2008 Rdx

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007 | 02:37 PM
Intermediate

differences btw 2007 RDX Vs 2008 RDX

the driver side seat is a memory seat in 2008 when compared to 2007.
could anyone plz list in detail the new features that are present in 2008 rdx but not in 2007 rdx model year.
Old 07-19-2007 | 04:13 PM
Pro

I just looked at the '08 site....differences there seem minimal to non-existent. The ONLY difference I was able to find was the memory driver's seat. Didn't find anything else new. Did I miss something?

Edit: Let me clarify - when comparing TECH TO TECH. I know the base has more things standard now.

Mike
Old 07-19-2007 | 04:16 PM
Wheelin' Dealer

Originally Posted by catnippants
I just looked at the '08 site....differences there seem minimal to non-existent. The ONLY difference I was able to find was the memory driver's seat. Didn't find anything else new. Did I miss something?

Edit: Let me clarify - when comparing TECH TO TECH. I know the base has more things standard now.

Mike
Correct. Tech to Tech adds only memory driver's seat (passenger still manual) and softer suspension (slightly). Base adds MID, TPMS and HFL.
Old 07-19-2007 | 04:34 PM
08 RDX CBP/Taupe/Base

From previous information and a look at the new US 2008 website specifications;
New/additions for 2008:
Base : Bluetooth HandsFree interface(with steering mounted controls)
Base and Tech: Automatic day/night rearview mirror
Base and Tech: XM Satellite radio(new for Canada)
Base : Multi-information display( no specific tire pressure number indicated)
Base and Tech: Driver's seat and side mirror memory system.
New exterior colour
Light interior colour with all exterior colours now available in Canada.

Additionally on the tech package( may not be new though) you get :
GPS linked, solar sensing,dual dual zone/mode auto. climate system. The base does not have the GPS, solar sensing part.
Programmable feature customization
and as before, Nav, Acura link-real time traffic,rear view camera,410 ELS stereo,and subdisplay for clock,audio and climate control info.

Maybe someone else can add/correct
Old 07-19-2007 | 04:34 PM
Newbie for Life

Originally Posted by jcbridges
Correct. Tech to Tech adds only memory driver's seat (passenger still manual) and softer suspension (slightly). Base adds MID, TPMS and HFL.
jc - Are you dealer affiliated?
Old 07-19-2007 | 05:08 PM
Wheelin' Dealer

Originally Posted by Tripp11
jc - Are you dealer affiliated?
maybe maybe

I guess my answer would depend on whether you are an owner/enthusiast or you are affiliated with AHMC!
Old 07-19-2007 | 08:05 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nyjumpman23
Wait...july 27th - and deflivered aug 15 - for CANADA?
or US?
Toronto, Canada
Old 07-19-2007 | 10:15 PM
Sporty X type

Originally Posted by Boon
Totally agree with you man. CGP (aka Graphite for us Canucks) is an awesome colour. I'm holding out a sliver of hope that there's an 07 left when I go to buy...though I doubt it.

Can anyone confirm if they softened the suspension of the '08 a bit?
Good luck & hope you can get CGP. It is a great color! (Top choice on this site for color!)
Old 07-20-2007 | 02:54 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Lrpba300
Good luck & hope you can get CGP. It is a great color! (Top choice on this site for color!)
Yeah me too. Anthracite just isn't all that exciting (only IMO of course). I hope that if the CGPs are all gone that PMM is at least a shade between the two.

Is there still a chance the 2008s would fix/improve a few of the smaller things on our wish list....like a brighter light in the cargo area? New optional rims?
Old 07-21-2007 | 01:20 AM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

I went to the dealer today, and 3 are already sold for '08 and those peopel are obtaining them beginning of august.
I told the dude..get me one on the lot ASAP, he wanted 500 down payment,
and was like..the 07 and 08 are the same..
and Then i was like..w/ fine tuned suspension and all the other added features on 08, he just looked @ me...and i was like..(in my mind - YEAH B*(TCH i did my HOMEWORK).
he had nothing to say, but was like...How fast do you want your car,
and i was like..as soon as u can bring me an '08 model-

I have the 08 RDX bootlet in my hand rite now
I told him
Polished mteal metallic interior
and ebony interior
w/ tech package, and running board
(i figure, i dont need the back up sensors.....since u already have the back up camera RITE???)
anywhoo just thought I'd throw u guys the info!
Old 07-22-2007 | 07:22 PM
Intermediate

Newbie here with a question..

