Creaking Noise From Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 01:20 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Creaking Noise From Windshield

I am going to make an appointment with my dealer to have this problem looked at but figured I would see if anyone else has experienced this. I have a creaking kind of rattle coming from the bottom of the windshield at highway speeds. It Is off and on but getting worse. If I hold the edge of the dash by the windshield it does not go away. Does anyone else have this problem? I have to have the radio off to hear it but if I am on the phone or just talking to someone in the car it is annoying. I do not want the dealer taking the dash apart. My concern is it sounds like the windshield is loose. Is this possible anyone else hear a similar noise from the front edge of the dash where it meets the windshield? Would you bring it to the dealer or wait a couple months and see if it breaks in or goes away? Thanks
Old 09-25-2006, 07:25 PM
Racer

Lemon Law? Keep records. This sounds like a serious problem. No pun intended.

How long have you had the problem? How long have you had the car?
Old 09-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Instructor

I have had the car for a couple of weeks. I love it and i is an awesome vehicle. I think I am just going to wait a couple more weeks and see if it goes away. It wasnt as noticable today. Maybe its the dash flexing near the base of the window? I'm not looking to find problems with my new car nor would I mind if it was just a rattle but I just wanted to see if anyone else noticed similar symptoms. Thanks for the responce and I will document everything just in case and keep you updated. Someone said there was a waterpump mounting issue tsb and you never know there could be a bad batch of windshield seals or clips or something that will come out as a tsb later on. I knew it was a first year build and the fun outways the small problems so far. I will just keep enjoying it and go from there.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
rdx4fun, It sounds like you've got the right attitude for a 1st year owner. Its inevitable that small things will appear even with the best brands. You'll need to check your state's lemon laws, but generally rattles are not covered. I would recommend that you keep notes of when you hear the noises, ie. hot or cold, 30 mph or 60 mph or if theres a specific road that it always happens. This will help the service department troubleshoot the problem area.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:54 PM
Master in Science

Originally Posted by SolidState
Lemon Law? Keep records. This sounds like a serious problem. No pun intended.

How long have you had the problem? How long have you had the car?
Lemon Laws don't cover rattles -- only serious issues that cannot be serviced after x number of visits/or time.

You need to re-evaluate your definition of a "serious problem".
Old 09-28-2006, 07:57 PM
Master in Science

Originally Posted by rdx4fun
I am going to make an appointment with my dealer to have this problem looked at but figured I would see if anyone else has experienced this.
Is it cold outside when it creaks? Many people had similar noises from their windshields on the TSX and TL models when they came out... Kind of odd.