RDX vibration

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006 | 02:51 PM
2nd Gear

RDX vibration

I am picking up a vibration from the front floor board when I am driving over 40 mph. It is a high frequency vibration that I can feel with my left foot when it is resting on the plastic floor plate. Has anyone else experienced this? I find it annoying.
Old 10-26-2006 | 02:57 PM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

Vibration

Originally Posted by stkstroker
I am picking up a vibration from the front floor board when I am driving over 40 mph. It is a high frequency vibration that I can feel with my left foot when it is resting on the plastic floor plate. Has anyone else experienced this? I find it annoying.
Don't feel it on the floor, but I feel a tiny little bit of vibration on the seats when the car is idle. Going to check with the dealer to see if it is normal.
Old 10-26-2006 | 03:07 PM
Instructor

The biggist issue that I have with noise is two for me:

One is the noise coming from the tires and it is rather high pitch sound and more severe on some type of pavement than the other.

Another is noise coming from area near or at the B pillar behind the left shoulder of the driver when it is raining. It sounds like rain drops are hitting the corrugated tin roof. It surely is impact-noise and it is quite loud to be noticed easily. I checked the material on the front edge of the B pillar and there seems to some hollow plastic fit pieces on the driver door side. Other than that, I have not notice any other noise related to the movement of the vehicle.
Old 10-26-2006 | 03:11 PM
07 Carbon Gray/Ebony

I do not feel the vibration you described. A dealer check may be in order!
Old 10-27-2006 | 11:37 AM
KBP S

Originally Posted by gomboy60
The biggist issue that I have with noise is two for me:

One is the noise coming from the tires and it is rather high pitch sound and more severe on some type of pavement than the other.

Another is noise coming from area near or at the B pillar behind the left shoulder of the driver when it is raining. It sounds like rain drops are hitting the corrugated tin roof. It surely is impact-noise and it is quite loud to be noticed easily. I checked the material on the front edge of the B pillar and there seems to some hollow plastic fit pieces on the driver door side. Other than that, I have not notice any other noise related to the movement of the vehicle.
The tires that it comes with are always very loud, but they are good tires. Try another brand of tire if you can.

Haven't had that problem with mine.
Old 10-27-2006 | 02:14 PM
Banned

Tire humm...mine does it too.
Old 10-27-2006 | 10:04 PM
luvs redheads!

if you are running the larger rims with the low pro tires you will feel that because of the suspension being somewhat stiff.
Old 10-28-2006 | 10:27 AM
2nd Gear

I have the stock wheels. It could be a vibration from the tires. Seems to be worse at different speeds. I can mainly feel it if my left foot is resting on the plastic foot rest on the floor board.
Old 10-28-2006 | 10:40 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by stkstroker
I have the stock wheels. It could be a vibration from the tires. Seems to be worse at different speeds. I can mainly feel it if my left foot is resting on the plastic foot rest on the floor board.
After reading this thread I feel all kinds of vibrations on the floorboard! but nothing out of the ordinary. If it is more excessive than the norm, then take it to the dealer and let them feel it. Do you hear anything associated with the vibration if you turn the radio off and turn the fans off? Rattles? Could be a defective tire or maybe just a tire out of balance if it only happens at high speed. Don't suppose you noticed if a balancing weight was on that wheel before the vibration started....
Old 10-28-2006 | 12:33 PM
Master in Science

Take another RDX for a test drive and see if you notice the same thing. If not, ask the dealer to take a look at your car. It might be normal (or not).
Old 10-28-2006 | 12:45 PM
Missin my TSX =(

i feel some engine vibrations when idle, which causes the steering wheel n seats to vibrate a little... n when i go over bumps or whatever... the passanger seats shake a little and its annoying.... anyone?
Old 10-28-2006 | 03:42 PM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

Originally Posted by chyllintsx
i feel some engine vibrations when idle, which causes the steering wheel n seats to vibrate a little...

Mine is the same, not sure if it is normal ! I won't feel vibration unless my head is on the head rest. Other RDX owners, do you have the feeling during car idle ?
Old 10-29-2006 | 12:49 PM
Missin my TSX =(

Originally Posted by acurardx
Mine is the same, not sure if it is normal ! I won't feel vibration unless my head is on the head rest. Other RDX owners, do you have the feeling during car idle ?

yea me too.. ill only feel it if i lean my head on the headrest
Old 12-14-2010 | 03:45 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by chyllintsx
i feel some engine vibrations when idle, which causes the steering wheel n seats to vibrate a little... n when i go over bumps or whatever... the passanger seats shake a little and its annoying.... anyone?

I just got a used 2008 RDX w/ Tech Pkg and it does the same thing at idle.

When your driving, the RDX is really smooth. But as soon as you come to a stop, there is a slight vibration that I can feel and hear. According to the Car and Driver Long Term Test, some drivers complained of a "lumpy idle". So I guess this slight vibration at idle is a common thing.
Old 12-15-2010 | 08:08 AM
Intermediate

I don't feel anything. But I haven't got my RDX yet. Still waiting. Hopefully this weekend.