Those RonJon Wheels Look Pretty Sweet

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007 | 10:17 PM
Diggin' the RDX!

Those RonJon Wheels Look Pretty Sweet

Up there in the corner. They are growing on me. I'm not in love with the stockers; I could take 'em or leave 'em. Anybody else contemplated a switch? What'd you get, and/or what're you thinking of getting? I've seen the 20" threads, those don't do much for me. I'd stay with 18s if I got new wheels.

Wish they'd put more RDX photos on the RonJon site.
Old 03-16-2007 | 03:19 AM
Photographer

im getting new wheels. ill post pics when i put them on. 20"s though. no point in changing the wheels if your just gonna go 18"s again (IMO).
Old 03-16-2007 | 08:33 AM
Instructor

I've been looking at those too. I wouldn't want to change the wheels either, it would compensate the already "sporty" suspesion. It's just to dress it up, and wow, that would look sweet. Not sure I want to take the dive though.
Old 03-16-2007 | 09:13 AM
Burning Brakes

yea-- they look insane.... i was looking around for more, but i cant find any on his site...
Old 03-16-2007 | 09:26 AM
Burning Brakes

i'm talking about these

Old 03-16-2007 | 12:59 PM
Former 07 RDX Tech owner

I love the look of the legend wheels, but the centers stick out pretty far so they'll be very easily scuffed during parallel parking.

Are the protrusions affected by wheel offset?
Old 03-16-2007 | 01:29 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DNPhotography
im getting new wheels. ill post pics when i put them on. 20"s though. no point in changing the wheels if your just gonna go 18"s again (IMO).
Er, sure there are good reasons:

1) Able to use stocker tires
2) maintian a better ride / more rubber!
3) more rubber, longer treadwear!
Old 03-16-2007 | 05:16 PM
Intermediate

Those look really nice. I've been leaning towards getting a pair of chrome wheels from Acura but I might reconsider. I've also considered getting black wheels with a chrome lip around the outside.

Either way I'm waiting until I need new tires so I can do it all at once. I plan to use my stock wheels for snow tires.
Old 03-16-2007 | 06:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Psychobroker

I agree with you.
Old 03-16-2007 | 09:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Psychobroker

yeah, but not really, tire compound can negate all those pointsd, besides, a 19" Legend wheel will weigh about the same as the 18" wheel, and look a ton better. Smaller sidewalls will increase steering response with less flex in the sidewall wehn abrupt turns are made. also gives you the oppurtuinty to upgrade the compund and width at the same time.

Also, the Legend center doesn't protrude at all, its a flush flat faced wheel with a drop center, this wheel will scuff on curbs liek any other wheel, granted the tire doesn't protect the wheel according to the size tire used. here is a better image of the RDX with Legends:

PS: discounts available for those who want to shoot their car with our wheels wafter purchasing, we need to proimote the RDX market on our site...

Old 03-16-2007 | 10:09 PM
Senior Moderator

^^ I really like those wheels. Looks nice on the RDX.
Old 03-17-2007 | 07:37 AM
Instructor

I like the graphite on the black car. The chrome looks a bit ghetto.
Old 03-17-2007 | 11:23 AM
rdxsteverino

rondog - May just be an illusion but the left tire sidewall height looks smaller than the right. I'm guessing you didn't want to take the trouble to touch up the right side wheels/tires as well since they barely show. In any case they certainly look clean and I do prefer the graphite over the chrome on a black RDX.
Originally Posted by rondog
yeah, but not really, tire compound can negate all those pointsd, besides, a 19" Legend wheel will weigh about the same as the 18" wheel, and look a ton better. Smaller sidewalls will increase steering response with less flex in the sidewall wehn abrupt turns are made. also gives you the oppurtuinty to upgrade the compund and width at the same time.

Also, the Legend center doesn't protrude at all, its a flush flat faced wheel with a drop center, this wheel will scuff on curbs liek any other wheel, granted the tire doesn't protect the wheel according to the size tire used. here is a better image of the RDX with Legends:

PS: discounts available for those who want to shoot their car with our wheels wafter purchasing, we need to proimote the RDX market on our site...

Old 03-17-2007 | 02:21 PM
Former 07 RDX Tech owner

Also, the Legend center doesn't protrude at all, its a flush flat faced wheel with a drop center, this wheel will scuff on curbs liek any other wheel, granted the tire doesn't protect the wheel according to the size tire used.
Thanks for the updates rondog. What size tire were you basing your comment about the tire protecting the rim?

BTW, I based my observation that the spokes protrude on these pictures from the ronjon web site which make it look like the hub is flush, but the spokes stick out past the hub and past the rim. Are they perhaps from a wheel with a different offset than the ones for the RDX? Or is this just an optical illusion?

Old 03-17-2007 | 09:57 PM
Racer

Those do look good, I must admit. But with the suspension as it is, and the state of my local roads, I'd be more likely to go down to 17's, than up to 19's.
Old 03-19-2007 | 08:42 PM
Got Boost?Rdx/Base/CGP

those are kinda hot too..but i really like the "Inspyre" rims..they are f*ck*ng hot
Old 03-23-2007 | 12:02 PM
Missin my TSX =(

Originally Posted by deandorsey
i'm talking about these

me too baby they look sickkk
Old 03-23-2007 | 12:05 PM
Missin my TSX =(

yoo ron.. im from NYC.. i plan on pickin up a set in the next 2 months or so.. so i can come up and do a shoot too
Old 04-16-2007 | 10:09 AM
Racer

Those rims are nice, asthetically though the RDX looks like a skateboard - so me no likey.