last nite

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 12:57 PM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
last nite

so i get out of my car last nite, and take something out of my passenger side...and what do u know, someone had hit my car in the front qtr panel..right under the headlight and cracked both the upper fender and bottom spoiler. awesome. pieces of garbage out there. gotta replace both pieces.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:16 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sucks man. These POS's always ruin peoples rides and just go about their day.

I got lucky this year and found a couple cars that dinged my doors and I put my switchblade key to work. Both times, I was parked all by myself and someone decided to park next to me in a sea of open spaces and ding my door.

The sad things is, Saturn used to get made fun of for composite doors. I always thought it was a great idea.

Ddi you order your Hondata yet? I put my order in this weekend.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:38 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry pieces of S...

I can't stand em', but they are everywhere. It's like "your" car is a magnet to idiocy. At least that is the way I feel, most of the time.

Looking forward to hearing the impressions of the Hondata from both of you.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
a stupid mazda tribute in my apartment that parks next to mine gave me a door ding just two weeks after i got my car. i was pissed for a week and every time i see the ding i still want to key his car. some people just show absolutely no respect to other people's property.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear that. There really are a lot of jerk drivers out there. I live in philly and there aren't that many cars here that have pristine front and rear bumpers. I know of several people who, when parallel parking, will give the car behind or in front of them a "love tap" to know when they have moved their car too far. I could never imagine doing such a thing. I parallel park all the time, and it's only a matter of time before I get 2 little indents in the back of my bumper. My wife's 4runner already as a couple and we've only been here for a year.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Sorry to hear that. It seems that the harder you try to protect your car by parking it as far away from everyone else as possible the more people flock to you to park right next to you. It is so frustrating. The other day I was at Wal-Mart, I parked in the back of the lot and I'm about to get out and I see a cart on the move on a direct course for my door. There were a couple of guys picking up all the carts who were just standing there watching it move with the wind toward my car just laughing. Things like that just drive me up the wall.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:48 AM
big shot.

Hondata took a back seat this winter....a few unexepected things have been slung my way....
Old 01-26-2009, 11:28 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
That sucks to hear that is one reason why I hate parking in the street and in parking lots people have no respect for your car . 1 year ago I was in the parking lot at little ceasers in my 06 CIVIC SI and this guy opened his door and nailed my car hard and did not even bother to see if it was ok but he did not notice I was inside the car dude almost got knocked out his chick and a pedestrian had to save him from me dude starting running away while they got in between us they my wife came and told me to relax . Man this topic gets me heated hope you get your car fixed .
Old 01-27-2009, 05:57 AM
Stealthy A-CL Member

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
That totally sucks. As a society, we should really bring tarring and feathering back into the mainstream for offenses like that...

I can't tell you how many times I've seen and heard that braille parallel parking technique. Just drives me nuts.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:38 AM
big shot.

as it turns out, my foglight casing is shot as well...

honestly tho, how fast, or, how much disregard for your surroundings do you need to have to cause damage like that in a f'ing restraunt parking lot...i mean, it looks like i got in a car accident lol the top portion of the fender was completely dislodged i had to reclip it!! messed up.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unfortunately they may have have a little too much to drink and didn't want to deal with the consequences.