Canadian Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by greggandrews
I spoke to MA RMV today and there is no problem registering a vehicle I purchase in the state of MA. They will recognize an Ontario license and as long as I can obtian insurance policy, no issue at all. If I was staying in MA for min 30 days solid, I would need to get a MA driver's license, but since I fly in and out, that is not necessary. (The longest I stay is 10-11 days if I don't go home every weekend).

I have spoken to one insurance company on Friday - one that sells insurance to my clients employees via payroll deduction - and they have no problem insuring me and gave me a preliminary quote pending me providing a driving record report from Ontario.

There is one little hitch. MA RMV can research and produce a 6-year driving history for people in that state. So if you are clean for past 6 years of any moving violations or convictions, you get a top rating. I know the standard Ontario report is 3 years - and in fact any tickets we have drop off after three years. My record is clean, but I will have to call the Ministry of Transport next week and see if they do have any additional history for an extra fee that you cannot order online or at a kiosk.

So it seems all the ducks are in a row:

• I can buy an RDX in MA or RI and register it in MA as an Ontario driver and as someone living in MA.

• I can get a vehicle insured in MA by at least one company (I need to get a couple of quotes for comparison, but Liberty is giving me the client employee discount which is nice of them).

• I will of course pay 5% MA State Tax on registration like anyone else there and plate it with MA plates. (This is opposed to 14% on a higher purchase price in Ontario).

• I can take the car to Canada with documentation using our importation system. I will pay GST on reduced value at time of crossing. I will pay reduced ON tax at time of crossing. I save even more if the vehicle is in US for 1 year before I bring it over.

• Vehicle needs no modifications for Canada/Ontario.

• My warranty will be okay because the vehicle was originally purchased by me and will be registered in the US for a period of time before coming to Canada. (Honda is trying to stop the cross-border shopping and we have discussed that unfairness at length).

• I believe I am settled in on Carbon Bronze/Taupe for color. (Second choice is probably Carbon Bronze/Black and then Silver/Black).

• Maybe I can pull this all of before end of January and get a deal below invoice!!
Yup based upon what you say you should be ok. Just make sure Canada views you as a US resident too. I did this when I was a grad student at Dartmouth and brought a car back to Canada with me. No problem importing it. I used to do I-93 to Boston to fly out of Logan. Hated the Boston roads, liked the city. Good luck.

I was in MI today and checked out an Outlander. It is the same size as out current CRV. The only 1 I saw was a base model with 16" rims - not very nice. The top level looks very nice - I will go to the Detroit auto show Tues and feel out the optioned one. Some complain of fit and finish. Even though it is Japan built, Mitsu is not Acura in terms of quality. Mitsu could try to screw people like HONDA, but they are desperate for sales and are pricing everything below Hon/Toyo. Also, I saw a used 2007 Outlander with the Canadian lux package offered used in British Columbia (on line) for 38K. It has 7Kkm. However, the stupid shits apparently dropped HIDs in Canada, but added the rear enteratinment system with the luxury package. If so, I am not. I will either but the 2006 Lexus or a new Mitsu in the USA and import it (save money, but more importantly get it optioned like the top of the line USA cars). The dealer I visited only had about 6 Mitsus on the lot - most Eclipse and 1 Outlander and 1 gallant. Sad. Also of concern whether they will be here in 5 yrs.

