features... most probably we can expect these features in the 09
RDX as well.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/acura-tsx.html

after owning 2 TSXs.. it's a shame what they did to this car with that
fugly grill.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:10 PM
08 PMM/Black Tech

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's unreal what Acura is doing to its lineup just to add the fugly grill in there. I thought about picking up the new TSX but the grill is a major turn off to me. I'm going to forget about it and start looking at the IS 250/350

The grill on the RDX is already a bit of a turn off to me, but since it's on a truck I can live with it.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For what it's worth, I really like the new interior
Old 03-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm interested in their iPod hook-up. It looks like the cable for the end of the iPod was connected to a USB cable that went into the UBS port in the car. ANyone else know anything about this? I'm getting an RDX in a couple of weeks and really wish Acura had a good iPod interface. I think I'll just get the NEO system and have my dad help me install it into the car. Until then I'll just use the AUX functionality of the stereo system.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:48 PM
dio
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts
I just took a look at these new updated picture provided by the OP.
I really dont understand how anyone at Acura actually thought this new grill is attractive or actually thought it fit well in terms of design. It is just wat too much platinum color on it if it was more black I think it would have been a lot nice but thats just MHO.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:48 PM
dio
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts
btw I do however like the interior.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:50 PM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
i like the american accord MUCH better than this thing. accord gives u much more car too. not feelin the new tsx design AT ALL. whats up with that front underbite? yuck. Ill take the honda please, potent v6, thank you. not sure id even be into the type s of this tsx design.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by MMike1981
i like the american accord MUCH better than this thing. accord gives u much more car too. not feelin the new tsx design AT ALL. whats up with that front underbite? yuck. Ill take the honda please, potent v6, thank you. not sure id even be into the type s of this tsx design.
couldn't agree more!

The front under hang looks horrible, the grill looks horrible. Fix those things, toss in the 3.2 V6 from the base TL and this thing is a huge winner. Boggles the mind that Acura can't see that.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Racer

Yeah the new interior is very nice. Like a small evolution of the RDX interior. Button layout seems a bit more logical and the panels are more fluid.

I actually don't mind the new grille with the silver paint. It's just nasty on darker colours...black especially. IMO, the only front end Acura got right is the new MDX.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:55 PM
08 PMM/Black Tech

Originally Posted by Boon
IMO, the only front end Acura got right is the new MDX.
I bet they'll replace that nice grill with the "new Acura" grill in the next mid cycle.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:24 PM
El Chulo...

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Wink back to the future!

I agree to disagree... I think the overall styling is pretty good 7.6/10. The new grill is ok until you get to that black plastic. The interior is a big improvment, just like a mini RDX inside. The Exterior is different it looks more muscular with some sharp edges. We are all used to and love the current TSX, but its like a new girlfriend we just have to warm up to her. she could be better than the ex! Especially in type-S form with our mighty RDX engine...?
Old 03-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by VeNeNo
I agree to disagree... I think the overall styling is pretty good 7.6/10. The new grill is ok until you get to that black plastic. The interior is a big improvment, just like a mini RDX inside. The Exterior is different it looks more muscular with some sharp edges. We are all used to and love the current TSX, but its like a new girlfriend we just have to warm up to her. she could be better than the ex! Especially in type-S form with our mighty RDX engine...?
VeNeNo do you have some pent up issues about ex-girlfriends that you would like to discuss with us! We're here for ya man but I think that's another forum!

But I will say...I do like "warming up" girlfriends. Time to get back to my wife!
Old 03-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess I am alone here, but I really enjoy the new styling. I don't think the grill is ugly at all, personally - but for that matter I really like the shield application on the MDX as well. To each his own...
Old 03-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 234 Posts
and Honda used to be criticized for staid, anonymous styling, at least they're trying now. It seems to carry over from the new corporate look Accord front.

