Microfibre cloth with P21S = ease of waxing on RDX

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Microfibre cloth with P21S = ease of waxing on RDX

I learn new things every day... I have read that microfibre cloths make waxing a car a real ease. But I never really tried it, simply been using the standard terry polishing cloth I get from my local parts store.

But yesterday, I used the microfibre cloths I bought from Costco, not the most expensive stuff, but I found that I could wax the whole RDX is less than 2 hours, and that was with breaks...

I simply wiped on the P21S Carnuaba wax on the RDX, and wipe off with microfibre before it dries out. The wax residue really simply wipes off!
With the old terry cloth, I had to spend more time buffing it off. But this microfibre cloth simply picks up the wax residue and it's gone. No more back-forth buffing.
This is my second coat of P21S Carnuaba wax in 2 weeks of owning the RDX.

Hmm... The white diamond pearl is really hard to get a mirror shine from it. Just got to accept it that light colours will never really shine like dark colours like black.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:26 PM
Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mav238
I learn new things every day... I have read that microfibre cloths make waxing a car a real ease. But I never really tried it, simply been using the standard terry polishing cloth I get from my local parts store.

But yesterday, I used the microfibre cloths I bought from Costco, not the most expensive stuff, but I found that I could wax the whole RDX is less than 2 hours, and that was with breaks...

I simply wiped on the P21S Carnuaba wax on the RDX, and wipe off with microfibre before it dries out. The wax residue really simply wipes off!
With the old terry cloth, I had to spend more time buffing it off. But this microfibre cloth simply picks up the wax residue and it's gone. No more back-forth buffing.
This is my second coat of P21S Carnuaba wax in 2 weeks of owning the RDX.

Hmm... The white diamond pearl is really hard to get a mirror shine from it. Just got to accept it that light colours will never really shine like dark colours like black.
actually its quite easy. if you use a random orbitor you can polish and wax in a fraction of the time and get far better results. its not necessary to put another coat of P21S in 2 weeks time.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DNPhotography
actually its quite easy. if you use a random orbitor you can polish and wax in a fraction of the time and get far better results. its not necessary to put another coat of P21S in 2 weeks time.

Yeah, but I have used the same P21S cleanser and wax combo system on my other black TSX, and that black paint shimmers like a deep pool of water... and all this is achieved with simply hand application of the P21S cleanser solution, followed by P21S wax.

I think it is just the inherent nature of light colours like white, that does not generate a mirror image at a distance... but when you do walk close to it and examine the paint up close, it does have a definitive shine to it... and you do see your reflection in it...
Old 04-29-2007, 08:27 PM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Mav - You've got detailing issues, don't you? You're in dire need of therapy...

Old 05-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PC+P21S+MICROPAK 16" x 24" Ultra-Microband Micro Fiber= ease of waxing

Old 05-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tripp11
Mav - You've got detailing issues, don't you? You're in dire need of therapy...

Yup...

Having owned cars which was black... and first time owning one that was pearl white, just gets me going with wanting to make the colour shine with more depth... My current other car, a black pearl TSX shines like nothing else...

Alright... I am slowly coming to terms with the fact that one can never ever get to the mirror finish of a black car with my white RDX...

But I'm still trying...
Washed car yesterday again... and used the Eagle One NANO spray wax for the final wipe down. The stuff is really so easy to use with the microfibre cloth... Don't think it adds any deeper shine to the already P21S waxed paint... But it does keep the surface slick and smooth...