I also went to a Lexus dealer and checked out RX330. They had a group for $36K - 2006 models, with AWD but no navi. May consider this too since it isn't for me but my wife. She really couldn't give a shit about the car so long as it has 4 wheels.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:43 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 842 Likes on 524 Posts
Is the Luxury Package the top of the line model for Outlander?? If so, CAD38k for a used one is quite a lot of money IMO. It does have many standard features but that's almost the price of an Acura RDX. But on the other hand, I do find the Outlander a better deal than the CRV.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by iforyou
Is the Luxury Package the top of the line model for Outlander?? If so, CAD38k for a used one is quite a lot of money IMO. It does have many standard features but that's almost the price of an Acura RDX. But on the other hand, I do find the Outlander a better deal than the CRV.
I also think 38K is a lot unless it includes swivel HIDs. It does include v6, 6-speed with paddle shifters, leather, navigation, 30GB hard drive for nav and music storage, 7 seats (5 good ones), sunroof, LEDs taillights, rear DVD system (optional on all in USA), Rockford Fosgate blow your eardrums stereo, made in Japan. I don't know how the dealer was advertising a used one when the model is not released until Feb in Canada. I think they are pricing everything 2K under Honda, so the top of the line would be somewhere around 37,500 (can you believe they charge 39500 for an unsightly CR-V loaded now?). No way I would pay that but perhaps 35. Realise that the depreciation on the mitsu wil be at least 2K worse than the Honda, so it is a wash. I just cannot believe that Honda puts Element, Ridgeline, current Accord sedan and coupe, and now new CRV out without any attempt to make them stylish. None. Zero. Nada. Zip. The new Outlander is the same size as the CRV (my wife's 02 model - also butt ugly). Still worry about longterm viability of company, but if this and new lancer sell (it looks pretty goof at Detroit auto show), then maybe they will survive. Old 1993 Eagle Summit Wagon put in 220,000km with virtually no problems, so if this is the same it would be a good buy. Car also has full suite of safety stuff (EBD, ABS, stability, traction, safe front seat headrests) and driver adjustable 2 or 4 wheel drive capabilities. Really long warrenty too. Honda needs competition - they used to be where Hyundai is now.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:51 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

I agree that the CRV is quite overpriced. But then I still see many of those on the streets here in Vancouver. I don't really look at Hondas now, I just look at Acuras as I still think they are quite stylish. I guess Honda is, afterall, trying to differential its Acura cars. Anyways, for $38k, I would really consider the CX7. The GT AWD model is $37k which I think is definitely a better deal than the CRV.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Racer

I agree that the CRV is quite overpriced. But then I still see many of those on the streets here in Vancouver. I don't really look at Hondas now, I just look at Acuras as I still think they are quite stylish. I guess Honda is, afterall, trying to differential its Acura cars. Anyways, for $38k, I would really consider the CX7. The GT AWD model is $37k which I think is definitely a better deal than the CRV.
Just got back from the auto show and here are my impressions:

1) RDX is beautiful inside. I don't like the front exterior though. Seats are thick and my son (6'1.5", I am 6'2") said his legs toughed the back of the front seat when I had the front seat comfortable to drive in. Acura rep said he would warrenty a new purchase once Acura cancelled my warrenty. Something to think about if the price has come down as much as reported here. Scary gas mileage in some cases though. Some dude in Toronto is reporting 17.5L/100km on here. That's dodge ram territory.

2) Lexus RX very much a luxury car. Also a tad tight in back seat unless front seat moved forward or raised a bit. Lexus in Michigan has enough Candian sales they have set up their own border broker to do your paperwork. Car would pass without change since it has all the shit the gov't demands. In my view, a classy cruiser vehicle but a bit of a wally wagon. Great for my wife though.

3) Mitsu Outlander. Very nice appearance with 18" rims. Car not as wide as RX maybe as wide as RDX. Door plastic trim hard and plain. Well trimmed, and incredible sound (top line model). 3rd seat a pain in the ass to figure out. Front seats small but very comfortable. Dash appearance a cut below Acura or Lexus. Hard to find seat heaters on side. Nav system ok to navigate. Fit and finish looked very good. Still impressed but worried about Mitsu future. All sales reps sing same tune - company making money, new models coming out (new Lancer is very nice) etc. Risky,but possible worth it depending on price. If 35K Canadian loaded, it is a very good deal. If higher, buy the competition. Base one with 16" rims look plain and boring.

4) Honda CRV. Interior seemed to have more leg room than RDX but front seat does not go back far enough (maybe that is why rear was roomy). Also hard plastic trim (with a design) on dash and doors - slightly better (barely) than Mitsus. overal quality seemed very good. Couldn't see lighted dash as it was not turned on. Outside lower trim on front, back, sides, is simply brutal looking: the undilations in balck plastic appears to have copied Aztek. Fire stylist. Not worth the premium charged in Canada.

5) New RAV4 - didn't even sit it it. Front is too brutal looking to consider further.

6) New Hyundai VeraCruz. Extremely roomy inside (most of any), not bad vehicle.

7) Susuki XL7: luxury one was actually very nice inside - roomy too.

8) Mazda CX7 - very cheap interior in back - spartan like. Wouldn't consider further.

9) Mazda CX9 - very nice vehicle in and out and roomy - actually getting to big for my tasts though.

