2010 rdx

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
2010 rdx

A 2010 RDX Tech should be in my driveway by the end of tomorow. I have been humming and hawing about it for a few weeks now. Hopefully I pull the trigger tomorow and get it!
Old 09-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you post some picks??? The local stealership doesn't have them out. They may be hiding them, but I don't want to talk to them. If you are on the lot with a camera take a photo of a white one if you see one. Even if it is a cell phone picture. I just want to see what I am buying that is all.

Thanks
Old 09-11-2009, 11:18 PM
Instructor

You should have said something the other day. I saw another few dozen of them on the port. Every color, side by side. I am stuck on either Blue or the Grigio. Think I am leaning towards the Grigio more though. If I see a white one I will take a pic for ya though!
Old 09-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Intermediate

Thanks! Both of the greys are great colors. I like the fact that the silver accent pieces stand out against that greys, unlike the silver color. The blue is not being offered here in the U.S.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Instructor

Ya the blue is here in canada and you guys get the polished metallic. Thats the color I originally wanted! I have a blue RSX now, so I think its time for a change, as much as I love the color!
Old 09-12-2009, 12:11 AM
Intermediate

Yeah my old 03 civic si was vivid blue pearl as well, I loved the color.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Advanced

My '06 RSX-S is vivid blue pearl. Have had it over 3 years and it still takes my breath away. Looks even better in certain light, like at dusk. That and the fact that it's paid for are two major things keeping me out of an RDX for now (don't want a car payment again so soon). Would be nice if Acura could do a special order to get a royal blue RDX down here if requested. All that extra silver on the beak might give it a better offset, but then again, the extra black on the rear bumper might do the opposite.

If any of our friends up north spot a 2010 in royal blue, please post pics! Lots of pics!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Instructor

Guess I should update this thread seeing that I started it. I was true to my word and am now a very proud owner of a 2010 Grigio RDX Tech!

Absolutelly awesome vehicle! Very happy so far.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Advanced

Congrats! Since blue's not an option anymore in the States, Grigio would be my next choice. Got pics?
Old 09-14-2009, 01:12 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,518 Likes on 1,184 Posts
Did you own the previous version of RDX (07-09)? I'm in the market for a replacement for my old honda accord. Trying to decide on the RDX now or wait for the 2011 MDX later (worried about the 6AT problems w/ 2010 MDX).

Let us know what you think about the new improvements.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:16 PM
dio
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts
http://i31.tinypic.com/24dg3ev.jpg
http://i27.tinypic.com/dnhxzm.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/25012le.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/28s4suv.jpg
http://i27.tinypic.com/2cr3dwy.jpg

Here are a few pics from a white 2010 tech. The car was parked agaist the back of the showroom front floor so I had limited shots. BTW these pics taken from my Blackberry.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Instructor

I have never owned an RDX before, but let me tell you I have done at least 6-8 months of research and I am extremelly happy that I waited for the 10's. You all know as well as myself, you can beat yourself up t death waiting for the 11's or 12's or 13's!!! yaddayadda. The 6 speed is going to be an issue I believe for Honda at this point. We all know there motors are bullet proof, and that has been proven. Unfortunatelly, they are gonna have to work out the bugs in the transmission.

I absolutelly have ZERO regrets on buying the 2010 RDX. I think the grill is awesome and that it suits the vehicle. It drives exactly the same as my 2004 RSX Type S drove but is 110% more classy! It is a beautiful vehicle!
Old 09-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Racer

Ahhh..

The 09's are better looking. Hate that grey plastic on the front and back.

2012-2013 will be the real story for the RDX making or breaking.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:51 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gungho_15
I have never owned an RDX before, but let me tell you I have done at least 6-8 months of research and I am extremelly happy that I waited for the 10's. You all know as well as myself, you can beat yourself up t death waiting for the 11's or 12's or 13's!!! yaddayadda. The 6 speed is going to be an issue I believe for Honda at this point. We all know there motors are bullet proof, and that has been proven. Unfortunatelly, they are gonna have to work out the bugs in the transmission.

