Getting good deals BELOW list price

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 05:44 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting good deals BELOW list price

I am curious, since my feeling is that Acura is actually going to pump out plenty of supply production of this vehicle that what most people may think to jump at paying list price from being scared of supply vs demand, may in fact be the opposite of wat we think. Based on several dealers telling me they will be getting daily shippments of the RDX with only 3 to 5 day wait times, I feel their is ample supply.

If this is true, then we can attempt to get a better than list price deal on one. I am planning to go to 3 or 4 dealers and provide them with the exact specs of what I want. Then tlel them they will be one of 4 dealers making a blind offer (bid) for my sale. The best offer gets my sale. Period! If they want to make a sale they will make an offer maybe just slightly above their cost. The bottom line is that if they dont get my sale, they make nothing. And they also do not check off another car sold for their monthly or yearly volume spiffs and incentives from Acura.

Has anyone on this board been able to get a deal below retail price? If so, how much less? What dealer? What State?

I seriously think we can be the Bear market to these Bullish dealers. They can order my car exactly how I want it and make a sale. I dont need to get the car right away off their lot of whats in inventory. Especially since they will want to move those at list. But my order is an order.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:59 PM
Intermediate

Where are you from??? how many dealers are around you eric?
Old 08-11-2006, 07:03 PM
8th Gear

I am in NJ and there are 4 dealers within a 20 mile radius from my home.

Also,
Based on a comparison of retail price to dealer invoice price for other Acura models, the dealer markup is about 9-10 points from invoice. (Actually I calculated the majority of models to be about 9.9). So if you take the retail cost of the RDX/tech ($36,496) and multiply it by .901 (point 901 - representing 90.1% of the list price), you end up with $32,881. That represents the dealer cost (not including all those volume incentives and spiffs).

So if the car costs the dealer $32,881, I would be willing to offer $1000 over this price plus the full $670 B.S. destination charge that no one negotiates. That leaves me with buying the Tech RDX for $34,551.

In addition, the accessories I want (including upgraded rims) total $4142. Now everyone knows accessories yield high margins. (usually 50 points, meaning dealer cost is half list). I would be willing to offer 75% of list (hey everyone has to make a profit, so why not meet in the middle). Now the $4142 in accessories costs me $3106.

So now the car that lists at $41,307 with accessories will cost me $37,657 (plus tax). I saved $3650. And the dealer made $2035 ($1000 on the car and $1035 on access). And we didnt even scratch the surface of what Acura gives out in incentives and spiffs to the dealers.

With this formula everybody WINS! But if the dealre says no. Guess what. He loses. He does not make an extra $2035 + spiffs. So its either $2035 or ZERO for him.

Personally, I dont think the value of the RDX is worth its list price. but for $3000 less, it would be a sweet spot for a fully loaded RDX. Otherwise I am going to consider buying an fx35 for a little more $. The FX35 (even though is not apples to oranges) offers much more for a fraction more money.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Advanced

hey, sounds like a good idea. let me know how it works out
Old 08-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by eric815
With this formula everybody WINS! But if the dealre says no. Guess what. He loses. He does not make an extra $2035 + spiffs. So its either $2035 or ZERO for him.
But if the dealer thinks he can sell that RDX to the guy right behind you for MSRP, still get his sale, and make an extra $3600, there's no way in the world he'd take your deal. Good luck... it never hurts to try, but I have a feeling that you're not going to have a lot of success with a vehicle that literally just came out this week.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:00 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah good luck man!
Old 08-12-2006, 08:05 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by jaobrien6
But if the dealer thinks he can sell that RDX to the guy right behind you for MSRP, still get his sale, and make an extra $3600, .

This is why I I make it clear to the dealer that he can keep his cars that he has on the lot and sell those to the walk-ins that want ot pay retail. Since Acura seems to be dishing out the supply, I will have my dealer place an order for my car instead from Acura. So if the dealer was planning on ordering 15 cars for the next batch, he now orders 16. That way he still gets his 15 units and my unit #16 doesnt sit on his lot. Its already sold. And he gets to profit $2032 from me. These cars are built in Ohio, not Germany. So they wont be pulling that 4-6 month waiting list crap. I am guessing at most I will only be waiting 4 weeks. Thats good enough for me if I can save $3600. (Plus $252 in extra tax).

