2008 Rdx

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007 | 11:41 PM
08 RDX CBP/Taupe/Base

gtgt-
Where are you located and what specific information did you have to order it?
Old 06-28-2007 | 01:18 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Boon
I'm really curious as how Acura will play this. On the plus side, the CUV market is about to boom and sales in Canada are healthy. On the downside, there will be some potentially great new competitors in the next year (EX35 and Tiguan have my interest) and sales are slow in the U.S.
The Touareg tanked due to abyssmal reliability (even 3 years on).

If VolksWagen doesn't get their feces assimilated with the Tiguan it will also leave a trail of bitter, angry ex-VW enthusiasts.
Old 06-28-2007 | 06:28 AM
Newbie for Life

Originally Posted by casa7
gtgt-
More importantly, what kind of deal did you get on an '08?????
Old 06-28-2007 | 07:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by XLR8R
The Touareg tanked due to abyssmal reliability (even 3 years on).

If VolksWagen doesn't get their feces assimilated with the Tiguan it will also leave a trail of bitter, angry ex-VW enthusiasts.
I agree. The Touareg is a good looking vehicle, but man is the reliability absolute shit! The Tiguan will likely be more of the same crap reliability if they don't make some drastic changes.
Old 06-28-2007 | 09:00 AM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

I was about to say...orderd the '08 w/o giving specs..wus up w/ that?
Old 06-28-2007 | 09:04 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by casa7
gtgt-
They told me it will be built in late July for late Aug. delivery. I'm in Toronto.
They also said, to quote your own earlier post,

XM standard on all models
Auto-dimming mirror standard on all trims
Driver 2-way memory seats standard on both trim levels
Multi-Information Display (MID) standard on the base model
Handsfree-Link standard on the base
Grey leather interior available
plus the new colour polished metal.

I ordered this new colour, tech trim, with black interior.
Just put a down payment on it for now.
I drive a Murano now and hope I will like this smaller vehicle, and not mind the sport suspension. The Murano is smooooth, but not as fun to drive.
Old 06-28-2007 | 09:11 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tripp11
More importantly, what kind of deal did you get on an '08?????
Haven't negotiated that yet. Just put the deposit down.
They don't have pricing yet.
I am going to lease it. They did say that pricing should be close to the 07 as the buy out would be much higher.
Old 06-28-2007 | 09:20 AM
Newbie for Life

Originally Posted by gtgt
I am going to lease it. They did say that pricing should be close to the 07 as the buy out would be much higher.
So, the residual goes up slightly (2% possibly?) which makes sense if they're making minor tweaks between years; however, they'll probably not discount nearly as much as they once were...at least here in the States.

I'm assuming when you say "pricing should be close to 07" that this refers to estimated lease payment. If the residual moves up, this lowers your payment; however, they will counter this by not discounting the '08 RDX as much as the '07.
Old 06-28-2007 | 09:38 AM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

You figure though, new year, minor changes, slight/minor price jump, but everything considered - ala standard.
Hm...
Exciting..
I want my '08
Old 06-28-2007 | 09:41 AM
Intermediate

2008 RL now on Acrua WWW site

Well, the 2008 RL and the 2008 TSX are now both on the Acura WWW site...lets hope the RDX is coming soon.
Old 06-28-2007 | 10:05 AM
Advanced

Ya,
If it wasn't for the xm radio finally being available in the 08 (at least here in Canada) I would get the 07 at a lower price.
Seems like a small thing to wait for, but I love my XM in my vehicle now (sick of all 11,000 songs of my songs on my ipod) and sticking a portable unit on the dash with wires everywhere, would wreck the sexy appearance of the inside. ; >
BTW, hate the auto dimming mirror in my Murano. Always comes on at night, and since the windows are tinted it makes it too dark to see anything. Am in a habit of turning it of every time I start the car. Pain in the butt.
Old 06-28-2007 | 10:09 AM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

