Rdx Killer

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Trailingthrottleoversteer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by porsherules911
Haha who are u talking about? I will have to respectfully disagree with your point on the Rdx selling poorly. Once again Acura's aim was for the young urban dwellers so this is a very narrow and specific group of buyers they are aiming for. Its not like a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry where anyone and everyone could be looking to buy one.

As for semi poor riding car and lousy gas mileage, I've already stated this i dont know how many times but again if you believe these two statements are true, then this car is NOT for you. Semi poor riding car? I guess the stiff suspension was too much but for the performance enthusiasts, that isn't even an issue. I for one love how stiff it is and love the handling. And gas mileage i dont even want to get started again on this topic. For a 4 cylinder turbocharged engine hauling almost 4000 lbs with a full-time awd system AND looking at the other competitors in its class, the Rdx is right near the top.
Thanks for clearing that up ! You are much wise past your 20 years and 2 months of forum membership Grasshopper.

Think about this. They are already knocking 10% off MSRP on the RDX - people here even blab proudly about how they got the dealer to below invoice. You are a fool if you dont think that will have a long term affect on the car's value - both perceived and monetary. There is a reason - the market is speaking. Not a lot of people want this car - respect the OP's opinion and keep an open mind. You guys build the car up to iconic status sometimes, and I dont think it deserves it. It's a gussied up CR-V - a nice one, but still mostly a gussied up CR-V.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:42 PM
07 RDX w/Tech

Whatever...

I'm very happy with my purchase...I did my research, drove other vehicles and the RDX was exactly what I wanted. I got a good deal on it and I plan to drive this thing into the ground.

It's a first year vehicle - next year they will likely make some changes to make it (hopefully) more fuel efficient and add a few features that SHOULD be included in a vehicle in this class (auto headlights, driver seat memory, etc...). That said, I don't think this time around they were marketing this vehicle to the same folks who were buying the RAV4 and I'm glad - because if Acura would have made the RDX to match the fit and finish, similar technology and handling as the RAV4 then I wouldn't have purchased either one of them.

I know a lot of folks on here are happy with this vehicle. Similarly, there are RAV, X3, Santa Fe, and countless other vehicle owners happy as well.

There.

Done.

Next topic.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by kenjr
Whatever...

I'm very happy with my purchase...I did my research, drove other vehicles and the RDX was exactly what I wanted. I got a good deal on it and I plan to drive this thing into the ground.

It's a first year vehicle - next year they will likely make some changes to make it (hopefully) more fuel efficient and add a few features that SHOULD be included in a vehicle in this class (auto headlights, driver seat memory, etc...). That said, I don't think this time around they were marketing this vehicle to the same folks who were buying the RAV4 and I'm glad - because if Acura would have made the RDX to match the fit and finish, similar technology and handling as the RAV4 then I wouldn't have purchased either one of them.

I know a lot of folks on here are happy with this vehicle. Similarly, there are RAV, X3, Santa Fe, and countless other vehicle owners happy as well.

There.

Done.

Next topic.
10-4 Done Deal Case CLOSED
Old 05-09-2007, 11:26 AM
07 RDX - Royal Blue/Ebony

I do agree that there is a lot of Honda/Acura inbreeding on this forum and people would do well to expand their horizons. With an open mind, I did consider the Rav-4 along with the CR-V, as well as my old standby Subaru products when shopping around. I did not like the swinging rear gate of the Rav-4, or the rear mounted spare tire. Two big things that would have annoyed me on a daily basis. I thought the Rav-4 drivetrain was fine; nothing amazing, but fine (can say the same about most of the other vehicles including the RDX). The Rav-4 AWD system has plusses and minuses like any other. Rav-4 handling was average, and nothing to write home about. I did not like the Rav-4 interior at all; it had a generic appliance feel that did not appeal to me, and was a step below the interior of my last car.

In the end, I realized I was looking for certain content and luxury features that were just not available on the Rav-4, CR-V, and others, and the RDX became the focus for me. For the price, it had the best combination of what I wanted, and the interior design/quality was leagues above the other guys. The excellent handling further set it apart.

So, I have no problem including the Rav-4 on the same shopping list as the RDX, but they are markedly different vehicles aiming at different customers, as I discovered. I wouldn't criticize anyone for choosing one over the other, but it's definitely difficult to compare them head-on once you really get down to the details.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Kaiserseal
I felt pretty bad with my RL under performing a lot of cars costing 20K less.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:03 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Fishbulb
The Rav4 V6 is a nice truck. I was very close to picking it up before I bought the RDX.

