Bumper scratched

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 11:40 AM
RDX Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bumper scratched

Hi guys.. I got my A1 service yesterday at the dealer and when I got my car back, the bumper was scratched up! I'm not sure if it was one of the service guys who drove my car and scraped into something, but I know it wasn't me who did it!

Anyway, I'm planning to go to Maaco later today for an paint touch-up estimate. Do you have an idea of what I'd be paying for this service? I was also considering of buying the underbody spoiler, would it just be cheaper to buy that on eBay (it's selling for $280 + shipping) rather than fixing the bumper? Only the paint is scratched off, and it's about 4 inches long.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:49 AM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ugh..that sux.
I just got a minor scratch on my bumper ( HENCE LIVING IN NYC it happens)
now I want to get a bumper guard for my car...but I duno yet.
I hate IT UGH!!!!
Old 11-06-2007, 01:21 PM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
depending on the location of the scratch would determine whether or not the new underbody piece would replace that marked area. The underbody piece is the piece with the fog lights ....the upper portion remains the same. I paid cost + paint for mine, $260 total. 280+ shipping ur dealer should be able to do better
Old 11-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by missjennieb
Hi guys.. I got my A1 service yesterday at the dealer and when I got my car back, the bumper was scratched up! I'm not sure if it was one of the service guys who drove my car and scraped into something, but I know it wasn't me who did it!

Anyway, I'm planning to go to Maaco later today for an paint touch-up estimate. Do you have an idea of what I'd be paying for this service? I was also considering of buying the underbody spoiler, would it just be cheaper to buy that on eBay (it's selling for $280 + shipping) rather than fixing the bumper? Only the paint is scratched off, and it's about 4 inches long.

When the dealer messed my bumper up, I made THEM fix it. In fact I got a new bumper, next day air. What gives here?
Old 11-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by Nyjumpman23
Ugh..that sux.
I just got a minor scratch on my bumper ( HENCE LIVING IN NYC it happens)
now I want to get a bumper guard for my car...but I duno yet.
I hate IT UGH!!!!

Why not get this?

http://www.eurobumperguard.com/bumpe...protector.html
Old 11-06-2007, 01:48 PM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
ya i totally skipped over that one.....u shouldnt be spending a dime yet.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:08 PM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

Dwest - I know
I was considering:

http://www.eurobumperguard.com/produ...per_guard.html

I Know the Eurobumper dudes..i've done business with them..
I'm still comtemplating for now, cause If and when i do get it, im going to update you guys and Sas..cause he's interested also.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:52 PM
RDX Lover

Originally Posted by MMike1981
depending on the location of the scratch would determine whether or not the new underbody piece would replace that marked area. The underbody piece is the piece with the fog lights ....the upper portion remains the same. I paid cost + paint for mine, $260 total. 280+ shipping ur dealer should be able to do better
I think it would replace the marked area. The scratch is right on the top of the bottom portion (next to the fog light).

I should call the dealer and tell them about the scratch. Who should I ask for? A manager?
Old 11-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts
I would personally go into the dealership and ask for the manager, or someone in charge. It's much easier for them to blow you off over the phone.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:06 PM
B A N N E D

Hopefully your service department is very good, some will just shrug you off as you've taken the car off the lot, signed the service paper etc..
Old 11-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Intermediate

i took my tsx in for services at an acura dealer, and they put about a 12" long dent on my hood, like a creased dent, i took it back the next day and they took care of it, never asking any questions
Old 11-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your dealer should fix the problem. Upon dropping off my dealer inspects my RDX for body damage. When I pick my RDX up from dealer service, I inspect it for body damage. If I note any problems, my dealer pays.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If you are going to put the lower spoiler on anyway, I wouldn't have the dealer touch it. If they really took the paint of of it, then the only real way to fix it is to repaint the entire bumper. They're likely to mess it up more.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:34 AM
Acura Technician

Every dealer I've worked for is supposed to do a walk around of the car when you drop it off for service.They're supposed to note down existing damage. If it really wasn't there before, take it back and show them.They should fix it. And seriously, Maaco? Maybe they do better quality work in your area, out here they're a joke.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:31 AM
RDX Lover

Originally Posted by Sonomaa
Every dealer I've worked for is supposed to do a walk around of the car when you drop it off for service.They're supposed to note down existing damage. If it really wasn't there before, take it back and show them.They should fix it. And seriously, Maaco? Maybe they do better quality work in your area, out here they're a joke.
Nope my dealer didn't do a walk through or note down any existing damages. I just said Maaco because that was the only paint shop I could think of at the time Do you think it's too late to bring it to the dealer now? I got my service done on Monday and it's now Thursday.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:55 AM
B A N N E D

Take it in ASAP.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Acura Technician

The longer you wait the harder it is to convince them.Atleast call as soon as possible and let them know you have an issue.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Racer

Sorry if this diverges a little bit, but anyone know if those touch-up pens Acura sells is any good for stuff like this?