(How about the giant Audi grill, fer cryin' out loud.)
Old 03-22-2008, 11:07 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It will take a few passes to get use to the new styling. The underbite bumper screams accessories sales for Acura. I am damn sure that the font chin spoiler will make things better, just like the front lower spoiler on the RDX. The rear end is not that bad, but the front end is questionable. Give it some time to get use to. I think Acura's style of cars always take a bit of time to get use to.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:58 AM
Pro

Not worse looking than our RDX grill. The intercooler grill is the only thing that I do not like about my RDX.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:37 AM
boostin'

AHHH MAN!! I use to own a TSX and loved that car, so I was looking forward to the new one and considering getting one when my RDX lease is up in a couple years, but the new TSX is not attractive looking! It appears that they threw on an ugly front and rear end onto the old body--WHY??!!!
I agree with what someone else said, the new Accord looks better!!
Dissapointing!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by SinCity
Not worse looking than our RDX grill. The intercooler grill is the only thing that I do not like about my RDX.
Agreed.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:40 AM
Instructor

What is the point of the TSX? The vehicle seems pointless. A cheap piece of crap just to get people into an Acura? That seems to be the only purpose. I do like the TL, however, but Honda/Acura seems to put out models each year that are underpowered compared to the price competition.

As a first time Acura buyer, I just wish Acuras had a more edgy exterior, like the Infiniti FX 35/45, or ferocious like the new BMW sedans (Bimmer SUVs are bland looking) or the new Dodge Charger, especially the rare SRT-8. The new MDX is the closest Acura has ever come to an arrogant, polarizing design. The MDX is Acuras most attractive looking vehicle. The previous generation MDX of just a couple of years ago was soccer mom bland. The only way I'll buy another RDX is if Acura brings an edgy, bold design to the next gen, something more arrogant looking than Infiniti's FX.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Pro

I think it's horrible myself. The same, well less actually, power output, but in a heavier, uglier car.

That grill looks alright on the MDX, but it has no place on a car. The new RL looks like they put a moustache onto an Accord and they barely bumped power, yet they will charge 5 series prices for it.

Acura is making revisions where it seems their competition is upgrading.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:11 AM
big shot.

a cheap piece of crap?

lol

another excellent quote from mr plainsman.

aside from infiniti who doesnt really make an entry level to the brand, you should check your powerplant information against BMW,Benz, & Lexus entry level sedans. see what they pack under the hood and then wallop you over the top of the head with a stupid sticker price.

IS250 - 204 HP
3 Series - 230 HP
C class - 228 HP

& all costing more

Acura produces the TSX to give consumers a premium brand feel, while also making the car affordable with some vanity. People who dont want the average accord or camry but dont want to pay thru the nose for more often than not less reliable, and poor resale value vehicles (lexus excluded)

your first acura purchase is showing how little you actually know about the brand and what you are driving.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:28 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by ThePlainsman
What is the point of the TSX? The vehicle seems pointless. A cheap piece of crap just to get people into an Acura? That seems to be the only purpose. I do like the TL, however, but Honda/Acura seems to put out models each year that are underpowered compared to the price competition.

As a first time Acura buyer, I just wish Acuras had a more edgy exterior, like the Infiniti FX 35/45, or ferocious like the new BMW sedans (Bimmer SUVs are bland looking) or the new Dodge Charger, especially the rare SRT-8. The new MDX is the closest Acura has ever come to an arrogant, polarizing design. The MDX is Acuras most attractive looking vehicle. The previous generation MDX of just a couple of years ago was soccer mom bland. The only way I'll buy another RDX is if Acura brings an edgy, bold design to the next gen, something more arrogant looking than Infiniti's FX.
I think a post from a story on autoblog sums it up perfectly:

"It seems people want this car to be more than it is. It's not a hard-core sports sedan; it's pretty much just a holistically excellent car; handles well, gets good mileage, is reliable, has decent features, good power and is priced very well.

About the only competition are upper-level trims of mainstream sedans (that don't handle as well, nor have the same equipment levels), stripped-down entry-level lux sedans (the IS, A3/A4, 9-3, S40 or 3-Series at this price point are slow and spartan) or hotted two- and four-doors (Evo, WRX, Mustang, etc) that are way down on refinement.