I just couldn't get past the spare hanging off the back, particularly on the sport model I was looking at. When you put a sport suspension and low profile tires on a crossover, you pretty much kill all off-road pretensions. The spare just didn't fit visually, for me.

Also, wasn't wild about the interior, and the Xenons and SH-AWD on the RDX won out.

But congratulations and enjoy - the Rav4 engine is a fine effort by Toyota. Having driving both, I diagree completely with Sasair - its not like very many people track these things, but I would be suprised if the Rav4 V6 sport version with its stiff suspension would be outperformed by the RDX in virtually any sort of road course. It was awfully fun to drive.

But overall, I think the RDX is more livable, and worth the extra dollar or two.

so you bash the rav-4 for not having off-road pretensions yet you got an rdx which has even less off-road pretensions
Old 05-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Infamous425
so you bash the rav-4 for not having off-road pretensions yet you got an rdx which has even less off-road pretensions
+1
Old 05-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Infamous425
I don't know what you're reading, but off-road ability isn't anywhere near my wish list.

My point is that I thought the rear-mounted spare, which is generally a characteristic of "off road" use was out of place on the Rav4 sport, with its low profile tires and tight on-road suspension. It just looks out of place on that vehicle.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Fishbulb
I don't know what you're reading, but off-road ability isn't anywhere near my wish list.

My point is that I thought the rear-mounted spare, which is generally a characteristic of "off road" use was out of place on the Rav4 sport, with its low profile tires and tight on-road suspension. It just looks out of place on that vehicle.
+1 Hell yeah I wont be doing any off roading unless its running away from cops
Old 05-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Diggin' the RDX!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Kaiser, I say if you like the Rav, and it works for your needs -- more power to ya'! It is a nice vehicle, and it has some cool features. How Toyo does it for that price, I think, is mentioned above in its handling and finishes. Still, even without the nicer touches on the RDX, for what, six grand less, I can see how it would make a great fit for a LOT of folks.

While I was impressed with the 6's acceleration, I didn't shop the Rav as I don't care for the spare and also find Toyo's interiors of late a bit lacking for my personal tastes. But again, they've put together a nice package for the price. I'm interested to see what they'll do with the next Highlander.

My RDX now has close to 4k miles and every time I drive it, I enjoy it. Yeah, the suspension is stiff -- on purpose -- and if one doesn''t figure that out the first five minutes of a test drive, that is some tough luck and my sympathies are extended. A mini-van / sedan luxo cruiser it's not. OTOH, I love flying around corners with confidence and passing on the freeway with a quick paddle flick. It's just fun. If that's "Hey, Kool-Aid!" then I'm guilty as charged. This car just fits the profile of what I wanted...roomy enough for a weekend getaway, yet with refinement and sporty power.

Power does not equal high mpg in this case. That's the other area where the Rav shines; but I'll take the goodies 'til the next engine iteration comes along and lets us have our cake and eat it, too. Enjoy your Rav, it is certainly a nice choice, and I hope it brings you years of great service.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:00 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by mav238
Dear Sir Lawyer:

I can understand your pragmatic approach to comapring the RAV4 and the RDX... i actually was choosing between the BMW X3, Lexus RX330, RDX, and then looked at the CRV and RAV4... The RAV4 build quality and overall looks really can't stand up against the X3, RX330, and even the CRV.

Yes, it is more powerful with the V6, and has better fuel economy (not by much though)... but realize why the difference in the fuel economy... RDX has FULL TIME AWD, RAV4 only REAL-TIME...
They are really different vehicles in their own respect... RDX more performance and luxury (whether you like to believe it or not, it's your own opinion) oriented, while the RAV4 is more utalitarian...

I believe you have the MDX?? Why the MDX?... get the Toyota Highlander Hybrid, gets way better gas mileage, has equal storage space, and with the new V6 coupled with the hybrid, has pretty good towing capacity...
Hmmm... calculating the gas consumption difference between the hybrid and MDX, something like $1000 a year, plus the difference in buying price... depreciation value... over 5 years... $26,000 NOT A DOLLAR OR TWO IS IT? Pardon me if my calculation was a little haste and incorrect...

