Let's Talk About OUR OWN Rdx

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 04:00 PM
Got Boost?Rdx/Base/CGP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's Talk About OUR OWN Rdx

Hiya there!
Well if you guys dont mind,let us know about YOUR Rdx! i want to know how others driver think about it!
Thanks i appreciate it
Rdxowner

Like my car?
Old 12-20-2006, 04:42 PM
3rd Gear

I've had my RDX (base model, black/black) for about 2 months (2500 miles). And I love it. I drove an '90 Ford Probe that was falling apart for 16 years. Loved that thing, but it finally reached the point where I simply couldn't get parts to fix it. So I was going to buy a Lexus RX330, but found the RDX was just as nice (IMO) and cheaper. And I now love the fact that everyone else seems to drive the RX330, but I'm alone in zipping around in my RDX. RDX for the win!

I've named my car Beauty, for she is. And it is a she I'm getting her washed about every other week (never washed the probe in 16 years) and she looks great.

In particular, the things that I love the most:
  • XM Radio. I am a big music listener, of a wide variety of styles. Music is central to my life, and this is my first opportunity to listen to XM in my car. My single favorite feature. The thing I could not do without in my next vehicle.
  • The moonroof. I didn't think I would like this as much as I do, but I do.
  • Sitting up high. Old car was a low to the ground. This was an essential purchase feature.
  • Great headlights. Love the brightness.
  • Good cargo capacity. It isn't the biggest, but it is plenty big for what I need.
  • Easy to put stuff in the cargo area. I'm tall and I hate having to bend down to get stuff in and out. Now I just slide it into the cargo area.
  • Seat warmers. Love them. Again, didn't think I would, but turns out they're a great idea and I find they really work.
  • Luxurious interior. Maybe to some folks the RDX isn't the snazzy thing, but to me, and where I'm coming from, it is beautiful. A huge step up for me, and when I'm in it it makes me feel great. I love the look.
  • Blue gauges on the dashboard. Everyone oohs and ahhs over them :-)
  • General shape. I really like the overall look of the car. Makes me proud when I see her in the parking garage or in a parking lot. She's pretty, cute, and sexy!
  • Love the turbo.
  • The console storage bin is a huge win. I'm a type 1 diabetic, and I've had my fair share of insulin reactions while driving. Now I've got a perfect spot for some orange juice. And plenty of room for additional stuff.
  • The armrest is big wide and a good height.

Some things that bug me:
  • When getting out, sometimes the seat buckle plastic holder jams me in the leg when sliding out. It sticks up just a little too high. Don't know if anyone else has noticed this.
  • Wish the radio display would show artist name and song title simultaneously. I have the base model (not tech package) so not sure if this is solved by the tech package. I couldn't afford that however.
  • Auto temperature setting annoys me for the first 5 minutes. It is perfect for a long drive, but when I first get into the car, it cannot compensate for whatever environment I'm coming out of. So on cold days, I usually want to warm up really fast. The auto system takes it sweet time about this. (The seat warmers help tremendously.) On hot days, I usually want to feel the air really blowing out at me to cool me down. Again, the auto system is a little more subtle then I'd like. So in either case, I tend to override the system by punching up the fan, and then I forget that the system isn't on auto (touch one button and Auto turns off) and then I realize that I've got the opposite problem. It is just sort of an annoyance. What I tend to do now is hammer on the temperature gauge when I first get in the car to some extreme based on what I want. Then a few minutes later, once I'm getting comfortable, reset it back to my 70 degree setting and leave it on auto.
  • There isn't a good spot to put spare change. This bugs me. The center armrest container is huge, and it has slides for 4 coin types. But there are 5 coin types in frequent use, so immediately I have a problem. And even with that, when I am going through a fast food line, I usually don't have time to put the change all nice and pretty back into the little slot holders. I'd prefer a nice little scoop somewhere.
  • Really wish the RDX would have come with seat memory.
  • I can't get the rearview mirror to angle appropriately for me. As I said, I'm tall, and I tend to sit close to the steering wheel. End result, I'm a little too close, tool high, for the mirror. So the mirror isn't really set quite how I'd like it. It simply won't turn and adjust to meet my eyes. Annoys me.
  • Big mirrors. I've got a big scratch worn out on the passenger mirror because it keeps bumping into a cardboard box in my garage. I didn't think a cardboard box could do any damage, and I knew I needed to be *right* next to the box, so I didn't mind scraping it. Well, the cardboard box has scraped away the paint on the mirror. My fault. Again, just an annoyance.
  • There are a few spots where they used plastic I wish they had used leather.
  • The window sill is a bit high. On my old car, I would drive with my elbow on the window sill. In the RDX, this is how I drive, but it is a little uncomfortable. This is after adjusting the steering wheel to try and make it work for me.
  • I heard that there is supposed to be some Acura website where I can keep updates on my car, but I never found out how to log in and set things up there for myself. Anyone know what the website is? I guess I can poke around, but I don't know if I need a particular log in code, or my VIN, or what.
Wow, that must be a boring post to read. I'm sorry. I got all wrapped up in giving trivial details about my likes and dislikes. Ah well. You said you wanted to hear about my RDX...so I gave you more about Me & My RDX. I'll stop there...
Old 12-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Intermediate