GT? did they mention anything in regards of a softer - more fine-tuned suspension in terms of your pre-order of the '08?
Old 06-28-2007 | 10:26 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nyjumpman23
GT? did they mention anything in regards of a softer - more fine-tuned suspension in terms of your pre-order of the '08?
No, nothing mentioned.
Old 06-28-2007 | 10:43 AM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

Hm...okay...
Hopefully, them things come in earlier,than expected, I want to get mine by the end of July/early aug.
Old 06-28-2007 | 11:43 AM
08 RDX CBP/Taupe/Base

Thanks GT.
I had heard about the changes a while ago and posted them here but wanted to confirm that with you since you had ordered one and also to find out if there was any info on pricing.I am also waiting for the 2008 to show up and then compare pricing on both trims and with the 2007 model.. I will do a longer test on the RDX to make my final decision soon since I have been without transportation since I sold my BMW a month ago.I am also hoping that the RDX won't give to harsh (short wheelbase/suspension)a ride but coming from a BMW 325i with sport package and summer /winter performance RFT tires, I imagine that it should be Ok.
Old 06-28-2007 | 12:25 PM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

I agree casa...until the case of confirmation of the fine-tune soft suspension..then we'll have to wait and see...but then again...I'm still going for the RDX '08
Old 06-28-2007 | 02:51 PM
Advanced

No power passenger seat?
Old 06-28-2007 | 03:32 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by adoba
No power passenger seat?
I was also hoping for power passenger...makes it a lot easier when older relatives with bad backs are riding shotgun. I may just go with an '07 now...so I can get it in CGP too.
Old 06-29-2007 | 12:23 AM
10th Gear

Hey gtgt,

Let me know how much your lease rate is and for how long. I'm also in the toronto area Is it still sticking at the 6.9% APR?!

Old 07-01-2007 | 06:30 PM
5th Gear

I just visited my Acura in New York City, the estimates the gave me on the '08 RDX is $37,465 and as stated, those many features will be standard on the base model, with the addition of the memory function. They wanted a deposit of $500 for the SUV, and will be shipped in late Aug/early Sept., as I am hoping for earlier. There are currently 2 people ahead of me for the '08 model, and all '07 model was back ordered, with none on display due to major demand. With this said, I will wait for the '08 model, and will me placing my reserve, which is fully refundable at any time, next week.
Old 07-02-2007 | 09:28 AM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

Wait what?, LATE AUG/SEP??
Didn't they already clarify late JULY/MID AUG?
what the heck?
Which Acura did you goto NYBK? - the one in brooklyn(plaza automall) or in the city?
Old 07-02-2007 | 02:48 PM
Newbie for Life

Originally Posted by NyBKlyNtRinI
I just visited my Acura in New York City, the estimates the gave me on the '08 RDX is $37,465 and as stated, those many features will be standard on the base model, with the addition of the memory function. They wanted a deposit of $500 for the SUV, and will be shipped in late Aug/early Sept., as I am hoping for earlier. There are currently 2 people ahead of me for the '08 model, and all '07 model was back ordered, with none on display due to major demand. With this said, I will wait for the '08 model, and will me placing my reserve, which is fully refundable at any time, next week.
Hundreds of Acura dealerships on the East Coast - perhaps try another? Hell, every Acura dealer here in the Midwest has two of every color just sitting collecting dust...
Old 07-03-2007 | 10:15 AM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

Ugh, I got contact from a dealer and they keep on telling me NOVEMBER it will show up.
That really pissed me off.
I don't know if I can wait that long, my patience is running thin in regards of obtaining the RDX.
But though there are minor changes, the standards of the auto dim mirror and memory seat do seem nice, (and rumored fine tune suspension).
Ugh...HELP ME!!
(the deal i can probably obtain for the '07 seems nice...but having a better drive on a car -ala '08 rumor fine tune suspension seems better).
I guess it all pertains to the comfort level of ones opinion.
Old 07-03-2007 | 11:17 AM
Racer