Look... you bought the MDX for a reason... us RDX owners here bought the RDX for a reason as well... I checked out the RAV4 and knew very well the difference in gas consumption and difference in MSRP price... but I went with the RDX, because it just drives much better and gives more personal satisfaction...

Heck... if you are so concerned with wasting money on cars like the Acura because they are over priced for "trying" to be "luxury" oriented... then go for the KIA... they are priced really well...fully equipped, well built cars and have a great warranty...

Old 05-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Advanced

Thought this would be kind of interesting to those of you without the NAVI. Picked up yesterday a Pioneer avic D3. Took about 3 hours to install. Best Buy has them on sale this week for 999 (retail price) but free installation. It gives you 7" DVD navigation, XM, Bluetooth, Full Ipod control, and plays DVDs with Codecs for DIVX, MP3, WMA and just about all else. I have not tried the new NAVI for Acura, but compared to my RL and our older MDX, this unit is pretty impressive. If you have never burnt DIVX, it is pretty cool, you can get about 6 full length movies on 1 DVD. I had purchased some headrests for my RL with 11" screens, which I stuck into the RAV for the kids. I think this unit goes a long way for cheap (my reputation in tact). 79 more bucks buys you a four year warranty.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:34 PM
2007 RDX CGP/Taupe

I had purchased some headrests for my RL with 11" screens
Where did you buy the headrests with the screens and how much did you pay? I found a couple of web sites a few weeks ago and was looking for price comparison.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:16 PM
10th Gear

My $.02 worth...

I have owned Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Mazda, Chevrolet and now Acura.

While I have no experience with Toyota, I selected Acura because of the service that Acura provides to it's customers. My husband has owned Acuras since 1998, and there is no comparison as to the service/treatment he received with what I was receiving from the dealers of the cars mentioned above. Maybe it's just our Acura Dealership, but I was not going to consider any other vehicles.

I LOVE MY RDX and I am sure that the Rav4 is great, but for me it was Acura all the way!
Old 05-11-2007, 12:38 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by smdebnam
My $.02 worth...

I have owned Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Mazda, Chevrolet and now Acura.

While I have no experience with Toyota, I selected Acura because of the service that Acura provides to it's customers. My husband has owned Acuras since 1998, and there is no comparison as to the service/treatment he received with what I was receiving from the dealers of the cars mentioned above. Maybe it's just our Acura Dealership, but I was not going to consider any other vehicles.

I LOVE MY RDX and I am sure that the Rav4 is great, but for me it was Acura all the way!
+1

The service I get from my dealer just blows me away every time i visit.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:42 AM
Cruisin'

I test drove the RAV4, it was very disappointing.

Some of the misses included:
- Poor seats compared to RDX (especially in back support and side bolstering)
- Ride is bouncy compared to RDX
- Technology is not as advanced as RDX (SH-AWD, better sound system, Xenon Headlights)
- Exterior styling is dull and interior uses lower grade materials than Acura
- Handling is just OK, nowhere near as good as sporty RDX

Also the Toyota dealer was not willing to offer 3.9% for 60 months like Acura, and they were not selling the RAV4 at invoice price like Acura is with the RDX. So pricewise there was very little difference when all calculations were made. In addition Acura has a longer warranty 4yr/50K and 6yr/70k powertrain. Furthermore I've owned Acura car once before for almost 10 years and I enjoyed owning it.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:47 PM
10th Gear

Thought this would be kind of interesting to those of you without the NAVI. Picked up yesterday a Pioneer avic D3. Took about 3 hours to install. Best Buy has them on sale this week for 999 (retail price) but free installation. It gives you 7" DVD navigation, XM, Bluetooth, Full Ipod control, and plays DVDs with Codecs for DIVX, MP3, WMA and just about all else. I have not tried the new NAVI for Acura, but compared to my RL and our older MDX, this unit is pretty impressive. If you have never burnt DIVX, it is pretty cool, you can get about 6 full length movies on 1 DVD. I had purchased some headrests for my RL with 11" screens, which I stuck into the RAV for the kids. I think this unit goes a long way for cheap (my reputation in tact). 79 more bucks buys you a four year warranty.
ok. first of all what car did you put that navi into. how are you supposed to put that into a base RDX????
Old 05-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Photographer

would you mind posting pictures?
Old 05-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
I've been following him from one web site to another ASKING WHEN WE WILL SEE THIS rAV?
Old 05-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Fabvsix
I've been following him from one web site to another ASKING WHEN WE WILL SEE THIS rAV?
Yeah this guy is obviously just trolling for responses...I don't know why we bothered to waste our time responding. The title of the thread alone is a joke.

