jdm h22 upper radiator hose help

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008 | 04:33 AM
2nd Gear

jdm h22 upper radiator hose help

hey everyone,
I'm new here. first off I would like to say what's up and its nice to see all of your first gen cls. as you may be able to tell by my sn I am presently working as a honda tech here in Hawaii. so if I can be of any help just holler at me. I'm pretty well trained and have a 100% fixed first visit ranking in the northwest zone. so I'm sure I can be of some help whether it be basic or advanced troubleshooting, noises, parts installation, etc or maybe youre just looking for a shortcut......just try me and I'll do my best to help you.

ok well. here's my problem. I've gone through about 2736 upper radiator hoses to try and find one that fits how you'd like a radiator hose to fit (no stressing the hose, bending into ridiculous angles, pinched hose, etc.). when I put my motor in a just cut my lower cl hose so it would reach the hose adaptor and radiator outlet. now its time to install my koyo and I cannot for the life ofme find a hose that fits perfectly or at least close to perfect. I just watched a vid on youtube where homeboy had a blue samco hose installed. do any of you know what vehicle this is from? I'm going to try an accord euro r (cl1) samco hose set next. in lost at this very moment and have run out of options. any and all help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

justin.
Old 10-08-2008 | 08:33 PM
Drifting

Any Acura or Honda parts outlet can sell you a lower radiator hose, but you probably know that so I'm guessing you're looking for some specific aftermarket replacement. Try google and ebay.

good luck
Old 10-09-2008 | 10:53 AM
cool breeze

i reused my stock cl radiator hoses when i did my F20b swap, it fit fine no mods.

my first guess would be to check 94-97 accords then i'd check 92-01 preludes
Old 10-13-2008 | 01:11 AM
2nd Gear

tried accord (94-02), prelude (92-01), and cl uppers. i can stretch them a bit but it really stresses the hose and I hate for it to pop off. the biggest problem is the placement of the inlet and outlet of the head and radiator causes the hoses the kink and stretch. I basically need to use a hose that is shaped like an "s" and is long enough to reach each end. try searching "h22 cl" on youtube, there's a vid named just finished cl. he has samco hoses and I can't imagine what type of hose that is besides possibly being an accord euro r (cl1) hose. the distance of the 98-02 hoses are correct, it just doesn't have the bends required for a good fit. options auto sells them so I'm just going to try those already. I hope they fit or accept returns. LOL. thanks for all your input and if anyone else has any other ideas.....my ears are open.
Old 10-22-2008 | 11:56 PM
'99 2.3 CL

I watched that video, and that hose honestly looks like the one I used to get from Advance Auto Parts (minus the blue paint) for my 93 Accord before I started buying OEM. It was kind of a "universal honda" fit.

I can remember them always being too long, so I would have to cut one end down to make it fit correctly. Not sure if they still sell the same ones, but try them or Auto Zone out.