2008 Rdx

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 10:38 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Rdx

Questions - when does production for the 2008 model begin, when would these models become available at the dealers and what changes, if any, can we expect to see for the 2008 models.

Are all RDX's built in Ohio including the ones sold in Canada?
Old 02-20-2007, 11:09 AM
07 RDX - Royal Blue/Ebony

Expect to see them in Sept/Oct of 2007. No word on changes yet. Most folks expect the RDX to stick to the usual Acura schedule for upgrades, which would bring some sort of a minor refresh in 09. However, they may accelerate the pace due to slow sales. Hard to say.

As far as I know, they are all built in Ohio. Hopefully someone else can confirm.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Intermediate

this should be an interesting thread to follow...

expected '08 enhancements (just guessing here) -

- power passenger seat
- standard auto-dim mirror
- remote release / opening of rear hatch
- keyless entry and or keyless start

might have mine already by then but will still follow the RDX development with interest..

sbp
Old 02-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by c_hunter
As far as I know, they are all built in Ohio. Hopefully someone else can confirm.
I believe all RDX's are built in Marysville, OH.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:39 PM
Diggin' the RDX!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Um, already has keyless entry. Why does this keep getting posted? But you can probably add memory driver's seat/mirrors to that list. And ditto everything Craig said.

AHM is very tight-lipped about enhancements to existing vehicles. Obviously because they kill current vehicle sales.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:56 PM
10th Gear

It's the keyless access system- like on the RL (also known as Smart Key or other names). The one where you don't have to push the unlock button on the remote to get in the car, and don't need to insert the key into the ignition to start the car.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Instructor

I believe they are all built in Marrysville Ohiho. And as far as power release tailgate not gonna happen. Thats the kind of options/features that seperates its big bro the MDX (heated rear seats, available adaptive ride control, selflevling headlights etc.

Power passenger seat.
Memory seats.
Maybe a new color option.

new front and rear lighting design.
new front bumper maybe redesigned front panels.
maybe a little power jump.
available type s model.

That would be acuras standard timeline. But hey who knows what they have in store for us. I think Im going to wait till 2010 to purchase because I know someone whos cousin has a friend at acura who said it will have a twin turbo v6 selective ride control and come with a driver with a price range of 28-32k for the tech with driver.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Diggin' the RDX!

Originally Posted by rdx4fun
But hey who knows what they have in store for us. I think Im going to wait till 2010 to purchase because I know someone whos cousin has a friend at acura who said it will have a twin turbo v6 selective ride control and come with a driver with a price range of 28-32k for the tech with driver.
Hey, I know someone whose cousin's grandmother's friend's minister's dog knows someone who says the '09 model will have actual FLIGHT capability.

LOL!
Jes' kiddin'!

I think the only thing we can count on is your first line quoted above.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:15 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by RDXC90
It's the keyless access system- like on the RL (also known as Smart Key or other names). The one where you don't have to push the unlock button on the remote to get in the car, and don't need to insert the key into the ignition to start the car.
Yeah, that'd be nice. A lot of the Nissan/Infiniti products have the smart key, and it really is a nice feature. As long as the key fob is in your pocket, you can enter and start the vehicle without fumbling around.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Former 07 RDX Tech owner

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
And don't forget the "rear camera performs face recognition when you approach the trunk with arms full of groceries and automatically pops the hatch without even having to reach into your pocket for the keyfob" feature.

<taps foot> I'm waiting... <taps foot>

On a more serious vein - I can see why the automatic opening and closing feature of the MDX with a bunch of motors and such would be a rather expensive option to add, but what about a simple spring in the hatch so that it only takes a remote release or a tap on the electronic hatch button to get it to fully open? I'm perfectly capable of closing the hatch the old-fashioned way when I'm done loading it up, but it would be nice to have it open automatically...
Old 02-20-2007, 07:41 PM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Pacer
Hey, I know someone whose cousin's grandmother's friend's minister's dog knows someone who says the '09 model will have actual FLIGHT capability.
LOL

When joining this forum back in 2003, I was thinking about the 3Gen TL and ended up buying one; however, there are some posters still on the 3Gen boards holding out for some additional options they hope might make it into the TL.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:03 PM
Instructor

You guys are great. I just love this suv. It is so much fun I think people worry to much before they buy. I mean you can talk yourself out of anything if you want too. I was just playing. I have never looked so foward to driving a car as I do with the RDX.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tripp11
LOL

When joining this forum back in 2003, I was thinking about the 3Gen TL and ended up buying one; however, there are some posters still on the 3Gen boards holding out for some additional options they hope might make it into the TL.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Sporty X type

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Fishbulb
Yeah, that'd be nice. A lot of the Nissan/Infiniti products have the smart key, and it really is a nice feature. As long as the key fob is in your pocket, you can enter and start the vehicle without fumbling around.
Yeah, I had this on my G35x (that I traded in for the RDX!) & the one part about it I didn't like was that you get use to having the "fob" in your pocket & you don't learn the "keys", like you do w/ a remote. (Indented for the lock button) So, when you have someone w/ you, like your wife, waiting for them to get out of the car, you end up waiting right next to the car to hit the button to lock it!! I know it's a minor thing, but I found myself walking away saying to myself sometimes, "did I lock the car"? When your use to pulling out the remote for the RDX, you are use to hitting the lock button & you can re-hit it to get the "chirp" sound. The G didn't do that. You had to watch the car to see the lights blink, and you ended up pulling out the remote, "fob", to check it / lock it. Defeated some of the purpose.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:52 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 841 Likes on 524 Posts
I believe they are all built in Marrysville Ohiho. And as far as power release tailgate not gonna happen. Thats the kind of options/features that seperates its big bro the MDX (heated rear seats, available adaptive ride control, selflevling headlights etc.

