Rdx Tech Package. See What's Not Standard...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 10:19 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rdx Tech Package. See What's Not Standard...

I just received the production brochures for the RDX at my dealership. The RDX will have two trim levels; Premium and a Tech Package. Both vehicle will have 240-hp, 260 ft/lbs. of torque, SH-AWD, Sport Shift 5-speed automatic with paddle shifters, VSA, ACE and dual climate control.

The Tech Package will add Navigation with Voice Recognition, ELS sound with 10-speaker surround, Hands Free Link ( Bluetooth Handsfree ), Acura Link with real-time traffic and solar sensing climate control.

Check your local dealer and see if they have received the new brochures.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:25 AM
Pro

I assume the RDX doesn't have passenger power seat or driver's memory seat settings does it? I don't see anything about that in the specs I've seen.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:22 AM
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by TorontoTL
I assume the RDX doesn't have passenger power seat or driver's memory seat settings does it? I don't see anything about that in the specs I've seen.
it will next year
Old 04-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Actually, I think the power passenger seat comes in year two, memory seats in year three....
Old 04-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Instructor

Are these the brochures for potential buyers?

I am number one on the list at my local dealer for the RDX and will be going to see them tomorrow about the upcoming MDX. My wife's MDX lease will be up in December so we want to be assured of an 07 at that time.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Cruisin'

I can't believe the Tech package offers nav with rear view camera but you can't get memory seat for the driver. Ridiculous. Looks like I will give the X3 a closer look. It is supposed to be getting a minor redo for 2007...
Old 04-16-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm a llama :(

I'm sure it'll be like the TSX and get the power passanger seat and driver memory seat in a year or two. Wish they didn't do it that way....anyone know why they might do that????
Old 04-16-2006, 10:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Motohip
I'm sure it'll be like the TSX and get the power passanger seat and driver memory seat in a year or two. Wish they didn't do it that way....anyone know why they might do that????
It was left out so they can add features over the next two years without incuring huge development costs. It costs a lot of money to come up with 'something new' to add every year. The easiest way to do this is to add things to the car that require no real development costs (like adding a power seat).

This frees up resources so they can develop the next TSX, TSX coupe, NSX, the rumored TSX based convertable, and the sub-NSX sportscar.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:11 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin
It was left out so they can add features over the next two years without incuring huge development costs. It costs a lot of money to come up with 'something new' to add every year. The easiest way to do this is to add things to the car that require no real development costs (like adding a power seat).

This frees up resources so they can develop the next TSX, TSX coupe, NSX, the rumored TSX based convertable, and the sub-NSX sportscar.
Oh goodie! So I can now forget about the RDX until the 4 year warranty for my TSX is up in 2007! Then the RDX will be in its second year model and it will have these goodies thrown in by then! Yippie.... alternatively, I might just wait for the next generation TSX, or even go with the new G35.....
Old 04-16-2006, 11:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ostrich
alternatively, I might just wait for the next generation TSX, or even go with the new G35.....
Don't even kid about switching to a Renault,,, Er....Nissan..... I mean Inifiniti!
Old 04-17-2006, 01:50 PM

I don't like that. Maybe they should have left off the tire pressure monitoring system and other small things and added those. No one will miss those, but everyone will notice the lack of power seat.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:57 PM
10th Gear

I don't like that. Maybe they should have left off the tire pressure monitoring system and other small things and added those. No one will miss those, but everyone will notice the lack of power seat.
I agree 100%!!

ACURA, if you are diligently doing your research and listening out there, take note!
Old 04-17-2006, 02:01 PM
Suzuka Master

TPMS is being phased in throughout everyone's product line. It is requried by the Feds
Old 04-17-2006, 02:36 PM
10th Gear

TPMS is being phased in throughout everyone's product line. It is requried by the Feds
I think NHTSA also requires all "luxury" vehicles to have power passenger seat starting in 2007.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by HBomb
I think NHTSA also requires all "luxury" vehicles to have power passenger seat starting in 2007.
I am sure there is no such requirement.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:16 PM
10th Gear

I am sure there is no such requirement.
Of course there is... haven't you seen the research on 10,000 senior citizens per year have broken their back while bending over their back to manually adjust their passenger seat...

In addition, many serious head trauma injuries were unaccounted for when the driver buddy "accidentally" slams the brake when the person bends over to reach for the manual lever...

And don't get me going about the finger jams that occur while using the side lever to adjust the back of the seat.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Racer

Talking

Of course there is... haven't you seen the research on 10,000 senior citizens per year have broken their back while bending over their back to manually adjust their passenger seat...

