Interesting Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 10:42 PM
MKT
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting Problem

Took my 2007 RDX in to the dealer because the Nav screen would not switch to the Audio display when I pushed the Audio switch. It would display the Audio screen for a second then go back to the navi map. Dealer said it needed the Navigation Software upgrade but it was on Nationwide backorder for 2 weeks!! Funny thing, I called Acura Customer Service and it showed up the next day!! Upgrading the Software didn't fix the problem. Took it in again and they reset the system and that didn't work so they ordered a new audio-nav control unit installed it and the whole thing shut down. The factory tech group is stumped so they said to take a control unit out of a new RDX on the lot and install it in my RDX!! This will happen tomorrow. Has anybody experienced this problem?
Old 07-23-2008, 09:29 AM
Banned

I haven't experienced this complete melt down but what is happening with my '08 is that more and more often on start-up, the Nav screen doesn't turn on at all. The splash screen doesn't come on, and pushing the Map or Audio button or putting the vehicle in reverse doesn't get the screen to turn on either.

Only after repeatedly pressing the button that controlls the day/night/off output of the screen will it come on.

This used to happen only every other week or so but now it's several times per day. Anyone else experience this problem, and if so, what did you do to solve it?

Keep us posted with your situation and how it develps and gets solved.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:20 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had the garbled screen happen once, and reverse, park, reverse, did not fix it. I turned off the engine, waited 15 seconds, started again, and it happened again; repeated the start up, and it eventually stopped. This hasn't happened again. Weird, rare problem, but I am sure this glitch will happen again.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by k23a1
I had the garbled screen happen once, and reverse, park, reverse, did not fix it. I turned off the engine, waited 15 seconds, started again, and it happened again; repeated the start up, and it eventually stopped. This hasn't happened again. Weird, rare problem, but I am sure this glitch will happen again.
I had this too on my 2007. Happened once and then never again.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:58 PM
MKT
Intermediate

Finally got my RDX back today. Dealer installed new Navi Control Unit which didn't cure the problem so they installed a new Radio Control Unit which has cured the problem so far. Had to wait an extra day because the tech ordered another Navi unit rather than a Radio unit. Both units are Acura Reconditioned. Glen Aizawa of Los Gatos Acura near San Jose, CA. is the greatest Service Writer ever. He is very polite very accomodating and feels very bad when things don't get corrected the first time. Always gives me an Acura Loaner car rather than a rental car. If any of you live in the San Jose Area and need your Acura Serviced go to Los Gatos Acura and ask for Glen.