techs these days?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 02:47 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are people paying for new RDX techs these days?

I walked into the dealer to test drive an RDX the other day (looking for a car for my wife), and the guy offered that they're going for about $32k right now with Tech package... I wasn't even asking about prices--does this seem about right though? A good friend of mine just bought an MDX Tech about 2 months ago for $38k... Seems like these are being heavily discounted?

Oh and any other tips for someone considering their first Acura?

Thx
Old 02-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Intermediate

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...680437&page=13 has a list of prices that we've paid.

31-32k for the RDX tech seems about right given the current econ. crisis. The prices do vary a bit depending on where you live too. The price for the MDX sounds about right as well. If you've bought from other luxury brands, you'll quickly notice that Acura won't kill you with options as the RDX has 2 basic configurations: base or tech. Goodluck and let us know how it goes.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:02 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by plausible
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...680437&page=13 has a list of prices that we've paid.

31-32k for the RDX tech seems about right given the current econ. crisis. The prices do vary a bit depending on where you live too. The price for the MDX sounds about right as well. If you've bought from other luxury brands, you'll quickly notice that Acura won't kill you with options as the RDX has 2 basic configurations: base or tech. Goodluck and let us know how it goes.
Thanks for the link... thats a good negotiating tool. =)

We come from a BMW family, so I'm well versed on what Germans consider options--and what they charge for them... We're considering the RDX, MB GLK350 and X3. Amazingly, a new fully loaded X3 is close to $50k--WTF!? The fully loaded GLK350 at $45k would be interesting if it could be had in the high 30's--but even then it'd be hard to argue with an RDX Tech being almost $7k cheaper than that...

Oh, anything else we should be looking at / considering when looking at the RDX? We want all the goodies the tech package has (no rear seat DVD though?) including Sat radio, iPod, Nav, Bluetooth and Xenon headlights.

Thx for the reply.

PS: I'm in Boston
Old 02-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Intermediate

Again, 32k for the RDX tech is pretty good. If you want to shop around for the best price, you can use the tips from http://www.realcartips.com/articles/...a-new-car.html . I relied heavily on their recommendation of emailing the closest dealerships for quotes, and used the prices paid on this forum to get a good price.

The RDX doesn't have rear seat DVD, it is however, an option on the MDX. There's been quite a few comparisons between the X3 and the RDX on the forum, but since you're in the market and looking at the GLK, I'm curious to see what you think of it in relation to the RDX.

The tech package also has the backup camera (but no guide lines), nav traffic, voice recognition, DVD audio... The key fob can also roll down your windows in the summer. I can't think of any other goodies off the top of my head.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:25 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by plausible
Again, 32k for the RDX tech is pretty good. If you want to shop around for the best price, you can use the tips from http://www.realcartips.com/articles/...a-new-car.html . I relied heavily on their recommendation of emailing the closest dealerships for quotes, and used the prices paid on this forum to get a good price.

The RDX doesn't have rear seat DVD, it is however, an option on the MDX. There's been quite a few comparisons between the X3 and the RDX on the forum, but since you're in the market and looking at the GLK, I'm curious to see what you think of it in relation to the RDX.

The tech package also has the backup camera (but no guide lines), nav traffic, voice recognition, DVD audio... The key fob can also roll down your windows in the summer. I can't think of any other goodies off the top of my head.
I've actually test driven all 3 so far -- and the Land Rover LR2 as well (I've always had a softw spot in my heart for my old Discovery).

So far, I like the styling of the MB the best--both interior and exterior. It drove great. The 7 speed auto shifted smoothly and the ride was quiet and handled well on highways / corning.

The X3 I love simply because it reminds me of my e46 and I can get it in a manual transmission and sports package. The only auto I've ever owned was the Disco (and it was my wifes) so I never really drove it that much... I'll be driving this car considerbly more even though its going to be her car primarily, and would really like the MT. With new X3 prices as they are though, I'd probably be looking at a CPO with about 10k miles on it to make it competitive.

As for the Freelander 2 (err thats the LR2 in the US--ha) I loved the looks of it for a smaller SUV and love the inside as well. On my test drive 3 warning lights came on when I hit the brakes hard--ahhh, memories of my old Discovery... I'll pass...
Old 02-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I test drove the LR2 as well. Like you, I loved the way it looked but when I took it on the freeway, I was flooring it and it would not move. It was quite a let down. I'm glad I went with the RDX.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's because the LR2 is/was a FORD!!! But anyway...I digress.

sna77 I'm in Boston as well and got my Acura RDX Tech from Herb Connolly Framingham. They actually didn't have the lowest price (Acura of Boston beat them by $600) but they had the best customer service. I just couldn't give my money to Acura of Boston. They were such @$$holes! However the Service Dept at Acura of Boston, I've been told, is completely different than their sales people.

I also looked at the X3 when buying and what it came down to was cost/value. Now this is my opinion so don't you all start yelling at me, but for what you spend I feel as though you get so much more in the RDX than you do in the X3. Yes you're missing the auto passenger seat, auto headlights, and some other small stuff which did bother me. But now that I've had my RDX for almost a year I don't even think about that stuff anymore. In fact I laugh at the fact that it was bothering me so much.

I come from an Acura family so I'm a little bias but I really believe I made the best choice for me when looking at the two.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:29 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by phoward_15
It's because the LR2 is/was a FORD!!! But anyway...I digress.

sna77 I'm in Boston as well and got my Acura RDX Tech from Herb Connolly Framingham. They actually didn't have the lowest price (Acura of Boston beat them by $600) but they had the best customer service. I just couldn't give my money to Acura of Boston. They were such @$$holes! However the Service Dept at Acura of Boston, I've been told, is completely different than their sales people.

I also looked at the X3 when buying and what it came down to was cost/value. Now this is my opinion so don't you all start yelling at me, but for what you spend I feel as though you get so much more in the RDX than you do in the X3. Yes you're missing the auto passenger seat, auto headlights, and some other small stuff which did bother me. But now that I've had my RDX for almost a year I don't even think about that stuff anymore. In fact I laugh at the fact that it was bothering me so much.

I come from an Acura family so I'm a little bias but I really believe I made the best choice for me when looking at the two.
Went to Acura of Peabody last night to drive the RDX again... Was impressed with the acceleration and how it handled coming off the highway on a bumpy off ramp... The car is definitely in my top 3 choices right now, and is clearly the best "value" cost wise of the finalists (X3, GLK, RDX).

I have to say though, I really do not like the dashboard feel of this car... Waaay too much going on. Too many things talking to me, too many buttons, and the Nav screen is at a really bad angle (why is it angled up instead of down?)... I couldn't see the Nav in bright sunlight the first time I drove it which bothered me...

So I'm a bit torn... At $32k this appears to be a great little truck... The issue for me is will I be happier plopping down an extra $8k for a 6 speed X3... I just can't seem to get a handle on driving an automatic...

BTW, thanks for the tip on Acura of Boston. i actually called them today and told them to stop calling me. The salesman called me the day after I went in to thank me--fine, expected that. They then started spamming me from an 800 number 2x a day (I didn't pick up until yesterday) and were not leaving VM messages... I finally told them yesterday to stop calling me for the first time... this morning I get an email from them... UGH...