problems with 1997 Acura CL 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 02:23 PM
huh??

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
problems with 1997 Acura CL 3.0

ok...i just got my very own red CL for $1500 from a family friend (very nice eh?). there aren't any major problems with the car except for the alignment, new tires, small scratches and bumps, and a minor problem with the headlight. hahahahahaha

well yeah, this site has helped me alot when it comes to getting as to what to do with some of those problems that i can do myself. it's quite exciting really when i found out some of the things that you guys have done with your own CLs. i can't wait to actually do the same with mine.

i do need some help though with a couple of problems that i'm sure people haven't asked yet (i've search everywhere in this forum, and couldn't find it):
[*]i'm having problems with my sideview mirror; i can't adjust it. I know that adjusting the sideview mirror shouldn't really matter, but the guy that used to own the car is short, so i often find myself leaning forward just to see if there's any car on my left/right side.
[*]i don't know if this belongs here, but i wanted to change some of car lights to LED lights like the dome, etc. I'm having a problem trying to remove stereo/shift trim because i couldn't find the little screw on the back when i removed the ashtray. so yeah, i really don't know how to remove the stereo/shift trim on my car...it's a shame, because i wanted to change the bulb on the gear shift, ashtray, and lighter...please help

...umm, actually that's it. please be nice, i admit that i am newbie both in this forum and in cars (actually no, my first car was a 1999 Ford Contour, but it was cursed...so yeah). i really did search these as hard as i can...so please help me.. =]
Old 06-08-2007, 12:32 AM
huh??

ouch...is anybody there??? =/
Old 06-08-2007, 12:38 AM
kl-de

hi and welcome
ok look push the mirror button to "l" or "r" (left or right) or whatever the signs say then push the button in the direction you would like the mirror to move according to your height, size, or the way you lean when you drive.. lol or push the actual mirror with your finger
superbrightleds.com is the place to go to for leds, i replaced all my lights a while back but i forgot which bulbs you need, nothing you cant find in the noob guide.. i think its 1157 or something
Old 06-09-2007, 01:35 AM
huh??

^^mmm...thanks

i mean, i'm fully aware of how to adjust it...it's when i try to adjust the mirrors using the control, that's when i'm having problems. i don't know what's wrong, i'm tempted to pry mirror buttons and see what's wrong...i also don't feel like manually adjusting the mirrors because i somehow feel that that will make my problems worse. i mean they weren't called power mirrors for nothing =]

thanks!! i've actually heard about them and i'm planning on buying all of my LEDs through them. that's not exactly what my problem though; my problem is how in the hell am i suppose to pry the trim in roder to get to the lighter and the ashtray if i can't find that piece of screw when i remove the ashtray...hehehe

thanks though =]
Old 06-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
leds have been covered in previous threads, maybe you wanna search again.

The control panel might be bad, or unhooked/not hooked properly. Theres a piece of trim that covers a hole underneath the control panel on the door handle. Remove that and take that screw out. That holds the control panel to the door handle. Take the control panel out and have a look at the connectors.