10) Nissan murano - not a bad effort - bright coloured dash. Getting long in tooth. Too many on road?
Old 01-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by zircon
Some dude in Toronto is reporting 17.5L/100km on here. That's dodge ram territory.
Ah. The "some dude" review.

Another dude (me) is getting 12.2L/100km on 40/60 city/highway mix, which seems to be the general average. I think that's a lot more representative.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Fishbulb

Another dude (me) is getting 12.2L/100km on 40/60 city/highway mix, which seems to be the general average. I think that's a lot more representative.
FB is right.

Course, I'm the dude, and I have been getting about the same mileage (17-19 l/100km) for the 1500ish kilometres I've had the car (it was worse for the first tank), and I don't drive trying to push the turbo as hard as I can.

Almost all city driving, and I really really want to see my gas mileage get better, but I still absolutely love the car.

Just get the impression that gas mileage is erratic between veicles. I am saving trip odometer "B" to have all my mileage from the time I picked up the car, and if the numbers are still so bad at the first maintenance I will take it in and ask what gives.

The one time I did 50 or 60k on the highway my mileage was between 12 and 13. Was feeling pretty good about that, but I guess it should have been at 10 or so.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:46 PM
Racer

the review wasn't intended to trash the RDX or the toronto dude - I just didn't catch his name.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:41 PM
rdxsteverino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find it interesting that in Canada, mileage is quoted in terms of volume (of gas) per distance travelled while in the U.S. it is quoted in distance per volume. First time I noticed - same info, just different (inverse) way of looking at mileage.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:18 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by rdxsteverino
I find it interesting that in Canada, mileage is quoted in terms of volume (of gas) per distance travelled while in the U.S. it is quoted in distance per volume. First time I noticed - same info, just different (inverse) way of looking at mileage.
I am Canadian and I think it is a stupid way to quote mileage. I don't even understand it - but then I grew up on the English/American system and got metrified somewhere along the line in school. If I recall correctly, our government at the time sold metrification on the basis that the entire world was going that way, including the USA. Well, we know that America never did go.

Of course the metric system has the advantages of being base-10 so that part is easy. And the English system has plenty of quirks - one of which is that the US gallon <> British gallon. The other thing is that Canada only really went half-metric. Containers of all sorts are often still non-metric (perhaps due to US market) and so we still buy a pound of butter that weighs 454grams - not 500 even. Many things are in odd sizes for metric. When I go shopping, pants are still sold with waistlines in inches and leg lengths in inches. At the butcher counter, they'll quote their prices in $/pound, but then the scales are measuring what you buy in kilograms. The list goes on. IMO, we should be one way or the other, but we remain stuck in between. Ok, off the soapbox and move on.

I honestly think car mfr's started quoting Litres consumed per Kilometer driven because you get smaller looking numbers than if you quoted Kilometers per Litre. Think about it - Km/L is the equivalent of M/Gal (Distance over Volume). But since a Litre is about 1/4 Gal roughly, you are going to get pretty low numbers for Km/L - despite the fact that Km's are smaller than Litres.

Here is an example: A quotation of 10L/100Km = 1.0L/10Km or 10Km/L. 10Km/L doesn't sound so hot as the equivalent 23.5MPG (US) or 28.2MPG (Br/Cdn). I think it is all perception and marketing with the numbers.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:09 AM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

Gas mileage

I notice my RDX's gas mileage has gone up a bit in the last two tanks, from 12.3 l/100km average to 12.9.

Not sure if it is because of the recent oil change or recent drop in temperature in Toronto (from 12 C to -20 C this week). But I thought the gas mileage is supposed to be better after the 1st couple oil changes........ at least that's what I have heard from mechanic......
Old 01-17-2007, 10:02 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Just got back from the auto show and here are my impressions:

1) RDX is beautiful inside. I don't like the front exterior though. Seats are thick and my son (6'1.5", I am 6'2") said his legs toughed the back of the front seat when I had the front seat comfortable to drive in. Acura rep said he would warrenty a new purchase once Acura cancelled my warrenty. Something to think about if the price has come down as much as reported here. Scary gas mileage in some cases though. Some dude in Toronto is reporting 17.5L/100km on here. That's dodge ram territory.

2) Lexus RX very much a luxury car. Also a tad tight in back seat unless front seat moved forward or raised a bit. Lexus in Michigan has enough Candian sales they have set up their own border broker to do your paperwork. Car would pass without change since it has all the shit the gov't demands. In my view, a classy cruiser vehicle but a bit of a wally wagon. Great for my wife though.