Originally Posted by Patton
Thanks White92....fyi...2008 RDX info is now on Acura's www site. Looks like MSRP for both base and tech increased $200.

Hello. I can't seem to search on HFL or MID, possible new items on the 2008 RDX. Can anyone tell me what they mean?

Thanks!
Old 07-22-2007 | 09:34 PM
Wheelin' Dealer

Originally Posted by aceventura
Hello. I can't seem to search on HFL or MID, possible new items on the 2008 RDX. Can anyone tell me what they mean?

Thanks!
HFL - Hands Free Link (Bluetooth)

MID - Multi Information Display (Shows Trip functions, Personalized settings, SH-AWD readout, etc.)
Old 07-22-2007 | 09:49 PM
rdxsteverino

Originally Posted by aceventura
Thanks!
HFL is Hands Free Link which is the wireless connection from a Bluetooth enabled phone to your RDX that supports hands free calling. MID is the Multi-Information Display located under the speedometer that provides user selectable info like odometer, trip meter, mpg, ...

Check out the Luxury and Entertainment tab of the Features and Option selection on the RDX page at Acurac.com for more info on both.
Old 07-23-2007 | 08:25 AM
Instructor

Yes suspension has been softened for 08. (but only slightly) This has been confirmed.

Also, I think the PMM is much nicer than the CGP, but I think the CBP is the best color of the lot.
Confirmed by who? The Acura website for the 08 reads exactly the same as the 07 did where suspension is concerned.
Old 07-23-2007 | 08:38 AM
Wheelin' Dealer

Originally Posted by chipt911
Confirmed by who? The Acura website for the 08 reads exactly the same as the 07 did where suspension is concerned.
Well I am a dealer and I have confirmed it.
Old 07-23-2007 | 10:50 AM
Instructor

Well I am a dealer and I have confirmed it.
Well, how did they soften it?
Old 07-23-2007 | 12:03 PM
Pro

jcbridges - have you test driven the 08 yet? If so is there a noticeable difference in the 08 suspension than the 07. I'm trying to figure out which one to buy, knowing I can get a much better deal on an 07 than 08.
Old 07-23-2007 | 01:30 PM
Advanced

I am a dealer as well and we just received our 2008 RDX facts guide, there is absolutely no mention of any change to the suspension. When we received the same guides for the 2007 TL it clearly stated the changes to the suspension.
The 08 TL guide even mentions a change to the TPMS indicator in the instrument panel so if there was a change to the RDX suspension I've got to think Acura would have listed it.
jcbridges where are you getting your info?????
Old 07-23-2007 | 01:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by VANDY

Some proof would be nice. Just because you say it doesn't mean it's confirmed. What is your source? There are many people on here wondering about the suspension, so please wait until you have solid evidence of change before you say "it's confirmed" because you said so.
Old 07-23-2007 | 01:57 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX

Some proof would be nice. Just because you say it doesn't mean it's confirmed. What is your source? There are many people on here wondering about the suspension, so please wait until you have solid evidence of change before you say "it's confirmed" because you said so.
Agreed! With the minimal changes to the '08 model, the suspension (if changed) would be one of the major differentiator from the '07. I like the firm ride of my current X3...but I also just started drinking coffee on the commute...and man, does it get messy.

I know the RDX isn't as bad, but it is "comparable" as some magazines and owners have mentioned. A softer suspension, even if it's a small tweak for the RDX, is something that has definitey shot up on my list of desirable features for a CUV.
Old 07-23-2007 | 03:00 PM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

Um...RDX is about 2-4 grand cheaper then x3.
I suspect that would be enough.
08 has a finer tuned suspension.
and standard now - power memory seat/auto dim mirror
Old 07-23-2007 | 03:06 PM
03 TL Type-S NBP

Thumbs up Rdx Suspension

jcbridges...I must confirm the fact that Vandy is spot on when it comes to the subject that there is no change to the suspension in the 08 RDX. If there were a change it would have been told to the dealers in the 08 training publications that are for the sales people.
Old 07-23-2007 | 03:24 PM
Pro

Man this is really annoying that we can't get a straight answer anywhere on the "softer suspension" of the '08. I've got to think that if it was true it would be on RDX's microsite somewhere as a big selling point as I'm sure the reason they would have changed it was because of the customer feedback they received.