Heading to the dealers this morning. Will keep you all posted.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:31 AM
Instructor

This is why I I make it clear to the dealer that he can keep his cars that he has on the lot and sell those to the walk-ins that want ot pay retail. Since Acura seems to be dishing out the supply, I will have my dealer place an order for my car instead from Acura. So if the dealer was planning on ordering 15 cars for the next batch, he now orders 16. That way he still gets his 15 units and my unit #16 doesnt sit on his lot. Its already sold. And he gets to profit $2032 from me. These cars are built in Ohio, not Germany. So they wont be pulling that 4-6 month waiting list crap. I am guessing at most I will only be waiting 4 weeks. Thats good enough for me if I can save $3600. (Plus $252 in extra tax).

Heading to the dealers this morning. Will keep you all posted.

From what my dealer has told me, they're only getting a certain number alotted to them and only 40% of that alotment will be with the tech package.

But let us know what your dealer says...I need to call mine and find out why A) they haven't gotten any in or B) why they haven't called me to let me know they have.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:54 AM
Intermediate

Here is the thing...There isn't as much mark up as you caculated. 328551 or whatever is not the invoice. Its more than that, there is no incentive money on this car. Auto manufacturers put out incentive money on cars they have trouble moving. You might be able to get like an 06 MDX for some crazy discount because there is incentive money but there is no incentive money on this car yet. No to mention there might be a way for you to save a few hundred dollars, but right now I am instructed to sell this car for about 2k over MSRP on the internet. My internet price is a thousand off adendum, and the problem is I won't sell it for less because I only have 4 of them. Why would i give away a car when I only have 4 opportunities to make money on them. The dealers aren't going to compete man, they don't care.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:57 AM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

It doesn't work like that. Why wouldn't the dealer just order an extra 3 or 14 or 25 for that matter? What you say makes sense for a layman but it doesn't work like that.

So if the dealer was planning on ordering 15 cars for the next batch, he now orders 16. That way he still gets his 15 units and my unit #16 doesnt sit on his lot. Its already sold.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:56 PM
Intermediate

you can only get what Honda is willing to give you. You get a certain amount depending on how many vehicles you sell...Our dealership really pushed to sell MDXs because we get 2 points for an RDX allocation for every 1 MDX.

When we sell an MDX we are now allowed to get 2 Rdx's in its place. However If you called me up and asked me for a number on a NEW rdx im going to tell you about 2 k over MSRP because we have more in town than anyone else.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,005 Likes on 534 Posts
eric, your idea is hardly new and hardly original. The problem with your plan is that even if Acura plans to sell around 40,000 RDX's per year, when you consider the number of dealerships that the number is spread between, each dealer will only be getting fewer than 10 RDX's per month. They can't just order whatever number or units they feel like, the allocation of new models is based on previous years total sales, SUV sales etc. as Acura tries to place the most units in the dealerships who are most likely to sell them. At least for the first 6 months when the demand is the highest, any dealer would be foolish to sell a hot selling new car to you for $3000 less than all of the other units are selling for. Once the "bloom is off the rose", so to speak, in 6 - 12 months and dealerships find themselves with RDX's sitting in inventory on the lots, THEN you will be able to get a deal. Right now, I would expect that all four of the dealerships in your area would either laugh in your face, or advise you to return in 6 months to a year if you are expecting a discount.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:36 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
So Eric, where are you? Driving around in your new FX35 I suspect.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:10 PM
Jew Boy

I think eric will find that the dealer will let him leave with that order. I have been with Acura since 1993 and have seen new models roll of teh assembly line a few times. New body TL 3x's new RL MDX etc.... I can remember when i had a list of orders for 1999 TL's about 35 deep for me alone. We had 6 sales people with similar situations. The RDX will stay at list price. I have recieved calls from clients from different areas near us asking for money off we are saying I'm sorry Mr or Mrs. so and so The RDX is List. example Go and try and buy a Civic SI List New fit from Honda List. Eric will have to purcahse a different product if he is looking for a deal. The deal right now is the MDX. My dealership is in SC if you need to contact me you can email me here I check everyday.

