Delivery Checklist

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Gotta Get an SUV :-(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delivery Checklist

So, I finally got the deal done on a new Silver/Ebony/Tech RDX. I am going to pick up on Saturday and was wondering if there is anything I should put on my list to check out before I take delivery. Are there any little bobbles and items that I need to make sure they didn't swipe/replace.

It would be great if I could get a nice little checklist to take with me to ensure that I have everything.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Instructor

Yea Jake I would take the car by yourself with the radio off and listen for any unusual rattles over bumps from the dash and what not. If it has allot or noises than try another until you find a quiet one. Also I have noticed on models with the tech package allot of them have unusual gaps where the climate control and radio display is. The displays will look like they are 1/16 of an inch higher than the rest of the dash. I would also take it to a nice quiet parking lot and park and check all the paint and everyhting out. Also try to stay in higher vins say 13xxx and above because it hasnt sat on the dealer lots as long as others so you wont have etched paint or acid rain damage. Also check underneath the car real quick with a flashlight after your test drive to make sure you dont see any unusual fluids. Check body gap allighnment and check all interior seating surfaces for any blemishes or odd spots in the leather. Other than that I would say you shoud be good.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jake
So, I finally got the deal done on a new Silver/Ebony/Tech RDX. I am going to pick up on Saturday and was wondering if there is anything I should put on my list to check out before I take delivery. Are there any little bobbles and items that I need to make sure they didn't swipe/replace.

It would be great if I could get a nice little checklist to take with me to ensure that I have everything.
From reading posts on this forum and the Honda tech guides, I checked the following when I picked up the car for a few somewhat more frequent issues:

1) they gave me two primary keys and a valet key
2) carpet floor mats are in the car (don't let them charge you; they're standard)
3) paint & body gaps all in in order, with visible goo from any shipping protectors they put on all removed.
4) car started crisply; no suggestion it had one of the bad batteries
5) right passenger mirror moved in all directions (it was an early flaw in low vins)
6) The radio works (same)
7) The plastic covers over the lights at the bottom of the driver and passenger doors were firmly fastened (same)
8) There was no rattle from the headboard over the visors while driving
9) all the interior door handles had matching finish
10) I ordered a roof rack & running boards, and made sure install was correct on both (firmly installed with no poorly cut trim, and no missing gaskets or trim)
11) tire jack is in the car with key for wheel locks if you got them

Of all of them, the only issue I had was they hadn't bolted one of the running boards on all the way. They rolled it back in, tightened it down, and we were out the door 10 minutes later. Definitely take it on a drive, and make sure the engine, transmission, and brakes all sound and feel like they should, and that you hear no rattles or odd noises.

12) Enjoy your awesome new car!
Old 02-28-2007, 11:04 PM
Gotta Get an SUV :-(

Perfect, that's exactly what I needed. When I got my CL in 02, the dealers where chronically forgetting spacers in the springs so now, I always try to have a nice list before picking up a new car.

One other thing. What version DVD should I be getting in the Navi.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:51 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Perhaps a delivery checklist which is updated from time-to-time might make a good sticky?

Nice post hoopics.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:19 AM
haole kama'a-ina

Received 124 Likes on 72 Posts
On the day I intended to purchase I took the car on an evaluation drive and then had them put it on a lift so I could look for any sign of leakage:

Coolant, engine, trans, diff, steering rack and particularly the shaft output seals.

They surprised me by being very accommodating with this and it was as expected, clean and dry.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Jake
Perfect, that's exactly what I needed. When I got my CL in 02, the dealers where chronically forgetting spacers in the springs so now, I always try to have a nice list before picking up a new car.

One other thing. What version DVD should I be getting in the Navi.
I think 4.55 is the latest update

Check to make sure.

https://store.alpine-usa.com/Acuradv.../naviorder.php
Old 03-01-2007, 06:26 PM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
yea 4.55 is latest, but if you have an earlier vin # that was manufactured earlier last year, they might give you 4.41, and some dealers wont negotiate to another disk, especially if you have already paid for the car.