anyone is southern california getting discounts yet??

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 05:31 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone is southern california getting discounts yet??

were moving ther in 4 days and are looking to buy an RDX, curious if people are still paying MSRP there.

Landon
Old 09-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Jeb
Advanced

Originally Posted by boosted_dc2
were moving ther in 4 days and are looking to buy an RDX, curious if people are still paying MSRP there.

Landon
Hey Landon -
Were you originally looking in NH/MA? i thought you were haggling it out with dealers. Did you have any success or come close to a deal with anyone?
Jeb
Old 09-24-2006, 09:36 PM
rdxsteverino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Landon
Of my several calls and a couple visits to dealers, no one in the South Bay area of LA has offerred a discount off MSRP, but they have been willing to talk about discounts for options. I'm still a month or two away from my purchase so still beating the bushes. Let us know if you find anyone willing to deal.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jeb
Hey Landon -
Were you originally looking in NH/MA? i thought you were haggling it out with dealers. Did you have any success or come close to a deal with anyone?
Jeb

initally they were not, no dealers from here to vermont to new york. but then about 1-2 weeks ago i started getting all these calls from dealers. they said to come in to "talk" and see if we can work something out. one salesmanager said that he can allow me to stick to my "policy" of not paying msrp for any vehicle. and still follow his "policy" to not sell a vehicle at a "loss" as he put it. i told him im moving and sold both my cars so i am in no need of one anymore. i checked his invintory and alot of other dealers, and i will say they are TONS available. i dont think there selling as much as everyone is sayng. so i think they are ready to start dropping the price....i may be wrong but they seem pretty persistant on a car that "sells itself".

Landon
Old 09-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Carsdirect is showing a $1000 dealer markup on the RDX in the LA region.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Instructor

Lightbulb Carsdirect and Edmunds...

Originally Posted by darth62
Carsdirect is showing a $1000 dealer markup on the RDX in the LA region.
......"real world prices" as they call them are the biggest bunch of BS there is. When my friend bought his Lexus RX, they showed them as selling near MSRP, when he actually got one for $600 over invoice
Old 09-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My experience with Carsdirect in the LA area is that it works just like Costco's car buying service or the car buying service from your local credit union. They tend to get better prices than a bad negotiator would get, but prices that are not as good as an aggressive negotiator might get.

In any case, the fact that they are listing a price $1000 above MSRP in this region suggests to me that discounts are not going to be very common at this point.

Now, if you wait about four or five months, that will be different.

IMO, now is not the time to buy if you can avoid it.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:49 PM
Advanced

Last week the dealer in Turnersville NJ had 3 tech packages available and on the lot. This week I recieved emails from 2 other dealers in the philly area saying there were end of month specials. Since I already got mine, I don't want to know what the specials are, but if there are cars on the lot, you can negotiate

initally they were not, no dealers from here to vermont to new york. but then about 1-2 weeks ago i started getting all these calls from dealers. they said to come in to "talk" and see if we can work something out. one salesmanager said that he can allow me to stick to my "policy" of not paying msrp for any vehicle. and still follow his "policy" to not sell a vehicle at a "loss" as he put it. i told him im moving and sold both my cars so i am in no need of one anymore. i checked his invintory and alot of other dealers, and i will say they are TONS available. i dont think there selling as much as everyone is sayng. so i think they are ready to start dropping the price....i may be wrong but they seem pretty persistant on a car that "sells itself".

Landon
Old 09-28-2006, 01:20 AM
Intermediate

i went into south coast acura today. what a bunch of tool bags!!! took 20 minutes to get greeted (well if you call it that) after being walked by 10 times. then out of 20 rdx's on the lot they had no black/black tech. the guy said maybee they could transfer one, but told me to check back in a week or 2. hello!!! you moron i just told you i want to buy now, and im driving a rental. he was really working to earn some business. so tomorow im going to some more dealers, ill never go there again.

Landon
Old 09-28-2006, 02:29 AM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Dealers in Wappingers Falls NY just outside NYC and Middletown NY are starting to negotiate. 1 offered me 37k flat for tech with bunch of options installed and including the delivery fee, other said "we can work something out" havent gone there yet though....food for thought
Old 09-28-2006, 09:31 AM
Instructor

i went into south coast acura today. what a bunch of tool bags!!! took 20 minutes to get greeted (well if you call it that) after being walked by 10 times. then out of 20 rdx's on the lot they had no black/black tech. the guy said maybee they could transfer one, but told me to check back in a week or 2. hello!!! you moron i just told you i want to buy now, and im driving a rental. he was really working to earn some business. so tomorow im going to some more dealers, ill never go there again.