Ugh, I got contact from a dealer and they keep on telling me NOVEMBER it will show up.
That really pissed me off.
I don't know if I can wait that long, my patience is running thin in regards of obtaining the RDX.
But though there are minor changes, the standards of the auto dim mirror and memory seat do seem nice, (and rumored fine tune suspension).
Ugh...HELP ME!!
(the deal i can probably obtain for the '07 seems nice...but having a better drive on a car -ala '08 rumor fine tune suspension seems better).
I guess it all pertains to the comfort level of ones opinion.
I'm willing to bet they are telling you that so you'll buy an 07 right now.
Old 07-03-2007 | 12:51 PM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

White, I am totally in agreement with you, those ugly no-good *#($*@#($&@#$*(&#
and that...haha
They are always like that.
White, any new info coming out, or just the same ol?
Ala confirmed - power memory seat, and auto-dim mirror standard.

I also heard that the power mem seat is only for the driver side, not the passanger
as the passanger might still be a manual (not power seat setted).
Old 07-03-2007 | 02:24 PM
Racer

No new info that I know of. I'm not sure where others are getting the memory seat, etc.. info. The only thing that I know of for sure are the color changes. I haven't been told or read anything official otherwise. Maybe they know someone I don't?

White, I am totally in agreement with you, those ugly no-good *#($*@#($&@#$*(&#
and that...haha
They are always like that.
White, any new info coming out, or just the same ol?
Ala confirmed - power memory seat, and auto-dim mirror standard.

I also heard that the power mem seat is only for the driver side, not the passanger
as the passanger might still be a manual (not power seat setted).
Old 07-03-2007 | 03:57 PM
08 RDX CBP/Taupe/Base

Three different dealers in BC and at least one in Ontario.Maybe US info. is not out.
Old 07-03-2007 | 04:36 PM
Advanced

I am going to get an '07 if i can get close to invoice (around $30,500), if not then I will wait for the '08 model to come out. I know the RDX is not selling well in my area and no matter what the sales person says, the deal should be close to invoice not MSRP. I'm sure the '08 will have minor features that have been mentioned and a softer suspension would be great, but is this really worth 2-3k more? According to the reviews the '07 is a great car and why would Acura mess with it? Adding features is likely to boost sales which means a price closer to MSRP. If memory seats are that precious to you, then wait, I don't see the point though.
Old 07-05-2007 | 09:09 AM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

It's going w/ the MSRP price, So I don't think it'll be 2-3k more..maybe 1k.
But then again, when you think about, when u spend the amount of money for the auto-dim, power seats(like they did back in the day), it used to costs more than that.
I'd say it's worth as long as your not paying over 1k.
Old 07-06-2007 | 06:39 AM
5th Gear

Wait what?, LATE AUG/SEP??
Didn't they already clarify late JULY/MID AUG?
what the heck?
Which Acura did you goto NYBK? - the one in brooklyn(plaza automall) or in the city?
yea i went to plaza auto mall, they seem very unprofessional...

i went to paragon acura of woodside, ny (in queens) and they told me all the confirmed features and they wont be in shipment to their location until sept/oct.

with this said, I wanted a rdx ASAP, so i bargained the buy to get my 07 black on black RDX for about $34k with tech. Once I had a deal, I test drove it for the hell of it, and complained about carpet mats, and made him throw in some black all weather/season mats.

This made my 4th of July complete, but they didnt have my color, so its friday now, and after work I will be picking up my new rdx.

BTW I was told that the downpayment for the 08 RDX at paragon Acura is $1000, so If you can wait, place it down, if not like me, grab a steal for a 07. I'm leasing to own btw, with 1.9% APR. (I saved so much on taxes)
Old 07-06-2007 | 08:18 AM
Advanced

i went to paragon acura of woodside, ny (in queens) and they told me all the confirmed features and they wont be in shipment to their location until sept/oct.

with this said, I wanted a rdx ASAP, so i bargained the buy to get my 07 black on black RDX for about $34k with tech. Once I had a deal, I test drove it for the hell of it, and complained about carpet mats, and made him throw in some black all weather/season mats.