Anywho, anyone that has solid, concrete evidence please stand up!!!!!
Old 07-23-2007 | 03:35 PM
Racer

Um...RDX is about 2-4 grand cheaper then x3.
I suspect that would be enough.
08 has a finer tuned suspension.
and standard now - power memory seat/auto dim mirror
Haha yeah, I was only using the X3 as a means of comparison in terms of harshness. My point is that I didn't find the X3 firm/harsh when taking it out around the city, but now that I'm using it for my daily commute (with ritual hot caffeinated beverage in hand) and out of town on weekends, I would prefer a slightly softer ride (but nothing near the mushiness of a Lexus). All just personal preference of course.
Old 07-23-2007 | 03:50 PM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

LOL BOON, tru tru...it's all good dude.
X3 is a pretty decent drive, test drove a couple of times.

rx350 - LExus - requires you to buy package in order to have the car
LR2 - errmm...um..made by ford? LOL hahaha....and its 5 grand more.

they gota make these cares more affordable man.
thats how i see it.

I want my car to make me tea/coffee and teleport and allow me to time travel..
but we know that's not going to happen...
until then..i'm gona try to make my future car transform and sign on as an Autobot.

HAHAA
Old 07-23-2007 | 04:10 PM
Newbie for Life

LOL BOON, tru tru...it's all good dude.
X3 is a pretty decent drive, test drove a couple of times.

rx350 - LExus - requires you to buy package in order to have the car
LR2 - errmm...um..made by ford? LOL hahaha....and its 5 grand more.

they gota make these cares more affordable man.
thats how i see it.

I want my car to make me tea/coffee and teleport and allow me to time travel..
but we know that's not going to happen...
until then..i'm gona try to make my future car transform and sign on as an Autobot.

HAHAA
Perhaps I'm not hip to the new age lingo, but my head hurts when I read your posts NYJumpman!!!

Oh well, perhaps some have more luck than me reading and comprehending your posts!

Either way, you're all about an Acura!
Old 07-23-2007 | 04:17 PM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

Sorry bout the lingo.
I've been having a lack of sleep lately.
Had to get my Civic fixed, horn blew out, and I think it's one of the Relay circuits. But I had to bring it back to them to get it fixed. Right after I get it back, I'm putting my car on open market sale(which I've already had offers for).
That money is used for downpayment on the '08 Acura RDX.

I'm in constant contact w/ the dealer, they already said they can get me a
SILVER 08 RDX by the end of this month(which is like next week).
But I really want Polished Metal Metallic, so I might have to wait 6 weeks more.

But yes, I'm all bout Honda/Acura.
I'll keep you guys up to date in terms of more updates on the '08 model ala comparisons.
Old 07-23-2007 | 07:50 PM
Racer

Sorry bout the lingo.
I've been having a lack of sleep lately.
Had to get my Civic fixed, horn blew out, and I think it's one of the Relay circuits. But I had to bring it back to them to get it fixed. Right after I get it back, I'm putting my car on open market sale(which I've already had offers for).
That money is used for downpayment on the '08 Acura RDX.

I'm in constant contact w/ the dealer, they already said they can get me a
SILVER 08 RDX by the end of this month(which is like next week).
But I really want Polished Metal Metallic, so I might have to wait 6 weeks more.

But yes, I'm all bout Honda/Acura.
I'll keep you guys up to date in terms of more updates on the '08 model ala comparisons.
Sweet. If you can, post up some pics of the PMM when you get it. I'd love to see how it looks on the RDX. Congrats on the upcoming purchase man.
Old 07-24-2007 | 02:02 PM
Intermediate

I went to the dealer today, and 3 are already sold for '08 and those peopel are obtaining them beginning of august.
I told the dude..get me one on the lot ASAP, he wanted 500 down payment,
and was like..the 07 and 08 are the same..
and Then i was like..w/ fine tuned suspension and all the other added features on 08, he just looked @ me...and i was like..(in my mind - YEAH B*(TCH i did my HOMEWORK).
he had nothing to say, but was like...How fast do you want your car,
and i was like..as soon as u can bring me an '08 model-

I have the 08 RDX bootlet in my hand rite now
I told him
Polished mteal metallic interior
and ebony interior
w/ tech package, and running board
(i figure, i dont need the back up sensors.....since u already have the back up camera RITE???)
anywhoo just thought I'd throw u guys the info!
Just an FYI for others, a couple of dealers here in the DC area have confirmed that they expect to start receiving inventory of 2008 RDX's next week. Can't wait to drive one and compare it to a 2007.
Old 07-24-2007 | 02:44 PM
Wheelin' Dealer

