2008 Rdx

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by number84
just curious, is the july delivery confirmed? not sure where everyone is getting their info from...i'm very curious as i have scheduled delivery of '07 model in late june.
This is not internet rumor. This is straight from Acura to the dealers. I'd wait.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by White92
This is not internet rumor. This is straight from Acura to the dealers. I'd wait.
hmm...not sure what i should do now. any word on pricing yet?

from the list above, the only thing that would benefit me are:

Auto-dimming mirror standard on all trims
Driver 2-way memory seats standard on both trim levels (i really like this feature since both my wife and i will be driving this car)

i was already set on getting the Tech package so the others don't really make a difference for me.

really don't know what to do now. i already put down a deposit (refundable though), but am worried that if i had waited i could have gotten a better deal on the '07.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:01 PM
Intermediate

Driver 2-way memory seats standard on both trim levels (i really like this feature since both my wife and i will be driving this car)

i was already set on getting the Tech package so the others don't really make a difference for me.

really don't know what to do now. i already put down a deposit (refundable though), but am worried that if i had waited i could have gotten a better deal on the '07.
Just curious, why do you have one on order? At least in my area all the Acura dealer have loads of them...was just at a local dealer yesterday and saw at least 15 on the lot. Maybe that is not the case in other parts of the country?

I feel there is nothing to loose by waiting a little while...if the 2008's start showing up, the prices on the 07's will likely decline even further at which time I can pick one up even cheaper than they are now. If there are new features I want, I'll just wait for an 08. Unless Acura makes some major changes (not likely IMHO) then there will plenty of 08's available and the price will drop quickly on them also.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Patton
Just curious, why do you have one on order? At least in my area all the Acura dealer have loads of them...was just at a local dealer yesterday and saw at least 15 on the lot. Maybe that is not the case in other parts of the country?

I feel there is nothing to loose by waiting a little while...if the 2008's start showing up, the prices on the 07's will likely decline even further at which time I can pick one up even cheaper than they are now. If there are new features I want, I'll just wait for an 08. Unless Acura makes some major changes (not likely IMHO) then there will plenty of 08's available and the price will drop quickly on them also.
in canada, dealers don't seem to stock too many and/or they sell better up here (so i'm told)...depending on colour combination i was told to expect to wait about 3-4 weeks

and i ordered one to make sure i have one when my lease of my current car is up. don't want to be in a situation where i don't have a vehicle for a prolonged time.

now i'm not sure what i should do if the '08 is truly coming out in july. man, too bad i don't have another month or two on my current lease...it would definitely give me more bargaining power.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Racer

It's up to you. I don't think there would be too much price difference between the 07 and 08 model. It won't be thousands anyway, or even 1,000 I bet. The new items posted above are not from me. I have no idea what will be new for the 08 RDX. I have not been told.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:52 AM
Cruisin'

I will be able to buy the RDX in July: hope that the model that I want - a silver base, MY2007 - will be still in dealer's lot so I can make a good deal. However, there is no auto light for RDX...?
Old 05-24-2007, 10:52 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ledwinka
I will be able to buy the RDX in July: hope that the model that I want - a silver base, MY2007 - will be still in dealer's lot so I can make a good deal. However, there is no auto light for RDX...?
Nope.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
There is an auto headlight shut off, so you can drive around all the time with your headlights on, and they will shut off when you exit the vehicle.

Personally I rather turn my headlights on and off when I want to. My last two vehicles had auto headlights and I didn't like them, so I controlled it manually instead.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Cruisin'

Okay, now I see: RDX has Daylight Running Lamps, so I guess they did not care to put in a ALS (Auto Lighting Sensor).

ALS, just like the RSW(Rain Sensing Wiper), is operated by using light. Both devices needs great extent of tuning.

For ALS, one needs to determine at which luminous intensity (in LUX) the headlights come on and off. This is a headache, since the engineers need to determine the conditions of operations: at what LUX should the ALS have the headlamp turned on when entering and exiting a tunnel, when going under a bridge, and at what LUX in dusk, sunrise and sunset etc. However, the sensor itself is quite tiny and simple, which I don't think it cost much.

