VSA ABS Lights FIX please

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2022, 12:59 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
VSA ABS Lights FIX please

I am working on a 2007 rdx. The VSA and ABS lights are on and blinking. I have carefully inspected and replaced the Brakes, Bled the brakes, checked the fuses, checked for pinched or problems with wheel Speed sensors
Really hoping for a fix or a way to reset the lights. I have seen a few posts suggesting jumping PIN9 and 4 on the OBD port and pressing and releasing the Brake.
I am not sure that this works for 1st Gen RDX models but would like to hear if anyone had any luck.

Background: Initially months back the car was having problems with the accessories and power cutting out while driving. It would only happen for a brief second and then be fine for a bit before repeating. The car does not die, but all of the electroncs would cut out as if the ignition was turned to off and then back to on. In most but not all cases it would turn on the VSA ABS lights as well and in some cases leave me with a code to indicate the relay was in the open position.
I checked all the wiring for fraying and corrrosion, checked any and all connections, I thoroughly cleaned and re clamped the carefully inspected battery cables, I re cleaned and re attached the Ground straps from the battery to trans and the Block to the body.
I replaced the 2 main relays under the hood as well as the 2 relays in car relays behind the VSA unit in the car. Based on other persons posts with similar issues.
The car would seem to run again without lights or problems for about a week, Then it would occur again.
Not sure if the lights are an actual problem or software, PCM issue