Squealing noise from rear passenger wheel

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016 | 04:27 PM
Cruisin'

Squealing noise from rear passenger wheel

So the noise is noticeable in warm temperature. The warmer/ hotter the louder the noise. I took it to a shop and the mechanic Walmart able to help me diagnose the problem, but he told me from the looks of my rotor, they may be warped. He said my brake pads (EBC red stuff) was to aggressive on the rotors (EBAY rotors). He pointed out to me that my rotors look dark and my pads are over heating the rotors.
Any of you experience peeps shine some light here.
Btw I not an aggressive driver, just drive the car normally, 7 miles each way to work in the city. Thx

Driver front

Driver rear

Passenger rear

Passenger rear

Passenger front
Old 05-03-2016 | 05:13 PM
8th Gear

From the looks of it, it appears that your rotors are glazed, by the substantially shiny surface. There may be some truth to what you were told about he pads being too aggressive. I have experienced similar results with aftermarket brake pads and rotors. The only luck I've had is by using OEM pads with either OEM rotors or aftermarket rotors. Always with OEM pads tho. Not sure if this helps but good luck.
Old 05-05-2016 | 10:42 AM
Pro

The MOST important step you can take to make your brakes stop best and last longest- is to break-in your brakes.

It's simple to do. Baer has a couple of how to's about seasoning the rotors and then bedding the pads on their website.

For now you might be able to save your setup...

1) Take off the wheels and inspect the rotors. Are there grooves or is there clumpy pad depostion? (As opposed to a fine smooth layer of pad deposition) Use coarse emory cloth to freshen up the disc surface. (It looks like all the rotors are marked in about the same place- near the outer edge- and scored?)

2) Remove the pads and inspect them. Look at how they are wearing.

3) Chamfer the leading and trailing edges of the pads, and reinstall them.

Then follow the break-in steps from Baer. For your brakes sake and for your own peace of mind.

How do brakes get warped?
Old 05-31-2016 | 04:29 PM
10th Gear

The rotors do not look like the pads are to aggressive, I run EBC red pads on my Acura TSX. I do not think you need the red pads and you should probably use EBC green pads. The EBC pads come with break-in material on the pads. It does look like you car sits outside and gets surface rust on the rotors. I would pull the rear passenger caliper and take a good look on both sides of the rotor and make sure the squeeler on the inside pad is not contacting the rotor. It is not unusual to have pads wear unevenly if the caliper slides are sticking.