any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 03:23 PM
ShinyCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation any advice?

I was hoping someone might be able to give me some information about my exhaust pipe. Its a 97 2.2CL and I was told that a hole is forming in the exhaust underneath the car, and it has def. gotten louder over the last few months, how bad is the problem, how much does this cost to fix, and where are the best mechani cs in the immediate L.A. area?
ALSO..
When it rains, and I turn sharply water runs down the inside of the passenger's side leg area from the engine...it has done it for a while but doesn't seem to be a big problem, just annoying. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it!
Thank you so much for the advice!
Old 04-27-2006, 08:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
as far as the exhaust, just buy a new muffler and have the whole exhuast system replaced, it would need to be done soon anyways

As far as the passenger water problem, get in there and move the carpeting, it may be a hole in the floorboard, or there is a hole in the firewall and water is coming in.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,098 Likes on 832 Posts
damn how long you had the car? where in LA u at? You should just come to the acura meet on Sunday!
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...335501&page=10

Originally Posted by saiko_cl_duck
as far as the exhaust, just buy a new muffler and have the whole exhuast system replaced, it would need to be done soon anyways

As far as the passenger water problem, get in there and move the carpeting, it may be a hole in the floorboard, or there is a hole in the firewall and water is coming in.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:00 PM
how handsome I am

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by saiko_cl_duck

does it only happen when it rains? Or is it always when you turn sharply?