Don't waste your time and money at Walker Acura, New Orleans

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't waste your time and money at Walker Acura, New Orleans

Let me start off by saying that in New Orleans, there is only one Acura Dealership and it is Walker Acura twenty miles from me, and here is my story about trying to buy an 09 RDX Tech.

Sat June 13th, 2009 - My girlfriend and I stop in at Walker Acura because I need to buy a car. My old car (03 Civic SI) I can't sit in very long because it hurts my back. We test drive a white 09 RDX Tech & black interior, with the sales woman Joyce. It was nice we took it down the interstate a couple of miles and came back. We sat down with Rober the Sales Manager, and he quoted me a price of $34,944 w/o the rims. Remember about the rims they will come in later in the story. Ok fine I told them I will get back with them about the deal because I need to make sure I can drive it with my back and I need to sell my Civic. My Civic had a about 12k in aftermarket parts including a turbo, so they wouldn't take it as a trade in, I expected that. Robert said that I could take an RDX out to drive next week for the day and leave my civic to see if any technitians want to buy it. So far at this point service was great.

Fri June 19th, 2009 - I go in early morning to Walker and drop off my Civic an take out an RDX because I had some business to do in that area. Rober was not in yet. I get in an RDX with 46 miles on it and the gas light is on. So I tell the guy who gave me the keys. He says Robert is the only one with a gas card. Well, I say I have an appointment so I am going to go and put gas in it myself. At this point I wasn't worried about paying for my own gas because I would have had to with my own car, and I was pretty sure I was going to buy a car from them. So, I put in $19.63 of gas in the car and put about 45 miles on it that day. When I returned the car I was ready to negotiate but Robert blew me off for some other customer or something else some salesman wanted him to do, so I left.

Mon June 22nd, 2009 - Joyce calls me to find out how did I like taking out the car for the day. I said it was fine, and I made these three points to her: "I am no longer waiting to sell my car to buy a new one, and I took out my brother's 08 TL for two days and my back was fine, also I noticed on the internet that people are buying the car in other cities for less than $34,900, can you have Robert call me back to discuss this, because I want to buy a car in my backyard before I go elsewhere." She said, "Sure."

The week goes buy and every time I call for either Robert or Joyce neither are in.

Mon June 29th, 2009 - Joyce calls me back. I tell her the same thing as before, and I added that I am ready to buy an RDX no matter who it is as long as it is the right price. She says, "I will have Robert call you back." Basically at this point I was looking to get a price between $33,000 & $33,500 and I would have taken it even though I was getting frustrated, because it was exactly what I wanted minus the rims. I just wanted them to be flexible, if not with the price then with the waranty.

Thurs July 2nd, 2009 - No call back from Robert. I call and get in touch with Joyce at this point. Before this they could only get in touch with me and I couldn't reach them. So Joyce is on the phone and she is stunned either because she forgot who I was or that Robert never called me back. She says Robert is not there and she will leave a note to definately call me back. At this point I am pissed. I want to buy a car and can't.

Fri July 3rd, 2009 - No call from Robert. I call him at 1PM. I tell him what is up. He says, "Yeah no problem, just let me finish some paper work and revisit the deal to get you another quote. I can beat Mobile, but not Houston. Can I call you back in two hours after I push through this paperwork." I say that is fine.

Well in the back of my mind I am thinking this guy is not going to call back. So, I got the fax #'s to all the acura dealers from Houston to Atlanta minus, New Orleans and Baton Rouge. I send a blanket fax to them all stating:

"My name is Joe Blow, and I would like your Best Bottom Line price before, tax and financing, on a 2009 RDX w/ Tech Pkg. I am a legitamate buyer and I am willing to travel from New Orleans to your location. Please repond by faxing your offer to me at (555)555-5555."

Seven went through except for one in Houston and Mobile.
Well within two hours I got a response back, but I was out of the office by then.