In addition, many serious head trauma injuries were unaccounted for when the driver buddy "accidentally" slams the brake when the person bends over to reach for the manual lever...

And don't get me going about the finger jams that occur while using the side lever to adjust the back of the seat.
ROTFLMAO, you've either got too much time on your hands or you should pursue a career as a personal injury attorney?
Old 04-17-2006, 03:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by 98AccordEx
ROTFLMAO, you've either got too much time on your hands or you should pursue a career as a personal injury attorney?
As soon as he's old enough to drive, he'll get out of the passenger seat and into the drivers seat. Then the manual seat controls won't bother him so much.

Think of the other benefits to the manual seat, you and your girl are going to get it on, and BAM, the seat is flat... no more waiting for the power seat to reach the fully reclined position!
Old 04-17-2006, 04:33 PM

As soon as he's old enough to drive, he'll get out of the passenger seat and into the drivers seat. Then the manual seat controls won't bother him so much.

Think of the other benefits to the manual seat, you and your girl are going to get it on, and BAM, the seat is flat... no more waiting for the power seat to reach the fully reclined position!

No, it the RDX you fold down the rear seats and get it on back there.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:37 PM
'12 TL (prev '04 TSX 6MT)

No, it the RDX you fold down the rear seats and get it on back there.
Have you seen the Honda Fit's "refresh" mode for the Magic Seat(R) ?

http://vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=529743
Old 04-17-2006, 04:47 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
I'm rather surprised at the fact that Handsfree Link is not standard equipment. Even the TSX and TL have this feature now in the non-navi model.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:55 PM

It seems that they're moving in the direction of having options now instead of loaded w/or w/out navi.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
I'm rather surprised at the fact that Handsfree Link is not standard equipment. Even the TSX and TL have this feature now in the non-navi model.
I should have forseen this, the MDX premium does not have Bluetooth, only Touring
Old 04-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Count Blah
Have you seen the Honda Fit's "refresh" mode for the Magic Seat(R) ?

http://vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=529743
Someone has got to photoshop that image!
Old 04-17-2006, 07:27 PM
10th Gear

Oh Colin, you take things way too seriously. I won't take too much offense in you accusing me of being some kind of a punk kid At least, there are other people who enjoy a sacrastic jab at the idiotic and out-of-touch (or simply money-hungry) Acura designers.

But seeing that you actually work for Acura (from your other posts), you have to admit that not having power passenger seat (even as an option) is unacceptable for a "luxury" car. So I implore you, if you have any power to change, tell the corporate office to put in the power passenger seat as an option.

My car is hitting the 10-year mark and I really would like to buy the RDX this year....
Old 04-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Oh Colin, you take things way too seriously. I won't take too much offense in you accusing me of being some kind of a punk kid At least, there are other people who enjoy a sacrastic jab at the idiotic and out-of-touch (or simply money-hungry) Acura designers. .
Not to worry, if I took your post seriously, I wouldn't have used smilies at the end. BUT IMO I think you're the one who is slightly (not too serious here) out of touch with the realities of manufacturing cars. (understandable cause you're not in the industry) The public demands new features each year, its the reason to go to the showrooms in September (in the old days cars only came out in Sept).

I have no real proof, but I am sure that a few of the features have been left out to be added later. The new body style will drive enough sales (assuming it's priced correctly) to sell all 35,000 of the projected build for 2007. if this proves true there is no benifit to adding more features. Save them for next year.

I know it's disappointing, but I agree with CGTSX2004. The power drivers seat without memory is more of a pain than a lack of a power passenger seat
Old 04-18-2006, 01:37 AM
10th Gear

Not to worry, if I took your post seriously, I wouldn't have used smilies at the end. BUT IMO I think you're the one who is slightly (not too serious here) out of touch with the realities of manufacturing cars. (understandable cause you're not in the industry) The public demands new features each year, its the reason to go to the showrooms in September (in the old days cars only came out in Sept).

I have no real proof, but I am sure that a few of the features have been left out to be added later. The new body style will drive enough sales (assuming it's priced correctly) to sell all 35,000 of the projected build for 2007. if this proves true there is no benifit to adding more features. Save them for next year.

I know it's disappointing, but I agree with CGTSX2004. The power drivers seat without memory is more of a pain than a lack of a power passenger seat
You are stating exactly the problem... it's not that the consumers are out of touch with the reality of manufacturing cars. It's because manufacturers are in the business to make the maximum profit, not to maximize the utility of their cars to consumers.