About the only direct competitor still available is the Jetta, which requires taking a bit of a risk with regards to reliability.

Again, this car is like a nice lunch. It didn't cost you much, and it may not have had the largest portions or the finest ingredients, but overall it was well done and a great value. I personally don't see what's wrong with that, and I suspect that a lot of people who aren't hardcore enthusiasts will, too. Holistically good cars don't play well to spec-sheet jockeys and gearheads, but they do sell well to everyone else.

Acura could up the car's power (and wreck the TSX's generally dynamics), but that would put it's price uncomfortably close to the TL, which most Acura buyers would have gone for anyway. If anything, Acura should decontent this car and try to get the buyers it lost when it killed the RSX."
Old 03-28-2008, 11:11 AM
boostin'

Ya whoever said the ignorant "cheap piece of crap" comment needs to check themselves! That is horribly way off base!
I've owned both a BMW 3 series and a TSX, and the TSX was by far the better all around fit and finish, the Bimmer had issues all the time!

I loved my 2004 TSX, the only thing I wanted was more power. The new TSX-S should take care of that once it's released, however I'm not so sure about the exterior styling!
Old 03-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Not an Ashtray

There is a reason you get so little respect on this boad - crass statements like this about vehicles you know absolutely nothing about.

I have a TSX, love it to death. That is the major reason I would like to buy another Acura. The ownership experience has been great. Its a lot of fun to drive, has been bullet proof reliable, and it is very easy to live with. The comfy seats, great driving position, and all the little thoughtful touches. Probably has been the best car I ever owned, and we had 3-series, Audis, M-Bs, etc.

And, you guys will have to count me in the minority. I like the way the MDX and RDX both look. I think they're some of the nicest looking SUVs on the road and believe they will continue to look great for years tocome.

And, I even like the new RL and TSX.

I do think you'll see most of the new TSX features in the RDX, BTW (particularly XM weather and the traffic re-routing) and suspect that is the reason the model run will be a bit short this year.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:17 PM
big shot.

hes getting closer and closer to..........AP..........almost on the ignore list. another post like the one above the guy is history in my book.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Pro

I'm not a big fan of the new TSX myself since you are buying a badge IMO. It's a very nice, well thought out car, but i drove one several times (6 speed) and it was just slow.

You can get cars with similar features and more performance for similar money. I ended up with a Maxima for the same price. Bigger car for sure, not much heavier and with much more go.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by cwepruk
I'm not a big fan of the new TSX myself since you are buying a badge IMO. It's a very nice, well thought out car, but i drove one several times (6 speed) and it was just slow.

You can get cars with similar features and more performance for similar money. I ended up with a Maxima for the same price. Bigger car for sure, not much heavier and with much more go.
Agreed. I still have my V6 Altima, although I recently handed it down to my 17 year old daughter. The Altima was loaded when I bought it: heated leather, HIDs, 350 watt BOSE, low profile Turanzas on all four paws. Dam, I loved that car! Much better than the TSX, I felt it was better than the pricier TL. My brother used to own an Acura TL-Type S, same year as my Altima. Three years in we traded cars for a weekend just to see how the other half lived. Afterwards, we compared notes. BOTH us preferred the Altima. His less than three year old TL-Type S had squeaks and rattles (good for him it was a lease). My Altima was tight as new, and I drive my cars hard.

My brother turned in his TL-Type S and picked up a new Chrysler 300-C. Like me, my brother prefers to try different brands and models. We're not fanboys.

But I have to admit the redesigned TL is a nice looking car. It got me into the showroom to take a close look at the RDX Tech. I hated the bland conservative look of the RDX, especially with the roof rack on the one in the showroom. It looked kinda...wimpy. Then I got a peek at the interior and drove one. I took the demo out on the interstate and got it up to 125, at night! I exited on a twisty, mountain road that was so dark I had to turn on the high beam Xenons! I was whipping around pitch dark hairpins lined with trees just to see what all the bragging was about the SH-AWD. Should've seen the sales guy sitting next to me. He almost messed his pants. Sold!

