Hello Acura/RDX community

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 09:45 AM
RDXing

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Hello Acura/RDX community

Hello!

I am a new member here and want to say hi to everyone. I joined because I am considering buying a CPO RDX. We are moving from Brooklyn to NJ, so wife needs a smaller SUV (we currently have an Odyssey, which we love). Having looked at the new SUVs (CRV, 13 Escape, CX5, etc), we think we can get a better value with a 09+ RDX. Any advice would ge greatly appreciated!

Cheers!!
Old 07-16-2012, 11:21 AM
KCCO

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Welcome

personally, I'm not partial to the front end of the '10-'12 but to each his own.

What kind of options do you want with this car?
Do you want the tech package?
Do you want it in awd?

I mean its not alot to choose from but still those factors will influence price and mpg (with SH-AWD)
The following users liked this post:
Last Acura (07-16-2012)
Old 07-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Such a gas hog. If you like the size of the RDX get yourself a CrV. Trading my RDX off for a new G. Same mpg's, no body roll and 100 more horses.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:08 PM
RDXing

Originally Posted by 08FLrdxSH-AWD
Welcome

personally, I'm not partial to the front end of the '10-'12 but to each his own.

What kind of options do you want with this car?
Do you want the tech package?
Do you want it in awd?

I mean its not alot to choose from but still those factors will influence price and mpg (with SH-AWD)
I don't need tech package, but do want the AWD, so the 10-12 FWD is out. I don't mind the 10-12 look, actually, both looks good to me, just a bit different.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:13 PM
KCCO

Well then you are looking into some issues with mpg's with the all wheel drive. All-in-all though, I love this car. keep us posted on what you find
Old 07-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hijack this thread but rather than begin a new thread, I'm considering to trade in my '05 TL w/ Navi for a certified pre-owned RDX, preferably a '10-'11 model with Tech pkg.

In addition to what 'Last Acura' has asked...I'd like to add a couple questions:

1. Any known issues/problems with the RDX that I should be aware of?

2. Being that the turbo was a first for Acura and now replaced in the new RDX with a V6, should I be hesitant because they no longer use the turbo 4cyl? Was this a bad engine?

3. How is the quality of the leather interior?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-19-2012, 01:42 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Last Acura
Hello!

I am a new member here and want to say hi to everyone. I joined because I am considering buying a CPO RDX. We are moving from Brooklyn to NJ, so wife needs a smaller SUV (we currently have an Odyssey, which we love). Having looked at the new SUVs (CRV, 13 Escape, CX5, etc), we think we can get a better value with a 09+ RDX. Any advice would ge greatly appreciated!

Cheers!!
I guess that what I would ask is why change the Oddy? In so many ways "better than the RDX.
If you are looking for something that's sporty(er), yes, the RDX will provide that, at the cost of greatly reduced fuel economy, interior room, ride quality and comfort.
If you are set on buying the RDX, there are not that many things to look out for, check that the regular maintenance was performed, and other than that, the car is pretty solid.

Originally Posted by runninlow3
Sorry to hijack this thread but rather than begin a new thread, I'm considering to trade in my '05 TL w/ Navi for a certified pre-owned RDX, preferably a '10-'11 model with Tech pkg.

In addition to what 'Last Acura' has asked...I'd like to add a couple questions:

1. Any known issues/problems with the RDX that I should be aware of?

2. Being that the turbo was a first for Acura and now replaced in the new RDX with a V6, should I be hesitant because they no longer use the turbo 4cyl? Was this a bad engine?

3. How is the quality of the leather interior?

Thanks in advance!
1. Not really
2. Not a bad engine. Most of us on the board wonder why not continue to develop the turbo 4 like all the other manufacturers are doing. I think that in four years on the board I only saw one post of someone's turbo failing? am I right? I don't think that you'll have troubles finding parts, unless you are planning to keep the car for 20 years.
3. Not great
Old 07-20-2012, 07:18 AM
KCCO

^^^ Agree with everything said there
Old 07-20-2012, 07:50 AM
RDXing

Originally Posted by wrestrepo
I guess that what I would ask is why change the Oddy? In so many ways "better than the RDX.
If you are looking for something that's sporty(er), yes, the RDX will provide that, at the cost of greatly reduced fuel economy, interior room, ride quality and comfort.
If you are set on buying the RDX, there are not that many things to look out for, check that the regular maintenance was performed, and other than that, the car is pretty solid.
Thanks for the info.

The RDX is mainly for the wife to drive around town for errands and picking up our kid. Our Ody is actually quite old (2005), but very low mileage (26k, the mechanic just lectured me to drive the car more often) because we only drive it several times a month (living in NYC/Brooklyn). We are moving to a NJ suburb so a 2nd car is needed and I will drive the Ody everyday for commuting to/from the train station. Hopefully I will rack up some miles

We test drove a 2013 Escape (lol@1.6L ecoboost recall) and pricing out a similarly optioned will be well over 35k! I don't like the other alternatives (Sportage, CRV, RAV4) and they aren't much cheaper either. I really like everything about a CPO RDX, the only negative I can think of is the low MPG but since we won't be using it for long trips, it won't be a problem. Plus the used market is pretty favorable!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:14 AM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Last Acura
Thanks for the info.

The RDX is mainly for the wife to drive around town for errands and picking up our kid. Our Ody is actually quite old (2005), but very low mileage (26k, the mechanic just lectured me to drive the car more often) because we only drive it several times a month (living in NYC/Brooklyn). We are moving to a NJ suburb so a 2nd car is needed and I will drive the Ody everyday for commuting to/from the train station. Hopefully I will rack up some miles

We test drove a 2013 Escape (lol@1.6L ecoboost recall) and pricing out a similarly optioned will be well over 35k! I don't like the other alternatives (Sportage, CRV, RAV4) and they aren't much cheaper either. I really like everything about a CPO RDX, the only negative I can think of is the low MPG but since we won't be using it for long trips, it won't be a problem. Plus the used market is pretty favorable!
Good luck with the search. This is (was for me) a very fun car to drive. I've always said that I wouldn't buy a first production year car, but got a CPO RDX and had no issues with it, it was even a dealer demo so you know it wasn't babied. Getting a first year ford? Maybe not. Definitely in this category the RDX is the most bang/fun for your buck