Is the bluetooth hands free feature included in the base model?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 03:59 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the bluetooth hands free feature included in the base model?

Hi everyone, I am seriously looking into the possibility of getting one rdx (because of the 1.9% leasing rate). I do have my own gps, and I am not a big music fan, so I not believe a tech package is necessary. But then, is this bluetooth feature included in all models or just the tech model??

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hands free come standard in both Tech and non Tech models.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:25 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by LuvMyRDX
Hands free come standard in both Tech and non Tech models.
Thanks. I heard ppl complaining about the wipers. Is it really that bad? any substitutes? And also, what manufacture accessories do you suggest to purchase???

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Intermediate

I've never had any problem with the wipers. You can easily change the blades if you'd like, but that's about it. You should check out the diameter of the window the wipers cover during your test drive if it's a concern.

As for accessories, I really think the cargo net is a requirement, in order to keep stuff from rolling around in the back. Other than that... it's whatever you want
Old 02-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by zickzhou
Thanks. I heard ppl complaining about the wipers. Is it really that bad? any substitutes? And also, what manufacture accessories do you suggest to purchase???

Thanks!
I actually have no qualms with the wipers. They are similar to those that you pay $20 each for in the fact that they are a uniform pressure style. I know they can get cluttered up with ice in the snow and have to me before, but so have any other wipers I've ever purchased. And they are great at hwy speeds for clearing rain given their design. Probably something you can see for yourself if/when you get one.

Accessories...that really depends on where you live. Here in CO, the all weather floor mats are a must as well as a clear "bra" and splash guards. I also opted for a moonroof visor which, for me at least, does quiet down the wind noise when it's open. It takes a little bit away from the open feel of the moonroof, but I think the benefits outweigh that 1 drawback.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by plausible
I've never had any problem with the wipers. You can easily change the blades if you'd like, but that's about it. You should check out the diameter of the window the wipers cover during your test drive if it's a concern.

As for accessories, I really think the cargo net is a requirement, in order to keep stuff from rolling around in the back. Other than that... it's whatever you want
Good call on the cargo net...
Old 02-07-2009, 06:25 PM
4th Gear

Smile

Originally Posted by LuvMyRDX
I actually have no qualms with the wipers. They are similar to those that you pay $20 each for in the fact that they are a uniform pressure style. I know they can get cluttered up with ice in the snow and have to me before, but so have any other wipers I've ever purchased. And they are great at hwy speeds for clearing rain given their design. Probably something you can see for yourself if/when you get one.

Accessories...that really depends on where you live. Here in CO, the all weather floor mats are a must as well as a clear "bra" and splash guards. I also opted for a moonroof visor which, for me at least, does quiet down the wind noise when it's open. It takes a little bit away from the open feel of the moonroof, but I think the benefits outweigh that 1 drawback.

Thanks!

I see. I never drove a car with moonroof before, so i do not really know the difference. Might ask the sales later.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:29 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by plausible

Gotta.. How about the cargo lining?
Old 02-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Racer

If you're going to put dirty things like bicycles in the back, then the cargo lining is really great.

fyi - accessories like this can usually be bought much more cheaply on EBay than from your local dealer. There are several authorized Acura dealers on EBay selling genuine parts.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wipers are fine. Not sure what problems people are having with them. I've had my RDX for almost a year.

As for accessories I would get the all-weather mats and the cargo liner and net. Depending on if you do any outdoor activities you might want to get the roof rack but I wouldn't get it if you're not going to use it. If you're planning on a trailer hitch for say a bike rack or something, wait to get an after market Hidden Hitch trailer. Tons of us have one and they work great and you can do it yourself.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Racer

Get the dealer to throw in extras like cargo mat, mud flaps, clear bra, etc.. If you already purchased your RDX, eBay like someone else just posted, is a really good way to save alot of loot. I bought my roof rack, moon roof visor and running boards on line at Acura dealers posting on eBay.

However, I really like the Weathertech cargo tray. I havent bought it yet, but theirs covers the whole back, unlike the factory one.

Weathertech will soon be selling the side window deflectors for the RDX. I had a set on my TSX and got used to them. They're great.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by CSpaR
Weathertech will soon be selling the side window deflectors for the RDX. I had a set on my TSX and got used to them. They're great.
did weathertech confirm they'll be selling the window deflectors? I emailed them 3 weeks ago and they said they weren't and asked me to check back in the near future... if they are that would be great, i've had window deflectors since my first car and they are wonderful.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Racer

I also called them and asked, it was about a couple of months ago. They said they are working on the RDX deflectors and would have them for sale in 12 weeks (3 months).

The reason I called them was that Crutchfield had it on their website for sale. I even called them and they said yes they have it.

lol So now I dont know what to believe.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:57 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
I have, running boards, roof rack, cross bars, Ipod adaptor thingy, some RDX film to protect the rear bumper loading zone (I got a pre-owned vehicle)....None is essential to me....the running boards (sometimes) are more trouble than help, they are good to clean the roof though....I have never used the roof rack or crossbars, the car is too tall to make it convenient...the Ipod connection is useless, and I think that they are not offering it anymore....the film in the back is somewhat useful, but I don't load things that are heavy or can damage the bumper...
If you have pets, or bikes or use to load stuff in the car, I would go for the factory cover, it seems nice....If you are in a snowy/muddy area, all season mats are a must...I would get the hitch if is not too much trouble in terms of $$, this can actually be useful for attachments like bike racks or cargo trays (towing capacity of the RDX is only 1,500lb)....any plastic "cladding" (wind deflectors, bug deflectors, etc.) can be added later in the aftermarket world.
Oh, mine also has the 19" chrome wheels, which look great, but the ride suffers a lot IMO.
Wheel locks??
Old 02-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1.9%

(because of the 1.9% leasing rate)

Where are you getting 1.9%?

Best I was quoted on lease was equal to 6%.

Dealers told me lease rate higher due to dealer cash.