Enough with the surveys

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enough with the surveys

Bought RDX in January. In addition to the dealer questionaire, I've recently received three surveys -- one from Acura, two from JD Power -- which have lots of questions. While I like to express my view, this is getting ridiculous. Are any others out there being bombarded by survey requests?
Old 04-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Acuras since 1988

I was going to post on the same subject. When i bought my car, they made me sign a give up your privacy statement, which I signed just because I was anxious to get behind the wheel and go, now I know why. I've gotten surveys from JD Power ( which I filled out cause there the big one) then from Strategic vision, then Fisher Assoc then another, I stopped filling them out and now I trash them. WHAT KILLS ME is they say, this will take 15 to 20 minutes of your time, heres a crisp dollar bill for you. So my time is worth 3 bucks an hour? Screw them! If Acura wants to know about their cars they can look right here and find out
a lot of information, like Music Link stinks, and we want better MPG etc etc I'm not working for 3 bucks and hour. And thats my rant. Thanks for the post!!
Old 05-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Instructor

I got one from Acura and only one from JD Powers.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by chipt911
I got one from Acura and only one from JD Powers.
I'm up to about 6 now, from 4 different companies. Now they've asked me to join the 'Acura Advisory Panel'....which apparently just means more surveys. So after they ask me about how I'd improve the RDX, the next guy buying one gets all the benefit of my survey time? What do I get for my time? Just jealousy?

Mike
Old 05-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Racer

I bought my RDX last month. No surveys yet.

I suppose you should expect more than the usual number of surveys when you buy a car early in the first model year. The survey companies need a statistically significant sample and there aren't many owners to sample from yet.

If you don't like the surveys, you don't have to respond, right? Or ask them for more money for your time.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:41 PM
Trailingthrottleoversteer

I'm with ya mang!!!!!!!!!

Now I just pull the dollar out of the envelope and throw away the survey.

Here's a new one: I just got an email from Acura about taking an online survey! I'm temped to take some of the surveys and give wrong responses on purpose; car is slow, gas mileage is great, handles poorly, etc...
Old 05-02-2007, 03:16 AM
Cruisin'

When i was buying my car I put a big X and crossed out a bunch of areas for the privacy statement. I said NO to this bullcrap.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:33 AM
Instructor

Have received 4 surveys so far,I dont
mind filling them out,especially concerning
the worthless front cupholders!
Old 05-02-2007, 07:18 AM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by buckeye#1
Have received 4 surveys so far,I dont
mind filling them out,especially concerning
the worthless front cupholders!
But again, to who's benefit? Sure, it's nice to be able to complain about things we don't like, but in this case, there's zero chance of them doing anything FOR US. It just seems to me that they should offer us something for our time. A couple of the online surveys I got for this car offered me 50 bucks for my time - if I 'qualify'. Both of them asked me some up front questions, congratulated me for qualifying, then proceeded to ask the survey questions. After the very last question, it apologized and said I wasn't eligible - and didn't give a reason. I guess I'm a sucker. I won't be filling out any more.

Mike
Old 05-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Diggin' the RDX!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Amen, Mike. I did the Powers one as I looked at it as a chance to give my high opinion of the RDX, and that is it. No more. If they want to contract with me, my rate is $100/hr. I got one yesterday via email, also from "Acura Advisory Panel"; I clicked on it just for shits and grins...the first page had typos in it and did not even have a listing for my age group, LMAO. They had buttons for 16-25, 26-35, 46-55, etc. but no 36-45. And I'd guess there are a TON of 36-45 people with the RDX.

I sent them a reply to their original email saying they would be somewhat credible if they lost the typos and had all the age groups.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Trailingthrottleoversteer

Originally Posted by Pacer
Amen, Mike. I did the Powers one as I looked at it as a chance to give my high opinion of the RDX, and that is it. No more. If they want to contract with me, my rate is $100/hr. I got one yesterday via email, also from "Acura Advisory Panel"; I clicked on it just for shits and grins...the first page had typos in it and did not even have a listing for my age group, LMAO. They had buttons for 16-25, 26-35, 46-55, etc. but no 36-45. And I'd guess there are a TON of 36-45 people with the RDX.

I sent them a reply to their original email saying they would be somewhat credible if they lost the typos and had all the age groups.
I got the same one - the 36-45 group was at the bottom of the list. They are not in order.