Best body color for the RDX?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Best body color for the RDX?

What is the best body color for the RDX? Is it CGP? Silver? Bronze? Red? Or???

What do you think?

Will you all please post more photos of their RDX please!!! Thanks!
Old 11-01-2006, 07:43 PM
Sporty X type

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
CGP of course!! Go to the thread titled "Owners RDX Pictures". You can see many there!
Old 11-01-2006, 07:52 PM
Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i love my white
Old 11-01-2006, 08:08 PM
Intermediate

I have the Carbon Gray Pearl which hides dirt and shifts in color from blue to dark grey depending on lighting conditions. I have to say the Red Pearl, White and Black all look really sharp as well. DN Photography has some great pictures of the white on another thread.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:33 PM
Carbon Bronze RDX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like Carbon Bronze (obviously) as well as Carbon Grey. I think those two metallic colors look the best with the factory wheels and "silver" color of the grill and headlight surrounds, as well as being pretty good at masking dirt and whatnot. Plus, they aren't shades you see on every other car out there. Silver is equally good, but is available on just about every car...

After owning one black car I had enough... it's impossible to keep it looking great, which it does for a second after waxing it. I didn't think I'd like white, but I have to admit it's pretty nice. Doesn't look like a "rolling refrigerator" as some white cars can. I'm not a fan of the reddish color. Don't like trucks, or sedans, in red or it's variants. When we took delivery of our RDX, a Blue one was parked in the bay next to us for delivery as well. It looks best with the tan interior, and for similar reasons to not liking black exteriors, I don't like tan interiors (it was the same car, go figure...).

Cheers,
Phil
Old 11-01-2006, 09:41 PM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

Cgp

Originally Posted by Lrpba300
CGP of course!! Go to the thread titled "Owners RDX Pictures". You can see many there!
Yes, CGP RDX were sold the most and matches the stock rims best. I guess that's why Acura picks it as the model car on the brochure. It is also the new popular color. You can see lot of new cars with this color. In general, metalic color can hide dirt better. Silver is kind of outdated already. Way too many cars with silver, any brand, any model........... The bronze on the RDX is too light, it would be better if it is bronze as the G35's bronze.

Black is nice but too too too painful to keep it clean. Buy it if you have a full time dedicated guy to do car wash
Old 11-01-2006, 09:45 PM
Cruisin'

Silver/Black Leather for me, been my favorite combination since E46 Bimmers
Old 11-01-2006, 10:03 PM
5th Gear

I had been thinking Carbon Gray Pearl and was about to pull the trigger on purchasing one. Then my local dealer got one in Moroccan Red Pearl that caught my eye. Since he didn't have a CGP/Taupe with Tech in stock, but did have the MRP/Taupe with Tech, I bought the MRP. And it looks great with the stock wheels!

I don't think you can go wrong with either Carbon Gray Pearl or Moroccan Red Pearl. Let me tell you though... I have gotten lots of compliments on the RDX and the color in the 5 days I've owned it. I'm not sure I would have gotten as many compliments on the color if I had chosen CGP. MRP looks awesome in the sunshine!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:31 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by DigitalJohn
I had been thinking Carbon Gray Pearl and was about to pull the trigger on purchasing one. Then my local dealer got one in Moroccan Red Pearl that caught my eye. Since he didn't have a CGP/Taupe with Tech in stock, but did have the MRP/Taupe with Tech, I bought the MRP. And it looks great with the stock wheels!

I don't think you can go wrong with either Carbon Gray Pearl or Moroccan Red Pearl. Let me tell you though... I have gotten lots of compliments on the RDX and the color in the 5 days I've owned it. I'm not sure I would have gotten as many compliments on the color if I had chosen CGP. MRP looks awesome in the sunshine!
First the tough choice was the car. Once I'd decided on the RDX, it was tech or non tech. Now that I've decided on tech I'm stuck on the color.

