Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ what world do you live in?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:40 PM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I dont know what he's writing, since he's on my ignore list, but at some point you need to come to terms with yourself and realize whatever it is that he is posting, you just need to look the other way.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:12 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You already proved that you have viewed what I'm posting so wtf, don't come on a thread and act all oblivious like "O mi gad is abov prime psting lolz, acura ftw wit top notch buildz and tha hiest resales eva, fordz r bad bcuz liek it aint no acura lolz", to go completely off topic.
You ignored me for a reason.

I'm in a world where Acura's don't rule, crazy right?

Ask some TSX owners that sold their TSX, traded it in etc.. they got less than expected for an Acura.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Instructor

^ LMAO... i just figured it out... AP is an Acura hater wannabe owner who has buyers' remorse after his EDGE and CX-7 decisions... can't quite accept that personal experience that says "good" doesn't mean Acuras (no apostrophe needed AP) "rule." In fact, I still think that BMWs pretty much "rule." But for this segment, I know I made the best buying choice available.

...you're right. I have to learn to look away. Like a horrible, horrible highway accident -- it's just not worth the view.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:33 PM
B A N N E D

Newest member!

Thanks for thinking for me, of course you know why I post here?

Oh **** you can only assume and hope you're right.

You're wrong.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Banned

Exclamation

edit by Administrator Ron A:

Welcome to the forums, and I am sorry to have to post the following information.

Your post has been edited since you have not yet met the requirements in Paragraph A below. When you have met the requirements you may resubmit your thread.

A. New members may not post anything for sale or trade until they have been a registered member for thirty (30) days and have 15 posts. They may respond to other threads if they wish, and make purchases, and also post Want To Buy (WTB) threads, but do not mention any items for sale or trade when posting in other threads.

…..1. Members are cautioned not to post just for the sake of getting your required number of posts.

…..2. A maximum of three Black Market Forum posts may be used to meet the minimum requirement for members who intend to sell or trade items. The remainder must be meaningful posts in other forums. If you registered for the sole purpose of selling things, you are not meeting the intent of this forum, which is to give our active members a forum for buying and trading. All of your posts will be scrutinized and the management will make the final decision on your eligibility to sell items here. Members may still post WTB (Want to buy) posts or threads, or buy items, without regard to eligibility.

Please read THE *NEW* BLACK MARKET RULES for more information.

All sale threads must be posted in THE BLACK MARKET FORUM.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:45 AM
big shot.

32k? you can buy a new one for 33's...
Old 10-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
Originally Posted by jls8177
Pote757,

Just a plug. I am selling my 2007 w/tech. I am relatively local to Virginia (just N or DC). Let me know if you're interested.
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...446620485.html

Or anyone else for that matter,
Jason
443-306-3540
Old 10-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Banned

As far as I know. 6,000 miles is not much. Also, people naturally work in a little wiggle room for negotiating when posting a car for sale. It still comes with the same factory warranty that the one at the dealership has, it is just 6,000 miles down the road instead of 100.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:20 PM
big shot.

Yea, naturally higher i agree, but thats basically a grand less that coming off the lot new.

good luck with the sale...hope it works out..by the way, why selling so soon?
Old 10-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by AbovePrime.
Just to add, there is no rant and everything I said is substantial and can be backed up with professional numbers, I'm sorry you can't handle it.
The interior on the rx hasn't changed since it was the rx300. I used to think the RX had Acura beat in the interior department, but it's dated at this point.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:18 PM
B A N N E D

The RX's interior is starting to look dated, but it still sports better materials, and more padded surfaces.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Banned

My wife has decided she does not like the small SUV. She would rather have a larger sedan like the BMW 5 series.

Jason
Old 10-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Administrator

My wife has decided she does not like the small SUV. She would rather have a larger sedan like the BMW 5 series.

I'd be willing to sell at $30,500 if someone wanted to do it quickly, but if not, I'll wait and see who comes along.

Jason
Old 10-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Jason
I edited your post. This is the third time, so please read your first post again and comply with the rules I posted. Consider this a warning.

I also sent you an email.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Administrator

As far as I know. 6,000 miles is not much. Also, people naturally work in a little wiggle room for negotiating when posting a car for sale. It still comes with the same factory warranty that the one at the dealership has, it is just 6,000 miles down the road instead of 100.

If you're interested in buying the car, let me know and we can discuss the price further.

Jason
443-306-3540
Old 10-15-2007, 01:37 AM
Future RDX Owner in 2009

[QUOTE=Pote757]Does the XM show the song/artist? Can you preview what is playing on other channels?
QUOTE]

I wanted revisit part of the original topic of this thread.

I have a Sirius radio that allows me to set favorites and see which artist/song is playing. Does the XM do that? Does it change if you have a Tech model? Where is the song/artist displayed?

Thank you!
Old 10-15-2007, 03:37 AM
Instructor

The tech model does show the Artist/Song as well as the channel name, etc. as long as XM puts this info on the data stream. This info is selectable by switch on the upper display panel, and is displayed on the Navi screen when in Audio Screen mode.

