after 6 weeks of no TLC, brought my RDX for auto car wash...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
after 6 weeks of no TLC, brought my RDX for auto car wash...

There is this local car wash in the town I am staying in, was not touchless, rather soft cloth type, and with a guide rail to pul your vehicle through. I was really nervous initially, as the operator guided me through the car wash. The RDX wheels width are not the smallest at 18". But it worked out, and the car came out pretty clean. For $10 a wash (with undercarriage spray), in this frigid cold weather, it is well worth it.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
I use a local carwash and select the "premium" wash which costs like $13. I too was nervous the first time but one gets used to it. I've seen much fancier and more expensive cars go through it than an RDX so I figured it must be fine. The wash comes out quite well including wheels, under carriage, and some sort of hot wax. I then drive home which is just around the corner and wipe down the excess water and do some quick detailing and the RDX looks great! I used to do all my own car washing, etc for years but I'm just getting too lazy in my old age after working long hours each week.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:55 AM
2008 Acura RDX

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
I heard that!!
Old 12-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Burning Brakes

I stopped worrying about it once the kiddos came. My days of 12 coats of Zaino are long gone. I have been just going to a place that does exterior wash, vacuum/compressed air, wheels, and a spray wax for $20. Then every three or four months I drop it by a place near my work for a hand wax. Plenty good enough for the family truckster and I get my Saturday's back to spend with my kids.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by brizey
I stopped worrying about it once the kiddos came. My days of 12 coats of Zaino are long gone. I have been just going to a place that does exterior wash, vacuum/compressed air, wheels, and a spray wax for $20. Then every three or four months I drop it by a place near my work for a hand wax. Plenty good enough for the family truckster and I get my Saturday's back to spend with my kids.
Yep. I don’t have kids but I really don’t have the energy or want to waste precious weekend time cleaning/detailing the car for hours on end. I used to do it ever since I starting driving but several years ago I made the transition to using a carwash.

Today’s car finishes are extremely durable. It’s not like the old days where the paint would oxidize if not regularly waxed/maintained.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:26 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a ditto on all that has been written here. We have a relatively new car wash and if you buy gas from them the price is about $2.50. I take the
RDX through and it comes out cleaner than I could hand wash it. Not a scratch on it. I just don't have the energy or time to do it myself anymore.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Yup... love the auto car wash in the winters...

Brrrr...... man it is freezing to day in Mass.!!! It is -12C with the wind chill. Hate this weather... Where is California???

Always curious why companies don't situate themselves in areas with the most desirable weather conditions... like California, hawaii, washington state... instead they tend to localize on the east coast where you get frigid cold winters and hot humid summers...
Old 12-17-2009, 11:24 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mav238
Yup... love the auto car wash in the winters...

Brrrr...... man it is freezing to day in Mass.!!! It is -12C with the wind chill. Hate this weather... Where is California???

Always curious why companies don't situate themselves in areas with the most desirable weather conditions... like California, hawaii, washington state... instead they tend to localize on the east coast where you get frigid cold winters and hot humid summers...
Why don't you tell us who your employer is? You're obviously very miserable here in MA so maybe we can help you get back to your Vancouver ASAP lol

Seriously, though, most locations have their pros and cons. We in the northeast are gifted with ...seasons. We get to experience all of it. Winter is not a happy month for auto enthusiasts but boy, with the 12 degrees weather tonight, I felt my RDX had endless power! The turbo loves the crisp cold air! Go out there and enjoy it...you've got butt warmers after all!
Old 12-18-2009, 07:49 AM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by mav238

It seems that you want to be out west...get in your car, start driving, look at the compass and try to keep it in the W, once you hit the ocean you got there...Oh, while you are there, don't complaint about fires, earthquakes, traffic, mudslides, or anything else....

Originally Posted by RDXBOYMA
Why don't you tell us who your employer is? You're obviously very miserable here in MA so maybe we can help you get back to your Vancouver ASAP lol
I'll sign that petition....