I majored in Economics in college. I know how pricing and bundling can be adjusted to maximize profit for the company. And maximum profit for the company usually means less utility for the consumers.

As consumers, we can only rant and complain until the company realized their crappy bundling is actually aliening customers, thus they are hurting their sales in the long run.... so I'm just doing my part as a good consumer.

Like you said, years of having manual passenger seat on the MDX hasn't hurt their sales but personally, it's now 2006. Time has changed and Acura should change their strategy so they won't fall behind Lexus and Infiniti, which don't have a single car in their fleet with manual passenger seat.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:41 AM
10th Gear

And regarding the 3 japanese luxury brands ranking, I always thought Lexus is best, followed by Acura, then Infiniti, since Infiniti always had crappy cheap plastic as their interior accent and are less reliable.

But with what's happening with both the TSX and RDX, Acura might have fallen below Infiniti in the premium brand category in terms of luxury.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:24 AM
'12 TL (prev '04 TSX 6MT)

As if this girl should be in that refresh mode?

Old 04-18-2006, 08:35 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-messa...icle_id=529743
Old 04-18-2006, 08:54 AM
Advanced

Where did you hear about the TSX convertible or is it wishfull thinking ? I want a TSX convetible. Honda/Acura does not have a 4 passenger convertible. Right now we looking at the 325I convertible.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:53 AM

You are stating exactly the problem... it's not that the consumers are out of touch with the reality of manufacturing cars. It's because manufacturers are in the business to make the maximum profit, not to maximize the utility of their cars to consumers.

I majored in Economics in college. I know how pricing and bundling can be adjusted to maximize profit for the company. And maximum profit for the company usually means less utility for the consumers.

As consumers, we can only rant and complain until the company realized their crappy bundling is actually aliening customers, thus they are hurting their sales in the long run.... so I'm just doing my part as a good consumer.

Like you said, years of having manual passenger seat on the MDX hasn't hurt their sales but personally, it's now 2006. Time has changed and Acura should change their strategy so they won't fall behind Lexus and Infiniti, which don't have a single car in their fleet with manual passenger seat.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by nguyendminh
Where did you hear about the TSX convertible or is it wishfull thinking ? I want a TSX convetible. Honda/Acura does not have a 4 passenger convertible. Right now we looking at the 325I convertible.
Product plans "Cast in Stone"

Summer 2006 = 2007 RDX
Fall 2006 = 2007 MDX

Product plans we know, but timing is uncertain

Sometime (probably no sooner than summer) 2007 = 2008 TSX
Sometime (probably 6 months later) RSX replacement or TSX coupe

Products mentioned to me with no definate release date

1) Some kind of convertable based on TSX chassis (S2000 replacement?)
2) New V-10 NSX as a fast Grand Tourer in the $100,000 range ala, Aston Martin
3) Sub-NSX sports car in the $60,000 range
Old 04-18-2006, 12:48 PM

Product plans "Cast in Stone"

Summer 2006 = 2007 RDX
Fall 2006 = 2007 MDX

Product plans we know, but timing is uncertain

Sometime (probably no sooner than summer) 2007 = 2008 TSX
Sometime (probably 6 months later) RSX replacement or TSX coupe

Products mentioned to me with no definate release date

1) Some kind of convertable based on TSX chassis (S2000 replacement?)
2) New V-10 NSX as a fast Grand Tourer in the $100,000 range ala, Aston Martin
3) Sub-NSX sports car in the $60,000 range
Woohoo@ Let the games begin!!!
Old 04-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Racer

Hey Colin, the Accord will be redesigned for 2008 (appearing fall 2007), when can we expect the TL to get a refresh (not that it needs one IMHO)?
Old 04-18-2006, 01:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Ooops. forgot to include the TL. It will be all new one year after the Accord (like it ALWAYS is) in 2009.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:34 PM
Instructor

Will any of those upcoming sedans have some version of all wheel drive?
Old 04-18-2006, 02:48 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
From rumors that have been floating around, all of the upcoming sedans, and possibly several of the coupes, will have either standard or optional AWD.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Racer

Old 04-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
From rumors that have been floating around, all of the upcoming sedans, and possibly several of the coupes, will have either standard or optional AWD.
Yes, I believe they want to keep something FWD for cost and weight saving reasons. Afterall, they still perceive the need for some form of "entry level" car. I remember back in 2001 after the Integras went away and before TSX came out, the least expensive sedan in the lineup was the TL. Nobody liked that!

Quick Reply: Rdx Tech Package. See What's Not Standard...