I washed and waxed my RDX over the weekend and noticed a deep scratch on the bottom corner of the driver's side door and under the driver's side mirror. Probably hit someone else's car (or a cement pylon) when opening the door. Pretty pissed cuz I know it wasn't me that did it...and the only other drivers have been the ones at my dealership when I took it in for two maintenance issues.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Advanced

I was wondering that too. So far, I've not had the need, but I'd be hesitant to use a touch-up pen not knowing whether it matches properly or whether you'd see where the fix was. As a side-note, when I read this post, it made me wonder what rating missjennieb will be giving the service dept...
Old 11-13-2007, 10:36 AM
RDX Lover

Originally Posted by ShadowGirl
I was wondering that too. So far, I've not had the need, but I'd be hesitant to use a touch-up pen not knowing whether it matches properly or whether you'd see where the fix was. As a side-note, when I read this post, it made me wonder what rating missjennieb will be giving the service dept...
Good question ShadowGirl! I gave them a 5. Should have been lower given I had to wait 2 hours for my service to get done (could have been longer had I not said anything). I guess I'm too nice I haven't received the online survey yet so I'll call them to make sure it's on its way.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:48 AM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

Blame other people..that's how I see it.
When u see a scratch on the car, when parking @ a public parking lot..people slam their doors wide open.
Thats when u figure..hm..i have a new car..and they have a beat up..they dont care..
so i'l ldo them the favor...of..scratchin their car full force.
or..buy some Cocacola..spill it on their hood of their car...and let the paint RUn.

REPRESEn' my ACURA PEEpZ...hahaha
Old 11-13-2007, 10:52 AM
Advanced

I know what you mean about being too nice. I had taken my RDX in to get the cargo liner installed, had a specific appointment time, so I thought ok, it'll take 1/2 hour, I'll be in and out. Nope, almost 2 hours later and I finally get my vehicle. I'm thinking geez, this must be a really difficult thing to install, I'm glad I didn't do it myself, then I open the hatch have a look and see that it's just a liner with a few velcro tabs to stick to the cargo area. 2 hours for that?!
Old 11-13-2007, 11:24 AM
RDX Lover

Originally Posted by Nyjumpman23
Blame other people..that's how I see it.
When u see a scratch on the car, when parking @ a public parking lot..people slam their doors wide open.
Thats when u figure..hm..i have a new car..and they have a beat up..they dont care..
so i'l ldo them the favor...of..scratchin their car full force.
or..buy some Cocacola..spill it on their hood of their car...and let the paint RUn.

REPRESEn' my ACURA PEEpZ...hahaha
LOL fortunately I have not gotten any damages from parking in any public lots. Coca cola?? I hope to never park near your car!
Old 11-13-2007, 11:28 AM
RDX Lover

Update: I finally called my dealer and they told me they would be happy to touch up the bumper. So I'll bring it in today during my lunch break. Hopefully it does not take 2 hours to do LOL

Does anyone know if the email surveys are anonymous? I don't want to get a call from the dealer banning me as with what happened to the other RDXer on here.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:03 PM
B A N N E D

If they have your E-Mail address on file, I wouldn't think so.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:18 AM
Acura Technician

NONE of the surveys are anonymous, and we get to see exactly what you said. Many places actually put your survey scores into your service file. If you give good surveys then you may get better treatment. It will help you out later on like when your car is just out of the warranty. Dealers have the ability to make "goodwill" repairs at their discresion. And vice versa, if you slam them on the survey don't expect them to go out of their way for you.

Thats not saying you have to give a 10 on everything, be fair but resonable wth your expectations.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Racer

NONE of the surveys are anonymous, and we get to see exactly what you said. Many places actually put your survey scores into your service file. If you give good surveys then you may get better treatment. It will help you out later on like when your car is just out of the warranty. Dealers have the ability to make "goodwill" repairs at their discresion. And vice versa, if you slam them on the survey don't expect them to go out of their way for you.

Thats not saying you have to give a 10 on everything, be fair but resonable wth your expectations.
Whoops....guess I won't be heading back to my dealer anytime soon then. I had a bad experience with my sales guy (who was replaced by the time I signed the papers) that I gave low scores when asked about my sales rep.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Acura Technician

The sales survey and the service surveys are separate. But still neither are anonymous. I actually have access to our service surveys right here at home.

Odds are your dealer knows your salesman was the cause of your discontent, especialy if you stated that on the survey.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:11 AM
Missin my TSX =(

Originally Posted by missjennieb

sorry bout ur scratches... my bumper is retarded too... idiots who cant park keep hitting me...

anyway, so they actually sell just that bottom part of the REAR? bumper on ebay? does it come painted?

btw... very clever with the SH-AWDy lol
Old 11-16-2007, 06:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by chyllintsx
anyway, so they actually sell just that bottom part of the REAR? bumper on ebay? does it come painted?
She got the scratches on the front not the rear. For the rear, you'd have to replace the whole bumper cover and I don't believe they come painted so you'd have to paint it as well.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:56 AM
RDX Lover

I normally would give 10's on any surveys that I take. I usually don't expect too much. This time was an exception, since I had to wait forever AND I expected them to return the car in the shape that I handed over to them. I did give them 10's on some categories, but 5's in others.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Acura Technician

Sounds resonable to me