RSW is the same: it constantly detects any deflection of the light (IR, I believe) shot through the windshield, and if there is any deflection of light the wipers come on, with the rate of speed determined by the rate of deflection (more rain drops deflecting the lights, more movement of wipers). This also is another headache, as we need to set the patterns.

These days, RSW and ALS are incorporated into one unit, the kind you see clustered together in the rear view mirror. The small, black plastic cover may well be the RSW(and in some instances, ALS). Bosch and TRW makes such devices, with Bosch being supplied to many European car makers, and TRW making good inroads as well. I think TRW is better than Bosch in terms of RSW: FIY, each RSW sensor cost about $11, 12-20 depending on the amount of purchase, so it is not a cheap device. So it is interesting to see both ALS and RSW are not provided in the RDX.

From my point of view, the new platform, new engine, and the new SH-AWD system of the RDX made it hard for Honda to put such 'small' stuff. New parts, especially things as huge as plaform, engine and drivetrain, really add up - engines cost as much as $3000, like Toyota's V6 - since the company needs to recuperate their huge investment. Had the RDX been developed a few years after these parts were widely used in Honda/Acura lineup, then we may have seen the ALS, electronic passenger seats and even driver seat memory function in the RDX. The lack of ALS seems to indicate that there is simply no way at this point that RDX could come with more features at the given price point.

On the contrary, ALS and RSW are not necessities, just convenience items, and most car companies categorize many of the electronic devices like ALS that we would take for granted in this category, making them prone to CR (Cost Reduction) than parts related to dynamics or safety.

All in all, I guess the lack of ALS is one of small price of progress that we have to pay. Hopefully, and I am sure Honda ppl are tracking customers' complaints, these missing features will be present in the next generation of RDX, or heck, Toyota may put them in their baby RX first. They all know what is troubling you all, as they monitor these sites as well, and they will do something about it.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by White92
That might be for Canada. I already have the colors for 2008. It is still Taupe or Ebony. There is no Grey, unless you mean Taupe, but that wouldn't be a new color to us. Plus, XM is already standard on both models in the US as well.
Thanks White!! Do you have any of the colour charts for any of the other models too?
Old 06-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Banned

The option I want most in 08 is a TAN interior!
Old 06-04-2007, 12:16 PM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

they need to put out more information in regards of new changes on the '08
whether it be minor or major.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by flnsx
The option I want most in 08 is a TAN interior!
Is the taupe not tan enough for you?
Old 06-04-2007, 03:04 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nyjumpman23
they need to put out more information in regards of new changes on the '08
whether it be minor or major.
They will in October, when the 2008's are closer to delivery. All of this July talk is crazy. Why would Acura want to cut 4-5 months off their sales year for 2007 RDX's (that have not been selling up to expectations and are plentiful on dealer lots) and replace them with a 2008 model that is identical save for new paint colors and (maybe) a few extra electronic items?
Old 06-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by creativeguy
They will in October, when the 2008's are closer to delivery. All of this July talk is crazy. Why would Acura want to cut 4-5 months off their sales year for 2007 RDX's (that have not been selling up to expectations and are plentiful on dealer lots) and replace them with a 2008 model that is identical save for new paint colors and (maybe) a few extra electronic items?
is it just speculation on your part or do you have first hand knowledge?...seems White92 has first hand knowledge and he's saying July.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Racer

is it just speculation on your part or do you have first hand knowledge?...seems White92 has first hand knowledge and he's saying July.
Just following the patterns of every other Honda/Acura model release schedule. Why would they change that pattern now? Why would they make a change that would hurt them financially? Dumping a new model into the market that is less than 5% different than the previous model that is still readily available would be a huge mistake.

Let's be realistic here... The 2008 RDX is not going to have a V6 with manual transmission and new body styling. Car design and tooling is a lengthy process that cannot be dramatically changed at a moment's notice. Acura designed the RDX (like every other model) for a 4-5 year generation lifetime with a mid-model refresh after 2 or 3 years. There is absolutely no way that they can change that plan quickly. And I am speaking from experience on that point.

