RDX and the competition

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Pimp Daddy Gold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation RDX and the competition

In addition to the RDX, there are a number of vehicles coming out in the compact sport/luxury SUV segement to compete directly with the BMW X3(Infiniti CX, Lexus). Saw the RDX at the NY auto show and was really dissapointed. Bland looks, doesn't stand out in the crowd, IMHO.

I'm eagerly awaiting info on the upcoming CX25/35 from Infiniti, a smaller version of the FX. I think it will be hot. Very little info is currently available, but it's rumored to have the 3.5 v6 that's currently being used in the G/M/FX lines. We have an 06' FX35 and it really hauls ass, considering the weight of about 4,400 lbs and handles amazingly.

IMHO the CX will be much better than the RDX. Should be coming out sometime in 07' as an 08' model.

Thoughts, comments, opinions?

New Infiniti CX Forum
Another CX Forum
Old 04-29-2006, 02:01 PM
Burning Brakes

how do you know it will be "much better" than the rdx? we know absolutely NOTHING about it. you are basing all of your opinions on the IDEA of it. you "think" it will be hot. how do you come to that conclusion?
Old 04-29-2006, 04:16 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1coolcat
In addition to the RDX, there are a number of vehicles coming out in the compact sport/luxury SUV segement to compete directly with the BMW X3(Infiniti CX, Lexus). Saw the RDX at the NY auto show and was really dissapointed. Bland looks, doesn't stand out in the crowd, IMHO.

I'm eagerly awaiting info on the upcoming CX25/35 from Infiniti, a smaller version of the FX. I think it will be hot. Very little info is currently available, but it's rumored to have the 3.5 v6 that's currently being used in the G/M/FX lines. We have an 06' FX35 and it really hauls ass, considering the weight of about 4,400 lbs and handles amazingly.

IMHO the CX will be much better than the RDX. Should be coming out sometime in 07' as an 08' model.

Thoughts, comments, opinions?

New Infiniti CX Forum
Another CX Forum
Why are all of these Infiniti pumpers showing up on this forum? Reminds me of a lot of stock boards where paid pumpers post to pump and dump stock of trash companies.
Old 04-29-2006, 05:52 PM
Pimp Daddy Gold

Originally Posted by iNteGraz92
how do you know it will be "much better" than the rdx? we know absolutely NOTHING about it. you are basing all of your opinions on the IDEA of it. you "think" it will be hot. how do you come to that conclusion?
You're right, my opinion is based solely on what's been published so far, which may or may not be just rumors. That's what forums are for, to express one's opinion.

And I don't know about you, but I'd rather take a 3.5L V6 over a 4-turbo any day. Again, JUST MY OPINION. As for looks, if the CX will even slightly resemble the FX, that's a plus in my book. Again, JUST MY OPINION(do you think I said enough times?). And by the way, I don't see what's so funny.
Old 04-29-2006, 05:59 PM
Pimp Daddy Gold

Originally Posted by simplesimon
Why are all of these Infiniti pumpers showing up on this forum? Reminds me of a lot of stock boards where paid pumpers post to pump and dump stock of trash companies.
Why do you have a problem with that, I'm just expressing my opinion. And you don't even know me, maybe I am still interested in the RDX, just less after seeing it live in front of me. You consider me a pumper just because I'm weighing my options in a choice of vehicle? Get a life, I shouldn't even be taking my time to reply to this s**t. Do you think your post was in any way constructive or informative? Just don't post if you have nothing to say.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
I don't understand why you even bothered to post here. You obviously have no intentions of purchasing the RDX so why come here to post about a vehicle you don't really care that much about?
Old 04-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1coolcat
Why do you have a problem with that, I'm just expressing my opinion. And you don't even know me, maybe I am still interested in the RDX, just less after seeing it live in front of me. You consider me a pumper just because I'm weighing my options in a choice of vehicle? Get a life, I shouldn't even be taking my time to reply to this s**t. Do you think your post was in any way constructive or informative? Just don't post if you have nothing to say.
Wow, you sure put me in my place. "Get a Life", I never thought of that before. Even a little profanity. What can I say?

Maybe your'e still interested in the RDX you say. In a previous post you said the Infiniti CX will be much better than the RDX, and you were dissapointed in the RDX as it was bland, and didn't stand out in the crowd. That would be a clue that you aren't that into the RDX. You have every right to feel this way about the RDX, but I'm just puzzled as to why you would bother posting the virtues of the Infiniti, or any other vehicle on an RDX forum. I can assure you that the minute I no longer am interested in buying an RDX and have found a car I like better, I will no longer have an interest in visiting this, or any other RDX forum. But that's just me.

Nothing wrong with liking the Infiniti, as I'm sure it's a good vehicle.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Nothing wrong with liking the Infiniti, as I'm sure it's a good vehicle.
Yeah, but that French ownership thing kinda bugs me....
Old 04-30-2006, 10:03 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,005 Likes on 534 Posts
Some of these "pumpers" are just jerks who enjoy raising the ire of others (the same people who wear Yankee jerseys in Fenway even though they are really Dodger fans). Some other of these pumpers are bored Infiniti salesmen who need something to do during their slow days and bashing the competition fills thier time. Either case is pitiful and loathsome.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:26 PM
Pimp Daddy Gold

As they say, 'can't we all just get along?'...I will reserve judgement until the specs of both vehicles are official and both are available at dealers.

Now I understand why there are more lurkers on forums than posters.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,005 Likes on 534 Posts
I apologize if my previous post was a little harsh, but the RL forum was hijacked in the same manner whereby every topic was turned into a discussion of the Infiniti M. It gets old in a hurry. I'm of the opinion that an RDX forum is for discussing the RDX - good things and bad things about the RDX. When a few members insist on bringing the competition into every single thread, it gets frustrating. I apologize once again for my previous comments.