Now he's telling some story about how he put in a $1000 after market audio DVD system in it. Ok great good for you, what was wrong with the one that came with it? Next he should tell us a story how he had some after market Recaro seats put into it to make it as comfortable to sit in as an RDX. How about how he had after market new headlights put in or a better after market suspension.

Where is the SH-AWD on your RAV4? How's the RAV4 handle? What about the better weight distribution (RDX has 52/48, Rav4 has Weight distribution, F/R: 57.4/42.6%). If RAV4 is so great why is the interior so much nicer on the RDX? How will you upgrade your RAV4 interior to be as nice? Why does the RAV4 have an inferior warranty...but most of all why post to this forum when you own a RAV4 not an RDX?
Old 05-13-2007, 01:22 AM
10th Gear

hahahahahhahha this guy is such a retard. i seriously think he is a dumbass. This guy is just jealous of the rdx. ahahahhahahahhah go play with your little rav4, you and that car can suck my balls
Old 05-13-2007, 01:44 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts
First, before I start know that I love Acura’s. I have owned an Integra, my wife drive's an MDX, and until last week I drove an RL. My RL, with a lousy 16MPG had to go in favor of something a bit more efficient. I previously had an RDX for a week while my RL was in for service, and really felt the loss of size from our MDX. A friend took me out in his RAV4, and a day later I bought one.

The RAV4 with 270 HP is faster than a RL, TL, and much faster than an RDX. I have been averaging 25 MPG on my commute, hitting 30MPG on a long trip with regular fuel. In the twistys it is not as sharp as the RDX, but damn close. Additionally it is bigger, I opted for the one with a third row. I have driven nothing but Honda products for about ten years and never thought I would jump ship. I am not writing this to set off RDX owners, I want to know how is it that Toyota can get this much horsepower, seat 7, and still return economy gas mileage on 87 OCTANE GAS??? My RAV4 even blows away the micro CIVIC SI in speed and MPG. Even the Civic SI needs premium gas. The final kick in the butt, the RAV4 is made in Japan and costs 25K. How does Toyota do it?
wow, pretty surprised that the RL got 16mpg average, cause the rating is 18/26, and most people in the acura forum is average higher than 20mpg (range of 18-24mpg).

Anyways, congratulations on your new car! seems like you are really enjoying your new car there! I guess no one here really answered why the Rav4 gets better mileage and makes more power at the same time here. Well, there are several reasons behind that. Like others have said already, the AWD system in the Rav4 is not really permanent, unlike the RDX, that would definitely have an impact in mpg. Then the engines, the rav4's engine is the brand new GR series. It has all kinds of technologies such as dual vvt-i, direct injection, and dohc. For instance, i believe the rdx doesnt have vtec in the exhaust side and no direct injection too. On average, direct injection increases power and mpg by about 10 - 15%. Then the weight, the rav4 is a couple of pounds lighter than the rdx. Those factors altogether would definitely make the rav4 more fuel efficient and powerful.

I guess it's just like, whether to buy a fully loaded camry, or a TL. The new camry has more hp then a base TL, but also cheaper too. But there are reasons why people prefer paying the extra $ for the TL instead. And people here already talked about that, so. I will stop here.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:47 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Let's not forget Toyota Motor Corp.'s (including Lexus) hesitation issues with their 5 & 6 speed V-6 engines. I dumped a 2005 Highlander V-6 Limited because of this dangerous problem. Granted, not all of the V-6's are inflicted, but I sure wouldn't take the risk of getting one. Especially, since Toyota Motor Corp. will tell you this is normal AND the TSB does NOT take care of it 100% NOR is it a permanent fix.