3) Mitsu Outlander. Very nice appearance with 18" rims. Car not as wide as RX maybe as wide as RDX. Door plastic trim hard and plain. Well trimmed, and incredible sound (top line model). 3rd seat a pain in the ass to figure out. Front seats small but very comfortable. Dash appearance a cut below Acura or Lexus. Hard to find seat heaters on side. Nav system ok to navigate. Fit and finish looked very good. Still impressed but worried about Mitsu future. All sales reps sing same tune - company making money, new models coming out (new Lancer is very nice) etc. Risky,but possible worth it depending on price. If 35K Canadian loaded, it is a very good deal. If higher, buy the competition. Base one with 16" rims look plain and boring.

4) Honda CRV. Interior seemed to have more leg room than RDX but front seat does not go back far enough (maybe that is why rear was roomy). Also hard plastic trim (with a design) on dash and doors - slightly better (barely) than Mitsus. overal quality seemed very good. Couldn't see lighted dash as it was not turned on. Outside lower trim on front, back, sides, is simply brutal looking: the undilations in balck plastic appears to have copied Aztek. Fire stylist. Not worth the premium charged in Canada.

5) New RAV4 - didn't even sit it it. Front is too brutal looking to consider further.

6) New Hyundai VeraCruz. Extremely roomy inside (most of any), not bad vehicle.

7) Susuki XL7: luxury one was actually very nice inside - roomy too.

8) Mazda CX7 - very cheap interior in back - spartan like. Wouldn't consider further.

9) Mazda CX9 - very nice vehicle in and out and roomy - actually getting to big for my tasts though.

10) Nissan murano - not a bad effort - bright coloured dash. Getting long in tooth. Too many on road?
A very interesting review there. Out of all those vehicles, I prefer RDX, Outlander, and CX7. And being an Acura guy, I would pick RDX for sure. I can understand what you mean by its front styling, it's the kind that either you love it or you hate it design. As for the fuel mileage, sometimes it does vary a great deal. For example, I drive a 98 Camry I4 and a 02 TL Type S. I have been doing a little test with them to see the difference in terms of fuel economy. Guess what, my TL actually returns better mpg than the Camry (24 vs 23 mpg), keeping in mind that the TL has double the horsepower than the camry. Also, for both cars I do both hwy and city driving.

Anyways, back to those cars, the CRV, like we've discussed before, is overpriced. The Rav 4 does not look a bit sporty to me. I have not been a big fan for both Suzuki and Hyundai. The CX-9 is the size of a MDX, which to me, is too big. And the Murano is getting old and I think a replacement will be revealed soon.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Racer

A very interesting review there. Out of all those vehicles, I prefer RDX, Outlander, and CX7. And being an Acura guy, I would pick RDX for sure. I can understand what you mean by its front styling, it's the kind that either you love it or you hate it design. As for the fuel mileage, sometimes it does vary a great deal. For example, I drive a 98 Camry I4 and a 02 TL Type S. I have been doing a little test with them to see the difference in terms of fuel economy. Guess what, my TL actually returns better mpg than the Camry (24 vs 23 mpg), keeping in mind that the TL has double the horsepower than the camry. Also, for both cars I do both hwy and city driving.

Anyways, back to those cars, the CRV, like we've discussed before, is overpriced. The Rav 4 does not look a bit sporty to me. I have not been a big fan for both Suzuki and Hyundai. The CX-9 is the size of a MDX, which to me, is too big. And the Murano is getting old and I think a replacement will be revealed soon.
agree with all.

rdx would be wicked with the 2.2L turbo diesel. Gas issue would disappear.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:52 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

RDX with turbo, I think we might see that in the near future as Honda will introduce some new diesel engines in North America.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:56 AM
Racer

I enjoyed the tirade about Honda Canada's markup over the exchange rate, but what indication do you have that Mitsubishi won't be doing the same thing?
Mitsu posted prices today for Outlander 2007. They are marking their products up less than Honda etc. The outlander 2WD starts at 25K Can., and goes to 38300 for a 'fully' loaded one. oddly in Canada they deleted the HIDs (an absolute for me) but they added the rear seat DVD system (9"). The comparable US vehicle was 32100 but it included HIDs. I have talked to one Mitsu dealer a week ago, and if they call me I am going to ask if they will custom order HIDs on it. Since they already build US spec cars with HIDs, maybe the factory would do a custom Canada car. if not, then I buy either the RDX or the Lexus RX. Overall addition to the US car is 19.5% - which is much less than what Hon/Acura is trying to charge Canadians. If I could buy the Outlander with HIDs for about 36.5 Can, it would be a very good deal.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:57 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