So all of you waiting for a miracle in July are going to be disappointed.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Advanced

It is true, the 08 RDX will be out in July and the only known change is Polished Metal Metallic replacing Carbon Bronze. I know this because I sell them and I am looking at my color charts for the 08 TL, RL, TSX and RDX.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by creativeguy
Just following the patterns of every other Honda/Acura model release schedule. Why would they change that pattern now? Why would they make a change that would hurt them financially? Dumping a new model into the market that is less than 5% different than the previous model that is still readily available would be a huge mistake.

Let's be realistic here... The 2008 RDX is not going to have a V6 with manual transmission and new body styling. Car design and tooling is a lengthy process that cannot be dramatically changed at a moment's notice. Acura designed the RDX (like every other model) for a 4-5 year generation lifetime with a mid-model refresh after 2 or 3 years. There is absolutely no way that they can change that plan quickly. And I am speaking from experience on that point.

So all of you waiting for a miracle in July are going to be disappointed.
Hmm...well, I'm going to be pretty surprised if they don't show up in July. Not only does white92 appear to have the inside scoop, but this also jives with what TOV is saying (summer 2008 release) as well as what dealers are telling me. Also, take a close look at inventory levels at your local Acura dealers....at least around here in Northern VA, the inventory has been steadily decreasing for the past 60 days. You would think if the 2008's weren't coming they would keep the inventory on the 2007's up. Guess we'll all find out for sure soon enough.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by VANDY
It is true, the 08 RDX will be out in July and the only known change is Polished Metal Metallic replacing Carbon Bronze. I know this because I sell them and I am looking at my color charts for the 08 TL, RL, TSX and RDX.

Interesting...white92 was saying polished metal would replace carbon gray, not carbon bronze. What does the polished metal look like?
Old 06-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Instructor

My dealer told me they have stopped production for this year and are now selling down inventory.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Advanced

Polished Metal looks more like Anthricite from the 2006 TL.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:11 PM
08 RDX CBP/Taupe/Base

Correct on polished metal. July production, August delivery is what I have been told, plus what I have already posted before.Grey interior is probably taupe now available for all exterior colours in Canada.No price information yet.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:27 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Sorry but it does not replace Carbon Bronze. It clearly shows on the Interactive Network that it replaces Carbon Gray Pearl.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Sporty X type

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by XLR8R
Agreed.

My '99 Corvette has perhaps one of the earliest versions of "keyless".

You slide a switch on the fob to activate it. Then, when you walk away it locks, but if you don't hear it chirp and approach it to try the handle it unlocks before you get there. Argh!

So you end up walking away backwards watching for lights or listening for the chirp. Argh!

When you come back later it unlocks before you get there. Was it locked at all? Who knows? Could a dangerous character take advantage before you can relock? Argh!

Thankfully it can be turned off. The feedback loop is so much more effectively closed by simply pressing a button, getting the "lock" visual and audio and walking away certain. Likewise with unlocking only when you are right at the door.

What is so hard about pressing a button?

Who thinks of this @#$%?

Will they be happy when we are all just brains in life support jars?

Argh!
I just read your post! Now that's FUNNY!!
Old 06-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Patton
Hmm...well, I'm going to be pretty surprised if they don't show up in July. Not only does white92 appear to have the inside scoop, but this also jives with what TOV is saying (summer 2008 release) as well as what dealers are telling me. Also, take a close look at inventory levels at your local Acura dealers....at least around here in Northern VA, the inventory has been steadily decreasing for the past 60 days. You would think if the 2008's weren't coming they would keep the inventory on the 2007's up. Guess we'll all find out for sure soon enough.
....Plus we've already ordered them awhile ago. We also know the production dates for them as well. They'll be here in July.