I absolutelly have ZERO regrets on buying the 2010 RDX. I think the grill is awesome and that it suits the vehicle. It drives exactly the same as my 2004 RSX Type S drove but is 110% more classy! It is a beautiful vehicle!

As a 2008 owner I have to agree--except to say both the old and the new are good looking vehicles. I mean, the differences are not all that dramatic. Of course we'll always have our preferences and differences in taste about body styles, grilles, etc. But I don't see this being a major issue--at least from my perch. It's a great car/truck for the $. I'd like a few small changes--who wouldn't--but I'd say that about literally any car I'd own. I know this is true because I've had dozens in my lifetime.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:54 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I drove a 2010 today and I have to say after driving an 09 last summer that the 10 is a better riding and quieter vehicle. then I drove a base mdx and its no contest. I cant afford a new mdx but I can afford a used one so thats what I will be going for. its fantastic. however the 2010 is much better than the 07-9 with the caveat that looks are subjective.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:09 AM
XIS
Lizard King

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I like the firmness of my 07 and wouldn't want it softened.

Old 09-20-2009, 01:24 AM
Instructor

Im always curious as to why US and Canadian models differ so much? I have been doing lots of reading and the differences seem to be quite substantial. Different colors, and the Acura Link seem to be the two that stand out. The real time weather and traffic is a neat set up. I wonder why its not available here?

I am also curious about the ambient floor lighting that I keep reading about in every release? I dont see it! LOL
Old 09-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Advanced

Gungho -- waiting for pics.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Advanced

Also forgot to ask -- What are your thoughts on the diffs / transition from RSX-S to RDX?
Old 09-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dio
Here are a few pics from a white 2010 tech. The car was parked agaist the back of the showroom front floor so I had limited shots. BTW these pics taken from my Blackberry.
Dio, Thanks! Now I know what I am buying.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Instructor

I added a pic. Not the best quality. Taken with my phone. Its on my profile. Its Grigio Metallic. I had the running boards added. Definatelly look good on the vehicle.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Advanced

Thanks for the pic. I was thinking about running boards too, but since they're all metal (no rubber dots like on MDX sport boards), thought they might be too slippery in rain / snow / ice. Anyone here with running boards find that to be the case?
Old 09-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Agent70
Thanks for the pic. I was thinking about running boards too, but since they're all metal (no rubber dots like on MDX sport boards), thought they might be too slippery in rain / snow / ice. Anyone here with running boards find that to be the case?

In all honesty, I cant really see anyone using them to step into this vehicle. I only got them because I hate the unfinished look on the bottom spot welds of cars. The running boards make it look very nice, plus the metal finsis accentuates the metal grill and rear metal around the license plate. It ties it all in beautifully!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:44 PM
Instructor

Also forgot to ask -- What are your thoughts on the diffs / transition from RSX-S to RDX?
WOW...That is a great question!

Where do I start..lol. I have always driven sports cars. The RSX being my last one. I bought it brand new and absolutelly loved it. It was a super fun car from the day I bought it. It was very reliable and never had any complaints.

The first time I ever saw an RSX was at a car show and I told my buddy I would own one, one day. Funny enough, when I saw the RDX I said the same thing, but that was to soon after buying the RSX.

The decision to buy an RDX came last November. I have always been an avid fisherman and people always looked at me odd when the would see a perfect shaped, beautiful sports car drive up a dirt road and a guy in hip waiters get out. Even odder was when I loaded a 50lb salmon into the back of it..lol. I also love to ski. I hadnt skiied in years due to the fact that I drove a little car. Last year I planned on taking up skiing again but broke my big toe in two spots....there goes the skiing season.

Last year the Vancouver area of British Columbia was hit with the worst winter in history. Where I live we had 7.5 foot high snowbanks in my driveway. The snow stuck around for almost 3 months. Driving the RSX did not happen as it was useless.