Let me start by saying that I absolutely LOVE my RDX! Its only been a week driving it around but I can say that I do love it! Here's one thing that seems to bug me though and I wonder if its standard and something I have to live with or something I should check into further. Its with the seat heaters. I'm sure this is listed somewhere in the manual but I honestly can't be bothered to look. Whenever the seats are on high, they seem to max out at a certain temp and then automatically turn off. Now...I'm not looking for a burned bum but I would like to be able to regulate this so that I can turn it to low at my own discretion. Sometimes it seems like its just getting heated up enough when it turns down. Anywone else experiencing this?
Old 12-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Tiggertooth
[*]There isn't a good spot to put spare change. This bugs me. The center armrest container is huge, and it has slides for 4 coin types. But there are 5 coin types in frequent use, so immediately I have a problem. And even with that, when I am going through a fast food line, I usually don't have time to put the change all nice and pretty back into the little slot holders. I'd prefer a nice little scoop somewhere.
[*]Big mirrors. I've got a big scratch worn out on the passenger mirror because it keeps bumping into a cardboard box in my garage. I didn't think a cardboard box could do any damage, and I knew I needed to be *right* next to the box, so I didn't mind scraping it. Well, the cardboard box has scraped away the paint on the mirror. My fault. Again, just an annoyance.
[*]I heard that there is supposed to be some Acura website where I can keep updates on my car, but I never found out how to log in and set things up there for myself. Anyone know what the website is? I guess I can poke around, but I don't know if I need a particular log in code, or my VIN, or what.
I think the idea of the coin holders in the center console was narrow mindedly designed strictly for toll booth money. This is why there are only 4 coins rather than having one for pennies. I agree with you though a better coin holder that you can throw money into and it won't jingle around every turn would be nice.

You can probably buff the mirror scratches out pretty easily if it was just cardboard.

The acura owner website is: https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login.asp?brand=acura

There you can register and enter your VIN and stuff like that.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ddrn
seat heaters. I'm sure this is listed somewhere in the manual but I honestly can't be bothered to look. Whenever the seats are on high, they seem to max out at a certain temp and then automatically turn off. Now...I'm not looking for a burned bum but I would like to be able to regulate this so that I can turn it to low at my own discretion. Sometimes it seems like its just getting heated up enough when it turns down. Anywone else experiencing this?
The seat heaters are designed to heat a set time and shut off. I think it is like 20mins, kind of like the rear defroster. Mine gets to max heat well before the 20 mins. I usually have to shut it off manually before then because I am uncomfortably hot. If yours takes that long to get that hot, then you should ask your dealer about it. If yours is shutting off early, you should also ask your dealer about it.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sasair
The seat heaters are designed to heat a set time and shut off. I think it is like 20mins, kind of like the rear defroster. Mine gets to max heat well before the 20 mins. I usually have to shut it off manually before then because I am uncomfortably hot. If yours takes that long to get that hot, then you should ask your dealer about it. If yours is shutting off early, you should also ask your dealer about it.
It usually takes me about 20-25 minutes from the time I leave the house in the am til I pull into the work lot. I've been noticing it shut off shortly before the end of the trip but I don't think that it gets unbearably hot on the driver's side. I have noticed that my BF is much quicker to turn his to low than I. I am wondering if there's a problem with the heat level on the drivers seat which would explain both of these occurences. I guess I'll have to check it out a little more and contact my dealer about it.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:39 PM
Photographer

hmm lets see

*i love the power
*the sound system, absolutely the best period
*i love the attention i get while driving my RDX
*the headlights are great!
*center console is great. very big and lots of room for storage
*seats are sporty/luxury love it
Old 12-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Missin my TSX =(

LOVE....
-power
-style
-navi
-interior space
-sound system
-boothtooth
-owning the ricers and those who think they can own us
-the head turning