$38.3k, does that include pdi and freight? It really depends on what you prefer, sportiness or comfort. From the reviews and specs I have read so far on the Outlander, it's targeted somewhere between the CRV/Rav4 side rather than X3/RDX. Its handling seems to be better than the Rav4, but not quite up to par with the RDX. So i think if you want to carry more people, want to save a couple grand, and/or want some more ride comfort, then the Outlander is quite a good choice. But for me, I prefer the sportiness of the RDX.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:14 PM
Racer

$38.3k, does that include pdi and freight? It really depends on what you prefer, sportiness or comfort. From the reviews and specs I have read so far on the Outlander, it's targeted somewhere between the CRV/Rav4 side rather than X3/RDX. Its handling seems to be better than the Rav4, but not quite up to par with the RDX. So i think if you want to carry more people, want to save a couple grand, and/or want some more ride comfort, then the Outlander is quite a good choice. But for me, I prefer the sportiness of the RDX.
agreed, rdx would handle much better. The 38.3 includes pdi etc - pricey in Canada (as per rdx). I should have said the up model is about 33, plus 4 for the combined nav and rear dvd, plus pdi = 38.3 It also includes a tonneau cover, which is optional in the USA. Can't see heated mirrors - mistake in Canada. Premium cost 10-12 cents/L = 40 cents per gallon more in Canada, so premium fuel comes at a price. If I can avoid it I will. Gas mileage of one road tester averaged 23 in combined driving - good for a 6 cylinder. I will drive it to see if it interests, then see if I can get it custom ordered from Japan with HIDs. If not, no buy.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Racer

Sounds like a decent ride, but if it was me, I'd still go for the RDX, even at Canadian dealer pricing.

Actually, at this point, I'd probably import one from the U.S. and take my chances on the warranty. I haven't heard of anything substantially wrong or serious design flaws. It appears to be a well-engineered and built car.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Racer

Sounds like a decent ride, but if it was me, I'd still go for the RDX, even at Canadian dealer pricing.

Actually, at this point, I'd probably import one from the U.S. and take my chances on the warranty. I haven't heard of anything substantially wrong or serious design flaws. It appears to be a well-engineered and built car.
actually risk on warranty is very small, since the Roseville Acura guy at the Detroit Auto Show said they will warranty the car. Only problem is if you have a problem in a faroff location. Knowing how Canadians get screwed on premium gas, I don't want to buy another.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Racer

Knowing how Canadians get screwed on premium gas, I don't want to buy another.
It runs fine on mid-grade. Besides, you'll lose far more on the residual on the Mitsu than what you'll save in gas, if any.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:07 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

agreed, rdx would handle much better. The 38.3 includes pdi etc - pricey in Canada (as per rdx). I should have said the up model is about 33, plus 4 for the combined nav and rear dvd, plus pdi = 38.3 It also includes a tonneau cover, which is optional in the USA. Can't see heated mirrors - mistake in Canada. Premium cost 10-12 cents/L = 40 cents per gallon more in Canada, so premium fuel comes at a price. If I can avoid it I will. Gas mileage of one road tester averaged 23 in combined driving - good for a 6 cylinder. I will drive it to see if it interests, then see if I can get it custom ordered from Japan with HIDs. If not, no buy.
I think the new Rav4 V6 can deliver the same mpg too, but with about 50 more hp. But that's an engine is packed with tons of technologies and 23mpg for a V6 SUV is not bad for sure. Is this a new engine? I have never heard about a 3.0L V6 in other Mitsubishis. Anyways, same as you, HIDs is a must for me too. They just make the car looks much more upscale.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Racer

I think the new Rav4 V6 can deliver the same mpg too, but with about 50 more hp. But that's an engine is packed with tons of technologies and 23mpg for a V6 SUV is not bad for sure. Is this a new engine? I have never heard about a 3.0L V6 in other Mitsubishis. Anyways, same as you, HIDs is a must for me too. They just make the car looks much more upscale.
Mitsu's 3L is all new - SOHC but otherwise similar to engine in rdx. Gets good mileage. RAV4 is butt ugly, so despite the excellent V6, I could not even get myself to sit in it at auto show. Mitsu has 2 major drawbacks: 1) will compant survive; 2) probably wicked resale. Acura resales are excellent, as are Lexuses. I suspect it will be one of the 3.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:27 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

I think the RX330 will be replaced soon as the new Camry has just came out recently and based on history, the next RX has always been designed on the Camry's platform.