I test drove an RDX for the first time in March of this year. First impressions of it were disapointing. Probably was due to the transition. Once I did some research and thorough thinking I drove it again with a different mindset. At that point I realized how much it drove like my RSX. They are a very similar car in ride, handling, and comfort. There are so many reviews on line about the stiff ride of an RDX. All I can say is....whiners! I personally love it! It is a great vehicle to drive. The transition is still taking some time to get used to. Mainly the difference in looks and what my buddies say (haha..nice mini van!) The only thing that I think has caught my attention is the fuel. Holy crap does it like fuel..lol. I dont really care, but it did surprise me.

I really appologize if this was long winded, but this was great for me to write as I have been reading all the posts here for a good year. If anyone has anymore questions, please dont hesitate to ask.

I am really hoping that more people discuss some aftermarket stuff for the RDX...ie, HONDATA. That has really peaked my interest!
Old 09-22-2009, 08:26 AM
Advanced

Thanks for the input Gungho (long-winded doesn't bother me -- just ask BioCin ). I'm worried that if I switch to RDX, I'll miss the RSX-S too much. It's that weird adjustment going from manual to automatic. Almost feels like someone else is pushing the gas pedal. Do you miss your RSX at all?
Old 09-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Instructor

Thanks for the input Gungho (long-winded doesn't bother me -- just ask BioCin ). I'm worried that if I switch to RDX, I'll miss the RSX-S too much. It's that weird adjustment going from manual to automatic. Almost feels like someone else is pushing the gas pedal. Do you miss your RSX at all?
LOL...Thats funny.

Of course I miss the RSX. The biggest difference is the fun you have shifting the car. The RSX is a car you can drive like you stole and get away with it. The RDX is sporty, but classy, if you know what I mean. I needed a practical vehicle, and that wasn't the RSX anymore. It was tough to let it go, but I am truly happy with my decsion. It is still an odd adjustment, especially when I walk into my garage and see a big grey vehicle instead of a little blue one...lol.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Advanced

Everything you said is exactly how I think I would feel, especially that last part about walking into the garage and seeing a different ride. But an even more erie sight would be the monthly statement for a new car payment. I think that's the primary thing keeping me from buying an RDX, more so than saying goodbye to the RSX. I've owned 6 cars over about 20 years, and this is the longest I've gone without a car payment (8 months now). And I'm really liking it. Maybe in a couple of years -- then I can just pay cash for whatever the new and improved RDX will be by then.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:03 PM
Instructor

Everything you said is exactly how I think I would feel, especially that last part about walking into the garage and seeing a different ride. But an even more erie sight would be the monthly statement for a new car payment. I think that's the primary thing keeping me from buying an RDX, more so than saying goodbye to the RSX. I've owned 6 cars over about 20 years, and this is the longest I've gone without a car payment (8 months now). And I'm really liking it. Maybe in a couple of years -- then I can just pay cash for whatever the new and improved RDX will be by then.

Well my friend believe me when I say I feel your pain. I had my RSX paid for for almost 2 years. I make great coin where I work and had some money saved. The hardest part was this shitty economy. The price of our cars has dropped hugely! I almost cried when they told me the trade in price. When all said and done after crunching some number, I did come out ahead. I dont want to tell you what to do, but this is a great time to buy a vehicle. Talk to your bank and find out the rates there. I got a smoking loan. If you dont want to talk publicly on here about money figure (which is something I am not going to advertise also) feel free to PM me...that goes for other serious enquiries also.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Advanced

The current economy (re: car sales) is what has me thinking too. Crappy car sales (and thus our bargaining power) won't last forever, and in the meantime the value of my trade will keep going down. I make decent money also, and my credit is aces, so I could easily afford an RDX and get a great financing rate. The problem is that I'm not getting any younger, so I have to think more about the financial future rather than having my "cake" right now. I have no debt (other than student loan), cheap rent in a place I love (no interest in home ownership - PITA), and an acceptable amount in / continuing contributions to 401K, but not enough of an emergency fund and no Roth IRA as yet. So, play time is over until those things are taken care of. But that won't take long. Like I said above, 2 years of a little discipline and I'll be in the clear to play again ... with a new RDX. Woo hoo!