#1 Acura Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 10:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
#1 Acura Dealer

So I'm sitting in the dealer purchasing my RDX and several times, the sales person tells me "we are the #1 acura dealer in the country". In huge bold letters on the wall of the dealership "#1 Acura Dealer in Nation".

Just wondering, anybody else have the same thing told to them? or is my acura dealer really the #1 acura dealer in the country? Pohanka Acura, Chantilly, VA....
Old 10-02-2006, 10:35 PM
rdxsteverino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It depends

Originally Posted by sasair
So I'm sitting in the dealer purchasing my RDX and several times, the sales person tells me "we are the #1 acura dealer in the country". In huge bold letters on the wall of the dealership "#1 Acura Dealer in Nation".

Just wondering, anybody else have the same thing told to them? or is my acura dealer really the #1 acura dealer in the country? Pohanka Acura, Chantilly, VA....
Kinda depends on how they define "#1 Acura dealer". I'm guessing they're defining it in a way that makes them #1. Ask them what they mean by #1.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rdxsteverino
Kinda depends on how they define "#1 Acura dealer". I'm guessing they're defining it in a way that makes them #1. Ask them what they mean by #1.
Yeah I know I could have asked them that, but I was ready to get out of there and usually hate listening to them especially when they are just talking up their dealership. Not like it matters to me if they are #1 or #200. They are the closest RDX dealer to me and everybody around here was charging full MSRP.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:53 PM
rdxsteverino

Yeah I know I could have asked them that, but I was ready to get out of there and usually hate listening to them especially when they are just talking up their dealership. Not like it matters to me if they are #1 or #200. They are the closest RDX dealer to me and everybody around here was charging full MSRP.
Are they offering any deals on accessories? Any self respecting #1 dealer should at least give you a few bucks off the cellophone rear bumper applique.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:03 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

In 2005 they sold 2,891 Acuras. Radley was second with about 560 fewer sales.

Old 10-03-2006, 02:37 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm curious, is it best to go to the #1 selling dealership? If they're selling a lot of cars are they more likely to give you a deal or are other dealerships who aren't getting as many sales going to give you a better offer?

The number 2 ranked, Radley Acura offered me $500 off MSRP a couple weeks ago. I assume they're starting to go down a little and this was for the base model. Like someone else said on a different thread, I don't think they're going down on the tech package yet. Then a week ago the sales guy at acura called to tell me they had great news for me. I just haven't called back to hear the great news since I am not ready to buy the car now.

Just want to hear people's logic so I know where to go when I am ready...

thanks!
Old 10-03-2006, 04:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by natact
I'm curious, is it best to go to the #1 selling dealership? If they're selling a lot of cars are they more likely to give you a deal or are other dealerships who aren't getting as many sales going to give you a better offer?

The number 2 ranked, Radley Acura offered me $500 off MSRP a couple weeks ago. I assume they're starting to go down a little and this was for the base model. Like someone else said on a different thread, I don't think they're going down on the tech package yet. Then a week ago the sales guy at acura called to tell me they had great news for me. I just haven't called back to hear the great news since I am not ready to buy the car now.

Just want to hear people's logic so I know where to go when I am ready...

thanks!
I think it could work both ways. If they sell alot of cars, they could afford to give you a better deal, but at the same time they could afford to lose your business if you are holding out for a great deal.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:27 PM
05 WDP 6MT

yes they are #1 !!!!!
Old 10-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Jeb
Advanced

What was the offer they gave you? on the edmunds MDX "Prices Paid" board, someone claimed to have been quoted just over 33K for a 2007 RDX with "navigation" from Pohanka. I don't know if it's a bait and switch or if it's some sort of dealer-installed navigation on the base model. any how, a bunch of other people wrote in and said they are sketchy.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jeb
What was the offer they gave you? on the edmunds MDX "Prices Paid" board, someone claimed to have been quoted just over 33K for a 2007 RDX with "navigation" from Pohanka. I don't know if it's a bait and switch or if it's some sort of dealer-installed navigation on the base model. any how, a bunch of other people wrote in and said they are sketchy.
They have not been sketchy to me. They emailed me that same offer last week. It is a base model with dealer installed nav, and the offer clearly states that it is an RDX with dealer installed navigation.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:09 PM
Jeb
Advanced

They have not been sketchy to me. They emailed me that same offer last week. It is a base model with dealer installed nav, and the offer clearly states that it is an RDX with dealer installed navigation.
Great - it sounds like you're getting a good deal. I'm just relaying what others were blabbing about on Edmunds MDX forum. The RDX offer was an email that someone got. no details. Do you mind sharing with us what you got and what the deal was?
Old 10-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Cruisin'

#1 Acura dealer

Originally Posted by rdxsteverino
i went to autotrader .com and looked at the acura dealers here in Florida and it showed the number of vehicles in stock. Rick Case of Fort lauderdale had 163 ,yes 163 TLs on their lot and have 32 rdx's they say they are the #1 dealer in the world. I knew when i was dealing with them especially at the end of the model year ,they were motivated to move their inventory, they gave me a good deal, ,,,deal with the dealers who have the largest inventory ,they gotta move them so they will usually give you a good price. also read www.carbuyingtips.com!!! hope this helps you!! Jeff
Old 10-04-2006, 06:48 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jeb
Great - it sounds like you're getting a good deal. I'm just relaying what others were blabbing about on Edmunds MDX forum. The RDX offer was an email that someone got. no details. Do you mind sharing with us what you got and what the deal was?
I had already purchased my RDX before I got this email, but here is the email I got from them: (again with another claim...world's largest this time)

POHANKA NEWS FLASH!!