Still, the exterior is kinda boring. When one of daughters saw it for the first time she felt my forehead to see if I had a fever. She said "Dad this car looks like nothing. I can't believe you bought such a ordinary-looking car. Where's the FX 35 you were going to buy?"

Oh well. Kids.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:13 PM
2021 RDX A SPEC

Received 308 Likes on 189 Posts
^^^ LOL LOL LOL ^^^

altima = big ugly fat boring car with big fat ass and cheap nissan plastics.

TSX > altima anytime/everytime.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:38 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Acura604
^^^ LOL LOL LOL ^^^

altima = big ugly fat boring car with big fat ass and cheap nissan plastics.

TSX > altima anytime/everytime.

The Altima V6? Oh, yeah, the 2002 North American Car of the Year. First non-American brand to ever win the honor. What honors has the TSX won again?

Altima v6 > TSX The TSX is no competition whatsoever for the Atlima V6. The V6 is priced between the TSX and the TL. There is a $10K difference between stripped down Altima 4cyl and top of the line, loaded V6, but at least the 4cyl (which I would never buy without a turbo) has room for FIVE adults.

TSX is a mini-car like the MiniCooper or the VW Bug.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Set mode ignore=plainsman

You just don't get it....
Old 03-29-2008, 10:06 AM
2021 RDX A SPEC

Received 308 Likes on 189 Posts
The Altima V6? Oh, yeah, the 2002 North American Car of the Year. First non-American brand to ever win the honor. What honors has the TSX won again?

Altima v6 > TSX The TSX is no competition whatsoever for the Atlima V6. The V6 is priced between the TSX and the TL. There is a $10K difference between stripped down Altima 4cyl and top of the line, loaded V6, but at least the 4cyl (which I would never buy without a turbo) has room for FIVE adults.

TSX is a mini-car like the MiniCooper or the VW Bug.
2002? living in the past ya hillbilly.

The TSx has won many awards starting from it's 2004 model year all the way up to it's current generation. everything from sports sedan of the year to most reliable...give it up and take your domestic-loving, cheap nissan crap elsewhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_and...en_Best_Cars_4
*car&driver is must one of MANY examples where the TSX is praised.

voted best for 04/05/06 oh.. i dont see your econo class nissan crap in there.. gee, what was it voted #1 for back in 2002? "car with biggest ass"?
Old 03-29-2008, 11:25 AM
boostin'

Ya man, why don't you take your trolling somewhere else. There's nothing wrong with an opinion, just with the manner in which you continue to puke your's out on this board!

I drove an Altima around for a week (rental), and even though it was the 4 banger and not the V6, the power of course wasn't there, but everything else about the car was pretty cheap, not to mention that the car is not attractive (loaded V6 included). The TSX is in a different category, compare it to the luxury Infiniti brand, not the Nissans. The TSX is a much better buy (obviously!)
Old 03-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by RDX REX
Ya man, why don't you take your trolling somewhere else. There's nothing wrong with an opinion, just with the manner in which you continue to puke your's out on this board!

I drove an Altima around for a week (rental), and even though it was the 4 banger and not the V6, the power of course wasn't there, but everything else about the car was pretty cheap, not to mention that the car is not attractive (loaded V6 included). The TSX is in a different category, compare it to the luxury Infiniti brand, not the Nissans. The TSX is a much better buy (obviously!)
Well, everybody has an opinion. Our opinions differ. The tiny TSX is below the class of the Altima V6. The TSX is a gussied up Civic. That's not a bad thing, so why be ashamed of it. It's just not in the Altima's class.

Anything smaller than the RDX is just not acceptable.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:24 PM
boostin'

"gussied up civic" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now you are really rediculous!
Old 03-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Racer

The TSX is one of the best cars I've ever driven for the price. The gearbox, the handling..... absolutely wonderful car if you want something practical for the drive to work, yet want to enjoy the drive.

