iPod integration on Nav screen?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008 | 11:10 AM
Instructor

iPod integration on Nav screen?

Could not get an answer over in the audio forum, so I am trying here.

How do you get the iPod song titles to appear on the Nav screen, or even the forward temp/radio display? And how do you see playlists, artists, etc. Since the glovebox connection is a real iPod connector and not just and aux input jack there has to be more available then allowing the steering wheel controls to skip to the next song. My Nav screen only shows the word "Extension" on it for the iPod. There has to be more, right?

My other vehicle with the same connector in the glove box shows song title, album info, playlists, artists, albums, etc all on the nav screen.
Old 10-28-2008 | 11:56 AM
big shot.

this may help.

For 2007, Acura also offered an iPod adapter for the RDX, which was wired into the glove box, and allowed the iPod to be controlled through the RDX's sound system interface. Due to hardware incompatibilities the Honda/Acura iPod musiclink has been discontinued as of model year 2008 - wikipedia

if you do a google search for Acura iPod music link...ull come up with a link to acura.com but everything on Acura's website about it has been removed...no mention of it at all, not even an avail accessory when you build the car, I also did a dealer inventory search for local dealers for accessories...the link is absent.

sooooooo

if ur link isnt doing what you want, you may be stuck, or if you paid for it when you bought your car and the thing doesnt do anything more than the aux port accept charge the batt..maybe you can get a refund or whatever who knows....

if dealers are still offering/selling them, then maybe they are doing so at their own risk trying to sell off inventory....

good luck
Old 10-28-2008 | 12:13 PM
Instructor

Thanks. I was able to get the pdf manual on the music link system. It says it does not display any song, artist, etc info on the radio or nav screen. Oh well. I bought the RDX used and was glad it had this connection in it. Too bad they didn't integrate it like they could have. Maybe in the next generation RDX.
Old 11-01-2008 | 10:52 PM
Racer

Yeah the i-pod music link sucked big on my RDX, every time I did any kind of software update on i-tunes with my i-pod the music link had issues with compatabilty.