HATE...
-rims
-lack of passenger power seat
-lack of memory seats
-not all windows auto up down
-no remote power window down
-no sunglasses holder
Old 12-21-2006, 08:34 PM
Got Boost?Rdx/Base/CGP

me i like everything except...the ppl whos looking at me like wtf? lol there are some ppl who are lookin at the rdx and they are like Woah WTF IS THIS CAR? TURBO BABY
Old 12-21-2006, 11:43 PM
Missin my TSX =(

Originally Posted by Rdxowner
me i like everything except...the ppl whos looking at me like wtf? lol there are some ppl who are lookin at the rdx and they are like Woah WTF IS THIS CAR? TURBO BABY
well i made 50 bux at work the other day cuz mah co-worker didnt believe that the rdx is turboed cuz its a "SUV" .... so i showed him the trunk emblem... still didnt believe me cuz i couldve just "stuck it on"... so i popped the hood and all i heard was "F*CK" and i was 50 bux richer
Old 12-22-2006, 01:39 AM
Photographer

Originally Posted by chyllintsx
LOVE....
-power
-style
-navi
-interior space
-sound system
-boothtooth
-owning the ricers and those who think they can own us
-the head turning

HATE...
-rims
-lack of passenger power seat
-lack of memory seats
-not all windows auto up down
-no remote power window down
-no sunglasses holder
haha so so true
Old 12-22-2006, 06:58 AM
Got Boost?Rdx/Base/CGP

well i made 50 bux at work the other day cuz mah co-worker didnt believe that the rdx is turboed cuz its a "SUV" .... so i showed him the trunk emblem... still didnt believe me cuz i couldve just "stuck it on"... so i popped the hood and all i heard was "F*CK" and i was 50 bux richer
LOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL THAT IS SO FUC*IN* FUNNY LOLLL
Old 12-22-2006, 03:58 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 505 Likes on 231 Posts
I'm at 7000 miles now, and I still love the car. The "coin" situation is annoying. I'm using the door flip up spot for "Fast change" (from toll booths, drive thrus, etc), but if you load up the REAL coin holder in the center console, the weight of the coins prevents the top from staying up!! That sucks.

Other than the obvious lack of mem seats/power passenger seat/auto unlock hatch (or even a hatch only button on the remote), I think it's great. However, when all of that stuff shows up on the 08 or 09, I'm-a-gonna-be pissed!
Old 12-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Remember those rubber, egg shaped coin holders that have a slit on one side? You squeeze the ends and the slit opens so you can grab the coins. That's what I want to get, but will have to go scour the drugstores to find one.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:28 PM
Missin my TSX =(

LOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL THAT IS SO FUC*IN* FUNNY LOLLL

lol yup tell me bout it ... and he thinks his " """""STOCK SUPERCHARGED.... SUPERCHARGED mazda 626" can own me... im bout to bet him 5000 on that shyt
Old 12-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Missin my TSX =(

Originally Posted by oblio98
I'm at 7000 miles now, and I still love the car. The "coin" situation is annoying. I'm using the door flip up spot for "Fast change" (from toll booths, drive thrus, etc), but if you load up the REAL coin holder in the center console, the weight of the coins prevents the top from staying up!! That sucks.

Other than the obvious lack of mem seats/power passenger seat/auto unlock hatch (or even a hatch only button on the remote), I think it's great. However, when all of that stuff shows up on the 08 or 09, I'm-a-gonna-be pissed!
very true bout the coin holders... i have this old coin holder from my dads old aerostar and i velcrowed it on the side of the center console... near the light... works better...

well man, u better be prepared to be pissed... cuz i know for a fact that at least pass. power seat..... driver memory seat... will appear in the 08 09..... thats how acuras roll... not so sure bout the power trunk... maybe in the next gen..
Old 12-22-2006, 05:33 PM
Missin my TSX =(

Originally Posted by creativeguy
Remember those rubber, egg shaped coin holders that have a slit on one side? You squeeze the ends and the slit opens so you can grab the coins. That's what I want to get, but will have to go scour the drugstores to find one.
LMFAO... u truly are 'creative guy'.. haha they have those things at party city...
Old 12-22-2006, 06:41 PM
Got Boost?Rdx/Base/CGP

lol yup tell me bout it ... and he thinks his " """""STOCK SUPERCHARGED.... SUPERCHARGED mazda 626" can own me... im bout to bet him 5000 on that shyt
so are you gonna bet him for 5000$?...im sure is the RDX whos gonna win lol
Old 12-22-2006, 06:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

heh...just make sure its not the stock Mazdaspeed 6. If it is, it will own you...
Old 12-22-2006, 07:54 PM
07 RDX - Royal Blue/Ebony

