panasonic 7" flip out lcd, no sound

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
panasonic 7" flip out lcd, no sound

wutup guys,

my friend decided a few days ago to sell his Z and he sold me his LCD/DVD player. everything was fine until i decided to take out my sony headunit, and put this new badboy in.

i had problems originally with the first install because of the "OEM interface" for the bose setups. if you dont' know what it is, its a blue little box that is used so that you can use an aftermarket headunit with the existing bose speaker and amp setup. i have it wired up correctly but when i play music from the new indash, i get no sound, also the fade function displays red on the LCD and i can't get to it. i have to call panasonic in the morning (nothing in manual). it plays only sound to my subwoofers, nothing to the interior speakers. i hooked up a speaker to the wires while my car was on and it will only play when hooked up to the rear channel speaker wires (on the brain of the lcd). has this happened to anyone that put in an LCD/DVD player in dash? i'm going to give it another go tomorrow afternoon after i call panasonic, i was just curious if anyone had any input on what i could try to find the issue. thanks.

simon
Old 07-25-2007, 09:23 AM
~[τΏτ]~

On a CD player I had in the past, there was an option to only allow sound through the pre-amp RCA connectors. This turns off the head unit amp to the speaker wires and delivers a cleaner sound to your RCA ouputs. I had to press and hold a series of buttons to toggle this option. PITA. Maybe it will be easier with a LCD screen.

If you can hear the sound by directly connecting the head unit to the speakers, but not through the bose amp, check if the bose amp is getting power and/or the remote signal is turning the amp on.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Instructor

radio function works, sound and everything. dvd/cd still no sound, only from subs. called panasonic, great customer service.. not.. i called, they forward me a few times till i reach the IT department of panasonic.. for employees not customers. they tell me to try again, i call again, they give me a number to a local panasonic repair dude, turns out he doesn't do car audio. i gave up calling. gonna cut all the wires and rewire again tomorrow, hopefully i'll have better luck.