I assume the new 3.0L Mivec V6 engine doesn't have GDI then. If it were to have DOHC and GDI, I'm pretty sure that it could make another 20hp and 20lb/ft of torque while increasing fuel efficiency. But if I'm correct, that engine might be used in some Chryslers in the future. Mitsu and Chrysler (as well as Hyundai) have already designed an engine series together recently.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Racer

I think the RX330 will be replaced soon as the new Camry has just came out recently and based on history, the next RX has always been designed on the Camry's platform.

I assume the new 3.0L Mivec V6 engine doesn't have GDI then. If it were to have DOHC and GDI, I'm pretty sure that it could make another 20hp and 20lb/ft of torque while increasing fuel efficiency. But if I'm correct, that engine might be used in some Chryslers in the future. Mitsu and Chrysler (as well as Hyundai) have already designed an engine series together recently.
I thought all those engines were 1.6, 2 and 2.4L?
Old 01-27-2007, 12:31 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

the engines you mentioned are already in production. What I'm saying is I suspect that this new 3.0L engine might have the same fate too.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:35 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Sorry for double posting but what I said was a just guess. It might or might not happen at all. I just think it can come true because Mitsubishi and Chrysler have joined together numorous times before and I can definitely see how both companies can save lots of money and time if they share this 3.0L engine. Who knows but it's possible to see that engine under the hood of a Chrysler minivan or something.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:46 AM
Cruisin'

Canadian Buying in USA

Time to report that all of the theory about the possibility and all of the preparations were made, and I have just bought my new RDX - from a RI dealer for registration in MA. I got insurance coverage from Liberty Mutual at a good rate - and they accepted an extract from the ON Ministry of Transport to give me a clean history. I have what is considered here a very high coverage policy for $1250/yr - just over $100/mth until I cancel.

A tip for anyone else thinking of this. The typical ON driver extract at the kiosk or license office is 3 years. Some states have longer typical history researched. I special-ordered via fax request a 10 year abstract (can also do 5 yr), knowing I was clean. Liberty considered that equivalent to a clean record in MA.

I take delivery Wed Jan 31 of a spanking new RDX w/Tech (Carbon Bronze/Taupe). Only in the USA you say? Pity. I was glad to have the entire spectrum of choices for Exterior/Interior in the USA. I also got more features in the Tech package as has been documented elsewhere here.

Final price was $35000 + 5%MA sales tax + state license and title fee + $95 dlr docn fee.

Consider this as approx. $41400CAD to the dealer and my best guess at an equivalent vehicle (but not REALLY equal in all features), with the same accessories, is about $45300CAD to the dealer. Obviously the second number is an educated guess based on past experience with my broker doing a fleet deal for me, but in the absence of a real quote, it is what it is. Don't forget so far I have paid $1750USD or $2060CAD in sales taxes. The Canadian deal above requires 14% tax in ON or $6342CAD.

Depending on when I do eventually import the RDX into ON, I may or may not owe taxes, but it will be on a depreciated value. (Remember, if you decide to buy in USA and immediately import, you should be able to avoid state sales tax and just pay 6% GST on full invoice price at the border and then 8% to ON on registration).

Also, for those who do not read past postings, if you buy a Honda/Acura product and immediately import it, they are determined to not honor the warranty. My case is an exception as the vehicle will first be registered and used in the USA prior to importing into ON.

So, there is my $4000CAD in savings as expected in earlier post. Take that Acura Canada and suck my exhaust! Sorry you are not competitive. And I also realize I am in a fortunate situation to be able to take advantage. Wish everyone could march across the border and shop just as easily as you would for a gallon of milk. (Now there is another story of how we are gouged).

All the best. Let's keep it alive here reporting pricing experiences and keep on pressing for made-in-Canada deals. You need to work through fleet managers there or find a facilitator to make it happen for you - that is my best advice.