Just test drove a RDX

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 05:28 PM
J M U ... DUUUKEESSSS

Received 266 Likes on 131 Posts
Just test drove a RDX

So, I’ve been in the market to purchase a new car and I’ve been looking at the IS250 awd, G35x, TL/TL-S, & TSX. And to be honest, I wasn’t considering a RDX until I saw a CBP RDX with the 19” Sparkle Silver rims on my way back from work. Ever since then I’ve been itching to test drive a RDX.

I test drove a base RDX at Pohanka today and I have to say… this car is amazing! IMO, the only car that can compare to the driving experience of the RDX is the TL-S. I think the SH-awd made it more fun to drive than the TL-S. Pictures don’t do much justice, the RDX’s interior and exterior styling is so much better seeing in person.

I had my eyes on a moroccan red pearl with taupe interior. I played the pricing game with the car plus a 3M clear bra, all season floor mats, and splash guards. Unfortunately, the lowest I got the dealer to go was 32k + TTL.

Do you think I can go lower in price? I was trying to go aggressive with my pricing(31k OTD) because I know people on AZ are getting the Base for invoice. Even the sale person admitted that the RDX isn’t selling well. I spoke to the sales manager and he said that he wanted to make a $900 profit on the car and he wouldn't move on price. Anyone think I can get it cheaper if I negotiated without any options? The dealer quoted me $995 for the clear bra and I can easily get the floor mats and splash guards off ebay for a cheaper price.

Thanks for the help!

On a side note:

During my time at the dealership, I saw three other people test drive the RDX and saw a couple take home a RDX. It looks like the RDX is gaining more popularity in the Northern VA area.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:17 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 846 Likes on 526 Posts
http://www.carbuyingtips.com/car4.htm

Read the stuff on that website. Basically, research and see if there's any incentive programs within Honda/Acura. The dealer might show you the invoice price sheet, but don't trust those prices too since the dealer might get rebate from the manufacturer.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Read the "owners sign in" thread at the top of this forum. Owners are reporting their purchase prices in various parts of the country. Base models appear to be going for around $30,500 plus tax and license. Try e-mailing all the nearby dealers and asking for their best price. Once you have good written price quotes, you will have a lot of leverage against your dealer. Ask for prices plus tax and license (not OTD) since that is what most dealers are comfortable working with.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:19 AM
J M U ... DUUUKEESSSS

Received 266 Likes on 131 Posts
thanks everyone!
Old 05-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Advanced

Ask for Omar at Pohanka, he's the Internet Sales Manager. Just leased mine there two weeks ago!
Old 05-15-2007, 08:42 AM
Meat Popsicle

The dealer gets 3% of MSRP from Acura as holdback. They usually get a small kicker from Acura Finance as well, depening on your credit score. So they make money.
In the end, the price you pay is determined by the market conditions in your area, and with lower volume dealers like Acura, the average time a car in inventory is one of the biggest determination of the price point they go for. Makes sense, right? If they are selling them off the truck, then they ask for a higher price. Just price a Civic the first year it is out, then the second year that same model is out.

The market in general is soft now. We bought last week in the Chicago area, and got the car at invoice, and the accessories we purchaced at list price without installation fees. The car was in stock, ( Same color combo as you are looking at, with tech package.). However, the trade came in about $750 below the estimate for my car ( which was is in perfect condition ) 05 TL/Nav Auto. Overall I was happy with the deal, and when I read the prices that get quoted here, I take them with a grain of salt.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:53 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SHYUperman
So, I’ve been in the market to purchase a new car and I’ve been looking at the IS250 awd, G35x, TL/TL-S, & TSX. And to be honest, I wasn’t considering a RDX until I saw a CBP RDX with the 19” Sparkle Silver rims on my way back from work. Ever since then I’ve been itching to test drive a RDX.

I test drove a base RDX at Pohanka today and I have to say… this car is amazing! IMO, the only car that can compare to the driving experience of the RDX is the TL-S. I think the SH-awd made it more fun to drive than the TL-S. Pictures don’t do much justice, the RDX’s interior and exterior styling is so much better seeing in person.

I had my eyes on a moroccan red pearl with taupe interior. I played the pricing game with the car plus a 3M clear bra, all season floor mats, and splash guards. Unfortunately, the lowest I got the dealer to go was 32k + TTL.

Do you think I can go lower in price? I was trying to go aggressive with my pricing(31k OTD) because I know people on AZ are getting the Base for invoice. Even the sale person admitted that the RDX isn’t selling well. I spoke to the sales manager and he said that he wanted to make a $900 profit on the car and he wouldn't move on price. Anyone think I can get it cheaper if I negotiated without any options? The dealer quoted me $995 for the clear bra and I can easily get the floor mats and splash guards off ebay for a cheaper price.

Thanks for the help!

On a side note:

During my time at the dealership, I saw three other people test drive the RDX and saw a couple take home a RDX. It looks like the RDX is gaining more popularity in the Northern VA area.
Your best bet is to play dealerships against each other, and work with the INTERNET/fleet department, not the floor guys. You should have no problem getting to invoice on a base, just do the shopping and let EACH one know you are shopping.