If any of you young RDX owners want to part with $5K, I can arrange that
Old 12-23-2006, 12:20 AM
10th Gear

Well just want to say that I have found a vehicle to dethrone my best value Murano. and for $1k less Cdn. My Graphite Pearl RDX is an absolute blast to drive. Lots of room for cargo and one of the nicest interiors in its class. Love the HID lights, handling, engine, and stereo (stock, not even the nav!). hate no memory seats and day night mirror (although back window tint seems to be taking care of this on its own). The RDX is just a wonderful non SUV tank that really makes you want to go for groceries every hour! A blast to drive...
Old 12-23-2006, 02:25 AM
Missin my TSX =(

heh...just make sure its not the stock Mazdaspeed 6. If it is, it will own you...
hahaha... ill be fine... hes got the newest 626 year out there... stick... i HIGHLY doubt that its supercharged... says it came supercharged... he also said that its the millenia engine... so im pretty sure its stuck... yea ill drop 5g's on this race lol
Old 12-23-2006, 02:25 AM
Missin my TSX =(

hahaha... ill be fine... hes got the newest 626 year out there... stick... i HIGHLY doubt that its supercharged... says it came supercharged... he also said that its the millenia engine... so im pretty sure its stock... yea ill drop 5g's on this race lol
Old 12-23-2006, 10:56 AM
Got Boost?Rdx/Base/CGP

hahaha... ill be fine... hes got the newest 626 year out there... stick... i HIGHLY doubt that its supercharged... says it came supercharged... he also said that its the millenia engine... so im pretty sure its stock... yea ill drop 5g's on this race lol
hop you win make us proud!
Old 12-23-2006, 09:07 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what made you get RDX?
Old 12-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Missin my TSX =(

hop you win make us proud!
dont even worry bout it lol
Old 12-24-2006, 12:35 AM
Racer

Just went to a mall parking lot (which was surprisingly empty at 9pm) and drove some nice circles under good acceleration. Fun! I have yet to hear the tires squeal on this car. It is very stable. Infinitely more stable than our CR-V.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:33 AM
07 RDX - Royal Blue/Ebony

CR-Vs before the 07 model were quite tippy feeling -- I could never bring myself to buy one even though I liked other aspects of the vehicle a lot. The 07 improved handling and stability significantly.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:02 PM
Racer

Well, the 07 CR-V and 07 RDX are more alike than different, so that would make a lot of sense.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Got Boost?Rdx/Base/CGP

Originally Posted by TL1999
what made you get RDX?
me? at 19?..well my parents are engineer...so they paid my M-B and the RDX
Old 12-24-2006, 04:19 PM
Instructor

damn rich kids.
Old 12-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Missin my TSX =(

damn it u a$$hole lol... u are now currently the youngest rdx driver lol
Old 12-28-2006, 07:45 AM
10th Gear

lol I'm 18
Old 12-29-2006, 11:42 PM
Got Boost?Rdx/Base/CGP

Originally Posted by swayteepee
lol I'm 18
u have an RDX?
Old 12-29-2006, 11:42 PM
Got Boost?Rdx/Base/CGP

damn it u a$$hole lol... u are now currently the youngest rdx driver lol
lol luck have to come one day
Old 12-29-2006, 11:58 PM
Missin my TSX =(

lol I'm 18
lol is it yours?
Old 12-30-2006, 12:12 AM
10th Gear

yeah base model black/black
it is sooo awesome
great upgrade from driving my moms honda odyssey
Old 12-30-2006, 10:34 AM
Missin my TSX =(

it is sooo awesome

nice congrats.. so do you still share wit ur mom?
Old 12-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Got Boost?Rdx/Base/CGP

it is sooo awesome
wow 18..damn..but still im young in Montreal to be driving this lol...i was at the mall and i saw a white rdx and it was a man around the 40 yrs and he was lookin at me and waving his hand..so i did the same thin
Old 12-31-2006, 09:15 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
wow 18..damn..but still im young in Montreal to be driving this lol...i was at the mall and i saw a white rdx and it was a man around the 40 yrs and he was lookin at me and waving his hand..so i did the same thin
Gee, the youth of tomorrow...

Rolling your eyes at a 40 year-old who was probably trying to be nice and saying he liked your RDX by waving at you???

Quick Reply: Let's Talk About OUR OWN Rdx