TireVan experience, very positive

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 09:19 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
TireVan experience, very positive

I finally decided (my wife did actually) to get a new set of rubber for our "chrome" rims for the Acura. Let me elaborate. When we got the car it came with summer rubber on the 19's. Living in New England I bought an extra OEM set but instead of winter I decided to put All Seasons. It was a great decision because the summer rubber only had one more "season" under it's belt, and when it was time to put those back on I got laid off.
Anyhow, things are better now, and we were able to afford the 1K in rubber for the car.
I had seen this commercial for TireVan and figure that it would be too expensive because they come to you, but actually it was awesome. The rubber was priced the same as Tirerack (after you add shipping), and there was a $20 gas surcharge that was definitely worth paying for not having to make an appointment and wait at a shop.
The guy came to my house (a bit late I may add) but did the job in less than 1hr. I was able to see the entire process (unlike places that don't allow you to be in the shop) from my window, while sipping FRESH coffee and playing with my daughter.

I decided to go with the Continental DWS (same I have in my other car) because I am in love with those tires. I have never had a better all season.

OEM 18"

Optional 19" wheels

Old 03-10-2011, 07:39 AM
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 234 Posts
Thanks for the report.

I take it there were no scratches or blemishes when he was done?

Can't see a jack. What did he use to lift the car?
Old 03-10-2011, 07:53 AM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
No, my wheels were pre-scratched....but their machine was pretty good, looked new-er and in good shape.
he jacked up the front and back separately. I don't know exactly where he put the jack though.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:11 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@wrestrepo - Thank you for the positive comments about our service. We are sorry that we were a bit late to the appointment but are ecstatic that you were satisfied with your entire experience. Although traffic issues are not always predictable within our service territories, we continue to strive towards providing a timely service experience.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:40 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TireVan

I had good luck with Tirevan as well. Their prices for the tires were very good. I bought Cooper Zeon RS3-As (for my TSX) which I am very happy with. The installer seemed like a pro. The only hitches I found were that while the road-force balancing was $8 per tire (which I thought was a good price), customer service said that "Straight track" was included. The tech had no idea about Straight Track, and even called the office, which was no help. The installation ($100) and $20 "mobile service" added up, so I paid a little for the convenience. And, in the end, my tires were not inflated to the correct pressure, a minor issue. For my wife's car I will save money going to Sears for Michelins because of their free install, but in this case I got the best deal I could. I had to join the NOVA Corvette group to get $20 of the install. I asked customer service to set up a similar deal for the acurazine, but never received a response.