Sorry for the bad news to all who are perspective Acura Buyers.

PS I have owned 6 acuras since 1993 I purchased one of teh first 2004 TL Navis from the dealership and i paid close to list for mine. If you have to have the best and be the first then you pay the VIG.

Jewbin
Old 08-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Intermediate

Think about this...The residual is so hight right now, that profit you are paying you are going to get back out of it when you trade anyway. I believe its like 64% for 36 monhts if you average 12k miles a year. This means as long as you dont put some weird kinda mileage on this car it will deppreciate at 1% per month.

1% of the value of the car is 380 bucks. Well think thats a really nice lease payment... of course that requires some money down to cover the fees and such, I think about 4 grand, and it doesnt include interest but even if you are making the payments on it, its still going to be worth a lot of money when you are done.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:51 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by MR1
So Eric, where are you? Driving around in your new FX35 I suspect.
I was going to recommend the same thing. They have an excellent 12 month lease program for the FX. Lease one and then try to get an RDX in a year.

Honda is under severe capacity restraints. With new models debuting and increased demand, they have not been able to meet market demands for their cars. 40,000 units was mentioned above as the production target for the RDX. I do not believe that is enough and feel you will be hard pressed to see them just "sitting on the lot."

Also your math is a bit skewed. The markup in accessories may be 50% but 40% of it is going to the parts department, not the new car sales department. Sales people and managers get paid off new car profit, not service and parts.

Best of luck with your endeavor.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:10 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by asumatt06
I was going to recommend the same thing. They have an excellent 12 month lease program for the FX. Lease one and then try to get an RDX in a year.

Best of luck with your endeavor.

Ok,

I went to a few dealers with my proposal on Saturday and got turned away just as you all said with the "come back in 6 months". Now mind you I had test drove the car also at 2 dealers that day and really wasn't all that impressed with the vehicle to have to pay $41k for the car with accessories. Ok maybe $39k if I leave out the nice wheels. But for that money, the car better sing to me and have power seats for passenger, auto rear mirror, etc. Putting those little ammenities aside, I drove the RDX adn found the car to be sluggish off of Zero. Once it was rolling, the turbo would kick in and it was pretty quick with great handling. However, that off the line hesitation really killed my desire for this vehicle. In addition, the 4 cylinder really screamed as if it was being overworked. To top it off, this one dealer in Springfield NJ just filled up the car with regular gas. Who the heck puts regular gas in a Turbo. Well not only was it a lil more sluggish than the other dealers RDX, but I also heard the engine knock. Dealers just trying to save a buck here and there by using regular in a 'super only' car pisses me off. The car's right auto mirror was also broken. So much for quality control.

So I then wen to the Infiniti dealre to drive the FX35 and I fell in love! He has coming in an FX35 w/AWD, Touring package and Bluetooth for $39,500 (about $2700 off list). Now 39,500 is just a couple of dollars more than the RDX, but offers SO MUCH more. Better performance, awesome handling, solid roadfeel, uses regular gas, comes with dual power seats, auto rear mirror, Motorized telescoping steering wheel, Intelligent key that lets me open doors and start car without using a key (radio waves), rear seats recline, nicer stock wheels than RDX, roof rack, memory seats, etc. So much more bang for the buck. This FX was refreshed for 2006 (its 4th model year), but is far superior to the RDX. The only option I didnt have for the price was the Technology package: rear view camera (dont care for it), auto white line beeper (annoying), and GPS (I can get a great Garmin for $600).

I am sold on the FX35. If anyone has any great deals let me know. BTW, whats your lease deal on it. My dealer says 12 months at $299 and $4k down. I thought that was a little high to use the car for $7600 for 1 year. Another dealer seems to have $269/mo and $1k down which seems much better, but I havent spoken to them yet (saw the deal online). I may just do a 1yr lease and get the 08 FX when it comes out.