No, no thanks to any current V-6 Toyota/Lexus engine. Those are strong words from someone who WAS a loyal customer for over 20 years. I'll take my RDX any day of the week and twice on Sundays!!!
Old 05-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Racer

I absolutely love where Toyota has gone with the Rav-4, however you should tell my buddy that he's 'supposed' to beat faster than a TL. It's only close down low. ('05 Auto/Aspec)
Old 05-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Racer

True enough. With two kids a seven passanger rocket with a face only a mother could love is my choice. If my wife ever dumps me (the thought has crossed her mind) the RDX would be my choice. The RAV4 impresses the driver, the RDX impresses everyone else.
Rocket? A high 14-low 15 second car is not a rocket.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Racer

Kind of sad. My membership here has been on the RL board, pretty good open discussions. Thanks to the few of you with some insight. Thought it was a pretty good thread, but the insecurity here is too thick. I felt pretty bad with my RL under performing a lot of cars costing 20K less. I understand why a few of you cast insults, when someone brings a like situation to your attention. Perhaps the target hit by Acura with this ride is more immature than young. If you want your board to be limited to closed minds, and closed eyes, so be it. For your curiosity, I did not pose these questions on Lexus or Infiniti boards simply because the RAV is outclassed by those makes. There is a reason Motor Trend compares your ride to affordable SUVs. The RDX is a great looking, well appointed ride. As long as you stay in the right lane, nobody has to get hurt. Be well all…
RL to Rav4? I pity you. What kind of law do you practice.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:46 AM
Cruisin'

How do you get 16 MPG in an RL? Screw up the engine?...forget to put air in the tires?...I picture this guy speeding from stop light to stop light in his RAV4 convinced he is proving something to the world.

RDX is tested doing 0-60 in 6.3 seconds and bests or equals the lighter RAV4 in every other major performance benchmark (skidpad, slalom, braking). It really owns the RAV4 in the slalom times.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:13 AM
Advanced

Wow, been away for a few days, enough time to collect some hate mail. I tried to pick out the questions from those of you over 14, here goes.

Had some time to play with the pioneer Avic d3. If you want to see some pics of the unit check out avic411.com. My Rav looks like the other 8 million on the road, I don't need to post pics, just look outside. I don't remember the set up in the RDX, but you need a double din to install. Very nice unit for an aftermarket. The GPS has an animated mode which allows you to watch yourself driving down the street, split screen to a map. It even changes the skyline for the time of day. Great purchase for the price. I picked up the 11" screens on ebay, here is a link to my auction, the guy is selling them all the time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...8841&rd=1&rd=1

I used esnipe to get them at this price, took about three trys. I did not really think about how big 11" screens are, on second thought should have gone a bit smaller, but hey, it will make the kids happy.

My RL was driven 80mph to work, stop and go the way home. Some weeks I got 15mpg, very few hitting 18. From reading the posts in the forum, seemed around right. No idea where 225hp drinks that amount of fuel. As far as dealer service, the cars don't break enough for a good opinion. Had an issue with rust on my 04 trim, and dealer would not repair it. Thought that was kind of crapy for a premium brand. No experience with Toyota service.

Toyota is giving all kind of insentives on some of the line but not the RAV4. May be a good seller. At only 25K, I did not have to finance it.

MPG in the RAV4 over two weeks has been about 23MPG mixed driving. I have to admit I am stomping on it quite a bit. After a couple of years in my RL, it is fun to have a truck with some go. I read in the forums that MPG improves after the break in. Hope that is true.
So far, no regrets, this truck is just fun to drive. Time to check out other boards..Drive safe..
Old 05-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Racer

Wow, been away for a few days, enough time to collect some hate mail. I tried to pick out the questions from those of you over 14, here goes.

Had some time to play with the pioneer Avic d3. If you want to see some pics of the unit check out avic411.com. My Rav looks like the other 8 million on the road, I don't need to post pics, just look outside. I don't remember the set up in the RDX, but you need a double din to install. Very nice unit for an aftermarket. The GPS has an animated mode which allows you to watch yourself driving down the street, split screen to a map. It even changes the skyline for the time of day. Great purchase for the price. I picked up the 11" screens on ebay, here is a link to my auction, the guy is selling them all the time.

I used esnipe to get them at this price, took about three trys. I did not really think about how big 11" screens are, on second thought should have gone a bit smaller, but hey, it will make the kids happy.

My RL was driven 80mph to work, stop and go the way home. Some weeks I got 15mpg, very few hitting 18. From reading the posts in the forum, seemed around right. No idea where 225hp drinks that amount of fuel. As far as dealer service, the cars don't break enough for a good opinion. Had an issue with rust on my 04 trim, and dealer would not repair it. Thought that was kind of crapy for a premium brand. No experience with Toyota service.

Toyota is giving all kind of insentives on some of the line but not the RAV4. May be a good seller. At only 25K, I did not have to finance it.

