3.0 99 & probably 98 torque conv and trans problems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 07:44 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3.0 99 & probably 98 torque conv and trans problems?

At about 37,500, noticed something not right about shift 2nd-3rd (there is a pattern to this at first). I learned the little (or big if your T & T is beyond saving, like mine) SECRET we are not supposed to find out. The CPU is flawed (design error or something) and there is one to replace it (redesigned to replace the faulty one).

The CPU in this car is a single unit and includes the PGM-FI and TCM. The CPU is also referred to as the PCM. My guess is this happens usually at higher milage and gradually enough that you will be told it is normal.

I got the new CPU, but know time will run out (T&T still broken)and they (dealer and Acura)are counting on that. The dealership in an effort to not fix or just forgot the Internal Memo from 98-99, did something that has completely messed up my car and its like talking to a stone wall! This car handled precisely! and the suspension was like new. Anyone heard of "SHIFTING THE BEAM"??????

They loosen certain bolts and mounts, rock the car (never a FWD AT), tighten back up.... and now my car handles like crap, jolts over road irregularities, rear and front ends are out of sinc (like shocks are almost shot) and I do not know what to do to get the car back in alignment like it was!!! HELP???

It goes out of wheel alignment if you blow on it, as a 'good will' gesture it was put on a Front End Machine and the castor and camber read ok, but the front and rear were out and re-aligned. This was the dealership's way of saying, "I'm imagining this", the suspension would be off if the c and c were off (they shut up about the alignment which they had just done before).

Hope I helped someone with the T&T and I could use any advise how to fix my 99CL (now at 44,500) alignment,and I intent to re-build or re-place the Trans/torque (Acura will, they just do not know it yet) so anyone who has faced them off and could offer advice, love to hear!