Cheers!
And anyone interested in the RDX, check out the FX. More for your $$$. Smooth powerful V6, not a 4 banger trying to pull 4000 lbs off the line. IMHO, Acura should have went with a V6. the four is a big mistake and that will bite them in the a$$ when they sit on the lot in 6 months. Especially since its the same gas mileage as a regular unleaded FX and other V6 driven vehicles.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:30 AM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
So I then wen to the Infiniti dealre to drive the FX35 and I fell in love! He has coming in an FX35 w/AWD, Touring package and Bluetooth for $39,500 (about $2700 off list).
Are you sure that you checked the price for the FX35? The list price for FX35 with AWD, tech package etc. will come to about $46K.

Please do bear in mind that the FX35 is a few years old, so of course the Infiniti dealers are happy to make a deal with you.

To me, the FX is more in the class of the MDX.

BTW, if you got the unrealistic deal that you were hoping for the RDX, I wonder if you would have given the same review and critique?
Old 08-14-2006, 01:42 AM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

A rebadged Murano with terrible blind spots at the C pillar to me is not worth the money. But hey, if getting a 'good deal' is more important than getting the car you want then congradulations!
Old 08-14-2006, 04:49 AM
8th Gear

Please check your facts. The FX is not a rebadged Murano. Totally different platform.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:50 AM
8th Gear

But Hey, if you want a rebadged CRV with a four-banger pulling 4000 pounds. Then enjoy!
Old 08-14-2006, 05:45 AM
6MT G37

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
In my opinion, Fx>Rdx.
Im just not feeling the Rdx. Hate to say it but Acura Disappointed me there.
Oh well im happy with my tsx!
Good luck!
Old 08-14-2006, 06:59 AM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by jewbin
I think eric will find that the dealer will let him leave with that order. I have been with Acura since 1993 and have seen new models roll of teh assembly line a few times. New body TL 3x's new RL MDX etc.... I can remember when i had a list of orders for 1999 TL's about 35 deep for me alone. We had 6 sales people with similar situations. The RDX will stay at list price. I have recieved calls from clients from different areas near us asking for money off we are saying I'm sorry Mr or Mrs. so and so The RDX is List. example Go and try and buy a Civic SI List New fit from Honda List. Eric will have to purcahse a different product if he is looking for a deal. The deal right now is the MDX. My dealership is in SC if you need to contact me you can email me here I check everyday.

Sorry for the bad news to all who are perspective Acura Buyers.

PS I have owned 6 acuras since 1993 I purchased one of teh first 2004 TL Navis from the dealership and i paid close to list for mine. If you have to have the best and be the first then you pay the VIG.

Jewbin
Ahh, it was just a matter of time before the "slippery people" found this forum.

Beware low post newbies!
Old 08-14-2006, 12:22 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Please check your facts. The FX is not a rebadged Murano. Totally different platform.

You're so right... they look nothing alike:

Old 08-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by CL6
You're so right... they look nothing alike:
Come on... you can't be serious.

First of all, no, they don't look very much alike. No more than any other 2 SUV's from the same manufacturer.

Second of all, they are not on the same platform. The Murano is on the FF-L platform that it shares with the Altima and Maxima, the FX is on the FM platform that it shares with the G35 and the 350Z.

Finally, show me one luxury make (besides BMW) who's stable isn't filled with rebadged somethings. An MDX is just a rebadged pilot, an RDX is just a rebadged CRV, an RX350 is just a rebadge highlander, blah, blah blah.

Old 08-14-2006, 01:32 PM
Pro

Actually the Pilot is a rebadged MDX. You'll recall that the MDX came out first and then the Pilot a few years later. Similarily you will notice that the RDX came out before the new CRV, so technically the CRV is a rebadged RDX.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,005 Likes on 534 Posts
To steer away from the Acura versus Infiniti pissing contest and back to the topic at hand (getting a deal on an RDX), I recall when I was first shopping for an RL a couple of years ago, a gm at an Acura dealer told me that they had been "ordered" by Acura not to sell any RL's below full MSRP. I don't recall if this "order" was for the first 3, 6 or 9 months. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a similar edict from Acura regarding discounting the RDX. If they all hold firm, there are enough consumers who will pay the extra couple of thousand dollars rather than wait for 6 to 12 months for a deal.
P.S. Infiniti makes a good car - if they weren't so damn ugly, I might actually buy one.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TorontoTL
Actually the Pilot is a rebadged MDX. You'll recall that the MDX came out first and then the Pilot a few years later. Similarily you will notice that the RDX came out before the new CRV, so technically the CRV is a rebadged RDX.
Oh, I know, but people who talk about luxury car A being a rebadged version of regular car B don't usually bother to think that far through it. I was just stating the common arguments.