Power passenger seat.
Memory seats.
Maybe a new color option.

new front and rear lighting design.
new front bumper maybe redesigned front panels.
maybe a little power jump.
available type s model.

That would be acuras standard timeline. But hey who knows what they have in store for us. I think Im going to wait till 2010 to purchase because I know someone whos cousin has a friend at acura who said it will have a twin turbo v6 selective ride control and come with a driver with a price range of 28-32k for the tech with driver.
The Type S trim sounds pretty interesting to me.

On the other hand, hopefully Honda will have fixed all the problems/bugs you guys are having with the mpg and perhaps increase the output of the engine so that it's somewhere around 260hp and be on par with the X3.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:09 AM
Intermediate

updates?

Any more updates on this? An article on TOV indicated that the 2008 RDX might come out early to mid summer instead of early fall.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car companies can't move that fast to make changes. They've had a schedule in place long before the RDX went on sale. The most likely scenario for 08 is new paint colors and maybe wheels, which is the standard 'year after fmc or mmc' schedule. New options like the mirror, auto passenger seat, etc. wouldn't come until the mmc which would be 09 at the earliest. But Honda/Acura seems to be lengthening the cycle they used to have (fmc every 4 years, mmc every 2 years). Not sure why, but maybe it is due to the softening of the auto industry in general. Don't expect engine or transmission changes for a long time. Those are major redesigns that usually accompany a fmc.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:30 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
Power passenger seat
Memory seating
Blue tooth for everyone

These would be my guesses, I feel pretty good about the 1st 2, but the 3rd is more of a wish (base RDX is the only Acura without standard blue tooth).

I wouldn't count on the auto dimming mirror, they took it out of the MDX and said it was unnecessary because of the privacy glass (yet they offer it as an accessory).
Old 05-18-2007, 01:08 PM
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by Lrpba300
Yeah, I had this on my G35x (that I traded in for the RDX!) & the one part about it I didn't like was that you get use to having the "fob" in your pocket & you don't learn the "keys", like you do w/ a remote. (Indented for the lock button) So, when you have someone w/ you, like your wife, waiting for them to get out of the car, you end up waiting right next to the car to hit the button to lock it!! I know it's a minor thing, but I found myself walking away saying to myself sometimes, "did I lock the car"? When your use to pulling out the remote for the RDX, you are use to hitting the lock button & you can re-hit it to get the "chirp" sound. The G didn't do that. You had to watch the car to see the lights blink, and you ended up pulling out the remote, "fob", to check it / lock it. Defeated some of the purpose.
Agreed.

My '99 Corvette has perhaps one of the earliest versions of "keyless".

You slide a switch on the fob to activate it. Then, when you walk away it locks, but if you don't hear it chirp and approach it to try the handle it unlocks before you get there. Argh!

So you end up walking away backwards watching for lights or listening for the chirp. Argh!

When you come back later it unlocks before you get there. Was it locked at all? Who knows? Could a dangerous character take advantage before you can relock? Argh!

Thankfully it can be turned off. The feedback loop is so much more effectively closed by simply pressing a button, getting the "lock" visual and audio and walking away certain. Likewise with unlocking only when you are right at the door.

What is so hard about pressing a button?

Who thinks of this @#$%?

Will they be happy when we are all just brains in life support jars?

Argh!
Old 05-18-2007, 01:18 PM
boostin'

Why in the heck didn't they have power passenger seats to start with, I still don't understand why that wasn't standard for a $30k plus vehicle
Old 05-19-2007, 04:02 AM
Racer

Yeah I agree. As ridiculous as this may sound to enthusiasts, the lack of power passenger was enough for people I know to not even consider the RDX. When a car calls itself luxury-class (even if it's entry luxury) they expect certain "luxury" features to come standard.

I love Acura and really hope they put some of these features back in (I say "back in" because they never should've been missing to begin with) so they can stand toe-to-toe with offerings from Infiniti, Lexus, and whoever else is offering up something in 08.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by creativeguy
Car companies can't move that fast to make changes. They've had a schedule in place long before the RDX went on sale. The most likely scenario for 08 is new paint colors and maybe wheels, which is the standard 'year after fmc or mmc' schedule. New options like the mirror, auto passenger seat, etc. wouldn't come until the mmc which would be 09 at the earliest. But Honda/Acura seems to be lengthening the cycle they used to have (fmc every 4 years, mmc every 2 years). Not sure why, but maybe it is due to the softening of the auto industry in general. Don't expect engine or transmission changes for a long time. Those are major redesigns that usually accompany a fmc.
That's not what happen with the TSX. They added lots of new features after the second year (like heated mirrors, lighted controls on the steering wheels) etc. There were lots of new features added each year it has been in production - including a power passenger seat.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Racer

You guys are great. I just love this suv. It is so much fun I think people worry to much before they buy. I mean you can talk yourself out of anything if you want too. I was just playing. I have never looked so foward to driving a car as I do with the RDX.
The RDX is not an SUV! It's a crossover.