Mon July 6th, 2009 - I find my only response was from Champion Acura in Houston from the General Sales Manager Randy for $32,467 + TT&L. I noticed the time stamp, and it was two hours after I faxed it. I called Randy up, and said Randy, I was a little dissapointed when I recieved your offer. I have seen on the internet that the 09 RDX Techs have been going between 32,000 and 32,200, can you do anything about this. Randy replies, "Let me see, hold on." I hear him plugging at the calculator for about 30 seconds and comes back and says, "Yeah we can do $32,200." I say, "Great, lets do this, but I am worried about me coming to Houston and the price changes on me." He assures me that will not happen, and Jeremy will be calling me in the morning and we will start the process. At this point I am very impressed with Champion Acura.

Tues July 7th, 2009 - Jeremy calls me early in the morning. I tell Jeremy that the kicker for this deal to go down is the 2.9% 36mth financing, he says ok. Ten seconds later he says, "Oh no!" Then I say "Oh, no, what?" He says the 2.9% has expired YESTERDAY and I don't see the dealer cash anymore either. I ask, "So that means the price jumps up $2500, and I loose the financing huh?" He, says yeah. I ask if there is anyone who we could talk to about getting that price back, and he says no and we respectfully hang up.

At this point I was f'ing furrious because of my time being wasted by Walker Acura, and I now have to pay $4000 (dealer cash +financing) more to buy the car I want.

Wed July 8th, 2009 - I called Randy and asked if we can call the Acura Regional Sales Rep to find out if we can make this deal go through. He calls me back two hours later and says he can't get the deal even if he personally wanted to buy the car.

This concludes Part 1 of 3
Old 09-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Intermediate

At this point I am dealing with Champion Acura in Houston, and Jeremy is giving me great prices on a TL, and MDX, and even a price for the RL that my dad was thinking about buying. A week of communication with him in Houston, and I come to the conclusion that I will just wait on a 2010 RDX Tech if their is not a rebate on the 09's. So things start to settle down.

By now I don't remember exact dates.

Now it has been about a week and a half since acura canceled the dealer cash and financing special, and I get a call while I was taking a nap from guess who, Ryan at Walker Acura. Once he said Walker Acura I stopped him in his tracks and said "I have a BAD taste in my mouth from Walker Acura." And I proceeded to tell him the story going on for about 35 mins. He said, the reason he is calling is that Joyce is no longer with them and that he is following her leads to see if I still want to purchase a vehicle. He said Robert dropped the ball etc., it shouldn't have taken more than a week to sell me a car, etc., he was going to talk to the owner's son about this and find out what we can do about bringing down the price and stripping off the accessaries, etc. He then says he will call me back after he talkes to the owners son tomorrow. I say sure NP.

Tomorrow(Friday) comes, no phone call, Saturday no phone call,Monday I call him, and he was not in, because no way I am talking to Robert. Tuesday I have to call him again, I get him, and he says oh the paper work is on my desk, the owner's son is with some corporate people right now, I will definately call you tomorrow. Finally Ryan called me back on a Wed, six days after he first called me, and said ok I have some prices.

Before he started, I said, "Ryan before you start I just want you to realize that I have been waiting for over a month to get a second offer from Walker Acura, these better be some damn good prices." I am not lying I said this. So he procceeds and says I have prices with and w/o rims, and Robert isn't going to budge from these prices, he swore. I said ok, and he says $35,400. I said hold up that must be with the rims, and he says he wasn't sure. I said you better find out, because if not you just quoted me a higher price than your first price which was $34,900.

So he puts me on hold for a few minutes and comes back and says that price is without the rims and that they would honor the first price of $34,900.

At this point I am wondering why they said the lowest price Rober will go is 35,400 and then change thier tune to 34,900. And why the hell is Rober involved in this. I doubt they went to the owner or owner's son whoever. They are trying to play me for a fool, they have the market cornered because they are the only one in town, and I am not going to go for this.