MPG in the RAV4 over two weeks has been about 23MPG mixed driving. I have to admit I am stomping on it quite a bit. After a couple of years in my RL, it is fun to have a truck with some go. I read in the forums that MPG improves after the break in. Hope that is true.
So far, no regrets, this truck is just fun to drive. Time to check out other boards..Drive safe..
It starts to make more sense. I thought it was the latest gen RL, you had an older one.

Still ignoring questions, what kind of law?
Old 05-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Racer

RAV4 killer

Here are a couple of interesting articles on how the CRV is trouncing the RAV4 in sales this year: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aWACCKbfFnbk
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aKLzG7e0TH5s
Old 05-14-2007, 09:35 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts

ah, there, you were driving the old and crappy RL. I understand what you mean, 225hp and gets 16mpg, my 02 tl-s has 260hp and gets 25mpg from mixed driving. Not to mention it can do 0-60mph in 6.2s. I have no idea what acura was doing when they came up with the last gen RL, but for sure, you didn't buy a good acura car. But then, just like any other brand, there is always an inferior car in each brand.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:20 PM
Mic up, Cue, Dissolve 1..

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First, before I start know that I love Acura’s. I have owned an Integra, my wife drive's an MDX, and until last week I drove an RL. My RL, with a lousy 16MPG had to go in favor of something a bit more efficient. I previously had an RDX for a week while my RL was in for service, and really felt the loss of size from our MDX. A friend took me out in his RAV4, and a day later I bought one.

The RAV4 with 270 HP is faster than a RL, TL, and much faster than an RDX. I have been averaging 25 MPG on my commute, hitting 30MPG on a long trip with regular fuel. In the twistys it is not as sharp as the RDX, but damn close. Additionally it is bigger, I opted for the one with a third row. I have driven nothing but Honda products for about ten years and never thought I would jump ship. I am not writing this to set off RDX owners, I want to know how is it that Toyota can get this much horsepower, seat 7, and still return economy gas mileage on 87 OCTANE GAS??? My RAV4 even blows away the micro CIVIC SI in speed and MPG. Even the Civic SI needs premium gas. The final kick in the butt, the RAV4 is made in Japan and costs 25K. How does Toyota do it?
You are still driving a toyota not an Acura. Have fun. It does not compare to the quality materials Acura uses and not even close in styling. Bad choice in my opinion.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Intermediate

not sure what is the purpose of this thread. everyone buys a car for different reason, why compare or dis on others. if you like your car or your nav, good for you.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:05 AM
Trailingthrottleoversteer

Originally Posted by swayteepee
hahahahahhahha this guy is such a retard. i seriously think he is a dumbass. This guy is just jealous of the rdx. ahahahhahahahhah go play with your little rav4, you and that car can suck my balls
I'm gonna add this to the reasons whyI want to get rid of the RDX. I dont want to be associated with this type of person.
C'mon guys. It's a friggin Acura. You hold the car up like it's some sort of icon. It's still far short from a BMW or Benz. I'm telling you - the emperor has no clothes. You can convince yourself all you want, but when all the doo dads wear off but I stand by my previous comments that the RDX it's not much more than a gussied up CR-V.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:16 AM
Acuras since 1988

Some of us wouldn't want to be seen in a Mercedes or BMW. Its the snob thing for me. Plus Acura has excellent service. I've heard horror stories about the repair prices for BMW. I'm extremely happy with my RDX, these schmucks can say all they want. If you want an CRV or RAV4, go buy one and leave us alone
Old 05-15-2007, 09:20 AM
Advanced

2006 Toyota RAV4: Making My Devil and Angel Happy

Of the seven SUVs in our long-term fleet (nine if you count the R500 and Compass), the RAV4 is clearly the one I'd want the keys to every night. It has the Goldilocks "just right" size, reasonably communicative steering and despite the RAV's historical mom image, I think it looks sleekly muscular. Best of all, the RAV's V6 offers one of the best power to fuel-economy trade-offs out there. It's the type of engine that appeases both the Devil and Angel perched upon my shoulder, whispering into my ear to keep me centered between power-hungry car guy and mpg-hungry green guy.