I can't really tell how the MRP looks on the car. In some pics it looks maroon, in other pics it looks red red. I think I'm between that and CGP. I just can't decide!!!
Old 11-02-2006, 12:45 AM
Cruisin'

I had a silver car previously which was great for hiding dirt. I wanted something different this time and went for the Royal Pearl Blue with Ebony interior. Very happy with it, personally I find some of the other colors a little bland, the only problem is that I know it will show dirt more than some others, oh well, all part of the fun, just have to wash and wax a little more often. I liked the look with the ebony interior. I had to wait awhile for this combo to become available, definitely feel it was worth the wait. Whatever you choose I think you will really enjoy the car. Have fun!
Old 11-02-2006, 12:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I really like the royal blue, except for the name. it doesn't look like any royal blue I've ever seen. I would have gotten the blue except that I have a camry that is very similar to that blue.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:25 AM
Advanced

no one say anything about black?

I think black is the BEST....PERIOD
Old 11-02-2006, 08:19 AM
Instructor

Actually saw another RDX yesterday in the neighborhood (the fourth I've seen on the road now, including mine). It was a shiny black, looks very nice but mine is white. As I've mentioned before in another post, dark colors make the RDX look very sporty/intimidating while the light colors make the car look bigger.

Edited because I was typing before my first coffee of the day
Old 11-02-2006, 10:57 AM
Advanced

love CG, a little boring, but similar to silver in that it hides dirt and scratches,...not as good as silver though.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:00 AM
Carbon Bronze RDX

Originally Posted by acurardx
Yes, CGP RDX were sold the most and matches the stock rims best. I guess that's why Acura picks it as the model car on the brochure.
ahh, but it is carbon BRONZE pearl that is on the brouchure...

all in good fun,
phil
Old 11-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

carbon BRONZE pearl

The carbon BRONZE pearl looks better on the brochure. I think the bronze is too light under sunlight.

If I remmeber correct, CGP is almost on the brochure.

Anyway, people can pick their own favourite color. We don't want everyone driving the same car same color
Old 11-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by kalihoku77
First the tough choice was the car. Once I'd decided on the RDX, it was tech or non tech. Now that I've decided on tech I'm stuck on the color.

I can't really tell how the MRP looks on the car. In some pics it looks maroon, in other pics it looks red red. I think I'm between that and CGP. I just can't decide!!!

I have a red one and it looks great. Looks red in most light.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Sporty X type

I personally think that the color choices for the RDX are some of the best for a new car line I've seen in quite some time. I've never liked many red colors for the most part, but even the Morrocan red looked great. I didn't like the setup on the one they had when I bought mine, but I just love that gray / blue pearl color of the Carbon Gray Pearl! Always one of my favorites.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:20 PM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

Color

Originally Posted by Philbert
ahh, but it is carbon BRONZE pearl that is on the brouchure...

all in good fun,
phil
The bronze on the first photo is what I like. and maybe willing to buy it instead of CGP. However, in reality, it looks like the one on the 2nd photo, too light bronze.....
Old 11-02-2006, 10:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really like both CGP and CBP. The first and only RDX I have seen in public was CBP and it looked very very nice. CGP, however, more closely matches our AM TL. I also really like NBP, but it's impossible to keep clean.

Mike
Old 11-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Advanced

The carbon BRONZE pearl looks better on the brochure. I think the bronze is too light under sunlight.

If I remmeber correct, CGP is almost on the brochure.

Anyway, people can pick their own favourite color. We don't want everyone driving the same car same color
Of course color is always subjective but...
I completely agree that the color of the Carbon Bronze Pearl is a bit misleading in the brochure. I was actually shooting for a Carbon Bronze Pearl until I saw it in person. As many others have mentioned it is much lighter than the pictures in the brochure. The CGP I ended up with is a much richer color, although it does have hints of purple which might turn some people off. I almost went for white out of sheer practicality (I live in Florida and white cars stay cooler) but when I finally saw one I was glad I did not. I would love to see a Moroccan Red in person.

On the interior, I went with taupe. Black just gets too hot in Florida. I liked the taupe better anyway. I wish they had the beautiful parachment color (a great warm tan) they offer in the TL.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:26 PM
Carbon Bronze RDX

Originally Posted by dennarda
Of course color is always subjective but...
I completely agree that the color of the Carbon Bronze Pearl is a bit misleading in the brochure. I was actually shooting for a Carbon Bronze Pearl until I saw it in person. As many others have mentioned it is much lighter than the pictures in the brochure.
I think that the two different brochure images I posted above are fairly indicative of the range of color you get with the Carbon Bronze in different lighting conditions (the top, darker, with more grey in it shade at night, and the brighter, more reddish shade in daylight.