Originally Posted by hondamore
I recall when I was first shopping for an RL a couple of years ago, a gm at an Acura dealer told me that they had been "ordered" by Acura not to sell any RL's below full MSRP.
I hadn't heard that. Makes me wonder if they do that with all their brand new cars. We'll see good deals on the RDX eventually, but it's not going to be soon. MSRP is probably going to be the best we can hope for right now.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:25 PM
7th Gear

But Hey, if you want a rebadged CRV with a four-banger pulling 4000 pounds. Then enjoy!

Your right about the RDX. However, even more funny, in less then 2 months from now watch for a post about fuel mileage like "What kind of mileage are you getting in your RDX?" Everyone's going to be pissing and moaning about the poor mileage! I actually had one person on here say that you DO NOT always need put your foot into the "go pedal," 2.3L and forced induction and two tons of lard to motivate--lol! No thanks!

Not sure this guy realized that you need to spool a turbo before it produces power and this requires a firm and steady press of of the go pedal!
Old 08-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Intermediate

well...people are buying x3s and the x3 gets 17mpg along with less hp, less features, a crappy awd system that doesn't improve dry handling at all, less interior room, smaller wheels, smaller brakes, all at your local bmw dealership well equipped at $40,220.00 +DPI.

I appreciate the fact that you want a good deal but you are barking up the wrong tree. I like how some of you say you are dissapointed. Pay more for less car!

Now the infiniti comparably equipped for just the 35 is 46k. Not to mention that honda has listed a 64% residual on the RDX where as the bmw has a 49% for 36 months and the Infiniti has a 51%.

You should understand that even if you pay over sticker you are getting way way way more car for less money. So be dissapointed but how do you think the infiniti and BMW people felt when their comparable cars came out? Hopefully worse than you do, btw the way they sell a ton of those cars!

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2006, 03:30 PM
3rd Gear

The RDX IMO is solid vehicle. A little lag from a dead stop but keep the revs around 2k rpm is very responsive. The X3 is no competition, especially for the $$. The FX35 is 46k with comparable equip FYI...The RDX is on a whole new platform shared with nothing...the upcoming CRV will be on this platform but "rebadged" just to me seems a little insulting cause I'm sure the CRV will not be turbo,SHAWD,DVD audio,NAvi,Leather (std),Bluetooth,HID lights,18" wheels,etc.et,, warranty, and IMO not as stylish. The MDX/Pilot are same platforms but the MDX is soo much smoother, quieter, better style, and since 2001 has been the benchmark...and the Pilot I believe is the best SUV in its class from like car and driver or consumer rpts..if you don't need the "luxury" Pilot is a more affordable car except you can lease a base MDX cheaper than an EX Pilot right now.

If the RDX's popularity is anything like the MDX's be prepared to wait eventually 6 months and you should order sooner than later cause once the orders pile up for the dealers...the dealers will eventually put on a "market adjustment" or add accessories to their cars to make more $$. Some dealers already out to OCT. for tech pkg. depending on color. The RL demand is alright and yes the dealers were not dealing for only a short time but your talking the RDX in a total different market segment and $10k less money than the RL.

Ok bring it on. Like to hear comments
Old 08-14-2006, 10:03 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by sungtsx
The FX35 is 46k with comparable equip FYI...The RDX is on a whole new platform shared with nothing...the upcoming CRV
First off what you call "comparably equipped" FX35 for $6k is misleading because Dealers are offering the 2006 model for about $3k off. So now thats $43k. And at 43k you are getting a V6 that thrusts you from Zero (not 15), all way power passenger seat, dual memory for driver seat, reclining rear seat, firm gripping handling, auto dim rear mirror, roof rack, intelligent key (which kicks arse! No more using your key), auto cruise monitoring and lane monitoring, and so much more technology than you can throw a stick at. Now if you trim away the nav system and auto cruise monitoring/-in lane warning, you can get this vehicle for $39000.

