I had the wrong keys for my new RDX!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down I had the wrong keys for my new RDX!!!

After purchased the RDX for just 1 day, and I had to get back to the dealer, coz they mixed up my keys with another RDX :-(. When I picked up my car the other day, the salesman was trying to use one of the remote, it didn't work, so he used another one, that one worked, and he said he would fix it later, but of course he forgot.

I went home and tried to use the spare key (not the master key), it didn't work neither. Went to the dealer today @ 3:50pm, thought it was just some activation problem, won't take too long, but turned out it was a bigger problem, they had switched my keys with another RDX, and had to make me another set of keys. I was waiting @ the dealer for more than an hour, I wished they could have told me it would take longer than 15 minutes, so that I can just go back to the office and come back later, or they could at least offer me a loaner car, now I had to working in the office and catch up my work.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Think of it this way, you only paid for one RDX, but you got the keys to two RDXs! Now if you could just figure out where the other one is.....
Old 12-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Intermediate

:angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire Oh well, another RDX owner probably think the same way, then I'm at risk :angryfire.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by hellokitty
:angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire Oh well, another RDX owner probably think the same way, then I'm at risk :angryfire.
Well thats looking at it as the glass being half empty...

Seriously though, shouldn't you make pohanka find the original keys for you, or re-key the car? The remotes are one thing, you can deprogram your car for the missing remote, but there are two keys out there that open and start your vehicle.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Intermediate

They did re-program the keys for me, the other person who had my keys won't be able to start the engine, but I still don't like the idea that the person who had my keys still can acess to my car and I cannot leave any thing in my car, that really makes me very MAD!!!
Old 12-04-2006, 09:55 AM
Intermediate

Angry Had the wrong VIN number as well

Originally Posted by sasair
Well thats looking at it as the glass being half empty...

Seriously though, shouldn't you make pohanka find the original keys for you, or re-key the car? The remotes are one thing, you can deprogram your car for the missing remote, but there are two keys out there that open and start your vehicle.

How can they make mistakes like that!!!
Old 12-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How can they make mistakes like that!!!
These people are SELLING the cars, not MAKING the cars.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Intermediate

So unprofessional !!!
Old 12-04-2006, 11:56 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i almost had a similar experience. the sales guy showed me my vehicle & then gave me the book & keys. while i was waiting for the paperwork, i noticed the vin number on a key (only the one with a tag). i already knew my vin for insurance purposes. i told the sales guy that the key tag was not my vin. he first said that someone just mixed up the label. i insisted he go back to double check. he came back with apologies & three new keys!!
Old 12-05-2006, 09:02 AM
Intermediate

Good 4 u....

Originally Posted by jbinnyc
i almost had a similar experience. the sales guy showed me my vehicle & then gave me the book & keys. while i was waiting for the paperwork, i noticed the vin number on a key (only the one with a tag). i already knew my vin for insurance purposes. i told the sales guy that the key tag was not my vin. he first said that someone just mixed up the label. i insisted he go back to double check. he came back with apologies & three new keys!!

I went back to the dealer last nite and complained about the keys and VIN # issue with another sales manager, he was very nice and finally he agreed to give me 6 yr/70,000 mi Acura care warranty for free, that was a happy ending, and I feel much better now.

Just my , the so call gold level sales don't normally have good customer relationship, they don't care about their customers after they had their business, don't know how they get to the gold level, my sales person was terrible, after he got my business, he treated me very badly.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

I went back to the dealer last nite and complained about the keys and VIN # issue with another sales manager, he was very nice and finally he agreed to give me 6 yr/70,000 mi Acura care warranty for free, that was a happy ending, and I feel much better now.

Just my , the so call gold level sales don't normally have good customer relationship, they don't care about their customers after they had their business, don't know how they get to the gold level, my sales person was terrible, after he got my business, he treated me very badly.
Awesome kitty! Glad to see you got something out of it!

In Acura dealership cases I think they reach gold by getting lots of repeat business. Once you go Acura you never go.....wait that's something else, but you get the point. Doesn't really matter how bad the sales guy is. The product is good enough on its own. Unfortunately, some sales people know this and it explains the bad service after the sale, but I have had good experiences with pohanka sales people before and after the sale. hope you let the sales manager that hooked you up with the extended warranty know about your sales person. there's really no excuse for bad treatment after a sale. You just put food on his table! Maybe they took the cost of the warranty out of his commission...
Old 12-06-2006, 10:58 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sasair
Awesome kitty! Glad to see you got something out of it!

In Acura dealership cases I think they reach gold by getting lots of repeat business. Once you go Acura you never go.....wait that's something else, but you get the point. Doesn't really matter how bad the sales guy is. The product is good enough on its own. Unfortunately, some sales people know this and it explains the bad service after the sale, but I have had good experiences with pohanka sales people before and after the sale. hope you let the sales manager that hooked you up with the extended warranty know about your sales person. there's really no excuse for bad treatment after a sale. You just put food on his table! Maybe they took the cost of the warranty out of his commission...
Thanks, sasair!!! I did complain about that sales person in front of all the sales managers. I told them I won't give them good survey for that sales person, but I would give good survey for other sales and the sales manager who treated me nice. That sales manager told me he switched the sales person for me, and I would not need to deal with that sales person again, that made me feel much better, now I can give them good survey.