END OF SUMMER SPECIALS-

PRICES ARE FALLING AT POHANKA ACURA

The following are just of few examples of why Pohanka is the World's Largest Acura Dealership:

07 RDX WITH NAVIGATION $33,165*

06 TL NAVIGATION AUTOMATIC $29,970**

06 TL NAVIGATION $30,100***

06 MDX TOURING $32,300****

06 RL $39,400*****

*RDX WITH DEALER INSTALLED NAVIGATION

** TL AUTOMATIC STOCK #A6A026362, #A6A061605

*** TL NAVIGATION 6 SPEED MT 10 TO CHOOSE FROM

**** MDX STOCK #A6H511125

***** RL STOCK# A6C010515, STOCK# A6C006027
Old 02-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
if you saw the amount of ACURA's i see a day - you would figure Pohanka is #1....
Old 02-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Former 07 RDX Tech owner

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh, cute - RDX with Nav and then a footnote (with dealer installed navigation) - that's pretty misleading.

I went to one of the local dealers about 20 miles out of town and they kept telling me how they were "number 1 in the area" every chance they got, but I kept wanting to talk price. Instead of talking price I'd get another lecture on how great they were. I finally got angry with them and didn't even try to make a deal (well, one of the salesman said that the most they could go was $1k under MSRP which is a joke for an RDX, but that plus their lip service about their reputation drove me away like a rat on a sinking ship).

They also had the nerve to say that price was one of the things they could offer due to their position and being part of a national conglomerate, but their offer was, by leaps and bounds, the worst starting offer I'd seen.

As they say - "tell a lie often enough and people will start to believe it"...
Old 02-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jeb
Just bought from Pohanka on Saturday. They were at the other end of the spectrum from sketchy. Radley held down the sketchy end of the spectrum, trying to fight over $150 rather than match the deal both Pohanka and Norris were willing to do, and then trying to convince me to get my deposit back from Pohanka just so they could sell me a car at the same price as Pohanka, rather than offer me any better.

While I've heard some complaints about one of the business managers at Pohanka, their Internet sales guy, Omar, has been raved about by others in threads on the forum, and I fully agree. They got me out the door for a few $$ below invoice, and on top of that threw in a free roof rack and running boards and installed both. They also met Curry's online extended warranty price, which they said is essentially at cost, and was $800 less than what they'd quoted me.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Intermediate

Yep, Cerritos Acura made the same claim. They also claimed to be the FIRST Acura dealership in the USA..more than 20 yrs ago.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:03 PM
Racer

$33,165 for a base RDX is a rip-off. That is MSRP. The GPS they are including is probably not worth more than $200 ("installed" meaning suction-cupped to the windshield) so if anyone falls for it, they'll make a killing on the deal in the current RDX market.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by creativeguy
$33,165 for a base RDX is a rip-off. That is MSRP. The GPS they are including is probably not worth more than $200 ("installed" meaning suction-cupped to the windshield) so if anyone falls for it, they'll make a killing on the deal in the current RDX market.
Looks like this was a long dormant thread. That price appears to be from October -- things were different then. VERY rip off now.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:05 PM
Race Director

Charlotte has a TON of acuras around here I would think hendrick acrua would be pretty high up there too. Not only are they selling a lot but they have REALLY good service so I know they cant be far down that list at all.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had already purchased my RDX before I got this email, but here is the email I got from them: (again with another claim...world's largest this time)

POHANKA NEWS FLASH!!

END OF SUMMER SPECIALS-

PRICES ARE FALLING AT POHANKA ACURA

The following are just of few examples of why Pohanka is the World's Largest Acura Dealership:

07 RDX WITH NAVIGATION $33,165*

06 TL NAVIGATION AUTOMATIC $29,970**

06 TL NAVIGATION $30,100***

06 MDX TOURING $32,300****

06 RL $39,400*****

*RDX WITH DEALER INSTALLED NAVIGATION

** TL AUTOMATIC STOCK #A6A026362, #A6A061605

*** TL NAVIGATION 6 SPEED MT 10 TO CHOOSE FROM

**** MDX STOCK #A6H511125

***** RL STOCK# A6C010515, STOCK# A6C006027
They still have a left over 2006 MDX? You think they would ship it up to Massachusetts? My mom wants an MDX but the new one's are just too damn expensive and 32,900 is a good price...
Old 02-27-2007, 11:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Sclass88
They still have a left over 2006 MDX? You think they would ship it up to Massachusetts? My mom wants an MDX but the new one's are just too damn expensive and 32,900 is a good price...
That was from october....
Old 04-04-2007, 08:24 AM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Sclass88
Are you kidding? Last time I check the Clair Acura Overflow lot next to the Norwood airport I counted at least 30 MDX's that were '06s.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Diamond Pearl Dude
i went to autotrader .com and looked at the acura dealers here in Florida and it showed the number of vehicles in stock. Rick Case of Fort lauderdale had 163 ,yes 163 TLs on their lot and have 32 rdx's they say they are the #1 dealer in the world. I knew when i was dealing with them especially at the end of the model year ,they were motivated to move their inventory, they gave me a good deal, ,,,deal with the dealers who have the largest inventory ,they gotta move them so they will usually give you a good price. also read www.carbuyingtips.com!!! hope this helps you!! Jeff
i got my 07 TL from Rick Case. my uncle has purchased 3 cars from them since 2001, so i knew from the start i'd be better off with them. Since i'm in Miami, i went to Esserman Acura first because it's relatively close to my house. they gave me a lease quote of $100 more per month in the same day as Rick Case. naturally i got it from Rick Case.