I blew up. He asks me what price would I pay, and reply, "I know that Invoice price is $34,100 and you pay $33,000 for the car, and in this economy I will not pay anymore than Invoice Price for any car, and I know I can pay invoice because I have bought cars before at Invoice Price." Which I have, and it wasn't in this economy. He then says, "Oh so you don't want us to make any money." I said "No, you shouldn't make any money when the customer has been insulted like I have."

Ryan then starts these stupid sales tactic lines, like at 34,900 we would only be making 400 and I make 100 on commission, ect. He then says, "I need to feed my family."
I wanted to tell him, well you better get on that stick and sell some cars, but I didn't. He then goes, "Well, but I called you back, I called you back." So I replied, "Yeah you did, and that is the only reason why I am talking to you right now."

He got that point that I wasn't going to buy unless Invoice and then we hung up, and I personally haven't heard from Walker Acura since.

End of Part 2 of 3.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:26 AM
Intermediate

So, some time goes buy, and I tell some friends what happened. Champion Acura in Houston has ordered a white 2010 RDX Tech for me at this point, and with NO deposit. I also have a commitment from them to be flexible on the price since I was unable to get that deal from earlier. About now I am settled down about the whole thing with Walker, and I am Champion Acura's customer. Jeremy at Champion Acura tells me to wait till the car comes in to settle on the price, maybe Acura will come out with another deal like the 09's, financing or something like that. So, we haven't settle on a price for the 2010 yet, but they have one on order for me because of what happened with the deal falling through the last time.

Last week I was talking to one of my best friends, who was looking for a car, tells me that about a month ago he went to Walker Acura not knowing they were the only ones in town, even after I told him the story. He tells me they were talking with the Sales Manager about used cars, when the Sales Manager Robert says, "Yeah, everyone of our customers who leaves here is satisfied and we don't pressure people , etc." My friend says, "Well a friend of mine wasn't satisfied when he left." "Well who was your friend?" Robert asked. My friend then says my name. Robert then replies, "OH LET ME tell you about (my name here)." "He wanted to compare us to other markets like Houston and Alabama." "(my name here) is an unrealistic customer."

WTF, Walker Acura are the ones that are unrealistic, The wouldn't call me back, tried to play me for a fool, and insulted me. Well If I am such an unrealistic customer then why am I someone elses customer? Don't waist your time or money at Walker Acura. They have the market cornered because they are the only gig in town and they don't budge on thier prices.

To fly to Houston it is $100 one way before lunch time, and I would have saved $2,700 buying an 09 from Champion Acura. I do not know anyone who would not take that deal.
Even though I now have to pay more for a 2010 RDX at least it is with a dealership that treats me right and I can grow with. Because I am 25 and I know I will be purchasing more cars in the future. Champion Acura has bent over backwards for me.

I wonder now about when I need my car serviced. How will I be treated at Walker Acura? Part 4 Maybe! lol
Old 09-09-2009, 09:44 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess you really wanted a RDX. It was unfortunate that so much time was wasted on Walker and thus losing the cashback and financing. Did you cross-shop another vehicle?
Old 09-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Intermediate

Yeah, All the luxury vehicals that I priced ended up like $45K when I added the options AWD and Nav and the stuff to make comparable to the RDX-TECH. So I to me the RDX was the best bang for my buck especially when I saw how much people had been buying them for on this forum. Every non-luxury vehicle that I liked the look of, for example the CR-V didn't have the lumbar support I needed. All of the other Crossover vehicles didn't visually appeal to me except for the RDX, Audi's, GLK, CR-V, and Saturn Vue.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Too bad the Q5 and GLK was not out when I bought my RDX. The outcome may have been different.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:14 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
next time keep it short and sweet, avoid the unnecessary details such as putting a few bucks for gas in a car that you borrowed for the day....
Old 09-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Advanced

^^ A fellow member needed to vent (understandably) -- who better than us to lend an ear. I, for one, appreciate the details -- thanks BioCin.