This made my 4th of July complete, but they didnt have my color, so its friday now, and after work I will be picking up my new rdx.

BTW I was told that the downpayment for the 08 RDX at paragon Acura is $1000, so If you can wait, place it down, if not like me, grab a steal for a 07. I'm leasing to own btw, with 1.9% APR. (I saved so much on taxes)
Sounds like you got an amazing deal. Up here in the Great White North, we get screwed every which way. Our dollar is at a record high (94.7 US) and we are still paying far more than if I was to drive 2 hours to Buffalo and buy one there (and you guys have xm already!). Oh well, at least we have health care.... ; >
Old 07-06-2007 | 08:41 AM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

Hey nyBk...
Yeah Plaza auto just seems so desparate to sell me '07s instead of giving me any type of insight on the new models.
But my cousin bought a car there, and he got a great deal('06 tl),
NyBk, also, did they say anything bout the fine-tuned suspension now?
(and as confirmed - new colors of course...and the standard auto-day/nite mirror)

And how are your own thoughts on the '07 model?
I'm 6'1 and yeah, i sat in it, seemed fine w/ the seats all the way lowerd(so i can see clearly, and the seats back), surprisingly, my cousin sat behind me and was like.."you know, u can still move back) I was happy about that.
Old 07-06-2007 | 06:39 PM
Sporty X type

Good job there 7 nice price! Enjoy your RDX, even if it is an '07. It's still a great CUV!
Old 07-07-2007 | 02:15 AM
5th Gear

Hey nyBk...
Yeah Plaza auto just seems so desparate to sell me '07s instead of giving me any type of insight on the new models.
But my cousin bought a car there, and he got a great deal('06 tl),
NyBk, also, did they say anything bout the fine-tuned suspension now?
(and as confirmed - new colors of course...and the standard auto-day/nite mirror)

And how are your own thoughts on the '07 model?
I'm 6'1 and yeah, i sat in it, seemed fine w/ the seats all the way lowerd(so i can see clearly, and the seats back), surprisingly, my cousin sat behind me and was like.."you know, u can still move back) I was happy about that.
I got notice that the suspension will definately chage as they do each year on each acura model. no info towards it being better or worst, stiffer or softer shock absorbers. They confirmed the auto day/night mirrors, and a bit of the down side, they dont have the color I want so I am goin to have to wait till next week. But I did complain to have them throw in the auto dim mirror, so I looking forward to my new rdx. I also am kinda tall 5'10 and im surprised with the amount of room it has.
Old 07-07-2007 | 05:05 PM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

true to that, I'm 6'1 and I hate having to struggle.
Seems like you've given me proper input.
And I appreciate all the help. ANd thank to everyone also.
I hope to continue to keep in touch w/ everyone here in regards of RDX and future Acura cars (maybe a tank...) lol.
So I'll go and see what's up.
Old 07-09-2007 | 10:58 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by dracore
Hey gtgt,

Let me know how much your lease rate is and for how long. I'm also in the toronto area Is it still sticking at the 6.9% APR?!
Acura Canada has a special this month of 3.9% for the 2007. they must be clearing them out.
Old 07-10-2007 | 12:06 AM
B A N N E D

Hopefully they don't tune it too soft IF they do, the softening will definitly help with sales.
Old 07-10-2007 | 07:51 AM
Instructor

Memory drivers seat? Bout time! Not sure if I really like the CUV. On one hand, it's nice to have a nice small daily driver in Manhattan. On the other hand, it's too small sometims. I am considering going to an MDX. Really don't want to move back to a sedan, but I may also consider that. Figure I'll keep the RDX for at least a year.
Old 07-10-2007 | 10:09 AM
Instructor

Isn't it always better to buy the second year production? First year, they always have little bugs that they'll find.. just like every other Honda/Acura models, I'm sure 2008 will have some things fixed and revised. May worth extra dollars..
Old 07-10-2007 | 11:14 AM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

thats usually typical on all cars..2nd yr gets out all 1st yr kinks

Quick Reply: 2008 Rdx