Honestly I was all gung ho about the upcoming RDX since I saw it at the NY auto Show in April. I read up on it weekly and fell in love with it. I read all the forums and gossip and stared at the small mini brochure. Then the full size brochure came and I stared more. I then went to the dealer and drove it. Made my hard dik go limp! I had so much expectation for this RDX and the actual performance, braking and lack of standard features let me down. Even the flimsy plastic lip that overhangs from the tail door bottom made me think how many little details Acura overlooked. That lip should be solid. Not bendable.

I still respect and love the TSX and TL. I almost bought the TL, but I really needed a way to carry more storage. Even if I can just fold down the back seat. But I cant. So now I have decided on an FX, placed the deposit and plan to pick it up on Friday.

BTW, for all you uninformed about the FX: look what regular people like you and me have to say about it. 99% all LOVED it bar none. And said it was the most fun and reliable car they have had.

http://www.edmunds.com/used/2005/inf..._consumer.html
Old 08-15-2006, 06:51 AM
Smitty's Moral Police

The FX (and the completely unrelated Murano) has a very...unique...design. People who buy it are going to love it.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:16 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Yes the FX and Murano ARE unrelated. Thank you for pointing this out to me. They are not my cup of tea but some people like them.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:56 PM
Jew Boy

Originally Posted by lumpulus
Ahh, it was just a matter of time before the "slippery people" found this forum.

Beware low post newbies!

What a Ignorant Jerk. Not all dealers are Slippery. You dont know me or my reputation

Get a life.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Jeb
Advanced

Originally Posted by ISM Gray
Think about this...The residual is so hight right now, that profit you are paying you are going to get back out of it when you trade anyway. I believe its like 64% for 36 monhts if you average 12k miles a year. This means as long as you dont put some weird kinda mileage on this car it will deppreciate at 1% per month.

1% of the value of the car is 380 bucks. Well think thats a really nice lease payment... of course that requires some money down to cover the fees and such, I think about 4 grand, and it doesnt include interest but even if you are making the payments on it, its still going to be worth a lot of money when you are done.

Why is the residual for an RDX with NAV lower? ( I heard 59% compared with the 64% for the base model). And what area are you in? I know everyone is selling at MSRP, but I didn't hear about anyone selling for MORE than MSRP. Is this related to dealer add-ons you've put on? Thanks for your insight.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:27 AM
Slicker Than Your Average

Who in their right mind would pay MSRP for a 2007 Acura RDX ( no LED taillamps, no day / night rear-view mirror, no power passenger seat, no memory settings, no dual auto tilt-down in reverse outside mirrors, etc. )? Infiniti and Lexus have left Acura in their dust.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:11 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No worries Jewbin- at least the so-called 'slippery people' on here have a clue as to what they are selling which is more than I can say for most salesmen I've run into. I welcome the slippery folks because the informed ones have a little more insight than the rest of us.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by S L I C K
Who in their right mind would pay MSRP for a 2007 Acura RDX ( no LED taillamps, no day / night rear-view mirror, no power passenger seat, no memory settings, no dual auto tilt-down in reverse outside mirrors, etc. )? Infiniti and Lexus have left Acura in their dust.
Um...as someone who is very likely going to pay MSRP for a 2007 Acura RDX missing all those features you listed....one, I'm not a fan of Lexus/Toyota and not a really interested in seeing what Infiniti can do for me. Two, those items you listed are relatively minor. I don't see the taillamps, I'm getting the auto dimming mirror as an accessory, I don't sit in the passenger seat, I'm not so lazy I can't move my own seat (begrudingly), and the passenger mirror tilts down. I seldom have any need for the driver's side mirror to tilt down, in fact, that could be more dangerous because I can't see oncoming traffic if it did.

But if you'd like to talk about Lexus and Infiniti, how about you talk about how much more expensive they are just so that you can get those features?
Old 08-19-2006, 01:03 PM
Instructor

Not to mention, SLICK, that Infiniti still hasn't learned how to make an interior. Give Lexus all the credit you'd like because they really are great at what they do, but Infiniti has a long way to go.

(Not that Acura couldn't use to improve in a few key areas)

Quick Reply: Getting good deals BELOW list price