Leather Seat Repair - SRS Airbag

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 10:38 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leather Seat Repair - SRS Airbag

Hey guys! I have a 2008 Acura RDX. I got a tear on my drivers seat, on the bolster towards the passenger side. However when I went in to an upholstery shop to get that repaired, the owner decided to up-sell me on getting the other bolster (where the SRS airbag is) done too.

I told them that’s fine but afterwards quickly realized that SRS airbags have a special stitching/thread, which they didn’t use (as per them, they used a thin thread, and there is no special thread, but I’ve read a few articles on this).

My question now is, what should I do?

For anyone that has had seat repair done, were you able to find a upholsterer who dealt with bolster repairs where there is an SRS airbag and that had the special thread they use? Is there such a thing as a special thread to begin with?
Old 08-20-2019, 07:41 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found it cheaper to purchase whole seat from junkyard. I paid $130 for entire front passenger seat with 20xxx miles seat looked new. Only issue is after changing the seat SRS light comes on. I disconnected battery followed diy directions just can't find a write up on how to reset for RDX.