Landon
Check out Sierra Acura in Alhambra. Ask for Alvin.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:26 PM
Advanced

Ive been to two dealers in the midwest...1 was still in the state of insanity thiking they will get msrp or higher...while they had 5+ sitting on the lot. THe other, in a smaller city, had 8+ and was willing to deal. I didnt enter negotiations as I did not have my trade in car with me...butI have a good feeling I can get at least 1k off. They simply are not flying off the lot like the dealers like to claim. If anyonecan wait till Dec, i bet that $1k off will be the norm. The vibe out there has died down considerably with actualy owners posting of negative gas mileage results.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:36 AM
2008 Honda Civic Mugen Si

I got $1100 discount off the MSRP from Mac Churchill Acura in Fort Worth, Texas. I emailed several Acura dealership in Oklahoma and Texas and no one was discounting the Tech Package, but a few was willing to go lower than MSRP for the base model.

At first Mac Churchill was trying really hard to sell me the base but I told them no matter how good of a deal they try to give me for the base model we wanted Navi in our RDX since we're so used to it in our 03 Accord. To my surprise they finally gave in and first offered $500 off the MSRP for the Tech. After several more phone calls back and forth they went to as low as $900 off but I was still trying to get the auto dimming mirrors for free. So we stopped by this past Saturday and that was the first time ever we saw the RDX, took the demo car for a spin and we bargain some more. At the end they won't go any lower than $1100 and they refuse to give me any free accessories. My wife was getting impatient, hehe, so I finally agreed to the deal. The car was just delivered yesterday morning and we're driving back to Forth Worth today after lunch to pick it up.

I did call a few other dealer again after I know I was getting a discount on the Tech Pkg from Mac Churchill, but no one was taking me seriously. So for anyone looking the base model, you'll have a good chance of getting them to go lower than MSRP. As far as the Tech Pkg. it's still pretty rare to find one that's willing to go lower than MSRP anywhere in the country.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Intermediate

yea i called a local acura dealer here in southern cali. and i got a quote of 500 off msrp including dest., thats without even going in and playing hardball. well see today hopefully i can beat him up a little.

Landon
Old 10-04-2006, 09:54 PM
rdxsteverino

yea i called a local acura dealer here in southern cali. and i got a quote of 500 off msrp including dest., thats without even going in and playing hardball. well see today hopefully i can beat him up a little.

Landon
That's interesting. Was that with or without tech? Mind telling me which dealer? Please keep us filled in on the outcome.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:15 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rdxsteverino
That's interesting. Was that with or without tech? Mind telling me which dealer? Please keep us filled in on the outcome.
with tech.

yea sure, since i think were going with the lexus is instead. the rdx is too much right now. can get the is for invoice, so were going with that.

i called Wier Canyon, and got a quote of 500 bellow MSRP. I then called Cerritos acura adn she said nothng below MSRP, i told her i can get what i want and the car is instock for 500 of msrp without even going in yet. She said, well we can beat that deal. I then went to DCH Tustin acura in person. i asked the salesman straight up what is the most discount they have given. he said 800 off msrp, but then said they are the biggest acura dealer yada yada yada and are here to sell cars. so he said if there is a better number he needs to get to to make the deal he would do it.

so just be persiatant, shop around AND DONT GET IMPATIENT AND GIVE IN. i think the right person with the right negotiating skills can get one for 1000-1500 off msrp right now. these places all had tons in stock, i dont care what anyone says there not selling like the dealers are claiming.

Landon
Old 10-05-2006, 06:36 AM
rdxsteverino

Thanks Landon. You've given me some good leads to start with.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:11 PM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Feder's Acura Middletown, NY

38k even with roof rack, day/night mirror, Protection pkg (Splash Gaurds, All weather matts, Cargo tray, wheel locks), Body side molding, upgraded shift knob, front underbody spoiler
Old 10-21-2006, 10:24 AM
10th Gear

Discount

I got mine for $300 below base price of the car, so I didn't pay for destination, roof rack, surfboard rack or cargo tray. This was at Mission Viejo Acura.

I negotiated the deal before the dealer had the vehicle on the lot. There was one other RDX with the combo (gray/tech) I wanted in OC and they wanted a little more. I think a lot depends on whether they have the vehicle you want on the lot or not.

Good luck.