Unfortunately some people will never get out of the thought process that a good car needs a billion horsepower to be a fun drive.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:36 AM
Advanced

Well, everybody has an opinion. Our opinions differ. The tiny TSX is below the class of the Altima V6. The TSX is a gussied up Civic. That's not a bad thing, so why be ashamed of it. It's just not in the Altima's class.

IMO the Altima and TSX compete for totally different demographics.

When choosing a vehicle it's clear that you place significant value on the size of the engine. That said, it's obvious that any 4 cyl sedan isn't going to be appropriate for you.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:53 PM
Not an Ashtray

The TSX and Civic are not related. I think the reason why some of us get on you is because of these kind of ridiculous statements. You totally dismiss a car you appear to know absolutely nothing about.

Acura does actually sell a "gussied up Civic" - in Canada only. The TSX is based on the Accord. As nearly every regular to this board knows, the TSX is the JDM/Euro Market Accord with a few different features.

As for being "tiny" - I guess we should also write off the Beemer 3-series, Audi A4, Saab 9-3 and all the other vehciles that are smaller than your Altima, eh? Because we all know size always matters.

I wondered if it had ever occured to you that some of us, who actually do live in urban environments, prefer smaller cars?

That said, I do think cars like the Altima V6 give the TSX a run for the money. The only real downside to the current Altima is the interior is a bit blah. Its also a bit large for my needs, which is the main reason I'd avoid it.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:41 PM
boostin'

Originally Posted by darth62
The TSX and Civic are not related. I think the reason why some of us get on you is because of these kind of ridiculous statements. You totally dismiss a car you appear to know absolutely nothing about.

Acura does actually sell a "gussied up Civic" - in Canada only. The TSX is based on the Accord. As nearly every regular to this board knows, the TSX is the JDM/Euro Market Accord with a few different features.

As for being "tiny" - I guess we should also write off the Beemer 3-series, Audi A4, Saab 9-3 and all the other vehciles that are smaller than your Altima, eh? Because we all know size always matters.

I wondered if it had ever occured to you that some of us, who actually do live in urban environments, prefer smaller cars?

That said, I do think cars like the Altima V6 give the TSX a run for the money. The only real downside to the current Altima is the interior is a bit blah. Its also a bit large for my needs, which is the main reason I'd avoid it.
nice post!
Old 03-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by darth62

Good post! It's not easy to see that the TSX is based on the Accord, as you say, because there is a dramatic size difference. Accord is in the Altima class.

As for your list of tiny cars, my answer is "yes." I would definitely 'write off' those cars. BMW3 is too small to make any sense as a purchase for anybody who is married with children, as am I. Audi 4, Saab - 9-3, yes, they're all too bloody small. Tiny and cramped.

I don't understand why a family man would buy such a diminutive vehicle. This is about the size of the car not the engine.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:54 AM
Not an Ashtray

Good post! It's not easy to see that the TSX is based on the Accord, as you say, because there is a dramatic size difference. Accord is in the Altima class.

As for your list of tiny cars, my answer is "yes." I would definitely 'write off' those cars. BMW3 is too small to make any sense as a purchase for anybody who is married with children, as am I. Audi 4, Saab - 9-3, yes, they're all too bloody small. Tiny and cramped.

I don't understand why a family man would buy such a diminutive vehicle. This is about the size of the car not the engine.
In most of the world, the TSX, 3-series, etc are all considered large enough for family duties.

But, that said, Acura has never tried to market the TSX as a family vehicle. Its a relatively small, sporty, fun-to-drive vehicle. It is somewhat narrow in order to make it tossable and easy to manuver around European streets. You're evaluating this car for a task it was never designed to meet.

The TSX may not be the optimal car for a "family man." But, for a guy like me, who has no family, but wants a sporty car that is not too big to be practical in a congested urban area, the TSX is the ideal size.

For your personal needs, larger vehicles seem to work better. More power to you. Different strokes for different folks. You seem to understand what you need and want in a vehicle and I respect that.

But, just because you personally need a larger car does not make smaller cars "junk" and there are other drivers who actually have different needs than you own.

Quick Reply: Acura 2009 TSX features vs 2009 RDX possiblities