never had this one before....

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 07:06 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
never had this one before....

I'm driving my 3.0 home today. When I'm about 2 minutes from my house ( already been driving for 30 mins ) I stop at a stop light. I noticed my car sounded funny, and when I looked, my rpm's were at 1100 vs 600. I thought that was really strange, like i had my foot on the gas, which i didnt. When I listened, I turned everything off and still no help. And I could hear a slight, very light tink tink tink sound coming out of the front, and the car was vibrating slightly.

Light turns green, when I let go of the brake, the car went forward a little faster than normal, until I hit the gas, kinda like a fast coasting right off the line. It does this again at the 1st stop sign, downshifting at higher rpm's than normal. But then when I hit the 2nd stop sign, it downshifts normal, no abnormal noise, and accelerates perfectly. WTF??!!

I looked under the car, in the engine bay, everywhere, to no avail. Ran the scanner, and got no codes. No CEL, no funny smells, no clunking, no rattles, nada, zip, zilch.

So I take it around the block, and it works like a champ!

Anyone have any ideas?