I am a dealer as well and we just received our 2008 RDX facts guide, there is absolutely no mention of any change to the suspension. When we received the same guides for the 2007 TL it clearly stated the changes to the suspension.
The 08 TL guide even mentions a change to the TPMS indicator in the instrument panel so if there was a change to the RDX suspension I've got to think Acura would have listed it.
So what?? My facts guide said nothing about automatic headlights on the RDX for 08, but it does say on the website that it is equipped with auto headlights. This is conflicting info from 2 official sources! I also do not remember the 07 TL facts guide saying anything about the suspension changes, but there were changes nonetheless. So just because you do not see something in print at this time, or live on the web does not mean that changes have not been made. Website is "marketing" and saying "we made the 07 too stiff" is maybe not considered to be good marketing by (conservative)Honda/Acura.

I had info on most of the changes to be made from our Acura sales rep before any 08 info was available online or in print. We have been discussing lots of model information as well as new technology being tested. I wait until the info is about to go live before posting anything because I do not want for anyone to get in trouble over it. Let's just say that over a lot of Acura sales meetings, the issue has been raised of the RDX suspension being too stiff (focus groups, customer complaints, initial quality surveys, other surveys which factor why Acura was not chosen as a brand, etc.) Corporate has informed our rep, who has in turn informed me that the suspension has been retuned.

My understanding of the 08 system is that it will utilize some sort of progressive damping setup to provide softer response to bumps and potholes at low speed while still maintaining the firm handling/low body roll at higher speeds. (but this has not been confirmed) LOL

BTW - I think our first 08 will be arriving tonight or tomorrow so I will drive them both and post a report!!
Old 07-24-2007 | 02:53 PM
Intermediate

So what?? My facts guide said nothing about automatic headlights on the RDX for 08, but it does say on the website that it is equipped with auto headlights. This is conflicting info from 2 official sources! I also do not remember the 07 TL facts guide saying anything about the suspension changes, but there were changes nonetheless. So just because you do not see something in print at this time, or live on the web does not mean that changes have not been made. Website is "marketing" and saying "we made the 07 too stiff" is maybe not considered to be good marketing by (conservative)Honda/Acura.

I had info on most of the changes to be made from our Acura sales rep before any 08 info was available online or in print. We have been discussing lots of model information as well as new technology being tested. I wait until the info is about to go live before posting anything because I do not want for anyone to get in trouble over it. Let's just say that over a lot of Acura sales meetings, the issue has been raised of the RDX suspension being too stiff (focus groups, customer complaints, initial quality surveys, other surveys which factor why Acura was not chosen as a brand, etc.) Corporate has informed our rep, who has in turn informed me that the suspension has been retuned.

My understanding of the 08 system is that it will utilize some sort of progressive damping setup to provide softer response to bumps and potholes at low speed while still maintaining the firm handling/low body roll at higher speeds. (but this has not been confirmed) LOL

BTW - I think our first 08 will be arriving tonight or tomorrow so I will drive them both and post a report!!
I hadn't seen anything about auto headlights....from what I read the RDX has always had auto-off headlights, but not auto-on headlights. I read through the 2008 owners manual and it seems it still just auto-off headlights. Is that what you are referring to?

FYI, a dealer in my area has been telling me for a month that the suspension has been softened a bit so this seems to corroborate with what jcbridges is saying.
Old 07-24-2007 | 03:07 PM
Advanced

jcbridges, where are you seeing on Acuras website that the 08 RDX comes with auto headlights? I am assuming that you are a salesperson, if so you would receive from Acura a big blue product facts book for every model. No where in that booklet does it say anything about the suspension, the 07 TL booklet from last year however does mention the change to the suspension. I'm sure if you pull it out and read the top of page 2 you will see the first paragraph says and I quote " Numerous front suspension upgrades for improved ride quality".
Now I don't disagree that Acura makes typos every now and then but if the 07 RDX suspension is such a big issue with consumers and dealers, why not let us know of the changes in our product training manuals?
Old 07-24-2007 | 03:36 PM
Wheelin' Dealer