That said, color doesn't usually translate from one medium to another very well. Just think of paint cards, and how the color ends up on your wall.

Cheers,
Phil
Old 11-04-2006, 09:00 AM
Advanced

Carbon Bronze in the dealer lot at 4pm (start of dusk) looked a little too "baby poop brown" for me ... I signed on for Carbon Grey. I second guessed myself, went back in the morning to look at silver, blue, and red again ...

Silver ... really nice, very crisp ... way too many silver cars out there
Blue ... deep & rich ... too much like black, on the lot was showing dust like mad
Red ... looks great on paper - in person, too much orange in it for me
White ... nice - not my cup of tea though
Black ... always classic, always dirty (I remember winters with my deep blue A6)

I took the CGP - and am not regretting it. The color is still pretty unique. I also questioned the interior color - I have ebony but wanted Taupe - now I'm glad I went with the darker.

-mj
Old 11-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

Agree

Originally Posted by MJ-bos
Silver ... really nice, very crisp ... way too many silver cars out there
Blue ... deep & rich ... too much like black, on the lot was showing dust like mad
Red ... looks great on paper - in person, too much orange in it for me
White ... nice - not my cup of tea though
Black ... always classic, always dirty (I remember winters with my deep blue A6)

I took the CGP - and am not regretting it. The color is still pretty unique. I also questioned the interior color - I have ebony but wanted Taupe - now I'm glad I went with the darker.

-mj
I have exact same comments ! Take the ebony, it matches the CGP better and you won't worry about the dirt marks or anything on the Taupe (it will eventually happen)
Old 11-04-2006, 11:25 PM
Jeb
Advanced

I have exact same comments ! Take the ebony, it matches the CGP better and you won't worry about the dirt marks or anything on the Taupe (it will eventually happen)
Sorry, but have to throw in my

I chose the CGP with taupe because I like the two tones that come with the taupe -- the darker on the dash and the lighter on the seats. I also think it matches great! Darker exterior, lighter interior -- nice contrast. Also didn't want to deal with the heat in the summer with a black interior.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:16 PM
Sporty X type

Congrats MJ! You chose the best EXTERIOR color, IMHO!

...now, as far as the interior goes, well, I think the ebony goes better w/ the CGP, others seem to think different! (j/k jeb!)
Old 11-10-2006, 02:00 AM
1st Gear

Moroccan Red Pearl

I saw an Acura RDX in Moroccan Red Pearl at the Seattle Auto Show a few weeks ago. This was an inside location, and it looked great. I hope to see one at a local dealership soon so I can see what it looks like outdoors.

Here are a few pictures I took:

-Allen

2001 Acura 3.2 CL Nav
Old 11-10-2006, 10:15 AM
Advanced

Well, if they don't get one it, you can always check mine out! It's usually covered in a layer of "dirt" and rain, but it still looks awesome!

Originally Posted by allenspruill
I saw an Acura RDX in Moroccan Red Pearl at the Seattle Auto Show a few weeks ago. This was an inside location, and it looked great. I hope to see one at a local dealership soon so I can see what it looks like outdoors.

Here are a few pictures I took:

-Allen

2001 Acura 3.2 CL Nav
Old 11-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Drifting

WOW! Allen and Amy, this Moroccan Red is BEAUTIFUL! I see why people said that it's orangey, but to me, that is just a great orangey red! I now think that the Moroccan Red is the best color, followed by CGP and Bronze. This red color makes the car look a bit like the A3... which is a a good thing!
Old 11-10-2006, 03:56 PM
Advanced

Strangely enough, I never see the orange in mine. I see red and a bit of maroon, but never the orange that other people have referred to.

Originally Posted by ostrich
WOW! Allen and Amy, this Moroccan Red is BEAUTIFUL! I see why people said that it's orangey, but to me, that is just a great orangey red! I now think that the Moroccan Red is the best color, followed by CGP and Bronze. This red color makes the car look a bit like the A3... which is a a good thing!
Old 11-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Drifting

I think we are talking about the same thing

Originally Posted by amypinseattle
Strangely enough, I never see the orange in mine. I see red and a bit of maroon, but never the orange that other people have referred to.
Amy, I think that we are really talking about the same thing, but it's just a matter of different terminology. Maroon is really a brownish red, hence some people may refer it to being "orangey". Whereas the other kind of red is more blue-based, e.g. burgundy.