BUT (and this is a very odd departure for the Tech from the RDX standard), the Tech doesn't display the RDS information from FM transmitters anywhere. The Owners' manual mentions RDS for the RDX, but it's very specific that it applies only to the NON-TECH RDX. Then, it's strangely silent about RDS in the Tech.

-AR
Old 10-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Instructor

I think my last post could be clearer regarding the upper panel. What I should have written was: the info on the upper screen is selectable via a switch on the radio console, and is displayed on the Navi screen when it's in Audio mode.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
The RX's interior is starting to look dated, but it still sports better materials, and more padded surfaces.
Can you back these "better materials" with hard data, or is it just you being your normal blow hard self stating your feeble opinions as fact?

I think I hear the Three Billy Goats heading your way, better hide under the bridge so you can catch them.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:58 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by black label
Can you back these "better materials" with hard data, or is it just you being your normal blow hard self stating your feeble opinions as fact?

I think I hear the Three Billy Goats heading your way, better hide under the bridge so you can catch them.
Yeah, well since I have no hard proof that the RX's interior does not sport better materials, and more padded surfaces, the RDX's interior is superior, end of.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:56 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by black label

Dang bro, you've got me laughing so hard it hurts. It's about time someone threw the
Old 10-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ACURascal
Yeah.. I looked hard at the CX-7 as a first look when I decided to retire the Lex. I was in the 23rd hour with Galpin on a Black over Black CX-7, the salesman didn't show up for an appointment, so I took the time (since I was up in Van Nuys anyway) to drop in and drive the RDX. I was floored at the differences. For my money, the extra $3000 or so for the RDX (and a luxury badge) was well worth the RDX over the CX-7.

Apparently, Motor Trend again agrees:

Despite a sporty feel and Mazda's Active Torque Split AWD--also borrowed from the MazdaSpeed6--the CX-7 just didn't have the same level of dynamic composure as the Acura. It also lacked the RDX's wrought-from-billet structural rigidity.

Ultimately, however, the Mazda's head-turning style ... was simply outpaced by the RDX's more compelling mix of personality, practicality, and driving exhilaration. Acura marketing types continue to view the BMW's X3 as prime competition for their new baby, and it's difficult to take issue with this. Feature-matched, the RDX still undercuts its Teutonic counterpart in price.

In this particular shootout, pitting the RDX against the RAV-4 and the CX-7, the CX-7 came in last place. My problems with the CX-7 were its inferior navigation system in the Grand Touring trim, the cellophane interior components (glove box, center storage and other components), and the finish on many plastic components that other owners complained quickly chip and scratch.

Incidentally, in a later Motor Trend shootout with the RDX vs. BMW's X3, Land Rover LR2, and the Lincoln MDX, the RDX also came in first.
Both MAZDA SUVs - the CX-7 and CX-9 have made their way onto Consumer Reports "Not recommended list." The main problem with both vehicles is very poor reliablity. Like many Mazda products these days, they are largely constructed with parts sourced from Ford's supply system. If you look at the latest rating on CR's website, there are no Mazda's built in the US that are no well below average on reliablity.

Given that you own a Subbie, and are now cross-shopping Lexus and Acura, I'd guess reliability is one of your primary concerns. So, that should scratch Mazda products off the list.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:03 PM
10th Gear

Those of you who have written that the RDX is noisy: how noisy? Noisy only on sprited acceleration/turbo, or noisy at highway cruise? In normal driving, would it affect conversation with a passenger?
Old 10-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by darth62
Both MAZDA SUVs - the CX-7 and CX-9 have made their way onto Consumer Reports "Not recommended list." The main problem with both vehicles is very poor reliablity. Like many Mazda products these days, they are largely constructed with parts sourced from Ford's supply system. If you look at the latest rating on CR's website, there are no Mazda's built in the US that are no well below average on reliablity.

Given that you own a Subbie, and are now cross-shopping Lexus and Acura, I'd guess reliability is one of your primary concerns. So, that should scratch Mazda products off the list.
huh? was that for me? If so, did you actually READ my post?
Old 10-27-2007, 08:12 PM
B A N N E D

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
WTF. The CX-7 and 9 are BUILT IN JAPAN, and SO IS THE 3.7 V6(ford sourced, yes), HARDLY ANYTHING IS SHARED WITH FORD ON THE NEW CX-9 and 7! GET IT RIGHT!

Who gives a crap about CR, the CX-9 is VERY reliable, get it from the owners, pal, not some crap a** publication that said the Toyota V6 was reliable. The CX-7, had lots of first year kinks, nothing SERIOUSLY off putting like engines blowing up. The later builds, and NEW 08's have shown good short term reliability so far. CR is such a joke, the Entourage which is the SAME as the Sedona, is now "least reliable", WTF?!?!?!!?!?. Not to mention the surveys are limited to subscribers.