I know the normal cycle plans that most manufacturers use, but that is just the norm. It's quickly changing. The 07 TSX hasn't been out that long and they're already releasing the 08 model. The 07 TL and RL will be pretty much the same thing. It's not an exact 1 year to 1 year model release.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Advanced

My mistake, Polished Metal does replace Carbon Gray. I was looking at all of the color charts and meant to type Carbon Gray.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Burning Brakes

My mistake, Polished Metal does replace Carbon Gray. I was looking at all of the color charts and meant to type Carbon Gray.
Hey Vandy, any changes to the TSX and TL for 08?
Old 06-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Advanced

The only changes that I know of are to the TL's color availability. Polished Metal Metallic replaces Carbon Gray and Bold Beige Metallic replaces Desert Mist Metallic.
As everyone has said on these threads, we salesmen don't know anything and are the last to know when it comes to what's new on the Acuras.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Advanced

By the way, our 08 RL's, TL's and TSX's have been ordered and we should see them at the end of July to the beginning of August. Definitely very early for Acura, it shows us that the 09's will arrive early as well maybe by the spring of 08.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Cruisin'

Dear Vandy,

Just curious: by the look of it, will MY2007 RDX be still in the lots by mid-July? I am hoping to get a base, silver RDX at around that time but am afraid that the stocks may be depleted with the production run for the MY2007 said to be finished months ago.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Race Director

By the way, our 08 RL's, TL's and TSX's have been ordered and we should see them at the end of July to the beginning of August. Definitely very early for Acura, it shows us that the 09's will arrive early as well maybe by the spring of 08.
Hm well have they done any minor changes to them and is price and stuff still the same?
Old 06-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Racer

The new TSX will be the 09 model and will be here in the spring/summer of 08. The new TL will be the 09 model and will be here in the fall of 08.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Burning Brakes

The only changes that I know of are to the TL's color availability. Polished Metal Metallic replaces Carbon Gray and Bold Beige Metallic replaces Desert Mist Metallic...
Thanks Vandy!

What was Acura thinking with the Bold Beige name? It sounds like boring old man Toyota Camry gold to me.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:16 AM
Advanced

We have not received any pricing or what changes if any to the 08 models. The Bold Beige looks a little darker than the Desert Mist, that color never really sold well for us and I don't see us ordering the Bold Beige for stock. It's typically a 60 to 80 year olds color preference and that's not who buys a TL.
I will post information on the changes for 08 as soon as we get them. You know Honda/Acura, it will be at the last minute.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Not an Ashtray

OT: Vandy, is your handle a ref to Vanderbilt? Just curious because I'm an alumni of the graduate school there.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Advanced

Didn't go to Vanderbilt, just short for my last name.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:08 PM
10th Gear

Just picked up my '07 Carbon Grey/Taupe Tech yesterday!

As far as the '08's... I actually threatened the salesman that I would be back there and PISSED if the '08's were shipping as early as July. Specifically if they came with a power passenger seat - as this was the ONE thing that my wife did not like about the RDX!

He swore on a stack of invoices that the '08 RDX's were NOT going to be in the pipeline until a least October. I told him if he was wrong, I'd insist on retrofitting a power passenger seat at cost. He insisted that any rumors about July were just that... rumors.

I actually hit it off very well with the guy on a personal level, and I honestly believe him.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Advanced

You might want to check into the cost of that power seat, we have 2 08's ordered and showing on our inventory list. Now we don't have an exact build date just yet but it should be for July/August. We also do not know of any changes to the RDX and would be surprised if Acura added a power passenger seat or memory seats this quick.
Keep in mind that there will not be a low financing offer when the 2008 models arrive and there will probably be a price increase as well. Any big discounts will certainly apply to the 07 models only so overall you should have saved much more by buying the 2007.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Advanced

Hey Activator, it is possible that your salesman does not know the 08's have been ordered. Alot of Sales Managers do not want their sales people to know about things like dealer cash, changes to new models and when they are coming out. This way they focus on selling whats in stock and not risk losing a sale. It's not the way we do it but I know it happens.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:35 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

The IN says:

This MOVE allocation will include August production with August arrival of the 2008 TL, 2008 RDX and 2008 MDX and August production with September arrival of 2008 TSX and 2008 RL models.

So the RL arrives in September and nothing will arrive in July. Not reading too carefully, are we?

Quick Reply: 2008 Rdx