Thanks forum members, for all of your help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 06:02 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks forum members, for all of your help!

I just wanted to drop a post thanking everyone on the forum for their comments and insight on the RDX. This place has been a TREMENDOUS resource for me in choosing and purchasing my new RDX (Black/Black/Tech), as well as in locating, buying and installing a few accessories (put my rear bumper sticker on today with instructions from this site!). I've had my vehicle for a couple of weeks now and couldn't be happier. Thanks everyone!
Old 11-25-2006, 10:02 PM
rdxsteverino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JHill
I just wanted to drop a post thanking everyone on the forum for their comments and insight on the RDX. This place has been a TREMENDOUS resource for me in choosing and purchasing my new RDX (Black/Black/Tech), as well as in locating, buying and installing a few accessories (put my rear bumper sticker on today with instructions from this site!). I've had my vehicle for a couple of weeks now and couldn't be happier. Thanks everyone!
Couldn't agree more. Best site I've found for RDX info. Generally good members who are willing to help out those of us who need it. The collective knowledge of the Acurazine RDX community is impressive.

Have fun with your new ride! I certainly am.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:41 PM
9th Gear

Yeah this site is helping me a lot. I'm going to buy the 2007 Acura RDX, but it's going to take probably a little while before I can go to the Acura Dealership.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Advanced

I too would like to thank everyone. Because of you we are close to buying an RDX. I am getting quotes (the latest is at invoice) and with the 4.9% special financing I figure our monthly payments would be only $82 more per month than the CRV EX-L we were also considering. How can you not see the value in that? The prices on CRV's are not coming down and there is no special financing (they don't seem to need it). My wife needs a bit more convincing but she is having a hard time. Her family is saying we do not need such an expensive car. If it was up to them we would be buying a used Kia. Now that the Thanksgiving holiday is over and her family is gone, we can really sit down and talk about it. Thanks again. Jay
Old 11-26-2006, 07:59 PM
Be kind to us truckers !

Originally Posted by JayCT
I too would like to thank everyone. Because of you we are close to buying an RDX. I am getting quotes (the latest is at invoice) and with the 4.9% special financing I figure our monthly payments would be only $82 more per month than the CRV EX-L we were also considering. How can you not see the value in that? The prices on CRV's are not coming down and there is no special financing (they don't seem to need it). My wife needs a bit more convincing but she is having a hard time. Her family is saying we do not need such an expensive car. If it was up to them we would be buying a used Kia. Now that the Thanksgiving holiday is over and her family is gone, we can really sit down and talk about it. Thanks again. Jay
Get what you want, you only live once!..as long as youcan afford it!
Old 11-27-2006, 09:24 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I too wanted to thank everyone on this forum!! With your help, advice, & even a few pms; you help make up my mind to purchase the rdx & assisted me to negotiate a fair deal. I pick it up on Thursday!! Nighthawk Black with Ebony interior tech!

Joe
Old 11-28-2006, 08:26 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JayCT

If you wouldn't mind, are you looking in northern or southern ct b/c dealers I've been talking to don't really seem to want to move from msrp and I've been seeing otherwise on this site?
Old 11-28-2006, 11:50 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 007TL-S
Get what you want, you only live once!..as long as youcan afford it!
AMEN
Old 11-29-2006, 08:55 AM
Advanced

ddrn - We are now at $200 UNDER invoice, no fees or add-ons, just tax and registration. We are talking to dealers in central CT (Manchester and North Haven) and RI. I got this quote by sending an email request to the dealers that had the car I wanted. We are now trying to work out a deal on the trade-in. This has be wrapped up by tomorrow because it is the end of the month. Hopefully by this time tomorrow, we will be the owners of a Carbon Gray Base RDX with taupe interior. Jay
Old 11-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Advanced

ddrn - I went with the deal in North Haven which was $200 under invoice, but if you want the best deal, check Inskip in RI. At the last minute they went $500 UNDER invoice (yes, $500 under invoice, not sure how they were doing it). They were great but I had already committed to the North Haven deal and the difference worked out to a few $ per month. I highly recommend them both if you are looking. Good luck. Jay
Old 11-30-2006, 08:39 AM
Intermediate

JayCT - Thanks so much for all of your help. It really seems that those dealerships are far more willing to do some negotiating. I'll definitaly look into it and let you know how I end up doing! Thanks!
Old 11-30-2006, 10:17 AM
Advanced

ddrn - If you are willing to take the drive to RI, I think they will give you a really good offer. For our MDX we drove 100 miles to get the vehicle we wanted at the price we wanted with no add-ons or fees.

North Haven also gave me a good deal and were very professional with no pressure. We bought in North Haven. Got $200 off invoice with no add-ons or fees. RI would have done better, but had already agreed to NH. Anyway, the new vehicle is sitting out in the parking lot now. Looks great from my window. I think you just need to be presistent and not be afraid to play one dealer against another. I read carbuyingtips.com for support. Check it out if you haven't already. Good luck, Jay
Old 12-02-2006, 09:02 AM
Intermediate

JayCT - I don't know that we're willing to go out to RI - that's kind of far for us but I am looking into the other dealerships that you've mentioned. Things are a little slow moving now but I'm hoping that we'll have something nailed down by the end of this month (or earlier!)! I'll be sure to keep you posted!
Old 12-13-2006, 01:01 PM
Intermediate

I wanted to officially thank the memebers of this forum for all the help I rec'd in researching the purchase of my new RDX. We were discussing it last night after picking up the car and agreed that thanks to the forum and some member's advice, I was able to have both the knowledge and the confidence to negotiate a fair deal. Needless to say, I am extremely pleased with my purchase, and even feel like I got a deal that I'm happy with too! So, thanks again to everyone for all your input and advice! I love my RDX!
Old 12-13-2006, 03:15 PM
07 RDX - Royal Blue/Ebony

Originally Posted by ddrn
I wanted to officially thank the memebers of this forum for all the help I rec'd in researching the purchase of my new RDX. We were discussing it last night after picking up the car and agreed that thanks to the forum and some member's advice, I was able to have both the knowledge and the confidence to negotiate a fair deal. Needless to say, I am extremely pleased with my purchase, and even feel like I got a deal that I'm happy with too! So, thanks again to everyone for all your input and advice! I love my RDX!
ddrn, so how about some details -- what trim/color did you get? Good deal?
Old 12-13-2006, 04:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by c_hunter
ddrn, so how about some details -- what trim/color did you get? Good deal?
Let me guess....... Silver/ebony tech package for $35k? lol
Old 12-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Intermediate

Sasair - very clever!

Anyway, it is a silver/ebony tech for $35 even. (this inkcludes free lifetime oil changes at the dealership and some other minor service perks) I went with a local dealer that I had had previous experience with and feel comfortable with the deal I got. At this point, I'm just thrilled that the RDX is outside and I love driving it!