AND incase YOU didn't know the LONG TERM(THE RELIABILITY THAT MATTERS!) IS both UNPROVEN for the RDX and CX-7. GET OFF IT.(the DISI however, has shown great reliability.)
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Not an Ashtray

huh? was that for me? If so, did you actually READ my post?
Sorry. I meant that for the OP, not you. I apologize for the confusion.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Not an Ashtray

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.
Actually, the CX7 is 60% below average in terms of reliability. And, if you look at the tables in CR, you will see the longterm reliability of the entire Acura line (we're talking over seven or eight years) is excellent.

Nearly every Mazda is well below average in reliability. In fact, the only Mazdas recommended by CR at this point are the M3 and four cylinder M6.

Congratulations on your purchase. You spent 3 thousand less than the other posters on this board, and bought one of the least realiable vehicles in it's class.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:18 PM
B A N N E D

Actually, the CX7 is 60% below average in terms of reliability. And, if you look at the tables in CR, you will see the longterm reliability of the entire Acura line (we're talking over seven or eight years) is excellent.

Nearly every Mazda is well below average in reliability. In fact, the only Mazdas recommended by CR at this point are the M3 and four cylinder M6.

Congratulations on your purchase. You spent 3 thousand less than the other posters on this board, and bought one of the least realiable vehicles in it's class.
Darth, SAVE ME FROM MY UNRELIALBE CX-7, ITS BEEN IN THE SHOP ONCE, OMFG I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, SAVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE spare me, My CX-7 has been nothing but reliable. Again 1.2 million people predicting the reliablity from horrible surveys, again SPARE me.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Not an Ashtray

Darth, SAVE ME FROM MY UNRELIALBE CX-7, ITS BEEN IN THE SHOP ONCE, OMFG I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, SAVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE spare me, My CX-7 has been nothing but reliable. Again 1.2 million people predicting the reliablity from horrible surveys, again SPARE me.
Those surveys are actually excellent. They correlate highly with repair claims, for example.

In my experience, the only ones who reject those data are indivduals such as yourself - car owners who made a stupid decission and now have to make themselves feel better by denying the truth.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:36 PM
B A N N E D

Those surveys are actually excellent. They correlate highly with repair claims, for example.

In my experience, the only ones who reject those data are indivduals such as yourself - car owners who made a stupid decission and now have to make themselves feel better by denying the truth.
The comments that you make show me that you're nothing but some blinded CR reader that thinks they are GODS. The Surveys are NOT standardized, HORRIBLE way to survey reliability!
If I wanted anything, I would go out any buy it, right now.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:05 PM
B A N N E D

Sorry. I meant that for the OP, not you. I apologize for the confusion.
And just an FYI for you, the OP wasn't even considering the CX-7 so your inputs are worthless.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Instructor

I dunno.. i think that Consumer Reports is pretty credible, AP. Don't fall into the trap of being so invested in your point of view that you denigrate another.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:16 PM
Irvine, CA

I dunno.. i think that Consumer Reports is pretty credible, AP. Don't fall into the trap of being so invested in your point of view that you denigrate another.

Just ignore the guy. He goes through each thread and links sources that support his claims, but when another reputable source does the opposite, he dismisses them as unreliable and does a dramatic post just like he did above.

He calls us fanboys, yet he's the one in an acurazine rdx forum touting whatever RDX competition is for the day, from the RX330 to the X3 and EX- Yet, he owns a mazda cx-7.

You would think that a RDX kicked his grandma and stole his girldfriend or something to become such a hater- at a friggen car at that.

Just don't feed the troll.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:44 PM
B A N N E D

I'm not a hater, Clearly I'm trolling because I just mention how the CX-7 is just gobs better than the RDX in nearly all of my posts, right.

CR has been proven as uncredible, like their ways of testing accident avoidance, the methods they use to survey people, and the baby seat thing, and now the Toyota thing.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:55 AM
XIS
Lizard King

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Spy - you nailed it. She is such a troll and such a nonsensical hater.
Jealousy..... It sure makes her look even uglier than her mirror I am sure does.

Don't feed the little girl trolls.... Anyone touting a Ford or a Mazduh has a frickin screw loose. Ignoring her improves this place a ton.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:43 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by XIS
Spy - you nailed it. She is such a troll and such a nonsensical hater.
Jealousy..... It sure makes her look even uglier than her mirror I am sure does.

Don't feed the little girl trolls.... Anyone touting a Ford or a Mazduh has a frickin screw loose. Ignoring her improves this place a ton.
You have no clue what a Hater is( I surely can show you one ), your honDUH has nothing on the EX.
Don't worry I get my nails done at the same place you do.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:18 AM
Instructor

well, THAT was productive.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:22 AM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
haha AP has more posts than me and i actually own an RDX
Old 10-29-2007, 01:16 AM
Future RDX Owner in 2009

I don't understand how almost all posts regarding the RDX's features become a "Meet the Press" like debate about the RDX versus other vehicles.

Quick Reply: Intro - and ... shopping for an RDX