Are the RDX Stock Wheels Repairable If Scratched?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Diggin' the RDX!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Are the RDX Stock Wheels Repairable If Scratched?

The good news is I got a great deal on my new set of Bridgestone Alenzas at Costco last week. The bad news is the idiot installer scratched all four of my stock 18" 2007 wheels. WTF??? I've had two other sets of new tires on other vehicles put on at Costco and never a problem.

I of course had them fill out a report after I inspected their install (can't believe they didn't voluntarily tell me: another wtf?) and today the Costco national office called and asked if I'd be willing to get them repaired. I told them I would if they were repairable.

Something that worried me, though: I said, "What if in 3 years the scratches show up again? What then? Are you willing to buy me a new set of wheels?" The answer I got was less than satisfactory. The gal said, "Well, that's never happened before." So I pressed her and she said if that happened, they would take it up with the repair service. This did not instill me with confidence. The repair service is local here and that is basically the name of the business: Alloy Wheel Repair Service or something like that. I think this is their site: http://www.awrswheelrepair.com/

Should I demand a brand new set or does anyone know if our scratched stockers are truly repairable? Help me out here, I need to make a smart decision but I don't want to screw Costco over, either. Sh*t happens. Pic below, sorry it's a little blurry, taken with iPhone:

Last edited by Pacer; 01-19-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had my 08' stock front passenger side rim repaired at my local acura dealer a year ago & so far so good~
i lent the car to in-laws and guess what, it came back with a curbed wheel. damage was much worse than yours and repair came out flawless. i would think it was a permanent repair since i detail car once a month and no signs of the scratch/damage reappearing on that particular wheel.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:42 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
I say get them repaired, in three years if the scratches come back you would not care anyways...only one wheel right?
Old 01-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Diggin' the RDX!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
>The bad news is the idiot installer scratched all four of my stock 18" 2007 wheels.

Thanks for the replies. Anybody got anything else to say pro or con I'm all ears.

Bummer on the in-law damage...I can see that happening! My first set of in-laws were hell on wheels, literally. They'd pull into [and poorly at that, it was a big garage!] our garage and WHAM WHAM here are some new door dings for our daughter's / your wife's brand new TL! Sweet!
Old 01-20-2010, 05:56 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
a friend had a similar situation at town fair tire (New England), they messed up all his rims, it was the machine installing the rubber. They sent the rims for repair and when they came back you were not able to tell the difference. Realize that in three-four years you would not car much about little scratches here and there and that the new paints specifically for rims are great.