New 2007 RDX Owner... Warning long!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 03:50 AM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
New 2007 RDX Owner... Warning long!!!

Well, basically I bought a 2007 Acura RDX tech package February 26, 2016... It's in decent shape with its usual debts and dings, and missing console lid/armrest, not to mention, it had 175,018 when we took delivery... It now has 175,850 and it's been great... Burns a lot of gas, but that's my only formal complaint... Heck, at least it's quick... I ran 0-60 in 7.40 with two occupants, a full trunk, a big, heavy back behind the seat, and a nearly full tank of gas in the 60s outside, 450-ish ft. elevation... This replaced, and I hate to say replaced, a very sentimental 2007 Kia Sportage LX with some mods... The Sportage is a great vehicle and I got $8,4xx for it... I got it a year old with around 3k on it for around $13.5-14k in November 08... January 25, a Referee was getting off the interstate and pulled out right in front of us... Had a feeling he would... I must have said "This cannot happen", three or four times... I cannot seem to get the post picture button to work, however I have a few pictures on my profile, however I do not know if they are public or visible to other members... Anyway about the new RDX, I really like it... It's Carbon Gray Pearl... I have tinted the front 40% and put in some pure white led plate/tag lights... I also have a front plate, vtec decals, Civic SI style, and a few other things like Weathertech front liners and plastidip emblems to come... Well, if you can find my pictures let me know what ya think... Thanks for reading, sorry it's so long... I'm a first time user of this website and it's much different than the Toyota forums... Please bare with me... On top of that, all I have is an iPhone 4s... It's just easier not having a computer and wires and DSL... Well, thanks again...
Old 03-19-2016, 05:05 AM
Null and proud of it

How do I post pictures? I put five pictures on my profile yet can't find them, the ad photo option at the top of the post does not work, I also have Photobucket as a host and all photos I upload are not there, any tech savvy people input please... Thank you...
Old 03-19-2016, 07:34 AM
Null and proud of it

Ok, found a good photo hosting site, here are the links!!!
Name:  image_zps6cx5luql.jpeg
Views: 172
Size:  174.1 KB
Old 03-19-2016, 07:45 AM
Null and proud of it

Here are the rest of the links... Postimg.org is much more user-friendly... Thanks for viewing...

Old 03-19-2016, 08:39 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,510 Likes on 1,178 Posts
Welcome to the family!

I always like to hear about RDXs with +175K still putting a smile on the owner's face. I have 126K and hope to do at least 175K in the next 3-4 years to come. I have the most fun driving my RDX compared to my other vehicles.

If you can swing doing the Hondata reflash (26hp/33tq), that would also increase the fun factor 2X and give a sight 1/2 to 1 mpg bump for $300+shipping. I did it +6 years ago and it has paid for itself.

LINK: https://www.hondata.com/reflash-rdx2007
Old 03-19-2016, 08:51 AM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by mrgold35
Welcome to the family!

I always like to hear about RDXs with +175K still putting a smile on the owner's face. I have 126K and hope to do at least 175K in the next 3-4 years to come. I have the most fun driving my RDX compared to my other vehicles.

If you can swing doing the Hondata reflash (26hp/33tq), that would also increase the fun factor 2X and give a sight 1/2 to 1 mpg bump for $300+shipping. I did it +6 years ago and it has paid for itself.

LINK: https://www.hondata.com/reflash-rdx2007
I just broke the bank on floor mats yesterday... But I was wondering about Hondata... How big of a deal is it to have installed? I also have one other concern, mine says ULEV in the back window wich doesn't make sense because it was first sent to Texas... Are they all ULEV, I know other Honda/Acura models aren't, but I read somewhere they're all emissions compliant... Geez, I hope I'm not the only "SPECIAL" RDX in the south and can't get an intake... I'm eyeballing the K&N...
Old 03-19-2016, 04:06 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,510 Likes on 1,178 Posts
You have to find a local reseller for the Hondata reflash. There should be a link on Hondata's website for them in your local area. You just have to uninstall the ECU and provide the keys (or have the reseller take out the ECU). I paid for overnight shipping both ways to get everything back in 3 days (ship on monday from NM, reflash on Tuesday in CA and shipped, and installed back in the RDX on Wednesday).

I also did the Hondata heatshield gasket and ETS intercooler (about $900). That might have bumped me up to around 265-275hp and 290-305tq (feel a little more power when the temps get closer to freezing outside).

Pretty much all RDX's have the ULEV stickers on the back windows. Doesn't mean much to me if I'm getting 17-19 mpgs.

I just did the K/N drop-in filter. I was worried about using anything else because of sucking in hot air from the engine bay with a short ram (+95 degrees in the southwest summers) or water issues with CAI in the wheel well. You might come out the same and cheaper with K/N drop in filter and removing the resonator in the front/driver wheel well (poor man's CAI). A lot of folks do this for Acura sedans; don't know if they do this a lot for the SUVs.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:05 PM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by mrgold35
You have to find a local reseller for the Hondata reflash. There should be a link on Hondata's website for them in your local area. You just have to uninstall the ECU and provide the keys (or have the reseller take out the ECU). I paid for overnight shipping both ways to get everything back in 3 days (ship on monday from NM, reflash on Tuesday in CA and shipped, and installed back in the RDX on Wednesday).

I also did the Hondata heatshield gasket and ETS intercooler (about $900). That might have bumped me up to around 265-275hp and 290-305tq (feel a little more power when the temps get closer to freezing outside).

Pretty much all RDX's have the ULEV stickers on the back windows. Doesn't mean much to me if I'm getting 17-19 mpgs.

I just did the K/N drop-in filter. I was worried about using anything else because of sucking in hot air from the engine bay with a short ram (+95 degrees in the southwest summers) or water issues with CAI in the wheel well. You might come out the same and cheaper with K/N drop in filter and removing the resonator in the front/driver wheel well (poor man's CAI). A lot of folks do this for Acura sedans; don't know if they do this a lot for the SUVs.

So, K&N is an complete intake replacement... It is short ram, I prefer them for sound... It's very similar to what I have on the wrecked vehicle pictured above... It does have a partition and weather stripping to go around the top of the hood for engine bay heat... I just really miss that "brrrrrrr" when throttling... I also have an 01 Camry with an intake... Not a good one, some vaccum lines and wires not hooked up, and it is loud, I mean, it makes so much noise it will hurt your ears a little... The very first time we were trying it, a woman walking on the side of the road jumped and looked back... But no, I like it subtle, just more than now... I don't really know how I feel about removing the resonator... I don't have access to a lift or anything so I am avoiding removing the front bumper cover at all cost... However, the Kia was really easy, all I did was remove the top of the air box, and hose clamp a cone filter there... They didn't make any intakes for it, and to my surprise someone else with one did it too... Anyway, my mpg is about 14-15.5 around town, and 19-21 highway and back roads... The Kia would get 16-18 maybe 19 and 19-26, at least I now have more then 140 hp/4AT... One thing I love is the Low end torque... The Kia I would have to nearl floor it to get up to speed at a reasonable rate... I could floor it out of corners, whereas this, I can't really... Also, tight steering ratio is great for dodging puddles... It was so wet in SW Mississippi last week I've been driving like a grandpa, I get the whole drive a fast car slow and a slow car fast thing, now that I have the power and other goodies, I haven't had the urge to use them... But, it's probobly the wet roads... The AWD is good, never lost traction, not even once... The main thing is my Camry has a blown engine and I don't know about emptying the RDX and getting a rental and local installer... It will still be on my list, who knows, I can figure out something...