Joe
Old 05-21-2007, 12:09 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
I think the CUV subtlety is lost on most people. If it looks like an SUV, it is in most people's mind. Most of these vehicles never leave the road 99.5% of the time anyway, and when they do, it is likely a dirt road or something, but rarely offroad.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Racer

My auto insurance company calls the RDX a "4 door station wagon". That's fine with me.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:59 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by iforyou
The Type S trim sounds pretty interesting to me.

On the other hand, hopefully Honda will have fixed all the problems/bugs you guys are having with the mpg and perhaps increase the output of the engine so that it's somewhere around 260hp and be on par with the X3.
You want improved fuel economy AND more power? It doesn't work that way with a turbo-4, and usually not with NA-6's either. You cannot have it both ways with a 4,000 lb vehicle.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:47 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The 08 RDX will be built in July for July delivery. There will be a new color. Carbon Grey Pearl will be replaced with Polished Metal Metallic. It's kind of a cross between the old Anthracite on the TL and Carbon Grey Pearl. The same is true for the 08 TL. I don't know what changes to the car will be made other than color.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Psychobroker
You want improved fuel economy AND more power? It doesn't work that way with a turbo-4, and usually not with NA-6's either. You cannot have it both ways with a 4,000 lb vehicle.
my fuel economy keeps getting better as I added more miles. and I'm starting to push it more.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:52 AM
08 RDX CBP/Taupe/Base

Changes for 2008.

XM standard on all models
Auto-dimming mirror standard on all trims
Driver 2-way memory seats standard on both trim levels
Multi-Information Display (MID) standard on the base model
Handsfree-Link standard on the base
Grey leather interior available
Old 05-22-2007, 02:08 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by casa7
Changes for 2008.

Price the same or higher with the new features?
Old 05-22-2007, 02:17 AM
Racer

Changes for 2008.

Is this confirmed? If so, I'm disappointed they didn't put in power passenger. Hoping it'll at least be an option (but doubtful).
Old 05-22-2007, 08:09 AM
Intermediate

Changes for 2008.

Hmmm....if this is the case, since you can get auto-dimming mirror as accessory, the only real change for the Tech model is driver seat memory and grey leather? That's a bit disappointing...I was hoping for at least auto-headlights as well. It amazes me that an Acura doesn't have these base luxury features.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:11 PM
Racer

Changes for 2008.

That might be for Canada. I already have the colors for 2008. It is still Taupe or Ebony. There is no Grey, unless you mean Taupe, but that wouldn't be a new color to us. Plus, XM is already standard on both models in the US as well.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:46 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by White92
That might be for Canada. I already have the colors for 2008. It is still Taupe or Ebony. There is no Grey, unless you mean Taupe, but that wouldn't be a new color to us. Plus, XM is already standard on both models in the US as well.
Thanks White92...I heard from yet another person today that the 08's will start being built in July so that seems to go along with your info. Can't wait to see what changes there are....when does Acura typically announce details of new model years? Any chance we could hear something on June 1 along with the May sales figures?
Old 05-22-2007, 06:03 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Boon
When a car calls itself luxury-class (even if it's entry luxury) they expect certain "luxury" features to come standard.
Funny you should say that but when I bought my BMW a few years back, CD was an option. A cassette tape player was standard. A cassette tape player? Floor mats were optional too. I was about to ask about floor mats when we were still looking at the RDX. They all came with them.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:05 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ConradE46
Funny you should say that but when I bought my BMW a few years back, CD was an option. A cassette tape player was standard. A cassette tape player? Floor mats were optional too. I was about to ask about floor mats when we were still looking at the RDX. They all came with them.
Haha well I agree the definition of "luxury" changes every year. From my own family history, we've purchased an '03 MDX and 05 X3...both were base models...both of which came with power passenger. That's why I've always considered it a standard feature in luxury cars.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:18 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Patton
Thanks White92...I heard from yet another person today that the 08's will start being built in July so that seems to go along with your info. Can't wait to see what changes there are....when does Acura typically announce details of new model years? Any chance we could hear something on June 1 along with the May sales figures?
They usually don't announce anything really unless it's a brand new model. I'd keep checking back here for updates. It's as good a place as any to find out new info. When I know, you guys will know.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:45 PM
Aint Doing Sh*t

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
White 92 you would happen to a 92 eg? Judging from you name.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:19 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by batman
White 92 you would happen to a 92 eg? Judging from you name.
No it's from a white 92 NSX.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Instructor

just curious, is the july delivery confirmed? not sure where everyone is getting their info from...i'm very curious as i have scheduled delivery of '07 model in late june.

Quick Reply: 2008 Rdx