Originally Posted by BioCin
Jeremy at Champion Acura tells me to wait till the car comes in to settle on the price, maybe Acura will come out with another deal like the 09's, financing or something like that. So, we haven't settle on a price for the 2010 yet, but they have one on order for me because of what happened with the deal falling through the last time.
I could understand waiting on the financing, but the price? Be careful -- they could be banking on you wanting it so much (after waiting and then finally having it before your eyes), that you'll be willing to take it at a higher price. Be strong, and don't let them see you drooling!
Old 09-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Agent70
^^ A fellow member needed to vent (understandably) -- who better than us to lend an ear. I, for one, appreciate the details -- thanks BioCin.

I could understand waiting on the financing, but the price? Be careful -- they could be banking on you wanting it so much (after waiting and then finally having it before your eyes), that you'll be willing to take it at a higher price. Be strong, and don't let them see you drooling!
Exactly, the whole process went on for over a month. It was like a dealership soap-opera, and I did leave out alot of small details.

Agent70 in the last couple of days Champion Acura has called me and we have settle on the price. They have asked me to not broadcast it and I will respect them buy doing so. I can asure you though it is a Good Price. Obviously not as good as the $32,200 but, it is on the 2010 and acura doesn't have that $2500 dealer cash. So the price we settle on is very good.

Last edited by BioCin; 09-10-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Advanced

^^ That's good news about the price -- at least we know they're willing to negotiate even though the 2010's are so new. Post lots of pics when you get it. If you can, try to do it so it shows up directly in the post. Only have a work laptop (too cheap to get my own when I can just use this one), and security settings won't let me in photobucket, imageshack, etc.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:07 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Agent70
I am not hating...it was just a little too much for my taste....I am venting too....
'
Old 09-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Racer

The best part about buying a car is WE are the ones with the power. We DON'T have to buy and they know it. You always have to be willing to walk away. The more you walk away the better deal you will get in the end!

Screw that dealership...Never walk back in no matter how bad you want a car or no matter how close they are. They don't deserve your money my friend!
Old 09-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bgillette79
The best part about buying a car is WE are the ones with the power. We DON'T have to buy and they know it. You always have to be willing to walk away. The more you walk away the better deal you will get in the end!

Screw that dealership...Never walk back in no matter how bad you want a car or no matter how close they are. They don't deserve your money my friend!
I think when you deal with a dealership from a different area than you, they are more willing to budge because they know for sure that you are going to buy a car. So, they offer a better price to an out of towner because it is an oppurtunity to get business they wouldn't normally have had. That is my take on it.

The problem is when I need service I have to go to them or drive 100 miles to Baton Rouge.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by wrestrepo
I am not hating...it was just a little too much for my taste....I am venting too....
'

Not hating on you either, just looking out for someone with stealership induced PTSD.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Intermediate

If it was too long, then why did you read it?

Originally Posted by wrestrepo
'
Old 09-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Intermediate

I went through some hassles when I shopped around for my 09 RDX. I kept on asking other dealers why I should drive out of my way to pay $1000+ more for the same car at their dealership. The dealership that's closest to me had the lowest price and one of the best rated service centers. They had to make it worthwhile for me, not charge me extra.

The Audi dealerships either ignored me or didn't get back to me on a price so I went ahead and bought the RDX. They finally got back to me about a week later, but I already had the RDX by then. I told them I was going to make a decision within a few days so they needed to get me their best price ASAP.

There was no way I was going to beg and chase people to hand them $30+k of my money. If they want my business, then they'll have to work for it. I'm not asking them to kiss my ass. Just answer my questions in a reasonable amount of time.

BTW, why would you take your RDX to Walker Acura for service after all you've been through? I wouldn't give them a penny of my money if I were in your shoes.

Originally Posted by BioCin
I wonder now about when I need my car serviced. How will I be treated at Walker Acura? Part 4 Maybe! lol
Old 09-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Intermediate

Regular Service Maintenance I will be doing myself, but if something big goes out like how the SRS unit did in my civic then I would have to go to a dealership. The closest dealership other than Walker is in Baton Rouge almost 100 miles away.