jcbridges, where are you seeing on Acuras website that the 08 RDX comes with auto headlights? I am assuming that you are a salesperson, if so you would receive from Acura a big blue product facts book for every model. No where in that booklet does it say anything about the suspension, the 07 TL booklet from last year however does mention the change to the suspension. I'm sure if you pull it out and read the top of page 2 you will see the first paragraph says and I quote " Numerous front suspension upgrades for improved ride quality".
Now I don't disagree that Acura makes typos every now and then but if the 07 RDX suspension is such a big issue with consumers and dealers, why not let us know of the changes in our product training manuals?
It looks as if they have fixed it on the website, b/c I cannot find automatic headlights under features anymore. The point I am making is that Honda rarely admits to having laid an egg and the dissapointing sales numbers for the RDX in it's first year do smell a bit, agreed? I mean they have yet to do anything about the state of the RL which pretty much everyone agrees needs to be bigger and more powerful to stand a chance in the American Lux sedan market.

VANDY, have you lined up the 07 and 08 sales guides and looked for differences in suspension description? I am not at work today, and I have not, but if you have access to both of them now it would be interesting to see how, if at all, the suspension verbage is different. Maybe it falls under their "NVH" desription which kind of smacks of marketing mumbo anyway. I guess we will know for sure when the 08s arrive, which is slated as 7/24 - 7/28 on our in transit log. If they ride the same, I have been given inaccurate info and stand corrected.
Old 07-24-2007 | 03:44 PM
Wheelin' Dealer

Also, The info I have received on why no power passenger seat is something about the extra weight putting it into the next weight class. I guess they will work on reducing a little weight and adding it in the MMC next year.....
Old 07-24-2007 | 03:48 PM
Senior Moderator

jcbridges - I think the beef everyone has with you regarding the changed suspension was that you kept saying it's "been confirmed" but you weren't giving your source or any kind of proof. A lot of us here know that dealers tend to talk out of their asses sometimes and also tell you what you want to hear, and that's the last thing we wanted anyone on the forum doing.

I'm sure everyone appreciates the input you sales people can provide, but just don't say "it's been confirmed" when no one has any proof.
Old 07-24-2007 | 03:48 PM
03 TL Type-S NBP

The heck with auto headlights and suspension....a 2nd year $33,865 to $37,365 vehicle should have a dang power passenger seat. It looks to me like conservative Honda/Acura's focus is a bit off and they will end up laying a egg (like jc said) with the RDX just like they did with the RL as far as sales. The RL is a great car just designed flawed in size. How many other luxury brand manufactures have a car in the RDX price range with only one power seat....that is embarassing I'm sorry. Sorry for the long post just venting my frustrations as well.
Old 07-24-2007 | 03:50 PM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

'09 model will have changes intergrated as with - mem/power pass seats. trust me, that info is def. going to hit up acura high end reps...and the media relationship depart.
Old 07-24-2007 | 03:59 PM
Wheelin' Dealer

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
jcbridges - I think the beef everyone has with you regarding the changed suspension was that you kept saying it's "been confirmed" but you weren't giving your source or any kind of proof. A lot of us here know that dealers tend to talk out of their asses sometimes and also tell you what you want to hear, and that's the last thing we wanted anyone on the forum doing.

I'm sure everyone appreciates the input you sales people can provide, but just don't say "it's been confirmed" when no one has any proof.
You also have to understand that by revealing a source, people can be put in harms way. If you have a look at my post history, you will see that I have given a few tips about model info/releases that have been subsequently confirmed. There are also hundreds of idiots some of whom are still posting things like "is 08 TSX unchanged?" or other miscellaneous BS. I agree that dealers tell you what they want you to hear, like saying the 08s will not be here soon or even "stashing" them in plain sight at the back of the 07s, but I have let people on here know about the $1000 dealer cash on 07s the day it came out, and given dates on 08 arrival for those who want to know. The internet can be a great place for information, but it ultimately up to the individual to do their own research.
Old 07-24-2007 | 04:21 PM
Pro

jcbridges - I'd be really interested to hear your opinion on your test drive of the '08? Please let us know as soon as you do it.
Old 07-24-2007 | 10:31 PM
08 RDX CBP/Taupe/Base

I think that we should appreciate people who provide as accurate information as possible for the benefit of others.
I know I did that on May 21, 2007 when I provided the 08 changes to the RDX but did not feel that i wanted to reveal my sources. As it turns out, these are the now confirmed exact changes.BTW, I got no info. on any suspension changes and I am not a dealer.

Quick Reply: 2008 Rdx