It's easy enough when puttering along in the city to forget that there's 269 horses stabled under the hood -- at least until it comes time to pass a dawdling minivan. Throughout the weekend, the RAV's abundant power kept surprising me every time it downshifted and pinned me to my seat. After filling up this morning, I took out our fuel log to see if the RAV's gas mileage claims were accurate. Since January 17, we have averaged 22.586 mpg, which is dead on with the EPA's new 2008 combined fuel economy estimates for the 3.5-liter V6. If I assume this means the new EPA testing is now accurate, that is only one mpg worse than my mother's new Honda CR-V that has 103 fewer horses. It's also about 3 mpg's better than what we've achieved (19.79 mpg) in our long-term Mitsubishi Outlander that has 49 fewer horses. Hybrids and alternative fuels may be the future, but the RAV4's power to fuel economy trade off is the type of mass-market efficiency that can make a difference NOW -- to both my devil and angel.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/roadtests/1020
Old 05-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Race Director

nice, only bad things are you can't get again the navi and HIDs in a Rav 4, but you can in an RDX.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by F.Rizzo
I'm gonna add this to the reasons whyI want to get rid of the RDX. I dont want to be associated with this type of person.
C'mon guys. It's a friggin Acura. You hold the car up like it's some sort of icon. It's still far short from a BMW or Benz. I'm telling you - the emperor has no clothes. You can convince yourself all you want, but when all the doo dads wear off but I stand by my previous comments that the RDX it's not much more than a gussied up CR-V.

True... so true...

Peel the "skin" off the RX330, and it is nothing more than a gussied (using your term) up highlander; nicely dressed in Armani suit...

Heck, we all know that wwhen we bought cars like the RDX, MDX, RX330, IS350, infiniti... underlying them is their parent company... Honda, Toyota, Nissan... look at the parts... it is stamped, Honda, Toyota, Nissan...

It is definitely not like buying a BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, LandRover, Ferrari...

We all know that...

But we bought cars like the RDX anyway... why, because I personally felt that it fitted what I was looking for in a vehicle at the time of purchase... Why didn't I get the RAV4, even when the gas consumption is better and the price is a bit lower? Because i personally can't stand the boring interior and the exterior looks with the stupid looking spare wheel hanging at the rear... Again, that was my personal choice...

There is really nothing to debate enthusiastically over... Who cares what that stupid lawyer who calls himself a Kaiser, says? He's probably bored with family life, and has nothing better to do, but start a thread, looking for flames, and then replies with words indicating we are behaving like juveniles...

Let's just carry on with this wonderful forum, debating over, not about why we bought the RDX, but rather, things that are relevant to owning the RDX...
Old 05-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Burning Brakes

Of the seven SUVs in our long-term fleet (nine if you count the R500 and Compass), the RAV4 is clearly the one I'd want the keys to every night. It has the Goldilocks "just right" size, reasonably communicative steering and despite the RAV's historical mom image, I think it looks sleekly muscular. Best of all, the RAV's V6 offers one of the best power to fuel-economy trade-offs out there. It's the type of engine that appeases both the Devil and Angel perched upon my shoulder, whispering into my ear to keep me centered between power-hungry car guy and mpg-hungry green guy.

It's easy enough when puttering along in the city to forget that there's 269 horses stabled under the hood -- at least until it comes time to pass a dawdling minivan. Throughout the weekend, the RAV's abundant power kept surprising me every time it downshifted and pinned me to my seat. After filling up this morning, I took out our fuel log to see if the RAV's gas mileage claims were accurate. Since January 17, we have averaged 22.586 mpg, which is dead on with the EPA's new 2008 combined fuel economy estimates for the 3.5-liter V6. If I assume this means the new EPA testing is now accurate, that is only one mpg worse than my mother's new Honda CR-V that has 103 fewer horses. It's also about 3 mpg's better than what we've achieved (19.79 mpg) in our long-term Mitsubishi Outlander that has 49 fewer horses. Hybrids and alternative fuels may be the future, but the RAV4's power to fuel economy trade off is the type of mass-market efficiency that can make a difference NOW -- to both my devil and angel.

hmmm... I thought you said we were like juveniles here... immature and all that...

and that you are moving on to other threads that are more mature and open-minded??? so why are you still here???

Hmmm... life is that boring eh??? to waste time with us "immature" folks here...

Get a life... go back to your work and you can debate all you want in your lawyer work...
Old 05-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Intermediate

irrelevant, as he did not drive nor mention the RDX. Why keep trolling?

Quick Reply: Rdx Killer