Canadian Dealer Invoice pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 10:03 PM
ForesterXT,RDX Tech Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Canadian Dealer Invoice pricing?

Hey Everyone,

I'm in the market for a 2011 RDX with Tech Package. I see that there was a posting for RDX invoice pricing but it has not been updated since 2007 or 2008.

Please let me know if you know what I can work with for negotiating.

Thanks
Old 12-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it's normally MSRP less 8-9% less factory incentives -- then add in your taxes, fees (A/C etc), freight and that's where you start negotiating - at least that's how i did it. you can try Car Cost Canada but they charge a fee ($30 or $40 for a subscription for 3 cars, if i am not mistaken). [ ive reposted after i saw your separate thread on it - dont have delete/edit privledges yet]
Old 12-03-2010, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by storminvader
it's normally MSRP less 8-9% less factory incentives -- then add in your taxes, fees (A/C etc), freight and that's where you start negotiating - at least that's how i did it. you can try Car Cost Canada but they charge a fee ($30 or $40 for a subscription for 3 cars, if i am not mistaken). [ ive reposted after i saw your separate thread on it - dont have delete/edit privledges yet]
Thanks for this info! I'll be picking my 2011 Acura RDX Tech Package in White Diamond Pearl on Monday
Old 12-05-2010, 01:35 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Redevil
Thanks for this info! I'll be picking my 2011 Acura RDX Tech Package in White Diamond Pearl on Monday
congrats on the new ride! so how much over msrp did you give the dealer for his pain? Car cost canada suggested 3% or so, but i think you can get away with a lower figure

btw, make sure you mention about the potential paint chip (lots of complaints about our rdx on this - same with mine but im not as anal) on the bumper near the fender for a white rdx in the future (that way they will repair it for you in the future)
Old 12-05-2010, 01:36 AM
Advanced

congrats on the new ride! so how much over msrp did you give the dealer for his pain? Car cost canada suggested 3% or so, but i think you can get away with a lower figure

btw, make sure you mention about the potential paint chip (lots of complaints about our rdx on this - same with mine but im not as anal) on the bumper near the fender for a white rdx in the future (that way they will repair it for you in the future)
darn still cant edit. i shld have said, how much over invoice fm carcost (assumng you got a copy of it) - better yet, how much % lower than msrp did you get it for...
Old 12-05-2010, 11:45 AM

From the calculations, I paid approx. $500 over invoice. Didn't use carcostcanada based it on the calculations you posted and what other discounts were posted from the US sites.

Picking it up tommorow
Old 12-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Redevil
From the calculations, I paid approx. $500 over invoice. Didn't use carcostcanada based it on the calculations you posted and what other discounts were posted from the US sites.

Picking it up tommorow
well done! enjoy your ride.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Intermediate

Hey Redevil, we just ordered the same RDX last night... Tech pkg in White! We ended up with about 6% off the MSRP, so probably close to what you paid. I'll have them put the 3M rock guard when it comes in next week.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by YYC_BoxsterGuy
Hey Redevil, we just ordered the same RDX last night... Tech pkg in White! We ended up with about 6% off the MSRP, so probably close to what you paid. I'll have them put the 3M rock guard when it comes in next week.

Congrats on your purchase as well. I guess I might have picked up the last SH-AWD Tech just before you made your deal. Hope you are not having to wait too long till yours comes in.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:43 AM
1st Gear

I know this is an old thread but it seems to fit.

My wife and I are looking to buy a TSX here in Calgary and I'm wondering if anyone had a good experience with local dealers and their willingness to negotiate based on invoice pricing.

Thank you!
Old 11-25-2011, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by CitizenCain
I know this is an old thread but it seems to fit.

My wife and I are looking to buy a TSX here in Calgary and I'm wondering if anyone had a good experience with local dealers and their willingness to negotiate based on invoice pricing.

Thank you!
I have had great experiences with Northwest Acura. I would recommend seeing them. Sales guy I was dealing with was Harrison Lam.