Idle Problem...not a repost

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007 | 02:03 PM
Racer

Idle Problem...not a repost

So I did a search and came up with some threads about certain thigns, btu nothing pertaining to my specific problem.

When I was waiting at the train station the other day with my car on, and the A/C on, I noticed intermittment power loss (lights would go real dim, dash, radio) for a second along with a real rough idle when the fan kicked in....when the fan stopped the idle got better but wasn't completely smooth at all. I also noticed coming to a stop, it would be a bit rough, but If i put it into neutral it's smooth as a new car. My car only has 67k, so i'm assuming it's not a huge problem, I dont drive fast or anything, its just getting real annoying hearing the doors/windows vibrate when the fan kicks in and I get that power loss at an idle...as soon as I accelerate though, it goes away / no power loss.

I've come across these threads to point out specific problems, but i'm really not sure what my problem is:

Motor mounts, vaccuum lines, throttle and Alternator. What do you guys suggest I should take a peek at first??? Thanks!!!
Old 12-05-2007 | 02:06 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Have your battery tested to see if it holds a constant charge, also have the alternator and charging system checked. Clean your bat terminals and make sure they're tight, that's the easiest stuff
Old 12-05-2007 | 02:23 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
Have your battery tested to see if it holds a constant charge, also have the alternator and charging system checked. Clean your bat terminals and make sure they're tight, that's the easiest stuff

Alright thanks a lot man, I'm gonna see about that tonight, it's appreciated.

On a second note, Sid the Kid and the Pens are gonna need those points tonight to move into a playoff position, i'm surprised a team full of talented younger players like they have hasn't done really well in the type of league theyre up against this year...he's been racking up the points alongside Marc Savard for my fantasy team though. Going to teh game in a few weeks game against the B's here in Beantown though, should be a good one. Did you say you were going to the Classic on New Years in Buffalo?

(Sorry for the hijack, I talk hockey whenever I can)
Old 12-05-2007 | 03:17 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by gotguinness?
Alright thanks a lot man, I'm gonna see about that tonight, it's appreciated.

On a second note, Sid the Kid and the Pens are gonna need those points tonight to move into a playoff position, i'm surprised a team full of talented younger players like they have hasn't done really well in the type of league theyre up against this year...he's been racking up the points alongside Marc Savard for my fantasy team though. Going to teh game in a few weeks game against the B's here in Beantown though, should be a good one. Did you say you were going to the Classic on New Years in Buffalo?

(Sorry for the hijack, I talk hockey whenever I can)
Don't get me started on them being at .500, season's still early though. They had a rough spell, and the coach kept changing their lines, they're more cohesive now than they have been which I'm glad for, also the other members have started stepping up and contributing more which is key especially since that's what happened last year. They're def coming around and I've seen a LOT of improvement. I watch every game, home and away, and have full season tickets to the home games Still trying to go to the buff game if I can get tix we're waiting for the pens season tix holders to free up more tix if they can, other than that I'll be paying high prices for it. And don't worry about hijacking the thread, it's your thread lol.
Old 12-05-2007 | 03:23 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
Don't get me started on them being at .500, season's still early though. They had a rough spell, and the coach kept changing their lines, they're more cohesive now than they have been which I'm glad for, also the other members have started stepping up and contributing more which is key especially since that's what happened last year. They're def coming around and I've seen a LOT of improvement. I watch every game, home and away, and have full season tickets to the home games Still trying to go to the buff game if I can get tix we're waiting for the pens season tix holders to free up more tix if they can, other than that I'll be paying high prices for it. And don't worry about hijacking the thread, it's your thread lol.

Season tickets, right on! I've been looking to get some for the B's next year, but every game ive gone to this year, i've only paid like $10-15 for a decent balcony seat, I'm just about to do that when I can make games, which actually ends up being cheaper than the $850 a year for the season tix.

I'm the same way with the Bruins, I watch every home and away game....with the red sox, Pats, and now the Celtics bandwagon, I feel as if i'm the only hockey fan left in town. Oh well...I like it that way.

Take a peek at ticketbastard around noon time leading up to the new eyars event, I do that a lot for concerts, especially the day of or day before the shows, they release a limited number of tix. I end up with pretty decent seats at Face Value...shit, i got 3rd row the day of the DMB show this year in Mansfield...I feel bad for the sucker who paid $1500 for 15th row on EBay.
Old 12-05-2007 | 04:34 PM

$850 a year for season tickets

you guys must be loving it down there..up here season tickets for the leafs are in the thousands + there's a waiting list like you wouldn't believe

either way Leafs FTW..we took out the Pens last Saturday & this Saturday the Bruins are next